Rhythm to My Chaos

By nininininaaa

[NEW CLASSIC SERIES #3] Meet the leader and lead guitarist of New Classic, Jestin Ike Rolloque. More

Rhythm to My Chaos
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Epilogue

Chapter 38

26.2K 1.4K 368
By nininininaaa

#NewClassicRTMC

Chapter 38
Little Angel

Slowly descending down the stairs, I went into the huge garden behind the mansion. The open gazebo right in the middle immediately caught my attention. I headed towards it while taking in the view of the well-lit garden with warm lights.

Similar to the design of the mansion's exterior, the gazebo also has a white paint with red tiled, hexagonal roof. There was an outdoor dining table and chairs inside. Just right outside, there were two benches on both sides of the entrance.

Maingat akong naupo sa isa sa mga benches. Bumugad sa aking paningin ang magarang mansyon. Even when it wasn't the front exterior, it still looked elegant and beautiful.

Katatapos lang naming kumain ng hapunan nang maisipan kong lumabas sa hardin. Auntie Amanda told me that it's beautiful in the garden at night. She wasn't lying, though. Talaga namang napakaganda.

I wondered if my father used to spend his time in the garden. Siguro ay tumutugtog din siya rito minsan ng kanyang gitara.

With those thoughts about my father, I looked up at the sky. Just like back in Roxas, the stars were also very visible. Despite their small sizes, due to their distance from the Earth, they were still shining brighter than the moon.

A smile crept on my lips while admiring the beauty of these celestial bodies. I really like it whenever the view of nature isn't obstructed. It makes me feel good. It makes me feel free.

"Aren't you cold?" Ike's low and husky voice drew my attention to him. "It's colder tonight than usual."

Tinatanong niya pa lang ako ngunit dala-dala na niya ang kanyang jacket na gamit kanina sa eroplano. Before he sat next to me, he carefully draped his jacket over my shoulders and his scent immediately washed over me.

With a small smile on my face, I said, "Thank you."

I wasn't feeling that cold, but the warmth was somehow comforting.

"No problem," he quietly said, the tenderness in his voice was unmistakable.

There was silence in between us. I craned my neck and found him looking up the sky. He got a very sentimental look, making it seem like he was shooting for a music video or a movie. My hand was itching to get my phone and take a picture of him.

I often see him up close, but I have never admired his side profile this much. He still looks dashingly handsome that I think God favored him so much for taking His time to sculpt and mold his features.

While I was busy admiring him, he suddenly lowered his gaze and turned his head to face me. I was a bit flustered and embarrassed that he caught me ogling at him. However, he didn't mind that at all.

"Your auntie asked me if we could extend our trip for three more days," he informed me without batting his eye. "I couldn't give her an exact answer. I don't know if it's alright with you."

Medyo napaawang ang aking mga labi. I wondered why Auntie Amanda didn't ask me directly. Nagtagal kami sa kuwarto ni daddy habang ipinapakita niya sa akin ang ibang mga litrato nito. We also talked over dinner but she mentioned nothing about wanting me to stay longer.

"I think she's still walking on egg shells when it comes to getting close to you." Like he heard my thoughts, he answered the question inside my head. "She must not want to mess anything up that's why she approached me first instead."

I pursed my lips. Naiintindihan ko ang sinabi ni Ike. Kahit ako rin ay nahihiya pa rin sa kay Auntie Amanda. I couldn't speak comfortably to her yet. And even though she told me that the mansion is also my home, I still couldn't digest that fact.

"Ayos lang naman sa akin," sabi ko kay Ike. "Ako nga dapat ang magtanong sa 'yo kung ayos lang ba na magtagal tayo rito. Don't you have some other things to do? Hindi ka pa ba pinapabalik sa Manila?"

"Not yet," he replied with a ghost of a smile on his lips. "Sic's overseas projects are not yet over. I own my time 'til he's back for good."

I tilted my head, suddenly curious about their band. "You mean, once he's back, New Classic will finally end their hiatus and make a comeback?"

Ike flashed a mysterious smile, but he didn't answer my question. He shifted on his seat to have a more comfortable position while staring at me.

"Let's not talk about that." He obviously avoided giving an answer to my harmless question. "We need to come up with a decision so that I can reschedule our flight back to Palawan."

I narrowed my eyes as he was being suspicious. "Ayos nga lang sa akin. Gusto ko ring magtagal pa rito."

He licked his lower lip and raised his brow. "What about Auntie Divina, then?" he suddenly asked which made me hesitate giving a final answer. "Hindi tayo nakapagpaalam nang maayos sa kanya. She knows we're going home in three days. I don't want her to think that I'm corrupting your mind or trying to getaway with you."

Nang binanggit ni Ike si Auntie Divina ay nawala na ulit sa isipan ko ang tungkol sa kanilang banda. Napaisip agad ako ng mga maaaring sabihin kay auntie upang hindi siya mag-aalala.

"Hmm... Let's just call her tomorrow morning," Ike suggested. "Saka na tayo magdesisyon kapag nakausap na natin siya."

Naningkit muli ang aking mga mata. "Ang akala ko ba ay kailangan na nating magdesisyon?"

"Well, I realized we still need to talk to Auntie Divina," he explained his reason. "I don't want her to think that we're abusing her kindness and the freedom that she's giving us. We still need to get her opinion and respect whatever it is. If she won't allow us, we can come back here anyway once we've explained everything to her in person. I'll go with you again."

Ike held my stare while he was talking. I just stayed quiet, listened and let him speak his mind because it rarely happens. And once he does, you'll learn a lot from his words. You'll have so many thoughts to ponder.

"But if you'd ask me, I really want you to stay here longer." He voiced out his own opinion. "I can also tell that you do. I know you want to learn more things about your father and spend time with your auntie here. It'd be nice if we can extend our stay."

My heart began to waver. His words lingered on me like a warm hug. I couldn't keep myself from smiling nor tearing up.

The storm inside my head, raining on me with negative thoughts, finally stopped. The truth behind my father's disappearance won over all those doubts and fears. Ike fought alongside with it. I had come to realize that those dark thoughts are pale in comparison to the love he's giving me.

His lips parted when I became slightly emotional.

Just then, the soft wind blew my hair in disarray while I was staring at him. Some strands of my hair went over my face.

Pursing his lips, Ike looked at me with intense concentration while he tidied my hair. He gently tucked the loose strands behind my ear. My chest tightened with emotion as I gazed deeply at him.

"Thank you for being with me..." I spoke with sincerity. "It means a lot to me."

His hand softly stroke my cheek, traveled from there to my arm and ended up holding my hand.

"You don't have to thank me," he said, his voice was hoarse. "I came with you because I wanted to. I'll follow you anywhere you want to go—even if you don't want me to."

My mouth curled up into a smile. No view of the starry sky nor the ethereal beach horizon could ever surpass how beautiful and wonderful he looks in my eyes.

"You know, I was scared that I might not be able to fall in love again after you," I carefully confessed my worries. "But I'm sure once our child is born, I'll experience falling in love all over again."

For a fleeting moment, his eyes shot wide open but it immediately narrowed as deep lines formed on his forehead. "Our child..." he echoed the words which obviously struck him the most. "W-what do you mean? Aleena..."

He was suppressing a smile on his lips. His face was showing mixed expressions. I could tell that he was excited, but he was also nervous and confused. I had never seen him show so much emotions. But just mentioning the possibility of having a child with him was enough to dig up all those feelings he buried deep inside him at once.

"Please, tell me, Aleena..." He was desperate. "What do you mean with our child?"

Tears stung the corners of my eyes as I flashed a smile at him. "I'm not yet sure but..." I swallowed my hesitation as I wholeheartedly decided to tell him. "I think... I think I'm pregnant."

Ike froze as my confession left him speechless. He stayed still for almost a minute. I couldn't tell if he was breathing. He was just looking straight at me in shock and disbelief, until he tried to open his mouth and his lips trembled.

"B-but you took the p-pills, right?" He was stuttering so much. "Is it possible? I don't know anything. Since when... uhm, I'm sorry. I don't really know what to say. I'm..."

"Noong una rin ay nagdadalawang-isip ako, pero nagsearch ako sa internet. Even after taking pills, it's rare but it still happens that it won't be effective. There is still a possibility for me to get pregnant," I told Ike what I learned. "Kaya nga lang ay hindi pa rin ako sigurado. I was just experiencing the common pregnancy symptoms. Ayoko sanang sabihin sa 'yo hangga't hindi ko pa nakukumpirma pero sa tingin ko ay mas magandang sabay nating malaman ang magiging resulta."

Kinagat ko ang aking ibabang labi habang hinihintay ang kanyang reaksyon. However, Ike remained silent like he was still processing each word that came out of my mouth. Para bang natatakot siyang mali ang kanyang pagkakaintindi kaya sobra-sobra ang kanyang pag-iingat.

"Uhm, bukas ay bibili ako ng pregnancy test kit sa malapit na pharmacy," sabi ko sa kanya.

"No." Ike shook his head. "I'll try to set an appointment with the ob-gyn tomorrow. We shouldn't rely on those test kits."

Desidido na si Ike sa kanyang desisyon. Dahil gusto ko ring makasigurado ay pumayag ako sa kanyang gustong mangyari.

Magpapaalam ako ay Auntie Amanda sa alis namin ni Ike. We could go for a check up in the morning, while I'll spend my afternoon with her. Sana rin ay pumayag si Auntie Divina na manatili pa kami ng ilang araw ni Ike dito sa Cebu.

I trailed on my thoughts when I noticed Ike gazing at me with so much love and happiness. His passionate eyes burned my heart with all the love I have for him. And then, all of a sudden, he pulled me closer into a tight hug.

"I'm so happy, baby..." he whispered earnestly as he exhaled deeply. "I love you."

Napapikit ako sa sobrang sarap pakinggan ng kanyang mga salita. I snuggled closer to him and hugged him back. Humigpit ang kanyang pagkakayakap sa akin at saka hinalikan ang aking ulo.

Since Ike wanted me to rest properly, we headed back to our room after spending a peaceful time in the garden. I fell asleep in his arms. The next morning, we left the mansion after breakfast to go for a check up with the ob-gyn. Mabuti na lang at may aasikasuhin din sa umaga si Auntie Amanda kaya nakaalis kami nang walang problema. We also called Auntie Divina to inform her that we'd be extending our vacation. She was still cool about it. Hindi ko sigurado kung talagang hinahayaan niya na akong magdesisyon para sa aking sarili o talagang buo ang tiwala niya kay Ike.

Nagpasundo si Ike sa kanyang driver na kinuha sa Cebu. Wearing our usual accessories to disguise ourselves, we went to Chong Hua where Ike made an appointment. I didn't know how he managed to get a schedule with an ob-gyn in less than a day, but he still did.

Hawak-hawak ni Ike ang aking kamay habang nasa sasakyan kaming dalawa papunta sa ospital. He was sitting so close to me. His strong arms around me helped me relax from being tightly-wound. However, I couldn't hide my anxiety once we were inside the clinic.

With slightly trembling hand, I filled up all the necessary papers they needed for my record. According to the nurse, I'd be taking three tests—urine test, blood test and sonography. Ike suggested to take all those tests to confirm my pregnancy with strong accuracy.

While doing all the tests, Ike patiently waited at the lounge area of the clinic. The ob-gyn was very accommodating and friendly. The execution of all the tests went smooth because of her. She didn't say anything in between to confirm my pregnancy, though. She just asked us to wait for all the results to be out.

We decided to eat lunch first before we went back to the hospital. We ate a very healthy lunch. Ike took his time in ordering which food I should have. In the end, he decided to order a pan-seared salmon with avocado salad.

"While I was waiting earlier, I searched the internet for a good pregnancy diet and read some articles about what you should eat when you're pregnant," he told me with so much enthusiasm and excitement.

Ike shared all of the things he learned about pregnancy in a short period of time. I stared at him in awe while listening intently. There's no doubt that he'd be a great father. He's always a few steps ahead when it comes to taking care of me. The things I had not thought about yet, he already took initiative to do it for me.

Kaya naman mas kinabahan ako nang bumalik na kami sa ospital. I don't want to disappoint him if I ended up not pregnant. Kung noong una ay hindi pa ako sigurado kung kaya ko ang responsibilidad na kasama ng pagbubuntis at pagiging ina, sa puntong iyon ay halos labis ang aking pananalangin na maging totoo ang aking hinala.

Habang binabasa ng ob-gyn ang mga resulta na kanyang hawak ay sinulyapan ko si Ike na nakaupo sa aking tabi. His lips were tightly pursed. Despite the cold air condition, there was a layer of thin sweat on his temples. He looked so relax before that moment, but just like me, he couldn't hide his uneasiness.

"So, I got all the tests here," the ob-gyn started speaking which made my heart jump. "Actually, I already had the initial findings earlier when we were doing the sonography, but just to make sure I waited for the other tests to confirm my findings."

Napalunok ako habang nakikinig sa kanya. Maingat niyang inilapag ang mga resulta sa aming harapan. Ike immediately leaned forward to scan the tests. Hindi ko magawang kumilos sa sobrang kaba. Hinintay ko na lamang ang sasabihin ng ob-gyn.

"I know you two must be expecting a lot, but I'm sorry to inform you that all the pregnancy tests are negative."

That moment, I heard my heart shatter into broken pieces.

"I discussed with one of the doctors here in the hospital, he told me that Ms. Caringal actually has gastritis. If you want, you can go to him for a check up and get prescriptions to treat it," she explained. "As for your late period, you have a hormonal imbalance. I will give you a pamphlet guide to follow and prescribe pills for you to take in order to regulate your menstruation."

Even though all the things that she was saying were all for my own good, I failed to understand it clearly. Inside me was a complete chaos. I lost the reason to care. And when I turned my head to look at Ike, an intense pain spread in my heart. I immediately regretted telling him about my gut feeling which turned out to be wrong.

His eyes were still looking at the papers in front of him, like he was trying to find faults in the results. But like there was a sudden realization in him, he hastily turned his head and smiled at me as he held my hand. Despite his effort to look fine, the held-back tears in his eyes glistened when the beam of the light inside the room reflected on it.

"It's okay..." he reassured me, but his touch, his fake smile, and those comforting words only broke my heart even more. "We still have a long future ahead of us. Maybe it's not yet the right time for our little angel to come to us. For now, your health is our top priority. Let's get you checked properly, okay?"

He tried his best to comfort me, but I was hurt and disappointed—disappointed with myself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

125K 7.2K 36
Making Every Second Count - Book 2 (Narration)
941K 32.3K 75
[REVISED VERSION: MAY 2024] Coffees and pancakes. Teas and waffles. Two people crossed that created ditto but with dissonance.
257K 6.1K 64
Being the heiress of a clan sounds easy and maybe it's more easier if your blood runs into it. But nothing is more easier than to be a mafia heiress...