Just Roommates

By justkending

These two college friends have had years to grow together. Each being the others support system, adventure bu... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two

Chapter Fifteen

3.8K 148 27
By justkending

Next thing you know the two were in sync as their lips melted into the other. Y/N's hands were on his chest bunching the white t-shirt fabric in her fist. Bucky's hands were intertwined in her hair pulling her head closer to his. As close as he could bring her to him.  The kiss went on for what felt like eternity, until they broke apart gasping for air and now it felt like it wasn't nearly long enough.

Y/N was big eyed looking at Bucky who was now grinning ear to ear at the scene that just played out.

"That-that-" she stuttered almost in a hoarse whisper from how passionate the kiss was.

"Was overdue." Bucky said, bringing his hand to her cheek now and moving a curl behind her ear.

Her worried smile turned from shocked to giddy. The open mouth turned to a toothy grin before she was pouncing into his lap and going in for a second kiss. Then a third, and a forth, and a... Well you know how to count...

____

But it was like then, it got real. Y/N pulled back quickly and placed her hands on Bucky's chest to keep him from following her. Though he still chased after her lips, never wanting to break apart from them now that he's had a taste.

"What? What's wrong?" he asked, feeling like he was high on her and not wanting to spare a second without her close to him.

She was beginning to move out of his lap, but he kept his hands gently on her hips. Showing she could escape if she wanted, but also showing that was the last thing he wanted.

"B, I-I don't want to do this to you-"

He froze, but cut her off. "Sure seems like you do," he mumbled, his eyes saddening a little. Did she regret it instantly, where he wished they had done this years prior?

"No, no. Bucky," she sighed,sitting closer taking back some of the distance. He was ok with that. "I do want to do this," she motioned between them. "I just don't- I don't want you to think that..." her words began to grow softer. Practically in a whisper now.

"Sugar," he said, bringing his hand back around her neck and straightening her head to where she was looking at him. In the low lighting he could see the worry in her eyes and her swollen lips from their kiss.

"I need you to know I'm not using you. I would never do that," she began spilling all her worries out as if it were word vomit. "You mean the world to me, and just last night, Thor and I ended things. So I don't want you to think I'm using you as a rebound. You are the last person in the world who should get treated like that, and I would feel like a complete ass if I did something like that to you. This isn't how I wanted to tell you about my feelings, and it's not fair to you that-"

"Y/N." He cut her off with his thumb brushing over her lips and making her snap her eyes back to him. "I know you would never do that to me. I know," he nodded with a small grin. Then his mind went back to what she said. "You had feelings for me?"

She scoffed and rolled her eyes. Her playful self coming back. "No, that's why I just kissed you like the world was ending."

His smile widened at that. There was his Sassy.

"How did you want to tell me?" he asked, moving his lips slowly to her neck. Making soft and subtle brushes with his lips along her skin and collar bone. She gasped at the touch and Bucky couldn't help the grin that formed because of it. He kept going though, knowing the effect it was having on her.

"I-I," she stuttered before taking in a deep breath. Bucky moved to the other side of her neck, moving up and down. Peppering her with gentle and loving kisses. "You k-keep that up and I won't be able to t-talk."

Bucky, laughed before pulling away some. She moved her hands through his hair, and he was sure he had turned into a puddle at the simple touch. God, everything she did. Every single brush of her skin on his made his skin light on fire and this was better than any drug the world had to offer.

"But B, we really should talk before anything else... Happens." she sighed, looking in his eyes as she combed back a piece of his longer hair behind his ear.

With most girls, Bucky would find some way to seduce them back to bed. Forget the talking thing.

But her?

He couldn't say no to that face. Then you add in having actual feelings toward this girl, his girl, and she could mold him like putty.

"Yeah, I guess we should," he nodded, wrapping his arms around her and pulling her closer. He moved to rest his forehead on hers and she let out a chuckle. "Do we have to move though?"

She laughed louder at that. "No, but can we lay down instead?" He looked up silently asking if they had to stop touching. Again she couldn't help but laugh at his puppy dog face. "I won't let go."

"Good," he answered before grabbing her hand and then moving up the bed. The two facing the other on their sides, but Bucky still having his arms around her waist pulling her front close to his. He had to see her face and touch her somehow, or he was sure death would overtake him.

"Buck. You're making this hard to do," she said with a little smile. He realized that he hadn't stopped caressing her skin. His hand on her hip was under the overalls and shirt rubbing circles with his thumb on her soft, so fucking soft, skin.

"Am I making it hard for you to concentrate?" he teased, scooting closer.

"You know you are, punk," she laughed as he began to tickle her. "B, stop! I'm trying to have a serious conversation with you," she giggled, squirming in his arms.

"Fine, fine," he relented after she started shoving him away between laughs. "Please continue."

After she gathered herself, she sat up so she could see him better. And if he decided to touch her anymore like he had, she couldn't end up mounting him and throwing her thoughts out the window.

Bucky moved to prop himself on his elbow as he watched her. His hands burning to touch her. He was already addicted to the feeling it invoked.

She took a deep breath before looking back at him.

"I've had feelings for you for a while," she said in one breath. "I'm not sure when they started, but when I look back at memories of us, I get a weird tingly feeling throughout my body."

Bucky sat up more. She was sitting on her knees and Bucky moved to sit criss-crossed.

"Does that scare you?" he asked gently, wanting to know the answer himself.

"I mean I think at first. Especially since in my head the number one rule is to NOT date your best friend because if something were to happen..." She cut herself off not wanting to complete the sentence. "I mean if the feelings aren't reciprocated, then all hell breaks loose and I could lose you, and-"

"I don't know if you've caught on yet, but the feelings are mutual Y/N," he chuckled, scooting an inch closer. She looked up through her eyelashes at him. The look of worry and nerves were still there. "Y/N, listen," he said, immediately going to grab her hands in his. A soft caress of his thumb as he talked, helped keep her calm. "I was the same way. One day, you're one of my absolute best friends, and the next there was a whole different kind of light in the world. I think the day it all processed for me was the day that I ran into the bathroom hiding from the girl, and you were just out of the shower."

"James Buchanan Barnes, if you say you start falling for me because I was mainly naked and getting out of a shower-!" she pulled back laughing, but also getting semi-defensive, but Bucky pulled her back in.

"No!" he laughed with her. "That didn't even process until right before you kicked me out." He wiggled his eyebrows and she playfully shoved his chest with another roll of her eyes. "You can't call me by my full name, roll your eyes, and be wearing those damn overalls at the same time. I'm barely functioning as it is," he said, pulling slightly on the strap of the denim outfit. "And I need to get this out in the open before you make me melt any further."

"My overalls? Really?" she said shocked at the turn on, and looking down at her attire.

"Hell yeah. Sexy and cute all rolled into one," he said, eyeing her and now biting his lip thinking of how fun it would be to slide those off and... "Stop distracting me! I'm trying to share my feelings!" he pouted.

"Right, sorry, sorry," she giggled, covering her mouth and then clearing her throat to try and be more serious.

"No. It wasn't the fact you were wearing nothing under that towel. Not that that wasn't nice or anything..." She sent him an eye. "Anyway!" he chuckled nervously before continuing. "It was the fact you saved my ass even though you didn't support my decision." She cocked her head to the side confused at what he was talking about. "I know you hated me having girls over all the time. It had to be annoying, loud, and well... just obnoxious. So when I came running in and instead of yelling at me for being an annoying roommate-"

"I did yell at you for that."

"But we both know you didn't mean it, Sugar," he winked. "You helped me out of the situation, and I think that was the starting point. Of course the Steve impersonation reminded me of how much I love your dorkiness too, so that played a part as well." She rolled her eyes again, and this time Bucky took it in instead of pointing it out. "In the end though... I started to think more about you. About how you really are this amazing, beautiful, and generous person with the biggest heart I know. Because of that, I've always been drawn to you. First as a best friend, and not long after as something more..." The nerves were starting to come out more now. This was the more serious end of the talk stuff. Not the laughing goofy stuff.

"So it's been longer than that?" she asked quietly.

"Apparently our whole friend group saw it before either of us did."

"Oh God. Nat would not shut up at the club!" she groaned falling back into the bed. Bucky laughed and propped down by her on his elbow again, looking down on her to admire her beauty. "I tell you, that woman picks up on everything."

"She is a spy in a sense..." Bucky thought outloud.

"True."

"What was that about the night at the club though?" Bucky said with a raised eyebrow and that crooked grin.

"Oh, right," Y/N chuckled nervously. "I uh, I was worried about you then. You were acting kinda weird after our movie night, and you said that you were stressed. I was worried I did something wrong and I kept an eye on you all night. Nat picked up on that quickly. Same night you got plastered."

"Right..." he sighed, running a hand through his hair. "Well, rest assure I wasn't upset with you. That would actually be the night I came to terms with my feelings for you, and may or may not have been drinking to try and move on."

"You drank enough to get a whole frat house wasted."

"Yeah, well, you were flirting with Thor and dancing all kinds of ways on the dance floor that made it really hard for me to try and move on," Bucky shrugged. "Plus, I don't know if you remember, but you looked extremely hot that night."

"That would explain all the compliments and touchy feely stuff you were going on about that night," she nodded thinking back to it.

"Yeah..." he dragged out.

The two sat there thinking of all the past things that had happened recently, and how their feelings were clear as day in all those moments, yet they were completely blind to it all.

"Y/N," Bucky spoke up being the first to come back to reality. "I really do like you. And I don't want to mess this up."

Y/N turned to him moving closer and slowly and gently running a hand through his hair.

"Then let's not mess it up," she stated with a smile.

"I need you to know sweetheart," he reached over grabbing her hands and bringing them to his chest. "This is very real for me. I've only ever had these kinds of emotions one time before, and that person ruined these kinds of things for me," he said solemnly.

"I know, B. I know," she said squeezing his hand some. "You know I would never do anything to hurt you though."

"I know, and that's why I'm all in," he nodded.

"All in?" she said with a small grin.

"If you're ok with it. Of course, even if you're not, I've been kinda all in for a while now... Whether I knew it or not."

She grinned wider at that. "I'm all in too, Buck. But because of that..."

"What?" he said getting nervous at the look on her face.

"I don't want to go too fast..." she paused looking at him. "It's just that, what if we go too fast and then things escalate and we-"

"We can take it at whatever speed you want," he said, pulling her into his chest. "I have you to go through this with me now, and I just care that we stick together through it."

"You're ok with that? Going slow?"

"Like I said Y/n/n, this is nothing like what I've felt for anyone else. I'll make anything work for you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

296K 8.9K 33
Weddings where never really your scene, you didn't enjoy socialising with people and small talk made you uncomfortable. But then something happened...
160K 4.3K 27
Y/N has always been seen as "Steve's rambunctious sister." However, she grew up, graduated, and moved to London to study abroad for 4 years and get h...
160K 5.6K 55
"A gift." One guard says to someone else in the room as he leaves. I groan in pain and scrunch myself into a ball, squeezing my eyes shut. Seconds l...
164K 6.2K 28
Lux Brumalis: "The light of winter"/"Winter's light." After defeating the Flag Smashers and conquering his inner demons, Bucky is trying to live a q...