You, Me and Ours

By ThatGirlNC

All it takes is one night for your life to change. A man, a woman and a vibe will lead to something more than... More

CHARACTERS
A night to remember
Positive+
The Guys
Life Line
Studio Sessions
Restaurant Surprises
Reality Check-Up
Dinner Chronicles
Album Release
Brooklyn Bridge
Attitude Check
Baby Father
Character Homes Part 1:
Character's Homes Part 2:
Flutters
Celebrating Papa
Past meets present
Photoshoots✨
Claimed
Oh Baby❓
LA
Additional Characters✨
Atlanta, GA
LA Nights✨
The Black's Baby Shower
Blast of the Past💥
Thanksgiving🦃
L.A👼🏾
Unc Unc😝
🎄❤️
Refinery Rooftop🏙
NYE🍾✨
Miami, FL🌴
Update🌝
Back At It💫
Hookah Longe💨
Lover's Day❤️‍🔥
Come Back💔
Juicy Crab🦀
A/N😅
Domino Effect⚡️
Book 2🥰

Anger Issues

1.9K 91 46
By ThatGirlNC

"So, Mr Black after signing the contact you will officially be part of the How to Get Away with Murder cast" the director lets my agency and I know as we sit in a meeting; "Where will we be shooting the series?" I ask thinking of Amara and the baby. "Filming will begin in Los Angeles three weeks from now" he replies making me let out a long sigh knowing that my decision will definitely affect Amara.

"Can I get back to you tomorrow? I have to discuss this through with my family" I suggest. "No problem Mr Black, we look forward to receiving positive feedback from your camp tomorrow" the director says as we all shake hands before they exit the room leaving me alone with my agent. "I know you're thinking about your baby but just talk to Amara I'm sure she will be open to the idea" my agent, Kyle, reassures me before I dap him up and leave his office.

I drive towards Easton's studio whilst listening to The Goat Album by Polo G, "Dysfunctional, I can't show affection, might bug out for no reason" I sing along to Be Something thinking about all of the possible ways Amara could react to the news. "What's good crip?" East says as I walk into his session everyone before dapping him up; "Nothing cuz, how you doing?" I ask him as I take a puff of the blunt that has been offered to me.

"I'm good bro, why looking like that?" East asks as we both lean back in our chairs as Mike continues to create beats in the background, "I got an offer to join the How to Get Away with Murder cast" I reply handing him the blunt. Extending his hand towards me he daps me up "Congrats my boy but I don't get why you're upset about that" he says as we looks at me confused; "It's cause we film in LA" I let him know as he nods his head in understanding before patting my shoulder as a sign of understanding.

This shit is more than entertainment

My daughter got me changin' keep my lawyer on retainer

Nobody knew my name I was performin' like I'm famous

  So far from the top but I still saw it from the basement

The shit I spoke about is embedded you can't erase it

I never drove a foreign before but I just wanted to race it

How you plan to hit the next level? Don't know the basics

East took off the headphones after this verse before walking out of the booth, "That was fire cuzz" I say whilst hyping him up as he walks towards us, "Thanks bro, Mike we're going to get some food then go chill with our girls" he says as we walk out of the studio. We pull up to the seafood place collecting the food we had already ordered before heading over to House of Jade.

"How's my princess?" I ask him causing him to shake his head with a chuckle "That lil girl something else, her attitude be getting me tight but you know I can't lay a hand on her" he says. I laugh looking at him "Clearly she's her father's daughter I mean you're not pleasant" I tell him watching as he smacks his teeth before flipping me off causing me to burst out laughing. Stopping by the traffic lights, he runs his hands down his face "I gotta pick her up tomorrow and I'm not excited to talk to her mama cause she stay tripping now that she knows I'm with Mia" he says as I shake my head; "Damn bro that's crazy" I reply as he parks the car.

"Baby mother" I shout as I look over her outfit whilst licking my lips before our eyes lock, "Reign stop looking at me like that" she whines walking away from me heading towards her office as I follow looking at her ass. Placing the food on her table, a smile spreads across her face as she reads the packaging "Aww Reigny you bought me Juicy Crab?" she squeals running towards me with his arms open before wrapping her arms around me as far as they can go.

"Hey mama, you and baby good?" I ask as I run my hands up and down her back before smacking her ass as she moves away from me, "Stop that shit hurts damn, my baby and I are fine" she says whilst taking out her food and sitting down. Once we finish our food, Zo walks into the office to ask Amara when she wants to get her hair done; "I'm not sure when the promotion is supposed to be up so I'll let you know" she replies as he walks back out of the room.

I clear my throat before turning towards Amara as she raises her eyebrows looking at me, "So I have something to talk to you about" I let her know causing her to put down her phone and nodding for me to continue. "Today I had a meeting with my agent and I got an offer to be part of the How to Get Away with Murder cast" I say watching as a big smile spreads across her face; leaning over she pulls me into a hug.

"I'm so happy for you Reigny" she replies. I take a deep breath getting to the part that I was dreading, "I film in LA Amara" I whisper noticing the way her body stills in my arms letting me know that she heard what I said before moving out of my embrace and looking up at me. I search her face for any emotions and all I'm met with is sadness; with a weak smile she looks up at me "It's okay Reign, take the job" she says softly making the feeling I've been trying to supress come to the surface.

"Go out with me tonight" I announce as she lays her head on my chest whilst I rub her belly feeling my baby kick making me smile; "Okay, where we going?" she asks knowing damn well I wasn't going to tell her. Chuckling, I ignore her making her smack her lips at me before a knock sounds at the door "Come in" she shouts trying to get out of my embrace making me frown pulling her back towards me.

"Hey y'all oop why's Reign frowning like that" Mia asks walking with East damn near in her skin. "You're friend tryna get outta my arms like she wasn't just chilling" I say frowning causing them both to laugh as East chuckles; "Amara got my bro all needy and shit" East says making me flip him off. "Don't do my baby father like you don't stay under Mia" Amara says defending me as I smirk at East who frowns moving slightly away from Mia who just shakes her head laughing lowly.

"Mia you have to come get the gender envelope tomorrow at the doctor's appointment" Amara says causing her to let out a squeal whilst clapping her hands, "Ooo I'm so excited cause we've almost finished planning for the gender reveal" Mia lets us know. "I can't wait to see Amara's face when it's confirmed that I'm having my nephew" East says as Amara rolls her eyes before flicking him off whilst Mia and I share a look both knowing how Amara feels about getting a daughter.

"For your sake, I hope we're having a girl cause I know that's what you want baby mother" I say smiling down at her as she jabs me with her shoulder before slowly standing up and going to her desk, "Y'all can get out now, I gotta work" she says with an attitude making us all laugh. Mia drags East out after saying their goodbyes as I walk towards Amara before turning her chair to face me.

"Be ready at 1900 I'm serious" I say with a straight face knowing that she will definitely not be ready so I'll have to set our reservations for 30-45 minutes later. "Okay, okay dang" she says with a smile as I lean down to kiss her belly before looking directly at her studying her face, there's no reason why someone should be this beautiful, "Bye beautiful" I whisper before kissing her forehead and walking out.

Before going home I stop by my parents house to talk to my brother, "Honey I'm home" I shout as I walk into the house heading towards the kitchen knowing my mom is most likely in there; "Girl don't do all that shouting in my house" my mom says as soon as I walk in. "Hey mommy" I say in a sweet voice as she turns around opening my arms and pulling me into a hug, "Hey baby, you look so cute today" she tells me whilst rubbing my belly.

"Thanks mommy is Jay here?" I ask as I grab an apple from the fruit basket, "Yeah he's here, your daddy grounded him so he ain't been going nowhere" my mom tells me. Nodding I walk out of the kitchen heading towards his room after talking to my mom for a little bit, knocking on the door I hear him allow me to enter into his room "Hey Jay" I say as I smile at him.

Standing up from the bed he towers over me before pulling me into a hug, "Hey Mara, how's you and my neph?" he asks with a smirk knowing how I feel about this whole baby boy thing. "Don't start that shit, I already have to deal with Mia and them saying that, my baby is a girl and that's that on that" I say with an attitude making him push my head back before I take a seat on his desk chair; "I know you know how I'm moving but I don't need you in here tryna baby my ass, I'm grown Mara let me make my own mistakes" he says in a cold voice.

Frowning after jerking my head back shocked that Jayden would even talk to me like that, "First off fix your tone cause you're clearly bugging. You know how I feel about all that gang shit Jay, it's dangerous and I don't even know why you're doing it cause I know daddy gives you a good allowance" I reply matching his energy.

I watch as he falls back on his bed before running his hands down his face "I'm already in too deep Mara, I've been doing this shit since I was 14 cause I wanted to get it out the mud" he tells me causing me to frown "Bro you don't need to get it out the mud like daddy has worked hard so neither of us had to go through this" I argue. Sighing out loud, I try to calm myself down "We're all just tryna look out for you Jay, I don't want you to get caught up then next thing you're six feet under" I say more calmly watching as he rolled his eyes making me slightly pissed off "That's not gonna happen, I'm not stupid Amara" he retorts.

The way he was acting about the situation made me angrier "Well for someone who isn't stupid, you definitely make stupid choices" I tell him before he sits up looking at me directly with anger behind his eyes. "This is coming from the same person who got pregnant by a guy she didn't even know, instead of worrying about me, worry about closing your legs" he shouts now towering over me as I quickly stand up before slapping him right across the face as tears fill my eyes.

Quickly realising what he had said to me I watch as regret fills his eyes as he tries to move closer to me "Mara I'm --" I lift up my hand to stop him before clearing my throat as the tears stream down my face "I love you Jay; I really do but I'm done tryna help you. I just hope for the sake of the people who love you, you get out before they kill you." With that I walk out of the room with him hot on my heels apologising repeatedly before we bump into my dad in the foyer immediately seeing the tears in my eyes before looking at Jay with a cold stare; "What the hell did you do Jayden?" he shouts causing Jay to cower as I walk out the door just as my mom walks in.

Unlocking my door, I hear my phone ring knowing that it's most likely either my mom or dad I ignore it heading to my room before stripping down and throwing on a baggy t-shirt. I groan as my phone rings again as I enter my blankets before putting it on DND as I let my mind wonder not wanting to believe that my beloved little brother had just said that to me.

Jayden has always had a temper but never had he gone off on me like that, maybe it's the pregnancy hormones adding on to my emotions but I was genuinely hurt. Lying in my bed, tears roll down my cheeks as his words replay in my mind before I'm engulfed in darkness falling asleep to escape my emotions. "Bestie" a faint voice whispers as the person gently shakes me effectively waking me up as I look up to see Mia smiling down at me gently.

"Come one, I got you some snacks" she says holding up sour patch kids that I've been craving. Sitting up I feel my emotions come back to the surface as I let out a small whimper before I start crying causing Mia to wrap her arms around me, "Let it out baby, I'm right here for you" she says rubbing my back.

After crying with my best friend, I felt better before she forces me to take a shower to freshen up in order to get the candy, she brought for me like bitch didn't you just say it was mine. Walking into the living room I find Mia chilling on my couch "Bitch did you bring me food?" I ask her as I the faint scent of steak lingers in the room; "No, I did" a deep voice says from behind me making me turn around to find Reign holding flowers with a cheesy smile on his face.

He fake gasps clutching his chest, "Don't tell me you forgot about our date baby mother" he announces making me throw my head back swearing softly as the alarm on my front door goes off letting me know that Mia left; "Im so sorry Reign it's just that— "I begin to explain. Walking towards me he makes me face him, "Don't worry baby mother, I know what happened and it took everything in me to not go over and fight Jayden myself" he says softly rubbing my cheek before placing a kiss on my forehead.

Turning around to grab the flowers from the couch, he does a slight curtsy making me chuckle before I take the flowers after thanking him; "Since we couldn't go to the restaurant, I brought it to us" he says he leads me into the kitchen where a man is preparing our food. "Mia meet Steve one of my favourite Chef's from our favourite restaurant" he says making me look up at him in shock before greeting the chef as he takes me outside where there's a small intimate dinner table waiting for us.

I wrap my arms around him, slightly teary-eyed at the fact that he would go the extra mile knowing I wouldn't want to leave the house, "Thank you Reign, I mean it" I say looking up at him as he smiles down at me. Wiping away a stray tear rolling down my face, he looks at me "You don't have to thank me Amara, I wanted to do this for you" he says before pulling out my chair as we sit down right as Chef Steve brings our meal. As we enjoy our meal, Ashanti lowly plays on the speakers making me slightly smile realising how much effort Reign put into this last minute at-home date, it definitely had to be Mia who told him how much I loved her music.

It kinda sick how I'm stuck on you

But I don't care cause I'm needing you

And how I feel will remain the same

Cause you're my baby

We ended up going into the house due to the cold, now we were chilling on my couch eating the chocolate mousse that was made by Chef Steve who had already left; "I'm gonna stop coming here cause you stay making me watch this shit" he complains about Love and Hip-Hop Atlanta. I roll my eyes remembering the day he accidentally told me about what was going on in the recent episodes, "Boy you know you be binging this show on the low" I say with a chuckle.

I watch as he scoffs before glaring at me, "I already told you I saw that episode cause I had nothing else to watch" making me laugh before nodding my head not believing him just as a cushion is thrown at me. "Don't be salty with me boo" I say before taking my bowl to the kitchen and grabbing a bottle of water as Reign also brings his empty bowl and places it in the sink.

He slowly walks towards me as I lean on the counter drinking my water, "I don't usually do things like this, I mean I've only had one girlfriend and you already know how that ended. You make me feel something I haven't felt in a long time and I don't know how to feel about it Amara" he confesses as he stands directly in front of me.

Leaning down still maintaining eye contact, he places his hand on either side of me "I want a relationship with you Amara, we can take things slowly" he whispers as his eyes move between my eyes and lips; I nod in response as the energy of this moment awakens something in me. Chuckling he shakes his head moving closer to me which just heightens my arousal as his cologne plagues my senses; "Okay" I say softly which seems to be enough for him as he painstakingly moves closer to me still maintaining eye contact.

He slowly studies my face as my eyes flutter close just as our lips meet throwing me into a frenzy as the coldness of my lips and mouth meets his warm ones creating a sharp contrast that has me clenching my lips. His hand slowly finds my waist as the other one trails up my body before loosely wrapping around my neck as he lightly tightens his grasp making me groan into his mouth.

Feeling him smirk, I detach our lips to catch my breath just as his lips attach to my neck before sucking on it as a heartbeat finds its way to my aching bud; a low moan leaves lips causing Reign to stop his assault before pecking my now pouted lips "We said we were taking things slow" he says with a chuckle.  

                 ☀️ Next Morning☀️

Mia, Reign and I sit in the doctor's waiting room after filling in the form, Reign's hand stays on my thigh as he types away on his phone; "So we're just gonna act like Reign groping you and the fat ass hickey on your neck are normal?" Mia whispers to me. My hand immediately goes to my neck as I try to remember if I ended up concealing all of them right when Reign had come to pick me up, "Mia we'll talk about it later" I reply quietly making her smirk before dropping the subject.

"Hello Amara and Reign, it's nice to you" Dr Beth says before hugging Mia who greeted her former doctor, "How's baby Yosohn?" she asks making us all laugh; "He ain't a baby no more, fat man is grown" Reign answers causing Mia to scowl at him. "Don't do my baby Reign and he's fine Doc" she tells Doc Beth takes my vitals before jotting them down, "That's good, okay mommy-to-be all your vitals are good, you're within the appropriate weight range for the five to six-month mark. So now that you've reached 25 weeks, we'll start having appointments every two weeks" she lets me know as I lay down on the examination table.

"Okay now time for the ultrasound" she says as she squeezes the blue gel onto my belly before moving the machine around just as a heartbeat sounds through the room and a little body appears on the screen causing me to smile and Reign to kiss my forehead. This experience will always be something that fascinates me, I mean a whole human being is growing within me daily because of how magical my body is, women are truly badass.

"Okay so I'm going to block your view so I can show Mia the gender" Doc Beth says making Mia do a happy dance before moving closer to the screen and screaming "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, my godbaby" she says as her voice cracks making me know she's getting emotional. "Don't cry Mia, okay let's let mommy and daddy see their baby" Doc Beth says as Mia wipes her eyes before smiling at us just as our little baby came back on the screen.

"Damn now I also wanna know what we having" Reign says with a slight frown on his face making us all laugh; "Nah you'll find out on the weekend at the gender party cause I worked hard on that shit" Mia says with a slight attitude.

      📸I N S T A G R A M    P O S T S:

A/N:
Thank you for the 2.76K reads🥰
I truly appreciate it♥️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23 0 1
In the heart of a bustling city, amidst the whirlwind of second chances and simmering revenge, lies the story of Reign Noelle Wales, a woman with an...
1.3K 49 13
Harper Jones: A normal girl who just wants a normal high school life to the point that she moves from Georgia to Virginia to get that experience. Unf...
913K 48.4K 53
When Jason and Darrelle make a bet involving Darrell's dating life, he thought it would be easy since women were usually his strong suit. What he did...
12.4K 460 20
Nieyell Ivory Reese is a beautiful, dark skin, plus sized woman who doesn't take shit from men. When she returned home from college, she didn't expec...