f4ls (Completed)

By sidneet_xoxo

this is a story of 14 friends who never got separated even in their toughest times...or should I say they had... More

female leads
male leads
villains 😈😈
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
not an update
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
thankss
chapter 9
important
chapter 10
thanks u alottttttttttt
thanksss again πŸ˜‚β€
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
THANKSS
chapter 14
my books
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
a/n
important
chapter 19
read for humanity
spy
lovey-dovey
sorry

epilouge

1.4K 69 33
By sidneet_xoxo

AVU's POV
Today is anya ma'am and shantanu sir's marriage. So we all girls got ready in my room and then went to see anya ma'am.

A

aktiti 👆🏻👆🏻

Anya ma'am
Aakriti: oh La LA!  Sir is gonna be flat!
Anya blushes.
She goes and sits on Mandap.
Priest started chanting mantras
After all the mantras they had feras and after that priest said "vivah sampan hua"
It was like music to ears of shanya
They all did a grp hug.
And shanya lived happily

After 7 years.
All were married except sidneet. Today sid was gonna propose avu for marriage. He has already got permission by her parents.
He invited avu to a beautiful place

Avu's POV
Sid bought me to a beautiful place full of flowers.
Then next what I saw shocked me to hell.

I turned to find sid kneeled down
Sid: I can't imagine growing old with anyone else, nor do I want to.I know you're the only one I want to share the rest of my life with.The story of our love is only beginning. Let's write our own happy ending.here are many ways to be happy in this life, but all I really need is you.When I look into your eyes, I can see a reflection of the two of us and the life I hope we'll share together.know my life will never be complete without you beside me to share it.When I look into my heart, I see only you. If you can look into your heart and only see me, then we should spend the rest of our lives together. So ms: avneet kaur will u be Mrs.avneet siddharth nigam?.
Avneet: a thousand times yess!
They both hugged each other .
After 2 months.
Now I will be writing all Punjabi rituals

Roka and Thaka

This ritual is the first in a long list of rituals. In the first instance called Roka or Rokna, the family of the bride visits the family home of the groom with a lot of gifts. The bride is usually not present that day.

This visit is then reciprocated by the groom’s family and they visit the house of the bride. They bring a lot of gifts like dry fruits, sweets and savories, jewelries, money, et al. The couple is considered to be officially engaged and they are made to sit together and showered with gifts called shagun or sagan. They are also fed laddu. This return ceremony is known as Thaka.

This ceremony has always been a low-key affair and was originally treated as the date on which the two families decided to establish a relationship and fix the date of the wedding.  But nowadays, Roka and Thaka are not organized separately. Depending on the convenience of both the families and availability of the key members from both sides, one ceremony is jointly organized.

This ritual usually begins with a small puja or prayer called ardaas to ask for the blessings of God in order to secure his blessings and complete support and consecrate the beginning of the journey.

First avneet's family went to Sid's family with lot of gifts reciprocated by sid's family.

Chunni Ceremony

Chunni ceremony marks the official engagement of the to-be-weds. Usually the family members of the groom visit the family of the bride with gifts. A red colored outfit like a sari or a lehenga-choli is gifted to the bride. She is also gifted a head scarf called chunni.

The family members of the groom also bring jewelries like bangles for the bride and also traditional sweets like meva, michri, fruits and mehendi (henna), a kind of dye to be applied on the hands and feet of the bride. These are considered to be gifts to the bride coming from the mother of the groom as a token of recognition of her as the fiancée of the groom.

The dupatta or the head scarf is placed on the head of the bride and her face is covered using it as a veil. This ceremony is called chunni chadana. Then her hands are dyed with mehendi and also the bangles are slipped onto her wrists.

The father of the groom puts meva into the “jholi” or bag of the bride and the parents of the groom also give her a date fruit to eat.

Some Punjabi Hindu families ask the groom to put vermilion mark on the forehead or hair parting of the bride.

Sagaai or Engagement

Often on the same day as the chunni chadhai ceremony, sagaai or engagement ceremony takes place. The bride and the groom exchange rings surrounded by their close friends and family members, thus officially getting accepted to the opposite family. Unlike western weddings, no marriage vows or vows of love are exchanged. Some families consider the exchange of rings as the final mark of acceptance of the bride coming into the family of the groom and vice versa.

In some Punjabi marriages, the rings are exchanged only at the end of the marriage and no separate event is organized.

Mehendi Ceremony (Henna)

Mehendi is an indispensable part of most Indian weddings, which is hard to miss. It is one ceremony which every Indian woman – married or unmarried, love. Usually mehendi artists come to the house of the bride a day or two prior to the day of the wedding. They create intricate designs with mehendi on the palm of the hands and feet of the bride. The designs are mind blowing. The friends and sisters of the bride also get the gesture extended to them. The only thing that the artist and everyone else, ensures is that the designs on others do not appear to be more ornate than those made on the body of the bride.

The mehendi ceremony also takes place separately at the house of the groom where the close female relatives and family members get their hands and feet dyed for the occasion.

Ladies’ Sangeet

Often on the same evening, a ladies’ Sangeet is organized where ladies close to the bride sing and dance. It is nothing but a musical extravaganza. It is quite similar to the bachelorette party or hen’s party organized in the west to celebrate the last evening of the bride as a spinster. The ladies sing, dance, play musical instruments like the dhol and also tease the bride.

In India, traditionally there has never been a ceremony closely resembling the bachelor’s party but these days, even the groom and his close friends celebrate the evening before the marriage by participating in different cultural programs. All of you who have had the good fortune to be a part of a Sangeet would know that it is an evening of great fun and merriment.

Light refreshments like different types of snacks are served to the guests at the end of the sangeet. But from my personal experience, I can say that the refreshments are not really light. They make up a full course meal. 

Kangna Bandhana Ceremony

This is the first ritual performed on the morning of the wedding. A sacred thread called the mouli is tied on the wrist of the bride and the groom separately at their respective homes by a Hindu priest. They have to keep it on their wrist as it is considered to be a good-luck charm and wait until it falls off.

Chooda Chadhana

If you translate the nomenclature of this ceremony literally to English, it would be “placing bangles”. This is a ceremony which takes place following the kangna bandhana ceremony. A havan or a sacred fire is lit and the elderly male members from the side of the bride sit around the fire. The eldest maternal uncle of the bride plays a vital role and he also takes part in the havan.

The maternal uncle or mama and his wife would gift a set of 21 bangles – red/maroon and white/ivory in color. Nowadays, since ivory is becoming rare, brides also wear plastic bangles in different hues like pink, purple and many other colors. But before sliding it onto her wrists, the bangles are blessed by all the elders present.

The bangles are purified in a liquid mixture containing milk and rose petals. The mama has to put the bangles on the wrist of the bride. But the head and face of the bride is covered with a white scarf at that time as she is not supposed to see the bangles at the time when it is put on her wrists. At the time of the ritual, flower petals are showered on the bride.

The mama of the bride also gifts the bride a lehenga-choli/sari which she wears at the time of the wedding. It is expected that the bride would wear the set of chooda for a minimum period of 40-45 days.

Kalide Ceremony

This is also a related ceremony. The sisters and friends of the bride tie umbrella shaped figures called kalide to the chooda of the bride. They are red in color, a color which signifies fertility and a happy conjugal life and coconut-shaped, signifying prosperity at the home of the newly-weds.

The kalide is often encrusted with dried betel nuts, dry fruits or coconut. There is a fine traditional practice of the bride shaking her kalide tied to the chooda worn on her arms and young unmarried girls stand beneath it. It is believed that if a part of the kalide or a leaf or a nut or a fruit falls on her head, then she would be the next one to get married.

I think it is pretty similar to the belief in Christian weddings that if any one of the bridesmaid or a young unmarried female guest manages to catch the wedding flower of the bride when she throws it into the air after her marriage when she is leaving with her husband, she would be the next lucky one to get married!

Haldi ceremony

This ceremony takes place on the morning of the wedding. The bride is sat down facing four lamps or diyas. This ritual is quite symbolic. It is believed that the light emanating from the diyas would always keep the glow or the radiance on the face of the bride. The female members of the house would then apply a paste of turmeric, sandalwood, rosewater and mustard oil on the visible parts of the body of the bride. This paste acts like a scrub or cleansing agent and gives a shine to the face and hands of the bride.

The same ceremony is also performed at the house of the groom and all elderly female members of his clan apply the paste to the body of the groom. There is a lot of laughter and fun. Assembled guests also tease the bride/groom. The ladies also anoint each other’s forehead and face with the leftover paste. The young unmarried boys and girls also run-around and apply the paste on each other’s face hoping to get married.

Ghara Ghardoli

This immediately follows the haldi ceremony. After the haldi is scrubbed off from the body of the bride, she accompanies her siblings and close friends to a nearby temple. A pitcher full of holy water is then poured on her. After this, she enters the inner sanctum of the temple and prays to the reigning deity of the temple and asks for His/Her blessings. She then comes back to her home and takes a full and proper shower and starts getting ready for the main events of the evening.

Ghara Ghardoli also takes place at the residence of the groom. In his case, however, his sister-in-law usually pours the pitcher full of water on him and he usually doesn’t need to visit a temple. After he returns from the shower, he is given a regal, resplendent dress to wear in the evening.

Sehrabandi

After the groom is ready, he has to stand in front of the family deities and a small puja is performed by the priest. Puja of a pink colored turban or headgear called sehra is done by the priest and it is then wrapped around the head of the bridegroom by his father or a very senior male member. The sehra has strings hanging down which should partially cover the face of the groom as he wears it. After the sehrabandi, the bride and his motorcade or his cavalcade is ready to leave for the wedding venue.

Ghodi Sajana and Ghodi Chadna

It has been a long-standing practice for the groom to ride a caparisoned mare when going to the bride’s house or wedding venue to get married. Ghodi chadna is the ceremony where the groom gets up on the back of the horse to leave. But before he sets out, the mare or the ghodi is decked up. It is also fed by the sisters and female cousins of the groom and also given water to drink. This is known as ghodi sajana.

The sister-in-law of the groom puts surma, a black powdery item, in his eyes in order to ward off any sort of evil presence from his life as well as to make his journey safe.

This more or less ends the pre-wedding rituals. As the groom and his retinue are on their way, the bride is getting ready too. She wears a heavily embroidered saree or a crystal encrusted lehenga with choli. Three or four heavy necklaces, a gold or diamond nose ring, anklets and matching earrings complete the looks of the bride. She is also given a proper bridal make-up by a professional make-up artist and also a nice hairdo by a stylist.

The elderly male members of the family of the bride also oversee the last minute preparations and stand in a queue at the entrance of the venue, waiting for the arrival of the baraat.

Avu's POV
Now I was finally Mrs avneet Siddharth nigam!
It was our suhagrat and we made love to each other. This time without protection.
😁😁
Time leap 5 weeks later
Sid's POV
Avu was feeling dizzy and vomiting so today mumma went to hospital with her.
Then mumma's call came.
Vibha: sid!!!!! Come to hospital fast.
Call hung.
I rushed to hospital, I was sweating by nervousness and fear. I reached there in 2 mins.
Sid: what happened doctor!?
Doctor: congrats Mr nigam!  u r gonna become a dad.
I was overwhelmed by happiness I went to avu and she was also very happy.
9 months later
Avu was in labor and sid was sitting outside sweating.
After 10 mins doctor came.
Doc: Congo sir! U got a daughter!
Sid was very happy. He went in hospital room and saw his 2 princesses : avu and his daughter playing. He took his daughter in his arms and kissed avneet gently.
Avneet: heer nigam!
Sid: heer nigam!
Happily ever after
So this was the epilogue.
I will miss u guys 😣😣😣
Byee
😣😣

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.7K 4.5K 33
π‘Ίπ’•π’π’“π’š 𝒐𝒇 𝒂 π’ˆπ’Šπ’“π’ 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒂 π’ƒπ’π’š π’˜π’‰π’ 𝒐𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒖𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒆𝒂𝒄𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 π’…π’†π’”π’•π’Šπ’π’š π’˜π’‚π’π’•π’†π’… 𝒔𝒐...
10.4K 600 7
Monu bro ke paas SidG hamesha tha, hain aur......... Kya wo hamesha rahega? A ZDMN FS(5 chapter book) BASED ON THE FRIENDSHIP OF SID AND MONAMI Monu...
8.4K 566 40
A girl who loved a boy since she knew the meaning of love. The boy who never looked at at her except an adoptive. Finally, after years he started to...
153K 8.4K 81
( Not Edited ) (MY 1st FF 😊😊) ( Not Edited ) My first ever book that's why I won't remove, I was just 14 to 15 years old when I wrote it, so it i...