CURSES AND CANDIES - REMUS LU...

By drowninginparagraphs

in which the war truly begins with a single word "better luck next time" ✧──────✧ part two of two all rankin... More

𝑜𝑛𝑒.
𝑡𝑤𝑜.
𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.
𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟.
𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒.
𝑠𝑖𝑥.
𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛.
𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡.
𝑡𝑒𝑛.
𝑒𝑙𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛.
𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑙𝑣𝑒.
𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛.
𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛.
𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛.
𝑠𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛.
𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛.
𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛.
𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛.
𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦.
𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑜𝑛𝑒.
𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑡𝑤𝑜.
𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.
𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟.
𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒.
𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑖𝑥.
𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛.
𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡.
𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒.
𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦.
𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑜𝑛𝑒.
𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑡𝑤𝑜.
𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.
𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟.
𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒.
𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑖𝑥.
𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛.
𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡.
𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒.
𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦.
𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑜𝑛𝑒.
𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑡𝑤𝑜.
𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.
𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟.
𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒.
𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑖𝑥.
𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛.
𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡.
𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒.
𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦.
𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦 𝑜𝑛𝑒.
𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦 𝑡𝑤𝑜.
𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.
𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟.
𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒.
𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑖𝑥.
𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛.
𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦 𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡.
𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦 𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒.
𝑠𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑦.
𝑠𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑦 𝑜𝑛𝑒.
𝑠𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑦 𝑡𝑤𝑜.
𝑠𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.
𝑠𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟.
𝑠𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒.
𝑠𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑖𝑥.
𝑠𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛.
𝑠𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑦 𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡.
𝑠𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑦 𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒.
𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦.
𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑜𝑛𝑒.
𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑡𝑤𝑜.
𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.
𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟.
𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒.
𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑖𝑥.
𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛.
𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡.
𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒.
𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑦.
𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑦 𝑜𝑛𝑒.
𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑦 𝑡𝑤𝑜.
𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.
𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟.
𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒.
𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑖𝑥.
𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛.
𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑦 𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡.
𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑦 𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒.
𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑦.
𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑦 𝑜𝑛𝑒.
𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑦 𝑡𝑤𝑜.
𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.
𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟.
𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒.
𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑖𝑥.
𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛.
𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑦 𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡.
𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑦 𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒.
𝑜𝑛𝑒 ℎ𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑑
𝑜𝑛𝑒 ℎ𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑜𝑛𝑒.
𝑜𝑛𝑒 ℎ𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡𝑤𝑜.
𝑜𝑛𝑒 ℎ𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.
𝑜𝑛𝑒 ℎ𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟.
𝑜𝑛𝑒 ℎ𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒.
𝑜𝑛𝑒 ℎ𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑠𝑖𝑥.
𝑜𝑛𝑒 ℎ𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛.
𝑜𝑛𝑒 ℎ𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡.
𝑜𝑛𝑒 ℎ𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒.
𝑜𝑛𝑒 ℎ𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡𝑒𝑛 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑜𝑛𝑒.
𝑜𝑛𝑒 ℎ𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡𝑒𝑛 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑡𝑤𝑜.
𝑜𝑛𝑒 ℎ𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡𝑒𝑛 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.
𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒

𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒.

7.3K 342 410
By drowninginparagraphs

When four-fifths of the Marauders walked into Transfiguration, there was an air of tension between them and Hollis, even if she didn't quite know it yet. None of them besides Remus had gotten to see what the note said, he had ripped it up and thrown it away too quickly.

But they certainly knew that they had heard a small cry come from Remus when he thought they were all sleeping the night after.

Still, the green-eyed boy seemed persistent enough to still try to get a detention with Hollis. No matter what she did, Remus had still seen that flicker of normalcy in her eyes. And there was no way in hell he was going to let that go. Something in Remus had accepted that after all the shit she had been through for him, it was his turn.

Now Remus was the one who had to fight.

Sliding into his usual desk, Remus watched as Hollis sat by Theodore, Narcissa, and Lucius instead of by Marlene and him. Transfiguration didn't have assigned seats, Mcgonagall knew how to keep order in the classroom better than that. The professor would split students up if they caused too many disruptions, but that was fairly rare. She usually just dealt with them individually.

Sure enough, even as McGonagall started class, Hollis was still talking to Lucius, not caring much about what her professor was saying.

"After going over the theory of our Bird-Conjuring Charm yesterday, now it is time to work on the practical," McGonagall said clearly to the classroom.

All of whom were paying attention besides the four Slytherins in the back corner turned to face one another, even if that meant Narcissa and Theodore had their backs turned to their professor.

"No, I heard that Yaxley had to see Dumbledore after what he almost did to Mary Macdonald," Narcissa said in a low, gossiping tone.

"But there were no points missing from Slytherin this morning at breakfast," Hollis pointed out, her watchfulness not changing under the curse. "So the old man couldn't have gotten too mad, could he?"

The corners of Theodore's mouth tugged up in a smirk.

"I mean, that mudblood almost got what she deserved-"

"Is there something you two would like to share with the class?" McGonagall snapped, and all heads turned towards the Slytherin boy and girl.

Narcissa and Lucius quickly turned away, not wanting to be caught as well. That was a large difference between Hollis's friendships with the Gryffindors. They would always stick together, no matter the consequences.

Now, it was common place among the Slytherins to save their own necks.

"No, professor," Hollis said, having no desire to waste her evenings in detention.

Theodore, however, took this as an opportunity to stir up even more trouble while he had the classes attention.

"Actually, Macdonald," Theodore called out, and Mary turned his way with a slightly fearful expression. "What did ever end up happening with Yaxley-"

This comment was met by a series of protests and outcries from the Gryffindors and amused laughs from all the Slytherins. They all knew how upset Mary had been, and for Theodore to bring it back up again was just cruel.

"What's your issue, Nott?" Frank asked loudly, which just made the rest of the Slytherins laugh harder.

"Enough!" McGonagall said loudly, letting out a loud ban with her wand that made the class go silent. "Detention, Mr. Nott."

Hollis let out a dubious scoff, looking at McGonagall like she was ridiculous. Much louder than she had intended to, actually.

"Is something the matter, Miss Rosier?" McGonagall asked, turning to Hollis's desk in the back corner of the classroom.

The Transfiguration professor had been watching for the past few classes as one of her favorite students turned into a girl that she no longer recognized. Hollis had completely abandoned the friends that cared so much about her, and replaced them with some of the most arrogant, prejudiced purebloods in all of Hogwarts.

And she was starting to fit in with them.

It seemed to McGonagall like the girl that had sacrificed her own reputation with the professors and marks for the term for they boy she so clearly loved was long gone. When McGonagall tried to imagine Hollis doing that now for a halfblood, Gryffindor werewolf, it was almost impossible.

McGonagall didn't know what had happened, but she most certainly knew that no matter how much she considered Hollis as a daughter, as she did sons for the other Marauders, she had to drawn the line somewhere.

No matter how much it hurt.

"Sorry, but all he did was ask a question," Hollis said with a bored tone. "I just don't understand how that warrants a detention."

The class went silent in shock. Did Hollis Rosier just defend Theodore Nott? But most of all, Remus Lupin just felt pure betrayal.

After everything Theodore had put Hollis through, how could she even look at him? And Remus knew that it wasn't kind hearted forgiveness in the works here. Even Hollis couldn't get past someone leaving her with mental and physical wounds, adding on the ones that Remus didn't even know of, but was sure existed.

am i hallucinating? - p

unfortunately not - s

something is really wrong - r

"Well then maybe you can understand why it does when you join him," McGonagall said with a tight tone she had never used with Hollis before. "March first, my office, eight o'clock, both of you."

Remus felt his stomach drop to what felt like the floor. Hollis and Theodore in detention together just couldn't end well, even with this new her. It made Remus upset beyond belief, he couldn't do anything to help her. Every single effort or threat had now been made empty, and he wasn't able to do shit about it.

Just as the thought occurred to Remus that he could still try to get detention with them, his heart dropped as well at another realization.

March first was a full moon.

well what the bloody hell are we going to do now? - s

what can we do? - j

it's a full moon -r

fuck - p

Not only did this mean that they couldn't help her, it meant that there was now no way possible for Hollis to help Remus on the full moon. They had carried a fraction of hope with them that Hollis would somehow change in time to heal Remus, or that she would push through whatever this was on his behalf.

For the first time in well over a year, Hollis wouldn't be with Remus during a full moon at Hogwarts.

And little did any of the other Marauders know, Hollis was having this realization at the exact same time.

That's the full moon. No, I have to help him. What was I thinking-

From nearly across the castle, Evans gritted his teeth and mentally pushed Hollis's desperate thoughts back down. This was just getting harder and harder.

Get out of my head-

"Is everything alright, Mr. Rosier?" Slughorn asked, and Roldolphus turned to Evans along with Gideon and Bellatrix. "You look a little fatigued."

Giving Hollis one last mental shove, Evans looked up from his potion and nodded.

And Regulus Black checked his watch.

.。*゚+.*.。   ゚+..。*゚+

On the way out from Transfiguration, Hollis got out of the room as quickly as she could. Unfortunately, Theodore caught up in a few brisk strides.

"March first, eh?" Theodore asked, smirking at Hollis.

Before Hollis could answer, though, Sirius and James stepped between the two.

"Just fuck off, Nott," Siriuss said sharply.

Hollis looked at the Gryffindor in disgust.

"I don't need your help, Black," Hollis replied, now walking faster.

This just made Sirius want to help more.

"What happened to you, Hol?" he asked, his voice breaking slightly. "On Valentine's Day, what happened?"

I want to tell you, but I can't control what I say anymore, please don't listen to me, because it's not even me, it's this ner mindset-

"I said I don't need you help!" Hollis exclaimed, losing her patience. "If this is how you acted around your family, I would be grateful you ran away!"

Sirius visibly flinched at these words, more hurt than angry.

"You don't mean that, Hol," Sirius said as firmly as he could.

Rolling her brown eyes dramatically, Hollis stopped so that she could really look at Sirius as she said this.

"Get used to people not wanting to be around you, Black," Hollis spat slowly. "No matter how much you sleep around, nothing is going to change that you're simply too insufferable to like, no matter what the Potters you so heavily depend on tell you."

Every single word of those sentences hit Sirius like a curse directly in the heart. And it hurt so, so badly.

.。*゚+.*.。   ゚+..。*゚+

It took about three seconds flat of Remus walking out of Transfiguration late after asking McGongall a question for him to be roughly pulled over by Regulus.

"What the hell, Black?" Remus cried, straightening his robes. "A simple hello, can I talk to you would always do-"

Regulus didn't have any time for Remus's sarcasm at the moment.

You see, the Gryffindors were not the only ones who noticed that whenever Hollis did something 'normal,' Evans somehow knew and got irritated. Especially being in the Slytherin common room with the siblings so often, it hadn't taken long for Regulus to pick up on the pattern as well.

"What happened in Transfiguration?" Regulus asked sharply, and Remus's eyes narrowed.

"How-?"

"I asked first, Lupin," Regulus replied. "What happened?"

Remus was just as smart, if not smarter than Regulus was, though. He knew that the Slytheirn was in the same year, and likely the same classes as Evans. And Remus also begrudgingly recognized that Regulus wasn't too slow at connecting dots, either.

"Was it Evans?" Remus asked, running a hard through his auburn hair. "Did Rosier do something odd?"

Now it was Regulus's turn to be confused.

"Yea, at around half past two.." Regulus said slowly. "But how did you know I was talking about Evans, I didn't even-"

"Excuse me, Black, I need to go to the library."

i have school again so that's why chapters are taking me longer - but still much longer chapters

1.7k words

what do u wanna see?

VOTE! - it rly helps

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 45.4K 47
In which Josie Longbottom falls for her best friend. started 13.02.20 finished 19.04.20
934K 41.4K 153
Gone are the carefree school days, as a new era begins in the lives of the Marauders. Voldemort's powers are ever increasing and the days are getting...
26.7K 537 14
"𝘐𝘧 𝘪𝘵 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘴𝘦, 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘱𝘴, 𝘵𝘰𝘰." ***** 🌸𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐮𝐝�...