phobia (sequel to insomnia) |...

By felix_michelin

you can stay here. SPOILERS ABOUT INSOMNIA ARE IN THIS SUMMARY the sequel of the zombie skz book "insomnia" ... More

author's note
zone 1: thoughts
zone 2: camera
zone 3: balloon
zone 4: ambiguity
zone 5: reckless
zone 6: eyes
zone 7: monster
zone 8: different
zone 9: indefinite
zone 10: heavy-hearted
zone 11: stigma
zone 12: turnover
zone 13: tears
zone 14: moonlight
zone 15: bombs
zone 16: breach
zone 17: lightning
zone 18: kids
zone 19: diary
zone 20: sanctuary
zone 21: shy
zone 22: gaze
zone 23: moon
zone 24: hyunho
zone 25: feelings
zone 26: marshmallows
zone 28: threat
zone 29: secrets
zone 30: sacrifices
zone 31: realization
zone 32: broken
zone 33: fireflies
zone 34: lucy
zone 35: heartaches
zone 36: crossed
zone 37: savage
zone 38: intruder
zone 39: uninvited
zone 40: dance
zone 41: home
zone 42: dawn

zone 27: eavesdrop

641 43 46
By felix_michelin

a/n: im on spring break so i decided to give yall another chapter! happy spring everyone in the northern hemisphere! enjoy ❤️

Hana's POV

After Jinyoung finished his speech, everyone dispersed and started getting food and dancing to music. Looking around at the folks smiling, dancing, eating, and singing made me realize how much I missed having fun. I forgot how to let go and destress. It felt very foreign to me so I decided to disconnect myself from the group.

I silently sit in front of the campfire as the music plays from afar. I was in deep thought, thinking to myself in this warm atmosphere with laughter and singing surrounding me.

"Hey, why aren't you over there?" I hear a voice and look over to see Jae.

I missed him. He is holding a cup of something which I assume is alcohol based on the smell of his breath.

"I don't know, not feeling the party right now," I shrug and readjust myself to give Jae room to sit on the bench. Jae shakes his head.

"Y'know, I really missed you," Jae confesses, making me smile. I nod and look at him.

"I missed you too," I say. "Congrats on finding a vaccine by the way." Jae shrugs humbly and then looks up at the stars.

"If only it was easy to mass-produce," Jae says. "Enough talk about zombies and your half-blood, miss immune, how are you?" I like how Jae makes it easy to talk to him. Even though he is super intelligent, he still knows how to have a good time.

"I'm over here by myself at a party. What does that tell you?" I hint, showing how discomforted I feel even though I have no reason to be.

"C'mon, loosen up! You're alive in this world," Jae motivates me. "That should be enough to push you to live like it's your last night," I smirk at Jae as he stands and ruffles my hair. "Let's go, miss immune, they're about to play Bang Bang Bang by Big Bang, I know you wouldn't want to miss out on that." I scoff and slowly stand, making Jae clap his hands and cheer.

"You guys aren't worried about the zombies outside these walls or something?" I question.

"Hey, I told you to loosen up and besides that's what our watchdogs are for," Jae says. I glance over at the cage full of zombies. I guess they use them to distract the zombies from the humans inside the walls and to also keep unwanted humans out.

Jae leads me to the group of people who are dancing and eating. I hear the music get louder the closer I approach and notice Sana dancing with Hyunho on the field. I giggle as I watch them and bump into someone because I wasn't paying attention. I look up to see Jaehyun.

"Jaehyun," I say and step back. Jaehyun smiles, making me feel more comfortable already.

"Hana, I didn't know Hyunho got moves," Jaehyun jokes, looking back at Hyunho and Sana. I giggle and then nod.

"He has some dancing blood in him," I add onto the joke, and Jaehyun eyes me, making me curious as to what he is thinking.

"So you're saying, you got some dance in you?" Jaehyun questions. I feel my face turn red as I look up at him. I'm not a dancer, I am sure of it.

"No, I-" I stutter and Jaehyun starts subtly grabbing my hand to lead me into the crowd. I try to pull back and pout as he smiles at me.

"C'mon, Hana, when's the last time you had fun?" Jaehyun asks. I sigh and comply, following him out.

Time to loosen up as Jae said, I have to stop stressing about everything for once. Jaehyun twirls me making me laugh as we dance to the music. I stare at his sweet eyes and feel a sense of comfort. The longer I gaze, the more I start to think of Hyunjin. I blink away my thoughts and look down at the ground as I continue swaying.

The music soon dies down and I hear a mic being turned on. They are really carefree, aren't they? I look off into the distance, wondering if zombies are already piling up behind those fences.

"Don't worry, we're not that loud," Jaehyun winks. I scoff and shake my head, doubtfully.

"I'm pretty sure zombies in Australia can hear us," I joke. I look over to where Dowoon, Wonpil, and Sungjae are DJing and see Jae standing there with the mic. He looks pretty tipsy which makes me giggle to myself.

"ALRIGHT, the next song is dedicated to Hana and Changbin! OUR OLD FRIENDS ARE BACK AND ALIVE EVERYONE WOOOOO!" Jae yells. I cover my face in embarrassment as I hear Jaehyun laughing beside me. "I PROMISED TO PLAY THIS SONG SO," Jae cues Wonpil to press play and Bang Bang Bang starts playing. I laugh so hard and see Jae pointing at me.

"Oh my Lord," I say in embarrassment. Suddenly Jisung and Changbin jump beside Jae in excitement making me laugh even harder. Jae hands the mic over to Changbin and Jisung.

"Yo, yo, J. One on the track!" Jisung says, making me smile. I really missed them.

For the first time, I felt my cheeks hurt from smiling and laughing too much. Jisung and Changbin start rapping over the track as everyone hyped them up in the crowd. I look over to my side and see that Jaehyun is gone which alarms me. I look around me in confusion. I meet eyes with Hyunjin who is finally alone with no Wonyoung beside him. He looks annoyed and stressed, making me concerned. He is heading back inside the hospital and I look around for Wonyoung. Just brush it off Hana, it's not your business. I sigh and nod, trying to enjoy the music.

"Mommy!" I hear Hyunho and look around to see him running from Yuta. I smile and pick him up, happy to see him having fun.

"Why are you running, Hyunnie?" I ask and kiss his cheeks. Yuta catches up to us with his shining smile.

"Mommy is base!" Hyunho exclaims. I assume they are playing tag. I scoff and look at Yuta.

"You can't make everything you see the base, that's cheating," Yuta ruffles Hyunho's hair. Yuta is out of breath which signals to me that it's time for Hyunho to go to bed.

"It looks like it's time for bedtime," I say and wink at Yuta who gives me a thumbs up to thank me. I nod and take Hyunho back inside.

"Goodnight, Uncle Yuta!" Hyunho waves goodbye as does Yuta.

When I go through the main lobby with Hyunho in my arms, I hear something a few rooms down. Superhearing can really be handy sometimes.

"Do you still love her?" It's Jeongin's voice. I hear sniffles and sobs.

"Is it bad if I do?" My eyes grow wide once I hear Hyunjin's voice.

[everything around me but you

fades out]

Jeongin's POV

"Hyunjin?" I question, opening my door slowly as I see Hyunjin's sad face.

I'm not outside because I was having a headache. I tilt my head in confusion by Hyunjin's appearance since he should be outside with everyone else.

"Sorry, were you sleeping?" Hyunjin asks, making sure he wasn't taking up my time.

I shake my head and let him inside, leaving the door open a little, thinking that we would have a quick conversation.  Hyunjin sits on my bed in deep thought and rubs his face numerous times, making me nervous and concerned.

"What's wrong?" I ask, sitting beside him. Hyunjin avoids eye contact with me.

"Wonyoung and I were arguing before the community gathering," Hyunjin sighs. "She didn't like how I went with everyone else to the trailer park. I don't know why but I felt like I needed to go with them. And for some reason, I didn't care that she didn't like it," Hyunjin reveals, letting out a deep breath and looking up at the ceiling. I notice tears in his eyes as he tries to blink them away. He licks his lip as he tries to hold back his tears.

"You wanted to go because you missed her," I say the obvious, knowing that Hyunjin has been battling his feelings for Hana for a long time. "You never stopped and once you saw her again, you knew you had to go back with her in case something happened," I say. Hyunjin nods unwillingly and covers his face.

"Why do I feel bad? Why do I feel like I'm doing something wrong by being around her but still manage to miss her so much and feel my heart break when I'm not?" Hyunjin questions and his tears begin to fall. I sigh and pat his back to comfort him and he slowly hugs me.

"Because you're with someone else now and you'd never want to hurt anyone, but I think you're making a mistake here, Hyunjin," I say, letting out my opinion. "I know how much Wonyoung has done for you over this past year and how much you've grown but... Hana..." I sigh. "Do you still love her?" I hold Hyunjin and his sniffles become lighter.

"Is it bad if I do?" Hyunjin asks me, making me feel pithiful for him. He's conflicted and doesn't know what to do.

"It's not bad to still love her," I answer. "But how can you continue being with someone else when you're looking at another girl?"

"She probably doesn't love me like that anymore," Hyunjin shakes his head and lets go of me, wiping his tears. "I saw her dancing with Jaehyun," Hyunjin says with jealousy in her tone.

I know how much Jaehyun means to Hana but he can't compare to what Hyunjin means to her. I saw Hana's face when she saw Wonyoung with Hyunjin. She definitely still loves him. I stay silent, knowing it's not my place to reveal her feelings when they're not mine. Before I could speak again, Hyunjin stands up and lets out a deep breath.

"It's whatever, we're not together and I'm with someone else," Hyunjin says, trying to make it seem like everything is okay. "It's not my business or place to tell her who she can be with now. I should just be happy for her now, I guess."

"Hyunjin-" I try to stop his thoughts but he interrupts me.

"I'll be fine," Hyunjin forces a smile. "Thanks for letting me vent to you. You should get some sleep for your headache," he says, leaving before I could say another word. I sigh once the door closes and shake my head. I hope he realizes soon that he's not thinking correctly before it's too late.

Sana's POV
The next day...

I am outside on the farms doing my regular chore of tending to the crops with Tzuyu and Dahyun. As I am picking up the tomatoes, I glance over at Hyunjin and Jisung who are at the shooting grounds practicing their archery with Changbin.

"We should have a girls' night with Hana," Tzuyu mentions and I nod.

"Ooh! That sounds fun!" Dahyun agrees.

"I think she would love that, thanks guys," I say. I start to worry about how she is doing dealing with everything about Hyunho and Lucy and now,
Wonyoung.

"Sana, you can hand me your basket," I blink out of my thoughts and hand it over to Tzuyu. "You okay? You were spacing out there."

"I was just thinking about Hana," I confess. "She has a lot on her plate with Lucy and Hyunho," I explain.

"Yeji told me she is going to tell Lucy soon after she talks to Young K," Dahyun says and I nod.

"It must be scary, there's a chance she could lose Lucy's trust," Tzuyu points out.

"Hopefully Lucy understands," I sigh. "She's getting older and has to know at some point. I just don't want it to badly affect Hana or Yeji's relationship with her," I say. I go wash my hands in the can full of water and notice Jeongyeon approaching us.

"Yah, I think Hana is in trouble," Jeongyeon alarms us. What?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.3K 486 15
"Ughhh I can't sleep again!" Halla grumbled in her pillow "It's freaking 2:00 am and I'm still up. What am I doing with my life." // "Oh shit I overs...
25.7K 722 44
"But they are my kids" "No they are my kids. I have raised them for the last five years by myself while you left and became a idol, all they hav...
300K 11.4K 74
you can't sleep at night. you can't sleep regularly when something is always on your mind. and its worse because you live in a zombie apocalypse whic...
137K 4.7K 26
Remake of Are You Okay from my other account @Imfine108 "Are you okay?" I asked, looking at her worriedly. My eyes drifting to her neck to see red ha...