Journey to the past ║ Deleted...

By KathyQuintanilla9

This book contains a selection of unpublished scenes from story "Journey to the past". Enjoy this content! :) More

⚤ He ... is my father ⚤
💞 Read first 💞
⚤ Flashback ⚤
⚤ I will fight for her ⚤
⚤ The reaper whose name is death ⚤
⚤ I have to be strong for Emi ⚤
⚤ The challenge - how to make braids for a four-year-old ⚤
⚤ Your home is in Paisley Park ⚤
⚤ Father is always right ⚤
⚤ Pa John, part one ⚤
⚤ Pa John, part two ⚤

⚤ U have to live on ⚤

41 1 0
By KathyQuintanilla9

Prince's POV

When I got home I turned off the engine and stared at the steering wheel for a long moment.

It is foolish to say that time heals all wounds. Time will never heal the wounds someone feels as a result of the loss of a loved one. You can learn to live with it, just like that.

I sighed and pushed my hair back. Was my life easier now, almost a year after Cherica' death? Of course not, but I couldn't allow myself to feel sorry for myself. I had a reason at home - it was my beautiful five-year-old granddaughter.

When I thought about this child, I felt so much love and warmth. I loved my whole family, I loved Manni, but nothing compares to my affection for this little girl.

Over the past few months, me and Emi have grown so close that it has been hard for us to live a few minutes without each other. She missed me so much when I had to go to a concert or concentrate at work in a recording studio. And soon a new tour was waiting for me.

The thought of having to leave her for a whole month terrified me. I would like to work from home and look after my babygirl, but it was impossible. My profession required total commitment, which was once so easy and which made me very happy. But now my priorities have changed.

Ever since I got my daughter and granddaughter back, they have been the light of my life. I had the impression that only now I am satisfied. The most beautiful was yet to happen. Cherica and I were very keen on our bond and if it weren't for a certain haunted motherfucker my daughter would be with me today.

But it wasn't, and I had to be strong for Emmeline and Manni, but mostly for Emmeline. Manuela also loved Emi very much and was something of a mother to her. Of course, Emi was talking about Cheric, that's normal, and I did my best to keep the memory of my daughter alive.

I looked at the back of the car, where the purple urn lay. Cherica's ashes rested where her mother and I had conceived her.

To be honest, I want to find peace. I knew it would be impossible if I didn't forgive Liz. My anger at her seemed smaller, but still felt. I just want to think she was just sick, because no one normally does that.

After I got out and closed the car door, I headed towards Paisley. The weather was fine and I thought maybe I could take Emi for a little drive. We could go to ... I just don't know. To my sister, to my mother or father?

Then, ironically, I thought of Susannah Melvoin. I don't think my ex-women will ever give me peace of mind. Wendy mentioned that Sus had recently asked about me. Sus probably understood my situation now more than ever - she had become a mother less than three months ago.

On this occasion, I sent her a set of beautiful clothes for the girl, and Emi painted a cute teddy bear for this child. Susannah was touched by the gift from my little girl and she often asked about her when we spoke on the phone.

Yes, that's a good idea. I'm gonna go home, eat something, and take Emi to Susannah.

When I walked into Paisley I took off my fedora - my receptionist Grace nodded to me and Kirk was already walking towards me.

— Boss, you're here — Kirk said. — Emi is asking for you.

— As always — I rolled my eyes. — Was she polite?

—If I'm honest, yes — Kirk smiled. —You know how much energy this child has.

—All too well — I sighed and, tapping him on the shoulder, walked towards the elevator. Manni and Emi are probably in the children's room. When I was on the first floor and the door opened, I saw something I disagreed with - Emi was driving the baby scooter up the floor and Manni was watching her.

Well, I didn't mind this form of play, but Emi could do it in one particular room. And now I see Manuela sabotaged my rule. When my girlfriend saw me, she turned pale. I quietly left the elevator and Emi ditched the scooter and ran towards me:

— Grandpa!

—Honey.— I reached down and held out my arms to her, and she fell into my arms. I picked her up and kissed her cheeks. — Who's riding the scooter?

—I was bored.— The child looked at the floor. — Are you angry?

— No, honey — I replied and smiled, but looked at Manuela, who rolled her eyes. — I'm not angry with anyone.

—Good.— Emi looked at me and smiled back. Her hair was braided in many braids - it was Manuela's merit. — Because I was really bored, and it's fun to drive here.

— You know where you can ride as much as you want — I replied and raised my eyebrows. — It's not allowed here, you understand?

Emi pressed her lips together and was silent, and I repeated:

— What should I hear from you?

—That I understand — she said. —I'm not going upstairs.

—Good child — I said and tickled her. She squealed and I asked:

— Would you like to go somewhere with me?

—Where?— Emi perked up, her large brown eyes staring at me curiously. — Where are we going?

—Just me and you — I said and walked over to Manuela. —Honey, me and Emi will go somewhere. We'll be back in two or three hours.

Manuela raised an eyebrow, but nodded.

— Call me when you get safely  — Manni asked. — May I know where you are going?

— This is a surprise for my princess — I replied mysteriously and smiled at Emmeline. She was curious and said:

— Tell me, Grandpa!

— Unfortunately not — I was determined and said to Manni:

— Honey, I'll call you, don't worry. We'll be back soon. But we'll eat something first.

Manni smiled and Emi protested.

— I will not eat!

— You'll eat and that's all you get — I replied calmly and ignored my granddaughter's whining. Proper eating was very important and I made sure my granddaughter had plenty of vitamins and meat.

Yes, meat. I may have been a vegetarian, but I thought there would be a time when this child would eat what I did. For now, she was going to eat everything.

***

When I arrived at Susannah's house, Emi had just finished singing the song The Holy River. I preferred that she liked children's songs, but she stubbornly sang some songs from my repertoire. I was touched and still did not believe that this child had such a good voice.

At times like this, I forgot my mourning and enjoyed my life. I had someone to live for and every moment with my granddaughter was precious to me. When I parked outside Susannah's house, I saw a familiar figure.

Wendy walked towards me and held out her arms.

— Who's here? A purple bastard! She laughed and then Emi heard her.

— Aunt Wendy! — The babygirl squealed and started to squirm in the child's seat. — Grandpa, I want to get out of here!

— Wait, honey — I muttered, irritated at Wendy who opened the door on my side.

— Well, hello P.! My Emi!

—Wendy, you'll have time to tire of her — I muttered as Emmeline squealed with excitement. When I got out, I went to the passenger side door, and when I released Emi from the seat and set it on the ground, she immediately snuggled up to Wendy.

—Nice to have you — Emi said, and Wendy picked her up. — Where's Aunt Sus?

—At home — Wendy said sweetly. —Do you want to see little India?

— Yes — Emi clapped her hands together, and Wendy suddenly forgot about me and went with my babygirl to Susannah's house.

— Hey, you forgot about me! I called out and Wendy called out:

— No, P! Hurry up!

— Yes, Grandpa — Emi waved at me. —Come on!

I rolled my eyes and followed them calmly.

Take it easy, Skipper. Take it easy ...

***

I was sitting with Susannah and Wendy at the table while Emi was playing with some electronic game. I wasn't thrilled that my granddaughter was playing with it, but Sus convinced me that once wouldn't hurt.

—It's just a game — Sus muttered. —She has a job, and we can sit like the old days.

—That's the kind of tech shit that kids get addicted to and then there's trouble — I muttered and watched Emi staring hypnotized at a small screen. Susannah had just put her daughter India to sleep, and I was able to enjoy the company of my friends.

—Emi is such a pretty child — Susannah whispered. — Anyway ... is she doing well?

— Yes — I said. — We do it. It is good, certainly better than before.

— She looks like you — Wendy whispered. — I don't mean physical appearance because you know it, but it's her character. This babygirl is as sensitive as you are, Skipp.

I looked at Emmeline, who suddenly looked up and caught eye contact with me and smiled.

—She smiles the same— Sus noticed. —That babygirl is all you.

— She's definitely a lot like Cherica — I explained. — And Cherica is a mixture of me and her ...

Her ...— Sus raised an eyebrow. — Your ex-girlfriend, Liz.

I gritted my teeth at the mention of Liz, and Wendy suddenly said:

— Isn't that weird? This ... Liz prevented you from raising your daughter, and now you ...  — She broke off and realized she had made a mistake. But I was used to such requests.

—It's okay — I replied. — I know it's ironic of fate. I couldn't raise Cherica, and now I'm a parent to my own granddaughter. But it did and I have to deal with it.

Then Emi ran up to us. She looked at us with a smile and showed us the game:

— I won, see?

—Show me. — Wendy took the game from her and looked at the result. —Great, honey! You are good!

Emi clapped her hands and climbed onto Wendy's lap. Wendy hugged her and looked at her new hairstyle:

— You have nice braids. Who did it? Your grandfather or Manuela?

—Manni — Emi replied and grinned at me. —But Grandpa can do it too.

—Of course — I said, and then Susannah asked:

— Skipp, why don't we go outside? I wanted to show you something.

— Sure — I replied and stroked my granddaughter's cheek — I'll be right back.

As Susannah and I stepped out into the fresh air, she took a deep breath. It was a pleasant early evening.

—I love summer — Sus smiled at me. — I hate winter, but you know it.

—Sure — I muttered and crossed my arms. —When we were on vacation in Mallorca, you still wanted to be on the beach.

—I remember.— She laughed. —Those were crazy times. Do you remember how I lost your swimming trunks on purpose?

— It's impossible to forget. —  I rolled my eyes. — Is there a reason you wanted to be alone with me?

—I just want to tell you that you can count on me — she said, and suddenly she became serious. — Always.

—Thanks, Su — I said and patted her back. —That's good to hear.

—Really — Wendy looked at me the way she used to, when I needed reassurance that everything was fine and could only get better. — You're not alone with anything, P. You can't give up.

—I'm not going to — I said, and looked up at the pink-blue sky. —No way. I have someone who needs me.

— Emi.

— Exactly. Now that you have India, you know what I mean.

There was silence for a moment. To think that Susannah and I were once so much in love - it's funny that our fortunes were different, but we were still close. Now as friends. If it weren't for my mistakes, who knows, maybe we would still be together and have a bunch of children.

— A little longer and that son of a bitch is going to die — I muttered, Susannah's eyes widening.—He, Greg Darcy. My Cherica's murderer.

— When exactly?

— In November this year. He has the blood of my daughter and another innocent victim on his hands. When that happens, I will find peace ...

It was, although I am not in favor of the death penalty. I've never been, but this situation was different, personal. When I watched shortly thereafter as they brought this garbage into a small room, I was sitting on the other side in the armchairs with Tyka, who had come with me to Florida on purpose. Unfortunately, the death penalty was not carried out in my home state.

We sat in the armchairs, and Tyka held my hand. Darcy struggled and when he saw me he was shouting something. Probably the worst curses, but I didn't hear it because we were separated by a soundproof glass. As he was placed on a special couch, Greg released his hand and showed me the middle finger. I was unfazed - just wanted to see the life draining out of this asshole.

And that's how it happened. When he got a lethal injection and was soon presumed dead, I took a deep breath. My daughter got justice and tears rolled down my cheeks.

Greg Darcy got the taste of death and died quickly, unlike Cherica, who bled out on the carpet in her apartment before Emmeline's crying alerted the neighbors.

It's over — Tyka whispered and rested her head on my shoulder. —It's all over, bro. Our Cherica has been avenged. This motherfucker is dead.

I rubbed my temples and thought about Emmeline. As I decided before - this child will never know that her mother's murderer was her biological father.

When I got up, I knew that I had closed a certain stage behind me. My daughter will always live in my heart, memory and all of Paisley, but I had to move on. Now the most important thing was a peaceful future for Emmeline.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.6K 867 46
READ THIS STORY WITH CAUTION! PLEASE! It can get very triggering so if you're easily trigger don't read this!
10.2K 385 63
"Love kills, hey, drills you through your heart Love kills, tears you right apart It won't let go, it won't let go Love kills, yeah" -- Queen, "Love...
149K 2.7K 23
If you can't let go of the infamous Hybrid here are some imagines for you! We all miss him, I'm sure I do, and as a coping machanism I write and read...