Fixed Marriage [Slow Updates]

By writingviolet

Yoo Jiae and Kim Myungsoo (also known as L) have two different personalities. Jiae is your typical girl-next... More

Chapter I
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV (Part 1)
Chapter XIV (part 2)
Chapter XV

Chapter II

504 16 7
By writingviolet

JIAE

"Jiae? Are you still with us?" Jisoo snapped her fingers at me.

"Huh? What? Was I missing something?"

"Lately, you've been in a daze. Are you sure you're alright?" Kei asked me.

Truth to be told, I couldn't think straight for the past week. Yes, past week which means next is the official announcement of my engagement with Mr. Jerk Head Myungsoo and the bad thing is that I haven't told the girls about it.

"Jiae?" Mijoo pulled me out of my trance.

"Ji, the five of us have been the best of friends since birth. You know you can tell us if something's bothering you." Soul said.

I sighed. I should really tell them honestly. I can't bear to hurt them.

"I'm engaged." I breathed out.

"What?!" the four of them shrieked.

"When? How did it happen?" Kei asked.

"Actually, the news came to me last week. Next week would be the engagement party where we would announce it officially to the media and the public. And truthfully, I'm not ready at all." I told them as I hit my head on the table we were eating our lunch in the cafeteria.

"Wait, wait, and wait. You left out the most important detail." Mijoo said.

"Who's the guy you're set to be engaged?" Jisoo asked.

"Kim Myungsoo." I answered lifelessly.

"Hold on a second, Kim Myungsoo?" Baby Soul asked to which I nodded.

"THE Kim Myungsoo, the only heir to Magenta Prime Holdings?" She asked once more and I nodded again to which she gasped.

"Do you know him?" I asked her. Right now, I'm completely confused.

"Technically, yes. Well, two years ago, his parents offered an arranged marriage between the two of us but mom and dad turned down since I'm too young for that stuff and I'm not ready." Soul said.

Lucky Sujeong, I thought. My parents couldn't understand my situation. Didn't they know I'm too young to go on with that? Don't they know that we're living the 21st Century and fixed marriages are so outdated? There's only one answer to it, not.

"But why would they force you into a marriage?" Jisoo asked.

"Magenta and Tiger are planning to do a merger. I guess they couldn't think of another way besides arranged marriage. I'm so doomed." I cried.

No one spoke. They knew too well that they don't know how it is to be in my shoes. As soon as the bell rang for afternoon classes rang, we walked to our rooms and continued daydreaming until the day ended.

----

Finally, My inner self rejoiced since the last bell for today went off.

"I so need that bubble bath I've been craving for the past days." I stretched my aching muscles.

"Don't stay in the tub for too long. We still have many projects to accomplish tonight." Kei reminded. Oh yes, they're coming for a sleepover and to finish the projects.

"Yeah, don't stay for too long because last time, we thought you drowned yourself to death only to find out you were just sleeping." Sujeong joked resulting to our eruption of laughter. These girls really know how to cheer me up.

We were chatting and joking along when we stopped on our tracks to notice a swarm of girls crowding near our cars. Yes, our cars, because I've started using my car. I can't risk on getting scolded by my mother dearest.

"What's going on?" Jisoo asked one girl out of curiosity.

"One of the hottest guys in Royal Oaks High School came here in his Aston Martin DB9." The girl answered and continued squealing.

I think I broke my eardrum.

"Do you know who this guy is?" Mijoo asked another.

"Yeah, he and his group of friends dominated the female and majority of the male population in Royal Oaks. They're so handsome and talented and smart and handsome." The girl said dreamily.

She said 'handsome' twice. Should I tell them? I want to tell it to them as a joke but never mind.

"That's not what she meant. We mean do you know the name of the guy?" Soul asked frustratingly as the girl continued shouting like there's no tomorrow. Am I exaggerating, because from the looks of her, I'm definitely not? I'm stating the truth. Trust me.

"For crying out loud, can't you just go to him and ask him who he is? If you do, we'd give you a million thanks." She retorted and matched it with rolling of the eyes.

So much for being a girl, she's a, uhmmm, how do I put this? A biatch.

"Let's just go. We're wasting time." Kei declared and went to our vehicles. Good thing they weren't damaged but I really wanted to see who the guy was so I jumped and jumped until I could take a look on him. When I did, I totally regretted it because he and I shared eye contact and he's now making way towards me. I quickly got in and attempted to turn on the ignition.

"Damn car!" I hit the steering wheel as the car hadn't roared its engine to life. I heard a knock from my tinted window.

Shoot, he's here! Should I open?

I was in the middle of arguing between my consciences when my phone rang.

"What?" I snapped at the caller. Sorry, I didn't mean to but right now, I'm pissed and you called at the wrong time, dude.

"Is that how you greet your fiancée? Wow. "I know this damn voice too well and excuse me, fiancée? We're not official till next week.

"The nerve of you! What do you want?" I glared. If only my eyes could produce laser beams, this car would be scratched and burned.

"Aren't you going to open the car door? Girls are clinging onto me." I looked outside and there he was, Kim Myungsoo with his infamous smirk.

Remind me to punch him square in the face when we're alone. He's so going to regret it.

"Let them, it's your fault for coming here. Don't get me involved." I spat out.

"Look, our mothers wanted me to pick you up from school personally so don't go blaming on me, Ms. Sassy Pants." He bit back.

"Can't they call me instead, Mr. Jerk Head?" I argued.

"Just get out." He glared.

I have no choice. I got out only to be greeted by murmurs.

O-kay, can't they get a life?

I know, I know, I'm being a bad girl but who cares, I'm not one for good reputation (although I have). I just want to be carefree Jiae. That's all.

"I'm out, now what do you want?" I glared at him.

"Should I tell you what?"

"Answer me, will ya? I ain't got time for that." I told him.

"Seriously?" he asked me as if I just made a bad sickening joke but seeing that I didn't have any clue what he was talking about, he gave up. "Come with me. Your mom and my mom need us to be with them."

"How about my car?" I asked.

"Someone will take care of it." He answered as he got to his car. I followed suit and got in the passenger seat and buckled my seatbelt.

"Now, where are we heading to?" I asked him after a good five minutes of silence in the car.

"They said I'd drop you in a fashion boutique, Diamond Apparel. They didn't tell me, aside from dropping you off." He answered, eyes trained on the road ahead.

Suddenly, my phone rang.

"Hello?"

"..."

"Sorry, but I can't. It turns out; mom had scheduled something for me."

"..."

"I know. Tell them I'm really sorry. You know I can't ditch my mother. She'd burn me alive if I did."

"..."

"Is it today he'd be coming?"

"..."

"I didn't know that."

"..."

"Tell him I said hi."

"..."

"Okay, bye. Take care, alright."

"..."

"Don't worry, I'm fine. Yeah, okay, bye."

I quickly hung up.

"Who was that?" L asked me as soon as I put my phone inside my bag.

"One of my girlfriends." I answered nonchalantly.

"You're a lesbian?!" he looked at me as if I grew another head.

"Not that, you dimwit, she's one of my best friends." I glared at him while he sheepishly smiled at me.

"What she said?"

"She asked me if the group study and the project making plus the sleep over would push through but I told her not since mom planned something already. She also informed me that her cousin from Canada just came back. Nothing much we've talked about." I told him.

He didn't spoke once again because I'm too preoccupied also to say something.

I may not get married yet but having a fiancée this early is really bothering me. What would happen to me? Would I still live the same life I had when I was still single?

I came back to reality when the car stopped.

"Are we here?" I looked at the driver.

"Doesn't it look like?" he retorted that I have to roll my eyes.

"Whatever." I said as I went out.

The boutique wasn't too small or too big. It's just an average size but many dresses and outfits and anything that girls wear are in store. There are also a wide range of selection of shoes, bags and accessories.

"Jiae, darling, good thing you came." Mom engulfed me in a hug.

"Did L send you here?" Myungsoo's mother asked. Ironic isn't it that she's going to be my mother-in-law and I don't know her name still.

I only nodded.

"That's great!" she clapped her hands.

"Excuse me, madams, but is she the one we're fitting these clothes." A woman, in her late twenties, came to us, perhaps the saleslady of the boutique. She doesn't look like the owner, though.

"Yes." Both of our mothers nodded happily.

"She is a fine young lady alright." The owner said. Don't flatter me. I'm far from a fine young lady you're talking about. I tried not to roll my eyes.

"This way, Miss Yoo." She smiled as she showed me the way.

After hours of trying and fitting tons of sets of clothes, they finally decided on one.

It was already 8:30 in the evening when we ate dinner, just the three of us.

"Honey, is it okay if L will be the one to send you home? Your mother and I have somewhere else to go." L's mother, whose name is still unknown, told me.

"Yeah, sure, as long as it doesn't bother him." I said.

"Oh, nonsense, I called him and he's on his way. Should we stay with you until he comes?" she asked.

"No, no, I'm fine by myself. You can go ahead. I'm pretty sure it's important." I gave her an assuring smile.

"Fine, well, take care, alright." She kissed my cheeks after saying.

As soon as they were gone, I sent a text message.

To: Mr. Jerk Head

Don't bother fetching me. I already asked Kei to get me. ^_^

I actually lied but I immediately received a reply from him.

That was fast.

From: Mr. Jerk Head

Why?

To: Mr. Jerk Head

I don't want to bother someone like you... ^~^

From: Mr. Jerk Head

Don't! I'd be killed by my mother if she knows about this. I'll be there in five minutes.

Reading his last text made me feel guilty because:

Firstly, I know how it feels to experience the wrath of your mother, especially when you come from an influential family, everything gets uptight.

Secondly, I don't want to bother him. Just by looking at the time (which is nine-thirty in the evening), you wouldn't want to disturb a person.

Thirdly, well I really don't have one but for the sake of saying something smart, I have thirdly.

So I replied,

Fine, just make fast, I'm already sleepy... ~_~

It didn't take long for him to arrive because just as I was about to sit on the sidewalk, I could see his car's headlight.

Stopping in front of me, I quickly got in and fastened.

"Well, someone's in a hurry." He commented.

"Shut up and drive. I'm too tired." I snapped.

"O-kay." He said as he started the engine, "Geez, no need to get hot headed."

"Just drive." I said and drifted off to sleep.

----

MYUNGSOO

I stopped the car just in front of their mansion. I don't want to get in but if they want, I'd be glad to.

I looked at the person next to me only to find out that she's already sleeping.

Tsk, is she for real?

I hesitated if I should wake her up or not but then the latter choice won. I rang the buzzer a man's voice came through.

"Good evening and welcome to the Yoo Manor. May I know who I am speaking with and your reason for coming here?"

"Uh, good evening too, I'm Kim Myungsoo. Jiae is with me but she's asleep in my car. Can you please open the gates for me to drive in?"

"Oh, Mr. Kim, if I'm not mistaken, you're the fiancée of Miss Yoo, right?"

"Yes," I curtly answered.

"Well then, come in." The man said and the gates automatically opened.

I went in my car and drove to the entrance. As soon as the car was settled, I carried Sulli all the way to her room with the help of their housekeeper, Mrs. Baek.

"Would you like to stay for a cup of coffee?" she invited.

"No, thanks, I'll go ahead now." I said.

"If you're comfortable with it, take care on your way, um..."

"Myungsoo"

"Take care on your way, Master Myungsoo." She gently smiled and bowed.

I was about to say something but my ringing phone prevented me to.

"Excuse me but I'll take this. Good bye and good night." I said before I headed out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.4K 647 38
˚ · . "Welcome to FPE Oneshots!, feel free to make requests." ╰┈➤ ✎ 𝙍𝙚𝙦𝙪𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙨 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙘𝙡𝙤𝙨...
242K 5.5K 56
❝ i loved you so hard for a time, i've tried to ration it out all my life. ❞ kate martin x fem! oc
88.8K 2.3K 33
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...