Yoo Look Familiar | 2yeon

By misomina

'Single mother and working class extraordinaire' Im Nayeon meets Yoo Jeongyeon at a party. - When Nayeon take... More

one | el fiesta
three | all these emotions
four | jubilee
five | calls
six | beware of the attack
seven | days out
eight | pick-up
nine | good to see you again
ten | dinner

two | dances

801 36 46
By misomina

"You have a...a kid?"

"Shocker, right?" Nayeon laughs. "I had him in college. I was stupid, drunk and dumb. It was just a one-night stand."

"You still love him though, right?"

"Of course. I don't regret having him at all. He's the light of my life, my precious boy." Nayeon holds her head up high. "He means the whole world to me."

Jeongyeon looks around. "I don't mean your son. I know you'd always love your children. I meant your one-night stand man."

"Oh...him?" Nayeon clears her throat. "I don't-I think that-Well, actually-I'm not even sure. But I'm trying to get along with him for Haejun's sake. He lives in Italy, and it's hard for my boy to see him."

"What's he do?"

"Oh, he works as a construction manager there. Builds houses and stuff like that. Gets enough money for me and Haejun to keep on."

Jeongyeon rolls her tongue around her mouth as the music stops, and stands up straight. "I'd better get going. I've got to rest myself for tomorrow's shooting."

She turns around, before feeling a nostalgic hold on her wrist.

"Yoo Jeongyeon, dance with me first."

*****

The next song is slow, and Jeongyeon and Nayeon are both pacing themselves, twirling each other around like little kids.

"The last time I saw you was at the school dance you know," Nayeon pouts. "Then you ran away from me and I never saw you again."

"You saw me two months later...?" Jeongyeon furrows her brows.

"That was just a figment of my imagination. You didn't exist after that ball to me." The older woman jokes, and Jeongyeon spins her around again. "Besides, I wouldn't even take that second time into account. Kinda messed my head up for the whole match, to be honest."

"Who won?"

"Who do you think?" She replies smugly, and Jeongyeon laughs at the smirk on her face.

She puts her hand on Nayeon's waist. "Still as humble as ever, I see."

Nayeon just laughs, because things that were in the past seemed to just be a distant memory. It were as if the things that seemed to pose such a huge problem before were now just merely bedtime stories to tell her son.

"By the way," Jeongyeon's been wondering about this for a long time. "Whatever happened to Mina?"

Nayeon looks around, because she knows a lot, but it's not enough to fully answer that question.

After that Winter Dance, Mina knew that her father and other yakuza leaders would be trying to find her and kill her. Yet she demanded to stay at the school.

"She was killed about three months after I left." Nayeon's smile drops. "She really risked it all."

Jeongyeon feels tears welling up in her eyes.

She regrets not forgiving Mina that day in the storage room. She regrets giving Mina the side-eye that day on the rooftop.

She should have offered her protection.

"I...I..." Jeongyeon wants to cry, but it's embarrassing in front of all these other rich people.

"Don't cry, Jeong." Nayeon sighs, and then looks up with a smirk on her face. "...Because I'm just kidding!"

Jeongyeon immediately changes her posture, and Nayeon proceeds to slap her shoulder down whilst cackling.

The younger one rubs her shoulder immediately. "Jeez, I think I lost some height because of that damn slap."

Nayeon can't hold in her laughter, and it's earning the stares of the people around them. Not that she cares, because they don't mean anything to her.

The blonde one looks at the laughing woman and smiles dearly. It's been a long time, hasn't it?

The bunny-teethed woman's laughter finally subsides, and they both walk off the dance floor, proceeding to sit down on some stray chairs.

"So what really happened to her then?" Jeongyeon asks curiously.

Nayeon crosses one leg over the other. "She disappeared about a month after I graduated. Momo was heartbroken, she didn't speak for weeks." She looks up into the sky and chuckles to herself. "But we received a telegram of some sort from her about two years ago, so we know she's still alive. She's somewhere, we just have no idea where."

Glasses start clinking after being hit with forks, and the emcee stands up on the stage with a microphone in his hand.

Jeongyeon and Nayeon both turn their attention to the man, and the latter realises she has to go up again soon to sing.

"Well, folks, I hope you're all enjoying this party as I am. We have a wonderful hostess to thank, as she has prepared this delightful party and executed it oh so well." He directs his attention to the two women at the side of the party, and Nayeon can't help but feel confused. "Miss Yoo, would you mind coming up to the stage for a few words before you leave?"

Nayeon stared at Jeongyeon with her mouth agape. Jeongyeon had planned this all along?

Jeongyeon makes her way to the stage and smiles at everyone, and whilst she takes a long look in everyone's eyes, she spends about five more seconds looking at Nayeon.

Nayeon shyly waves to her, and mouths a 'Just speak already!'

"Well, I'm grateful you're all here at this party. I actually didn't plan this party by myself. My best friend, Park Jihyo, helped me with the planning. She also helped me find our guest singer tonight, who also happens to be someone I miss so dearly, Miss Im Nayeon." Jeongyeon starts to clap, and everyone else at the party claps as Nayeon makes her way to the stage, taking the mic from the stand.

The younger woman leans over to whisper in Nayeon's ear. "Thank you for clearing out your schedule for this."

Nayeon smiles warmly and nods as Jeongyeon makes her way off the stage.

"So this song," Nayeon begins to introduce, "Is a little something I wrote about nine years ago."

The pianist starts to play the instrumental, and Nayeon smiles lovingly at Jeongyeon who is at the front of the stage.

"It's when I lost someone I had fallen in love with. In fact, I hated her at first, because she was better than me in everything. But I fell in love with her for the same reason too. It was like I had met my match."

Jeongyeon chuckles to herself. She remembers those days.

"This song was about my dream, something I wish would have happened - but it was the complete opposite of reality. Anyways, to my Mafia Leader, I wrote this song about you."

when im around you
my words dont form
its all a jumble and i cant help it
maybe if this were just another crush
i'd be over you
but why does it feel like
the universe has other plans

pulled a reverse knight of swords
im exhausted
the thinking about you
wasnt a part of my plan
im tired out

im in love with an angel
but it seems like
theyre in love with someone else
maybe if this were an alternate universe
we'd be happy
but you look happier with her

stupid school crush
stupid soft hands
stupid smile that makes my heart melt everytime i look at your face
the epitome of beauty and grace
feel like a robot without wires
sick and tired
except when im in the city of angels
with an angel like you

im in love with an angel
and it seems like
theyre in love with someone
maybe if this were an alternate universe
it would work
but you look happier with me

got an azalea ring with your name
it's been years since our wedding day
you left heaven to stay here with me
is this my happy ending

im in love with an angel
and they told me
theyre in love with me
there is only one universe
and it's working
and i look happier with you

As the song finishes, Nayeon feels her phone buzz in her pocket. She quickly bows and walks off the stage to answer the phone.

Jeongyeon notices Nayeon's rushed and panicked demeanour and slyly follows behind.

"Yes, Sana? What's wrong?" Nayeon hears Sana's heavy pants behind the phone. "What do you mean you're taking Haejun to the hospital? What happened?!"

Jeongyeon reaches her hand out and taps Nayeon's shoulder.

"No, no, I'll be there. I've just finished my part, thank Zeus. Alright, please update me on his wellbeing as often as you can." Nayeon cuts the call and turns to Jeongyeon. "I'm sorry, Jeong. I've got to go."

"I'll take you there. It'll be quicker than taking the bus, okay?"

Nayeon doesn't even get the time to answer, as Jeongyeon is already dragging her to her car. The engine starts, and the two are off, trying to get to the hospital as soon as possible.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.8K 541 15
When Jeongyeon is ready to open his heart, he is caugth up in confusion between these two people. "In Love with Two" sequel of my first fanfic "Let's...
32.7K 1.3K 34
Myoui Mina a 34 years old widow business woman from States visits Korea for her best friend's Park Jihyo's wedding. Unexpectedly she'll meet her b...
13.3K 330 11
Mina and Chaeyoung are dating when Mina finds out her low-key crush, Tzuyu is questioning her sexuality. And Nayeon and Jeongyoen are dating too
75.2K 3.3K 51
Park Jihyo could not be any happier on the night of her one-year anniversary with Minatozaki Sana. Their special day was ruined due to work, but Jihy...