LEGEND

By victoriapinkglitter

❝I adore when you surrender to me, granting me dominion over your most intimate being, mirroring my sovereign... More

Welcome To My Temple/Copyright
PROLOGUE
♔1. REBIRTH
♔2. TIMBER
♔3. 7777
♔4. REPARATIONS
♔5. DRAGO
♔7. MESSENGER
♔8. SPILL (Part I)
♔9. SPILL (Part II)
♔10. FERAL
♔11. MAELSTROM
♔12. FLESHLY (Part I)
♔13. FLESHLY (Part II)
♔14. INFERNO
♔15. SERENITY
♔16. SILK
♔17. HOMECOMING
♔18. ANIMAL (Part I)
♔19. ANIMAL (Part II)
♔20. LIMITS
♔21. REBEL
♔22. WOLVES

♔6. TRUTHS

1.7K 98 4
By victoriapinkglitter

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." — Oscar Wilde

B r i e l l e W i n t e r s

ALPHA KING LEGEND'S schedule was insanely hectic today. As I cruised in the very back of the limousine with my pen and paper in hand, I began to question how this man managed to find any time for himself with days like this.

   This was my second time accompanying him on his duty trips and it was significantly better than the last due to the absence of a blonde with an...personality.

On top of that, Legend seemed more open on this trip and he talked quite a bit...way more than the first trip.

I don't know if it was because of the red wine we were all served at his meeting chancellor Tarah, whom I didn't get to see because I wasn't exactly allowed into the actual meeting but that was besides the point...

"That exact building right there is where my mother and father got married..." Legend said sitting a few inches away from me.

Every now and then his fingers would brush against mine on the seat, and I would grow paranoid looking around making sure no one was noticing.

I was Alpha King Legend's mate.

Just the thought of that in my head alone brought a strange feeling upon me.

Finding out the news yesterday, it has still not settled down to me, and I still found myself questioning the legitimacy of it.

But today, I questioned it much less...

Because whenever I would sneak a glance at the handsome man right next to me...my heart felt...admiration.

And not the kind of admiration towards a business savvy individual or in any other professional way, but in a personal and almost intimate way.

I was starting to like him.

"Can you imagine?" His deep voice rang through my ears. "Marrying someone in that beautiful building?"

I looked at him with curious eyes as he lets out a chuckle. His eyes lock with mine and I watch as the blue in them darkened tremendously.

"You're so beautiful," he whispers.

I found myself blushing a bit before looking around once again to see if his driver or guards that sat up front were staring.

"Today was a great day," I croaked out awkwardly.

Legend smirked. "Lots of great material for that feature, huh?"

I couldn't help but give him a playful smile. "Not that at all. I mean—yeah but no. I liked what I saw from you today. I always thought you were the quiet type like your father but—"

"I'm the exact opposite." He finished giving me an unreadable expression. "Heard that before."

I bit my bottom lip in concern and I knew then to tread carefully. Whatever I had said must have opened up feelings he wasn't ready to share.

"Where are your parents? Last I heard from the media was that they are in a spaceship?"

He nods. "No. That's just hearsay. They spent the last five years traveling the world. Last I heard was that they are in the east."

I nodded. "Do you think they'll visit?"

Legend sighs. "Can we not talk about this right now?"

"Okay. What about your brother Legion?"

Legend tenses and his fingers that were once brushing against mine slowly grew further from mine.

"What about him?" He asked me almost darkly.

"The media—they are questioning why he hasn't returned from wherever he is to come back home to his duties as a member of leadership for the United packs of Elefthería. I mean even Jusco Times has written their fair share of articles—"

"Where are you going with this?" Legend cuts me off.

"I just want to know your side, you know? Like where is Legion? What has he been up to? When is he gonna return? Why hasn't he returned?" I asked.

"Legion is doing what Legion wants to do. He's happy where he is. I know that for sure." He answers briefly.

"Do you know where he is?" I asked causing Legend's blue eyes to narrow.

"Yes, Brielle."

   Something in his tone told me there was some sort of fault in his answer.

"Hmmm," I hummed to myself causing him to give me an irritated look.

"You think I'm lying?" He questions.

"No," I lied. "I've just heard some crazy stories...that's all."

"Like what?" Legend asks.

I sighed. "The Megatra Issue as you know is a very biased news company. Rumor has it they are run by secret union sympathizers. They write crazy stuff." I say doing my best to brush the subject off.

"Like what, Brielle?" He questioned once again, his tone serious.

"Stuff like you killed him..."

    And what I said must have been quite loud cause the whole limousine went silent and a few guards looked back at me with absurdity.

   I instantly regretted my words. I let the journalist in me cause me to grow detached from my words and feelings.

  Legend's eyes were not on me. He looked out the window in silence. His whole demeanor changed. I felt horrible but I was only regurgitating what I had heard from a may I say unreliable source.

   I wanted to include the gritty and hard topics in my feature...but not at the expense of hurting him.

...my mate.

━━༻❁༺━━

When we had gotten back to the pack house I found myself thinking of all the ways I could approach Legend and apologize.

I kept my distance as we entered the pack house and many of his pack members greeted the returning Alpha King.

   When the commotion died down, he turned to me and motioned me to follow him.

   We went down several hallways in silence, and I grew nervous...nervous enough I finally spoke up.

"I shouldn't have said what I said in the limo. It was tasteless. I should have taken your word and left it at that. I'm sorry." I apologize.

   Legend said nothing and stopped at a door. He puts his fingerprint in the scanner beside it and I watch in awe as the door opens.

   I walk forward stepping infront of him before turning back to him. He encouraged me to go in and I was amazed at what I saw.

  Crystals grew in a multitude of colors on the stone walls of this room. It looked like magic pure magic. It looked to be something too sacred to just be concealed in a room.

   A necklace in a glass casing, the same one I remember Legend wearing yesterday shone bright with its blue pigment.

"Your necklace," I said turning to him. "Why is it in there?"

"Because that is the most powerful object in the world and I almost lost it yesterday. It's safer in here." He answers studying me closely.

"Why am I here?"

"Because you think I killed my brother." He answers.

I scoff. "Legend, I was just asking a question."

"The effects of the full moon have not worn off me yet. I could listen to your thoughts in the car. You're speculating if I killed him."

Oh damn.

"I—listen—" I found myself stuttering. "I'm a journalist, Legend. It's my job to speculate."

   He shakes his head, his eyes still on me challenging me. "Well here is your answer. Look at the stone."

  I looking towards the necklace in the glass casing and observed it closely before I saw a clear and precise crack in the blue stone.

"It's cracked." I say.

I could hear Legend walk in closer proximity to me. "That's because the stone of life was split into two and the necklace remade. You wanna know who has the rest of it?"

I turned to Legend in realization and sorrow filled the pit of my stomach. "Legion." I answered.

Legend nods his head. "So my brother is alive and well. He has the stone. So you can stop speculating."

"Listen, there's just so much mystery when it comes to you..." I trail off not knowing what else to say but trying to find some excuse for my previous doubts.

"I get it. You're a journalist, and I'm your subject...but I'm also your mate." He says, his eyes not leaving mine.

   I walk over to him before grabbing his hand hesitantly. The adrenaline in my body spiked up, and my hands shook inside his.

"I'm really sorry. It's hard, okay? I don't understand completely what this means for me. I'm trying to balance doing my job and at the same time getting to know you...the real you. That's who I'm going to write about." I explained to him.

   He looks down at out our intertwined fingers before he looks down at me staring into my eyes. With his height intimidating me slightly, I watch as he licks his pink lips at me.

"That goes both ways, Brielle..."

"Huh?" I question in confusion.

"Who is Brielle Winters..." He mumbled against his enticing lips. "Show me who you really are."

   And at that moment I wasn't sure if it was the alcohol I had earlier, or Legend's undeniably attractive charisma and physicality....but I found myself standing on my toes and kissing him.

   Our lips meshed with one another fervently and feverishly wanting more and more. His strong hands held my hips in place as he dominated the kiss.

He wanted to know Brielle Winters.

From now on, I was gonna show him.

To be continued...

──────────── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ─────────────

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

263K 8.9K 47
------Alexandria Rene Summers----- Rejected, by none other than Alpha Kyle Rivera. Alpha of THEE #1 worldwide most powerful pack. She was the top war...
256K 12.5K 67
"I'm going to erase and replace that man-every man-from your mind," Alexander's grip on me tightens. A snarl escaping his lips to remind me exactly w...
77.6K 4K 69
[BOOK #2 OF THE AWARD-WINNING EPSILON SERIES!] ❝I hate him. He's crude. Arrogant. Vile. I hate him so much that sometimes, when I look at him, I can...
6.1K 481 21
Alexa an auburn-haired female alpha is fighting fang and claw to survive after splitting up with her sister, fighting rouges left and right. She come...