No Regrets

By MelaninWrter

Rumer is a high school senior with something to prove. To herself she needs to prove that she can make it thr... More

Copyright
Cast
Chapter 1~ breathin
Chapter 2~ Flashback
Chapter 3~ Scars to Your Beautiful
Chapter 4~ Dangerous Woman
Chapter 5~ Single
Chapter 6~ Wild Things
Chapter 7~ Numb
Chapter 8~ Be Alright
Chapter 9~ Rolling in the Deep
Chapter 10~ Express
Chapter 11~ Style Aint Free
Chapter 12~ Thick
Chapter 13~ Thick (Part 2)
Chapter 14~ Shotgun
Chapter 15~ Apple Juice
Chapter 16~ Never Knew I Needed
Chapter 17~Life Is Good
Chapter 18~ Changes
Chapter 19~ Secret
Chapter 20~ Playing Games
Chapter 21~ Rare
Chapter 22~ listen before i go
Chapter 23~ Mercy
Chapter 24~ Aim x Shoot
Chapter 25~ All in
Chapter 26~ All Thee Above
Chapter 27~ River of Tears
Chapter 29~ Good to Me
Chapter 30~ The Rain
Chapter 31~ Liar
Chapter 32~ Imported
Chapter 33~ FrFr
Chapter 34~ Power
Chapter 35~ Birthday Song
Chapter 36~ Wrong Places
Chapter 37~ Train Wreck
Chapter 38~ One Sweet Day
Chapter 39~ Say You Won't Let Go
Chapter 40~ Champion
Sequel
SEQUAL IS HEREπŸ—£

Chapter 28~ Myself

1.6K 62 5
By MelaninWrter

"I remember feeling like I wasn't good enough, Had me questioning myself, I wasn't sure enough, Had me looking in the Mirror, tryna analyze my figure, I ain't perfect, You want perfect, so that figures," Myself Layton Greene

Marcel Maki Montanna POV

December

"Mr. Montanna, you are not the father," the doctor told us.

Adrianna eyes just about left they sockets. I kind of figured it was somebody else's that's why I wasn't entertaining her.

I wrapped my arm around Rumer's waist, and led us out of the hospital.

"You ready for the date tonight," I asked.

"I was packing my overnight bag before I left the house," she responded.

Since it was only 3 something, I pulled $700 out of my pocket, and gave it to her.

"What's this for," she asked, with her eyebrows raised.

"Go get your nails done, and do a little shopping before we go out tonight. And PLEASE be ready by 8," I told her.

"I will," she laughed.

"And thank you," she said.

"You don't gotta thank me, you my baby," I smiled.

She smiled and pulled me into a kiss. We stood in the parking lot for about 10 minutes kissing, before I pulled away. When I looked at her face she had a pout.

"What's wrong baby," I asked concerned.

"I wasn't done, and you just stopping the kiss like you the only one involved," she said, with a frown, and that made me laugh at her.

"Woman, go get ready for tonight," I said.

"Okay, see you later," she said.

"See you later," I said, and pecked her lips. I could feel her staring at my back as I walked away.

~~~~~That Night~~~~~

I was outside of Rumer's condo. Renesha just pulled up behind me because she agreed to keep Maria for tonight. She said she needs more time to bond with her niece. I was just happy she agreed.

I went to the door, and knocked. I heard foot steps running toward the door, the door opened and I saw Maria.

"Hey mamas," I said, and picked her up.

"Maria, what did I tell you about opening the door for people," Rumer came running behind her.

It felt like time froze when I seen her, she was so beautiful. It isn't just her beauty that attracts me though. It's her kindness, intelligence, her being full of maturity, and the way she carries herself.

I snapped out of my trance, and realized what she said to Maria.

"Mamas, you don't need to open the door for everybody. Some people may be bad men or women, so don't open the door for everybody mamas," I told her.

She laid her head down on my chest, "I'm sorry that I opened the door daddy. I will listen next time," she said.

Waynament- waynament- pause- rewind- fast forward a lil bit. She just called me daddy. I was a little excited, but I didn't want to over-step my boundaries.

I looked at Rumer, she seemed to have an awe look on her face about the situation.

"Sooo.... sorry to interrupt the family moment, but I'm still here" Renesha spoke from behind us.

"Hey Nesha," Rumer spoke.

"Hi Tee-Tee Re," Maria spoke.

"Nesha, I got food in the oven already, and thank you for watching her. Marcel, I'm ready let me go get my purse," Rumer said.

She came back with her purse, and took Maria from my arms.

"I will see you tomorrow, be good. I love you so much," she told her daughter.

"I love you too mommy," Maria said, with a smile on her face.

I led Rumer to my car, and opened the door for her, she smiled and got in.

"Where are we going first," she said.

"The whole night is a surprise," I told her.

It was quite and the music played softly in the back ground.

"When am I going to meet your parents," she asked out of nowhere.

"I want you to meet them," I told her.

"But," she responded.

"They've been traveling to tropical islands since before we met," I told her.

"Awe, I want to that one day," she told me.

"Stick with me, and I'll take you everywhere you wanna go," I told her truthfully. We've been dating for about 4 months, but I could see a future with her.

"When will they be back," she asked.

"They will return to mourn my grandmother's passing, in January," I told her lowly.

My granny was a sore subject for me. Since my dad was busy running the streets, and my mother was by his side, I was with my grandmother most of the time. She basically raised me. She is my dad's mother. My mom's momma don't like us, because of my dad's 'career' choice.

Her death took a toll on me. I started smoking more, and drinking more. But one night, I had a dream and my granny was disappointed in me. So I changed small addictions, and focused more on taking over for my dad, and celebrating my grandmother's memory. That was about 2 months before I met Rumer.

I pulled up to the secluded area of the park, were I set up the picnic and were we could see the sunset.

I got all her favorite things~ Apple Juice, Jamaican Me Happy Wine coolers, Strawberries with chocolate dip, gummy worms, Ham and cheese sandwiches, Pineapple, grapes, Kiwis,Chips, and meatballs.

This was my first time actually planning a date like this. I wanted this to be special. All the other times I just took her out to get something to eat, or to the small.

I led her to our spot, and she gasped. I sat down, and she took at seat too.

"Thank you so much, baby," she said.

"No problem. Seeing you smile is enough for me," I told her.

"Thank you for paying for my nails and toes too," she told me.

"Stop thanking me," I told her with a laugh, "You don't have to thank me. Now come on let eat."

We talked if we weren't eating. We exchanged memories from our childhoods. She told me some more stuff about her wanting to be a doctor, when she graduates.  She wants to be a doctor for kids (pediatrician) and she is so passionate about it.

We put all of the food up, and got back in the car after the sun set.

About 15 minutes, we pulled up to the Escape room. I know y'all like 'Why would you take her there?' but she told me she's never been and wanted to go. Who am I not to honor her wishes?

~~~~~1 hour Later~~~~~

She was the brains the whole time. I mean, I helped but she was amazing. I'm kinda glad Kameron decided to tell her about out 'lifestyle' cause she wouldn't crack under pressure.

"That was exciting," she said, as we got into the car. I just smiled.

"Anything else up your sleeve," she asked.

"Yep, having a good nights sleep at the hotel," I lied.

"Okay, that sounds good," she said. She didn't say it like she was sad either.

One thing I already knew was that she wasn't like other girls. Other girls would have been disappointed, and they also would've bugged me about were we were going all night.

"How did you feel about Maria calling me her dad," I asked.

"I'm okay with it, honestly. But, if you're uncomfortable with it, I'll tell her not to do it again," she said.

"I'm okay with it, but I think I need to have a sit down with your baby daddy," I said.

"Why," she questioned.

"I want to meet him, cause I'm going to be around his daughter. Also, I wanna ask him how he feels about her calling me daddy," I told her.

"Okay, that's fine," she said.

We pulled up to the hotel, that I partially owned with Kameron. I already rented the Honeymoon suite for us.

We went in the elevator, and then headed towards the room. When got inside I put my hand over her eyes an she didn't say a word she just let me lead her towards our room.

When we got into the room, I removed my had from her eyes, and she gasped.

Off guard, she grabbed my face and pull me into a kiss. Like the man I am, I complied. When she broke the kiss, she squealed at what was on the bed.

"Baby Christmas is in 2 weeks, and my birthday is in 4 months. What is all this for," she asked.

"This is to show my love and appreciation for you. Even though no amount of gifts would ever be able to show that," I told her.

"Thank you. I love you so much," she told me.

"I love you too," I said without hesitation.

After she opened all of her gifts, and took them off the bed, we planned on watching movies. But our chemistry and bodies had other plans.

~~~~~
Vote, Comment, and Share Please 😌💕
Thanks for reading🤍

Any thoughts,comments, or suggestions?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 40.7K 91
Shayla a senior in high school left to take care of her 3 year old sister falls for a drug lord named Kasen ...... is life with a thug better
145K 5.8K 60
**** COMPLETE **** This novel centers around Faith, a young black woman in her early 20s that's given up on the thought of love. That is until she fi...
755K 35.4K 42
"𝑭𝒆𝒂𝒓 π’Šπ’” π’”π’•π’“π’π’π’ˆπ’†π’“ 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆, π’“π’†π’Žπ’†π’Žπ’ƒπ’†π’“ 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕. 𝑭𝒆𝒂𝒓 π’Šπ’” π’”π’•π’“π’π’π’ˆπ’†π’“ 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆. 𝑨𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒐𝒗�...
78.3K 2.5K 15
I knew he was no good. I was right all along, I was just another chick he fucked on. What happens when another man comes along? | All Rights Reserve...