Just Roommates

By justkending

These two college friends have had years to grow together. Each being the others support system, adventure bu... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two

Chapter Seventeen

3.7K 139 74
By justkending

"Damn it," Bucky hissed looking to where Y/N was oblivious to who walked in.

If she saw her, forget having the issue of a bar fight with Thor. This one was going to be 10x worse.

"I thought she moved out of the state," Steve said leaning closer to Bucky, but the two were still watching the she-witch in the distance.

"Thought so too, but maybe her stupid business brought her back," Bucky growled.

He turned back to Y/N who was now looking at him, and as soon as she saw the worry on his face, she turned her head to the side.

"What?" she mouthed.

Not thinking it through, Bucky turned to monitor the brunette again to see if she had somehow vanished into the air like he had hoped, but no. He had the worst luck apparently, and the woman was now making eye contact with him. Her cheshire cat grin grew as if her plan was being played out perfectly.

"Fuck," Bucky muttered looking to Y/N who was now following his previous eye line. "Shit, shit, shit," he said, quickly forgetting the game in front of him, and smacking Steve's arm for them to move, but Steve was one step ahead already heading to Y/N. "Get her. I'll get the devil in Prada."

Y/N was sliding off her stool with a look to kill after recognizing the woman that made the mistake of waltzing here. Shit was about to hit the fan if Y/N reached her, but luckily Steve was quick to the jump. He wrapped his arms around Y/N's middle keeping her from going further.

All she saw was red though.

"Steve, let me go," she said in a calm yet terrifying tone, never turning to look at the man holding her. Her eyes set on the woman.

"Y/N take a breath. Don't be too rash," Steve said in a soothing way in her ear and pulled her back more where she was struggling against him.

"What's going on?" Nat asked next to Maria, before turning to assess the situation. "That little bitch," she said with a dangerous tone.

"Nat, don't make me restrain you too," Steve warned as he re-adjusted his arms to really hold Y/N who was close to slipping.

"I'm fine," Nat waved off. "For now."

"What's she doing here?" Maria asked. Clint and Sam now noticing something was up and joining the group.

"That's the question," Steve groaned as Y/N started using her elbows. "I'm trying to help here, Y/N/N. Don't fight me please."

"If you want to help, let me go," she said through her teeth.

"Not a good idea Y/L/N," Clint spoke up, moving in front of her, just in case she did get away.

Bucky had made it to the other woman now. He had been looking back at Y/N to gage her reaction, and he knew he only had a few minutes to get the she-devil out before Y/N broke free from the three men and all hell really did break loose.

"Hmmmm, James. How sweet to see you again," the brunette purred with a pop of her hip, arms crossed, and the damn cat like grin still on her face.

"Can't say the same," Bucky retorted. "What are you doing here?"

"What a sweet welcome," she sneered, tilting her head to see Y/N being restrained in the corner. "What? No greeting from your little side piece?" Y/N made eye contact and immediately started fighting Steve harder. Sam and Clint having to step in. "Feral, that one."

"I said, what are you doing here Bonnie?" he growled, ignoring her and moving to where he was blocking Y/N from her view.

"Hmmm. Still protective of each other I see. Guess nothing has really changed there," she said looking around. "Can't believe I used to come here with you guys. This place is disgusting," she said with a raised lip.

Of course she thought it was disgusting. She was always Miss. Prissy. Name brand clothes, some styled personally by the person themselves. Always had her nails perfectly a manicure. A hair never out of place and the attitude of a spoiled rich girl.

"Just goes to show that you never belonged here to begin with," Bucky retorted. "Listen, I don't know what you're doing here, and I honestly don't care. I'm just going to warn you now, you should leave now while you're ahead."

"I know you're a wealthy businessman James, but I don't remember you owning this place." she scoffed. "So, from what I understand, I have every right to be here if I please."

"But is it a smart move?" he said with annoyance.

"Oh, come on James. Why not catch up some? It's been 3 years give or take," she purred again, stepping closer.

"Two years," he said monotone. "Guess it's hard to keep up with the time when you don't give a shit."

"I gave a shit, but it's hard to keep giving a shit when your boyfriend is in love with his 'best friend'," she shot back, crossing her arms more and pushing her cleavage up, but Bucky never broke from her cold eyes. "You still calling her that, even when we all knew that wasn't the case at all."

"That's none of your business," Bucky sneered, taking a step in. The two practically chest to chest now.

"How's the nose BonBon?" a voice came from behind.

"Well, well, well..." Bonnie said with a grin as she looked at Bucky. His eyes turned from intimidating to worried. She looked over Bucky's shoulder seeing Y/N with both her fist clenched at her side and her face showing she meant business. "Speak of the devil herself. Nose is great by the way. No thanks to you."

"Well, it's a good thing you have daddy's money to buy you a new one," Y/N responded with venom in her voice.

Steve was sprinting behind her clearly showing he lost the battle of holding her back. Once he caught up he stopped panting and folding over some.

"Sorry, I thought I had her, but she kicked me. In the worst place," Steve said with short breaths.

Bucky groaned moving to stand between the two as the last defense while Steve recuperated.

"Listen, I don't want to fight. I'm better than that Bonnie. You? Not so much," Y/N said with a dark glare. "Why don't you pack up your Louis Vuitton briefcase and head on out?"

Besides the front Bonnie was putting on of a brave face, she still had a hint or terror in her eyes. Any smart person would given what happened last time Bonnie tried to go against Y/N.

"I have business to attend to if you don't mind. As I was telling Bucky, I don't remember your little rat pack owning this dive bar," Bonnie responded in disgust.

"Cool. Then do your business and leave," Y/N said, arms crossed matching her stance and taking a step closer.

Bucky moved on instinct to Y/N and put an arm out keeping her from going further. Bonnie analyzed the situation.

"Wow. You two did get together, didn't you?" she scoffed. "Shocker."

"Don't act like you know anything Bonnie," Bucky warned.

"It would be the smartest move for you, sweetheart," Y/N added. Bucky felt a sense of pride having a girl like Y/N at his side and not Bonnie anymore.

"Barbarians," she said, flipping her pageant ready hair and looking away for a split second, but not too long before looking back to make sure Y/N didn't pounce. "Fine. I don't want to be here longer than I need to anyway."

"Great. Everyone agrees," Y/N said with a fake smile.

Bonnie gave her one more look before rolling her eyes. "Have a great night," she mumbled moving away finally.

Bucky let out a sigh of relief before turning to Y/N and putting his hands on both of her shoulders trying to get her eyes on him. But the woman was stubborn and wouldn't move her eyes away from threat. Bucky could feel the tension in her shoulders. She was in fight mode, and one little thing would be all it took to set her off. Especially when it came to that specific ex of his.

Y/N was a bomb around her, as well as a lion who hadn't been fed in a week. Anything could tick her off and one wrong move meant losing a limb.

Apparently Bonnie didn't learn from the last time and her last little comment set off the bomb.

"Whore," she mumbled under her breath, but Y/N was waiting for it, and immediately lunged at the brown haired priss.

"Y/N!" Bucky shouted, having to maneuver to hold her like Steve had earlier. Both arms snaked around her waist and pulling back as much as possible.

"YOU LITTLE-!" Y/N began to claw at the space keeping her from her prey.

"Stop Y/N! Stop!" Steve shouted, running to help, being the only reason Y/N was able to be held back enough to not break Bonnie's nose again.

Bonnie jumped moving quickly out of the way, and sending a worried look that quickly turned to a fake proud one. She was terrified behind the faux face, but she acted as if she was happy at the reaction she got out of her.

"Good luck with that one James. You'll need it," she waved, walking quickly to the back where her supposed meeting was.

"Fuck you Bonnie," Bucky spit her way still holding Y/N back, but she didn't turn around this time.

"Y/N, calm down," Steve begged, trying to tame the lion in Bucky's arm.

"Don't tell me to calm down! That stupid, little Miss-" she started, grabbing more attention from everyone around her.

"Let's go outside, doll. Come on," Bucky prompted, pulling her to the front doors.

"Buck-" she said softing just a little, and not fighting as hard.

"I know. I know. Let's just go outside and get some air, ok?" Bucky reassured her by grabbing her face in his hands and turning her to him. "Please."

She was hesitant. She wanted to turn and really check if Bonnie wasn't there, but she took a breath and nodded.

"Thank you," he smiled ever so softly. "Steve, make sure Nat doesn't try to do something too." he nodded.

"Already have Clint and Sam on it. You sure you're good?" Steve checked with sincere eyes.

"I got her," he nodded. "We'll be ok."

Steve gave him a single nod before heading over to the crew. Giving the two space.

Once they were outside and in the parking lot of the dive bar, Bucky pulled her over to his bike, and leaned her on it. His hands hadn't left her, but they were now moving up and down her arms as she tried to even her breathing.

A few minutes passed. Y/N closing her eyes and trying to think of anything other than the she-devil inside. She grabbed Bucky's hands and placed them on either side of her face. Using it as a way to ground her. Buck was fine with it and moved in trapping her to the bike and rubbing his thumbs across her cheekbones. He was waiting till she was ready to talk.

"I'm sorry," she finally said.

"For what?" he asked. She looked up sending him a glare as if he was taunting her. "I really mean it. You didn't do anything wrong Y/N/N. There's nothing to be sorry about."

"I made a scene."

"You were defending me."

"And making a scene."

"Nothing compared to what I thought you were going to do when you saw her. You kept it under the reigns this time," he chuckled, placing a simple kiss to her nose, before pulling back and seeing the slight sign of a soft smile.

"She deserved a lot more than a broken nose last time I saw her," she mumbled in a pout, making Bucky laugh more and pull her into his chest.

"Considering she attacked you and called you all kinds of names? Yeah, I would have to agree."

"There was a lot more to it than that... Buck," she corrected, pulling back enough to see his face. "What's she doing here?"

"Business apparently. I couldn't care less. As long as I don't see her again, I'll be fine," he looked at her. She gave him an unsure look and he could see the worry in her Y/E/C eyes. "With you around, I'll be fine."

"I was around last time and you weren't fine," she mumbled again.

"I was. It just took me a while to get there. Now I know what I have. It's right in front of me. As bright as daylight," he smiled.

"Are we sure she's not a devil?" Y/N asked with a raised eyebrow.

Bucky chuckled before bringing her back into his chest. They just needed a second in the other's arms right now. The world around them be damned.
_______

"Ok, remind me. Who is this Bonnie girl?" Sam asked, being the newer one to the group, and also the one who was still overseas when this all happened.

"You want the long or short version?" Nat asked with a scoff watching the back area where Bonnie had gone as if she were the next to pounce.

"Is medium an option?" Sam asked.

"Bonnie was Bucks girlfriend around the time Y/N went on her little after-college-adventures. She had only been gone for close to a year, when Bucky and Bonnie started dating," Steve started explaining to get it all out there before Y/N and Bucky came back. "We all liked Bonnie the first couple of months. She was sweet, generous, and kind. Everything you would want for a friend."

"Some of us picked up faster than others," Nat added, sending Steve a look.

"I was happy he finally was settling down some. I may have been slightly blindsided," Steve groaned. "Anyway, about 3 months into the relationship, things started taking a different turn. She was rude to us, never wanted to hangout, therefore Bucky didn't, and acted as if we were dirt on the floor below her and started to treat Bucky like shit. She was basically using him for money and looks."

"Bucky never caught on to any of this?" Sam asked.

"The man was seeing stars apparently," Clint voiced in for a second. "He might as well have been under a spell. He wouldn't listen to a thing we said. No warnings or nothing."

"So when did he start catching on?" Sam said curiously.

"Not until we were able to get a hold of Y/N and tell her what was going on," Steve sighed. "I still feel like we're the reason she stopped her travels," he said softer.

"Wait, Y/N stopped her living abroad escapades for Bucky?"

"Well, kinda. She was out for a little over for a year and a half. She came home before the second year because of personal reasons she said. But we all know that after we told her about what a bitch and horrible woman he was dating, how he wouldn't listen to any of us, and how he was taking a turn for the worse, she came to the rescue," Steve answered. "I'm not sure if that was the full reason, but it definitely played a part in her coming back."

"She dropped everything for Bucky?" Sam said, semi-shocked.

"I mean not immediately. She would have left a whole 2 months earlier if we couldn't convince her otherwise. He had and would do the same for her though."

"I see. So what happened when she came back?"

"Well, she tried finding a place to live. Bucky offered her a place, but Bonnie hated it. So when she refused, it was mainly because of Bonnie."

"So when did Y/N kick her ass? Cause that's the part of the story I need," Sam added.

Steve smiled at his friend. "So as we know Bonnie had a strong hate toward Y/N right away when she figured out how close her and Buck were. She was rude, mocked her, ruined practically everything for her, and well, basically bullied the ever loving shit out of her."

"Language Cap," Nat snickered, taking a sip of her drink.

Steve rolled his eyes before continuing. "At some point Buck picked up on how she treated Y/N. Y/N had tried warning him and telling him to open his eyes, but when he didn't, the two didn't talk for 2 and half months."

"Wait, I thought those two never got in fights," Sam stated.

"Two times in the history of knowing each other they have. This one being one."

"What about the other?" Sam pressed.

"Do you want me to ever finish this story or not?" Steve raised an eyebrow.

"Sorry. Go on," he gestured, getting a snicker out of Clint and Maria this time.

"So... when Bucky finally did snap out of his spell, he told Bonnie to move out and that they were over. The thought of losing Y/N as a friend was far worse than losing Bonnie."

"So Bonnie was a bitch ever since?" Sam said figuring he had the end of the story.

"Mmmm," Nat hummed as she sipped from her straw.

"Well..." Clint dragged out.

"Well?" Sam narrowed his eyebrows.

"After all that, Bucky and Y/N made up. Bucky came to her house and apologized for hours about what a horrible person he was for letting someone treat her and us like that without him doing anything. Y/N of course forgave him pretty quick, but the two still hit the bump in the road. It took some talking, but they were back to being friends in the end. Cut to a little later, Y/N finally moved in with Bucky and I since her apartment was demolished. We roomed for a little, and then just a few nights after I had moved out, Bonnie came back."

"Why? Did she forget her shampoo or something?" Sam quipped.

"No, more like she left her dignity. She definitely never got it back," Nat chuckled.

"She came back announcing that she was pregnant and it was Bucky's kid. It stunned Buck, but Y/N could tell something was up. Buck was scared for a bit thinking that he was a soon to be father with a woman he despised. He was nowhere near ready for that, and Bonnie was already ready to go to court and get as much money out of his as possible."

"That's when I enter the story," Nat spoke up. "Y/N had the feeling something wasn't adding up. So, she called me up asking for a favor, and given that it was Bucky, I didn't give it up. I figured out that she had cheated on Bucky during their relationship, and her and the other guy were pulling a stunt to practically rob Bucky."

"So, Y/N saved his ass twice?" Sam questioned.

"That was the first time this case. The second time, Bonnie came in unannounced when Bucky wasn't there. Y/N was on the couch minding her business when Bonnie was pounding on the door screaming all kinds of profanity at Y/N for exposing her. When Y/N opened it, Bonnie lunged at her drunk and angry. She got a few hits in before Y/N's reflexes kicked in, and Bonnie ended up in an ambulance with a broken nose and two black eyes."

"So that's why... Ok, I get it," Sam nodded. "So Bonnie is a lying and conniving bitch, who only wants money and trust issues from people. Bucky is an idiot who fell for that, and Y/N's a badass who is constantly cleaning up Bucky's messes."

"I'd say he hit it on the head," Nat tipped her glass to him.

"In the end, Bonnie moved out of state due to her 'business' as she says, and she's been quiet ever since. Until tonight," Steve rolled his eyes, flagging down a beer.

"We all know Y/N and Bucky are dating now, right? Or at least in a relationship of something?" Maria asked after a moment of silence.

"Yup."

"Clear as day."

"Absolutely."

Everyone answered except Steve.

"You guys-!" he started.

"Don't worry. We won't say anything until they do. Some light teasing wouldn't hurt here and there though," Nat winked.

Steve sent a look telling her not to if she could help it, but the crew couldn't be that nice.

"Bucky's back," Clint announced, grabbing everyone's attention to the door.

Bucky came in head hung semi-low, but mainly from just by being annoyed.

"We're going to head on home. Y/N doesn't want to stay around here, and honestly, neither do I." Bucky grabbed his jacket Maria handed to him and nodded in thanks.

"Don't blame you pal. I think we're going to call it a night too," Clint said.

"It is getting late," Maria nodded.

"You guys don't have to leave just because of us. Please, stay," Bucky reassured, feeling bad.

"Really Buck. We're done for the night. We don't want to stay here just as much as you guys," Nat smiled gently. "You and Y/N get home and get some sleep. Don't worry about us."

"Is that your way of hinting that you may be up to something, Romanoff?" Bucky said with a small side grin.

"Nothing illegal at least," she said with a grin.

"Right. Ok, well, you guys stay safe. Y/N wanted to say bye, but well, we'll see you guys around," Bucky nodded.

The group said their farewell and Bucky left.

"So how long do you think we have to keep up the charade of acting like we have no idea what's happening?" Clint asked, getting a chuckle from the group, but a swift punch in the arm from Steve.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

696K 12.6K 17
Can you really just be friends if you're having sex? Of course! While you're dealing with frustrations, you enlist your friend Bucky Barnes to help e...
110K 2.7K 15
~Renamed from Three's Company ****Don't read if you don't like Stucky smut**** Steve and Bucky have been friends for a long time, decades even. And t...
32.9K 1.1K 51
*read 'who could love a broken girl' first* *warning contains smut and mentions of violents* we continue where we left of. but it is far from a happ...
136K 4K 19
A Modern Bucky Barnes x OC Story **SMUTS** Luka has just finished her college degree and moved back to her hometown to live with her boyfriend. She...