Brown Eyes | Loubbie

By carolairdd

Theirs was a different kind of love; they had played their roles during the day, but at night, away from the... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Acknowledgement

Chapter Nineteen

1.9K 74 37
By carolairdd

The sun on the coast along Manhattan was shining so bright; the day was beginning to start when Cate jumped out of Sandra's car with all smiles. Today, they had agreed to go to the set together. Sandra closed the car door the moment Cate snaked her arms around her waist.

"Don't you think your hand on my waist is a bit too much?" Sandra whispered, eyes towards the whole cast and crew smiling at them as they approached the location.

Cate smiled at the people waiting for them, "And don't you think the marks that you have placed on my neck and down to my collarbone are too much?" She whispered back, "Morag knows that Andrew doesn't put marks on me. She knows that because she has been my make up artist for the past decades. What do you think, hmm?"

"Silly! Tell her you've had a wild night then."

Cate wasn't able to counter back as they reached the set. Everyone exchanged smiles and hugged. Awkwafina joked about them - being true to their characters, to which Cate replied with well, she is really mine, that made everybody squeal out of giddiness. For many reasons, Sarah was on her trailer and she wasn't there when Cate said that. That day would be the start of their last week of shooting and all of them were obliged to stay in their trailers to which everyone agreed. When the exchanged of how are yous and how's the weekend subsided, the cast rushed towards their own trailer to get ready.

"Where will you get ready?" Cate asked, walking beside Sandra.

"Of course, in my trailer." She answered smiling, "And why did you ask?"

"Nothing. Just thought you'd like a little fun." Cate bit her lip, acting innocent when obviously, her implication did not sound so innocent at all, not even a bit.

Sandra laughed, faced Cate as she fixed her collar. "I would want to." She whispered, smiling at her so that if someone might see, they would just think she's fixing her collar in a friendly manner, "But not this morning. Also, you still have to find a way about the marks." She smiled and tapped her cheek before she grabbed her small luggage and walked in towards her own trailer leaving Cate beaming outside, all smiles and glitters.

-----

Sandra smiled as she watched Cate being interrogated by Morag and Anne Hathaway in the make-up location. She sat on the chair, sitting beside Anne, both in front of Cate who had her cheeks painted red with the constant questioning of Morag.

"Goodness! You are so scandalous, Blanchett." Anne joked, laughing at Cate who simply rolled her eyes, "How many rounds?"

"Hathaway, shut up." Cate answered, closing her eyes as Morag started to put on her eyeshadows. "And Sandy, please stop laughing."

Sandra laughed, leaning back on the chair. "How many rounds, Cate? Bet your night was wild."

"Not as wild as yours, baby." The blonde countered back.

Anne Hathaway looked at the two of them, eyes wide before she held Sandra's shoulders, leaning on her like a wondering child.

"Oh my god! Did she..." Anne started, a finger dashing on Cate, "Did she just call you baby?"

"Yes, I did." Cate smiled, "Thank you, Morag." She continued giving Morag another smile before the make-up artist went off. "And why?"

"Now, I got myself a confirmation. You two are a thing! We are not mistaken!" She answered, in her high-pitched voice that made Sandra squint her eye. "So Cate it wasn't Andrew right? It wasn't him who made those marks on you, but her! It's Sandy!"

"Goodness, Anne. Are you out of your mind? Cate's married." Sandra tried to play it cool, but she was given a shove from Anne.

"Oh shut it, Sandy. In the party, Cate told us that her marriage is over and that she is seeing someone new. And it's not a him, but a her! Oh God, it is really you!" She spoke again, looking at Sandra full-blown, "You picked her when she was drunk at the party. And you two came together this morning!"

"That's because we are friends." Sandra replied, eyeing Cate for a help,  who at the moment was just smiling at Anne's sudden realizations.

"Liar! The glances and the stares you two are giving each other says the opposite. Your eyes do not tell us that you are just friends." Anne replied, "And Sandy, how do you explain that?" She continued with a smirk as she pointed a hickey on her nape.

Sandra touched the part where Anne pointed. She then looked at Cate who was still grinning. God, why didn't she notice the mark? It felt like all the blood came rushing to her face. She knew at that moment that her face looked like a tomato and she hated the fact that Cate wasn't doing anything, except grinning.

"I am so happy right now. And you guys, you don't have to worry. I won't tell anybody. I won't be meddling with you two. I'll wait 'til you two will tell. I promise."

Cate blew the bubble by taking Sandra's hand and intertwining it with hers. The look on Anne's face seeing the scene was enough to take her breath for a second. Anne, then, started fanning herself with her hand, still on the era of doubts and shock.

"Is that a confirmation? Really? Holding hands?" Anne asked, standing up from her seat, looking unsettled.

Of course, who wouldn't be? As an actress, Anne admired and idolized both Sandra and Cate. Her work ethics have been based from what her idols were doing. And knowing that both of your idols were dating? It was enough to make her scream and go crazy for a week. Anne breathed in and out, fast and ungodly and that earned a laugh from the blonde.

"Blanchett, stop laughing. Are you both a thing? I mean, am I getting this right?" Anne, who was still stunned asked once more as she glanced from the blonde to the brunette.

Cate held Sandra's hand high, "What do you think of this? Or do you want me to put another mark on her?"

"That's it. I'm dead! I cannot handle this. I need to recharge."

And with that, Anne exited the area like a wimpsy man. Sandra looked at her lover unbelievably. She wasn't ready for that confirmation. Sandra's mouth hung as she stared at Cate.

"You told them about Andrew and your marriage? You told them in the party that you're dating a woman? And did I get it right - you just told Anne about our relationship?"

Cate leaned back closer to Sandra by dragging her chair towards the brunette. She rested her elbows on her knees while she clasped her hands with hers. There was something about Cate's eyes. There was a huge enigma to why those eyes could calm Sandra down - that even if the world would be ending - just by staring at those ocean blues, it would feel like the world's perfectly fine. Cate smiled as she thumbed Sandra's right cheek, a delicate touch that made Sandra's heart melt. Even if Sandra was in full doubts and her heart was beating so fast, she felt settled and safe.

"Honey, to answer your question, yes."

"But I didn't ask you to do it. I mean, no one doesn't need to know about us. I am perfectly fine being an unknown. I am fine with our set up." Sandra spoke, holding Cate's hand that was on her cheek, "You didn't have to do it."

"But I wanted to. I cannot fathom the fear just by thinking that I might lose you. I had you once, and the same thing, I kept you like a dark secret for I was afraid of coming out and it was my biggest mistake, Annette. I am blessed to have you and if I could just shout it to the world, let the world know that I am blessed to have you in my life, then I would, but I couldn't. And the least I can do is to tell the people around us that it is you and me." She smiled, "Us. Together."

Sandra smiled, mouth closed tightly as she tried to control her tears. She was happy, happier than she ever was. It was the first time Cate initiated something she really wanted to.

"I love you so much, Catie." She finally blurted, pulling Cate into a hug.

"And I love you more. Now that I told Anne, might as well tell everyone that I am in love with you." Cate replied, pulling a bit back just to see her face without breaking the hug, "And might as well get married so I can stare at your brown eyes for eternity."

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 2.2K 42
- fluffy/smutty with Sandra Bullock & Cate Blanchett & Rooney Mara and their characters - NONE OF THESE ARE MINE - ALL OF THE STORIES ARE FROM AO3...
3.7K 209 11
Debbie ran away from home and tells her story...if there wasn't her love Lou.
43K 1.4K 28
CATE X FEMME READER (Since i started this story my writing has improved so later chapters are better written.. so bare with me and try to push thro...
11.6K 561 23
[Cate x OC] She was losing herself and didn't know about it. I was lost and aware. When we finally found each other, to be off-course together, we w...