Pied Piper: Book 2 of the Myt...

By OT7oramI

What happens when your soulmate is a siren? UPDATES EVERY MONDAY! More

Chapter 1: "Only time would tell."
Chapter 2: "... knowing that they would be alright."
Chapter 3: I have a soulmate!
Chapter 5: "... bringing me one step closer to my beautiful soulmate."
Chapter 6: "I didn't know the answers to any of them."
Chapter 7: "Eternal love and a family."
Chapter 8: "She was mine and I wanted her."
Chapter 9: "Hopefully she could love me."
Chapter 10: "... our souls calling for each other."
Chapter 11: "... two can play your game Bubbles."
Chapter 12: "... I was in deep."
Chapter 13: "... filling my life with color and sound."
Chapter 14: "And I wanted her now more than ever."
Chapter 15: "... I was falling in love with her."
Chapter 16: "I could be patient..."
Chapter 17: "I let myself get lost in her eyes."
Chapter 18: "...hopefully she would trust me, want me, love me."
Chapter 19: "Soon my sweet soulmate. Soon."
Chapter 20: "I could only hope that she would feel the same."
Chapter 21: "... and I'm your soulmate."
Chapter 22: "... right where I wanted to be."
Chapter 23: "... how much I wanted that every single day."
Chapter 24: "I just needed to make things right."
Chapter 25: "This is it right here."

Chapter 4: "Now I just had to figure out how to make her mine."

1.4K 103 4
By OT7oramI

Y/N POV:

As the ship made its way across the ocean, I spent my time going between watches on the quarterdeck, sleeping, answering emails from home and scanning through the book I received in the mail.

After my watch earlier in the day, I had snagged a salad from the mess hall then went back to my quarters.

The book was the most beautiful and well-written book I had ever seen in my life. I had always had a fascination with mythical beings so the book was something I immensely enjoyed. The illustrations were captivating and I kept getting drawn to the one of the ship against the rocks. It was in the section on sirens, one of the beings I wasn't really familiar with. As I read through the section, the descriptions were startling. The idea that they were these evil tempters that would draw people deliberately to their deaths scared the hell out of me.

I picked up the piece of paper that was folded inside. Unfolding it, my mind focused on the symbols. They were definitely not familiar and I didn't know what they were or what they meant. I fingered the edge of the paper, feeling the unfamiliar texture, very unlike the paper I was used to today. The ink seemed to be old too, probably as old as the book itself.

Sighing, I folded the paper and put it back in the book. I had emailed Oliver the day before asking if he had sent it and he had denied it, so I really had no idea who would send me such an expensive book. I set the book aside then changed out of my uniform and into a comfortable pair of sweats.

I laid back in my rack, thinking of the images in the books, so beautiful and unlike anything I had ever seen before. As I dozed off, I fell into an enchanting dream. I was in an old looking house, seated next to a pretty girl. She was laughing at something a silver haired man said, but I couldn't make out what they were discussing.

The girl turned to me, asking me how I was feeling about everything. I shook my head indicating I didn't understand what she was referring to. The girl patted my hand, reassuring me that everything would be okay.

The door behind me opened and I heard a voice, the most captivating voice I had ever had the privilege to hear. I couldn't make out what he was saying and all I understood was my name. He had come over to me, placing his hands on my shoulder and leaning down to kiss my cheek and whisper in my ear. As I turned to see his face, I was jolted awake by my alarm clock, blaring in my ear.

I sat up straight, wiping the remaining sleep from my eyes, still caught up in what I had dreamed about. The voice that had whispered in my ear had caused a flame of arousal to build up, without even seeing his face. Although I wanted to sink back into the dream and see the owner of that melodious voice, I forced myself to get up. I grabbed my shower supplies and headed towards the showers, hoping they would be empty. As one of five female officers on the ship, we were lucky to have the head to ourselves.

The other female officers were kind and polite, but I was not in the mood to socialize this morning. I wanted to keep the memory of that voice in my head a little bit longer. When I arrived to the showers, they were blessedly empty, allowing me the quiet I craved. I quickly showered, cursing the weak water pressure then slipped on uniform. It was definitely one of the things I had missed about home. The condo I leased had a huge glass brick encased walk in shower and the pressure that came from the showerhead was heavenly. The water pressure on the ship was a far cry from that little luxury.

I pulled my hair back into a bun then applied a translucent powder and a touch of mascara. I didn't bother with too much makeup, but the powder helped to hide the shininess of my skin and the mascara darkened my light lashes. I slicked on a tinted lip balm and was ready to go. I grabbed my laundry bag, stuffing my dirty clothes and wet towel in it then zipped it shut. As I made my way back to my quarters, I dropped my clothes off in the laundry even though someone usually came around to pick up the bags. Since I was down here anyways, I figured I might as well just get it done.

After dropping off my laundry, I headed to the mess hall to grab a cup of coffee before my watch began. Felix was standing by the machine, refilling it when I approached. "Got some fresh coffee for you ma'am," he said, giving me a bright smile. He grabbed a cup and filled it for me, adding extra cream and sugar just the way I like it.

I took a sip, the sweet taste immediately helping me to wake up further, something the weak water pressure hadn't been able to do. "Thanks," I replied.

"Want some breakfast?" Felix asked. "I can make you something special."

Touched by his sweet offer, I shook y head. "Thanks for the offer, but I got to observe a navigational drill this morning," I replied. "Lucky for me, my watch begins 4 hours later than normal. 8 today instead of 12."

Felix nodded his head in understanding. "If there is something you want for lunch this afternoon, send JungMin down and I'll make it for you," he insisted.

I shook my head again. "I appreciate it, but I'll be alright," I said. I picked up my coffee cup and turned to go, not missing the concerned look in Felix's eyes. He was too much of a worrier sometimes, always concerned about whether or not I was eating enough, drinking enough water, cutting back on all the caffeine I drank.

Making my way back to my quarters, I finished my coffee, dropping the empty paper cup into a trashcan in the passageway. Once I reached my quarters, I picked up the book, unable to keep away from it. There was a strange pull to it that I couldn't explain. I gave myself a mental shake to clear my head before heading back to the plane hanger, to prepare for the navigational observation. The hangar door was open on the starboard side, letting the warm sea breeze wash through the hanger. I was close enough to the edge to feel the chilly sea spray being kicked up by the movement of the ship through the water.

I took a step back as the arresting gear loosened, releasing the jet currently being held in place. Although the arresting gear was safe enough to be around, I moved away just in case. As I took another step back, my foot landed on nothing but air and before I knew it, I was plummeting into the icy ocean before.

Jungkook:

I had just left the university with Jimin's soulmate. I had apologized over and over again for the trouble I had caused and the horrible assumption I had made. Both Jimin and his sweet soulmate had forgiven me for the grave error and it was much more than in deserved. The guilt was still overwhelming me and I couldn't believe I had acted so rashly. I should have known by the look of sheer panic on Jimin's face at the thought of losing her that he would never betray the woman he loved so much.

As soon as we left the university, I gripped her close, disappearing from the university and reappearing at home. As we approached the house, I could feel a strange calling. It was almost as thought someone were calling my name, begging me to save someone. I disappeared from the house and appeared on the edge of a cliff, my heart and mind racing with the thoughts currently running through my head.

As I stood at the edge of the sea on the cliff, I couldn't explain the calling I felt. Something was calling me out into the cold open ocean. Looking around to see if there were any nosy humans, I dove off the edge of the cliff, my clothing disappearing thanks to the bracelet my mom had given me before she passed away all those years ago.

I could feel my tail form, replacing my legs. For the first time in years, I took a deep breath my lungs feeling with the salty sea, before gills on my neck took over, allowing me to breathe normally underwater. I felt the pull of my soulmate bond, calling me to her. I had no idea where I was headed, but I instantly knew there was something wrong. I raced through the water, moving faster than I ever had before.

The pull of my soulmate was so unbearably strong that I knew she must be close. I had no idea how far I had traveled but I knew that I was near her. All of a sudden, I saw a flash of a light blue and knew instantly my soulmate was in trouble. She was floundering under the water, struggling to prevent herself from sinking further, the heaviness of her clothes preventing her from pushing herself to the surface. I swam in front of her and noticed the look of panic in her eyes. I reached out a hand to her, setting it on her shoulder then pressed my lips to hers, forcing in a mouthful of much needed oxygen. Her eyes widened in surprise, but then her panic sank in and she gripped onto my shoulders, holding me tightly.

From above us, I could hear shouting and an alarm, knowing in an instant that they must be looking for her. I pulled back, gently releasing her, before dragging her to the surface. I pushed her above the surface of the water, being careful not to let myself be seen. As I surfaced carefully, I could see a large grey ship nearby and knew that this must be where she came from.

On the deck of the ship, there were several man, shouting and pointing. Lower down on the ship, there was an open bay, with a ledge that hung out over the water. There were three men standing there and one of them tossed something into the water. As it landed, I could see it was a large plastic life ring attached to a rope. My soulmate reached for it then turned as though she was looking for me. Her eyes filled with confusion before she shook her head as though to clear it.

The white ring was pulled towards the ship taking my soulmate with it and I dove further into the water, making sure I was not seen. I knew I was no longer needed here, but my soul was filled with light with the connection we had made. I knew I would need to see her again soon, but I didn't know how. I didn't know where she was from or where she was going, but I could guess by the flag on her ship.

As I made my way home, I couldn't get the image of her out of my mind. Even though it had been merely a method of saving her life, the feel of her lips on mine was incredible and not something I would soon forget. Now I just had to figure out how to make her mine.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

499K 25.5K 41
It's nearly easy as breathing (for six of them, at least) for BTS to pretend to be just like everyone else - humans with big dreams and aspirations...
565K 31.3K 47
"Taehyung, you can't touch that girl!" Tae cocked his head to the side, studying your adamant figure, that was blocking him from the sleeping girl. "...
59.6K 3K 24
Namjoons is a Vampire on his hunt for his next pray, what happens when he find his perfect pray and suddenly he doesn't want to let go? 2.8 2020 -
58.1K 2.2K 9
In a world of soulmates, how do you find yours? A simple touch of hands. What happens when your soulmates are the biggest band in the world? Short S...