strawberries and cigarettes (...

By xxalwayssofia

Louis Tomlinson and Harry Styles live in a frat house. More

Prologue
Part 1: One
Two
Three
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Part 2: Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Part 3: Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Epilogue
A/N
New fic!!

Four

5.2K 171 201
By xxalwayssofia

Louis'  POV:

Sunday was pretty relaxing. I finished my essay before lunch time, and hence, I had the rest of the day off. We pretty much did our own thing. Weekends are fun. I love weekends. Once I was done with my essay, I went ahead to play video games with Liam and Niall. Zayn was up in his room, painting something whereas Harry and Alaska were up in her room, continuing their show. They have been binge watching that show for two days now. I don't even know what show it is, really. I mentally made a note to ask Harry about it later.

So, yeah Sunday was alright. But Monday was absolutely annoying. I had a bunch of classes; probably not as many as Harry, but still quite a lot. Speaking of Harry and his classes, why on earth does he take so many classes? No, seriously. Half of the classes he takes are so unnecessary. I mean, I do know that he did try to drop some of his courses or maybe change them. I'm convinced that the lady at the administration office hates him. She's always such a bitch to him. It's ridiculous. But, anyway.

Harry usually always texts me before he leaves his last class, or when he gets home. He texted me today as well, but it was just a string of sad and negative emojis. Oh, boy. So, it's just one of those days. I got home around four in the evening. I could hear Alaska singing in the kitchen as I put away my shoes and walked on to her.

She beamed when she saw me, "Louis, hi! Do you want cookies? I made cookies."

I took one of her cookies; because honestly, her cookies are delicious. Don't tell Harry, though. Harry makes delicious cookies too, but Alaska's cookies just hit different. I'm allowed to love both cookies, okay. I grinned at her before I took a bite of my cookie, "Hey, hey. How was class today?"

She shrugged, "Pretty chill, actually. What about you? Oh hey, how'd that essay submission go?"

Oh, that. I finished my cookie, "Pretty good. I had the appropriate word count and everything. The professor accepted it."

Alaska clapped her hands, "Oh, great! Hey, Niall, Liam and I are going out to dinner later today. Do you wanna come?"

I shook my head, "Nah, thanks. I'd rather stay in and order something. Why isn't Zayn going with you guys?"

Alaska rolled her eyes at that, "Oh, he's going out to get high with a bunch of friends. They are gonna smoke shit and get drunk. And Harry said he's too tired to join us."

I almost physically frowned at that; Harry was always so fucking tired because of all his classes. He kind of really needs to stop giving a fuck about all the unnecessary courses he takes. Like, he knows he's gonna drop them at some point, but he still continues to go to all the lecture and do all the homework? He needs to stop being a loser nerd immediately. Ugh.

Anyways, I focused on Alaska again, "One of these days, Zayn is gonna get caught by the cops and we'll have to bail him out."

Alaska snorted, "Yeah, I'm not going anywhere near that. If he does get arrested, it's on Liam or Harry to bail him out."

Liam entered the kitchen at that exact moment, apparently having heard the conversation, "Why is it on us?"

Alaska hit my arm, "Well can you imagine Louis being responsible enough to talk to an actual cop? He'll probably get thrown in jail too. Niall will just keep laughing, and I just don't wanna bail his dumb ass out."

I glared at her as I rubbed my arm; really, hitting me was so unnecessary. Liam meanwhile just laughed as he got a cookie to eat. I got a plate and piled three cookies onto it before heading upstairs. I dropped my bag at the foot of my bed before making my way up to Harry's room. 

I declared as I walked in, without knocking of course, "I brought cookies."

Harry, who was lying on his stomach, his face buried in his pillow, turned over to peek at the cookies in my hand, "Ali's cookies?"

I mimicked him, "Ali's cookies? Yes, Harry. Ali's cookies."

He frowned, sitting up, as I handed the plate to him, "Well, okay. No need to be mean."

Aw, no. I didn't mean to upset him or anything. I joke like that all the time, for fuck's sake. I sighed as I got onto the bed, straddling him. He put down the plate of cookies on instinct, his hands reading up to my waist to balance me. I tilted his head upwards, "What's wrong?"

He kissed my stomach softly before moving me aside so he could get back to his cookies, "Nothing's wrong."

I leaned over to kiss his shoulder, "Well then why are you all frowny?"

He sighed, "I'm just tired."

I sighed too, as he ate a cookie, "Harry, babe, you need to do something about this 'too many classes to handle' situation. It's going kill you at some point, you know. You're overworking yourself."

He looked at me forlornly, "I know. I'm trying, Lou."

I frowned, "I know you are. Weren't you gonna go to the administration office again today?"

He finished his second cookie, "I did."

I waited for him to continue and tell me what happened, but he didn't offer any more information. I took his wrist and slowly stroked it, making him relax immediately, "Well? How did it go?"

He replied dryly, "I think we both know how it went, Louis."

Ugh. Like, I said, I just know that the administration office lady hates him. Her name is probably Karen anyway. Or Candace. Does Candace sound like a sour bitch name? She's probably mad because her husband slept with her brother or something, and hence, she feels the need to show her authority over poor, university students. It's pathetic really. Okay, calm down, Louis.

I poked Harry's nose (I think it's called a boop?), making him giggle. Aw, there it is. I leaned down to kiss him once before speaking, "Do you want me to come along to the admission office? You need to be firm with those people, you know. I'm firmer than you."

His eyes flitted down to my ass, and he smirked, "Yep. Very good wording, babe."

I threw my head back and laughed, smacking his arm, "Jesus Christ, Harry. That's not what I meant. Obviously. Okay, but seriously, I can come along with you and talk to her, you know? Maybe she'll listen?"

Harry's smirk eased into a soft smile, "No offense, Lou, but you have a tendency to be... Harsh? I can't find the right word. You're just blatant and straight-forward and crude. She'll probably write you up or something."

I rolled my eyes, "And you're too nice and soft and babyish. If you want to be taken seriously, you gotta act that way, babe. Also, writing up is not a thing. This is college."

Harry put away his plate on his nightside table before wrapping his arms around me, "Whatever you say. Did you come up to just make me feel worse about this situation?"

I shook my head immediately, "Of course not. Never. I just wanna help, H. This isn't good for you."

He remained quiet for a while, most likely in deep thought about something. I nudged him, "H?"

He looked up at me, "Yeah. Tell you what. You can come with me to the administration office whenever I go next, okay?"

I don't know what made him change his mind, but heck yeah, I'll take it. I grinned at him, "Alright, love. Sounds good. Now, the others are going out today evening. What do you wanna do? Or are you too tired?"

He shook his head, "No, it's okay. We can do something. Oh, can we go get cheesecake?"

I raised my eyebrows at him, "Depends. Are you going to make me my fettucine?"

He spoke in a pleading voice, which was unnecessary by the way, "Can I make you pasta some other time? I don't wanna cook today."

I nodded immediately; of course, I did. I'm never going to force him into doing something. I removed myself from his lap and made myself comfortable on his bed, "Of course. So, we're gonna go out to a diner and get burgers and cheesecake?"

He lit up at that, "Yes! Wait, what if we end up going to the same diner as the others? Aren't at least a few of our roommates going out to eat today?"

I thought that over, "Well, yeah. Or I can just go and get burgers and cheesecake as takeout?"

He stared at me fondly before reaching up and kissing me, "Thank you, Lou."

I pushed him off, "Ugh. Dork. No problem." He just laughed before laying down again and going back to sleep within the next few minutes.

Later that evening, once everyone else was out of the house, I went ahead to walk to our favourite diner. They really have the best cheese cake ever, and Harry and I get it as often as possible, but not often enough for it to be ridiculously unhealthy. When I got back home with our food, Harry had woken up already. He had been still asleep when I left to go to the diner. He was already in the kitchen, the dining table set up for two.

He waved when he saw me walk into the kitchen, "Saw your text that you were going out to get food."

I put down the food on the table, "I did, yeah. I didn't wanna wake you up."

He grinned at me, "Thanks, I appreciate it. I was super exhausted and I wanted to be able to stay awake while we eat."

I just rolled my eyes as I went ahead to get the food out of the containers. We spent the next half hour happily eating our food. I swear to god, Harry practically moaned when he took the first bite of his cheesecake. Not that I blame him. That's some delicious fucking cheesecake. Once that was done, we went up to Harry's room to watch a movie. He fell asleep halfway through it, though. Again, I can't really blame him. Poor lad is constantly exhausted. 

I put away his laptop and kissed his head before going back to my room. I'll probably sneak back into his room once everyone else is home and sealed up in their rooms, though. Plus, I did have some homework to complete so I went ahead to do that. Today was long, but still a good fucking day. I have no complains at all.

***

A/N

Ayo, awkward ending check! Anyways I love them bye. Vote and comment thankss

~Sofia x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

293K 8K 53
Harry and Louis are college students who live in different states but meet over Tinder. Given the distance, it seems impossible that they will ever m...
3.8M 27K 59
When Louis Tomlinson comes home to live in the house he and his little sister own, together he will also bring One Direction to live there too. Darcy...
1.8K 74 20
Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson have been a part of world's famous onedirection band. They have been living together and are extremely close. It was...
2.5K 84 4
Marcel by day. Harry Styles by night. "Marcel" attends high school in Cheshire England and is know as the king of nerds. But take away the glasses, w...