Anbum Aranum Udaiththaayin

By Random_Sparks

அன்பும் அறனும் உடைத்தாயின் இல்வாழ்க்கை பண்பும் பயனும் அது. Can marriage be held in name of virtue with no lov... More

Vidhi
Thuyaram
Kaamam
Mana Kumaral
Nerukku Ner
Mudivu
Kilarchi
Kulappam
Avachol
Ninaivugal
Purakkanipu
Aravanaippu
Thelivu
Azhutham
Akkarai
Anbu
Unardhal
Vethanai
Ellai
Kovam
Oppudhal
Pirivu
Sandhipu
Kaarpulli
Nallinakam
Nokkam
Kutra Unarchi
Vivagarathu
Unavagam
Illam
Ketuvai
Thaniyaga
Payirrunar
Pudavai
Sondham
Thirumanam
Udanpirappu
Irppu
Unarchi Purvam
Katandhu Pogum
Avan
Nambikai
Sudari
Pathukappu
Soan papadi
Kalangam
Unmai Tharunam
Varama Sabhama?
Uyir Uruvaadha
Tharunam
Anandha Naatkal
Munmozhivu
Yosanai
Edhirgalam
Niraivu
Varutham
Senkathire
Emmatram
Grahapravesam
Poruppu
Kudumbam
Suya Mariyadhai
Urudhi
Alosanai
Pilavu
Arivuruthal
Nermai
Kadai Thirappu
Dhooram
Samarasam
Amaidhi
En Jeevan
Mogathirai
Nee Naan Naam
Nerukkam
Pathirikkai
Polivu
Ennavale
Marudhani
Maangalyam
Theeranadhi
Kootu Kudumbam
Irudhiurai
Nandrigal 🙏🏽

Parisu

1.1K 146 77
By Random_Sparks

November 24th – 2019

Weeks passed and Kathir felt Mullai was getting closer to him. She always found few minutes a day to sit and chat and ask about his day once he is back home. He started looking forward to those conversations before retiring to bed. He still has difficulties keeping his emotions at bay, but learnt to appreciate the friendship they share and cherish those moments. He kept consoling him that his feelings might fade if he starts seeing her leading a happy with his brother.

They were all in the shop and surprisingly Kanna was also with them as he had an early day off in college. It was Mullai's birthday in few days and Kathir wanted to make her feel special the same way she made him feel on his birthday. He had broken his head finding ideas for the gift and finally zeroed on and had it all ready. He was not sure what his brother has planned and could not mutter energy to bring up the topic without embarrassing himself.

Brothers had fun time pulling Kanna's leg and as usual, all topics end in food, when it comes to Kanna.

"Briyani, Parotta salna...indha mathiri elam veetla kedaikadhu illa. Kadaiyil thana kedaikum?"

Moorthy was enjoying the antics of his baby brother.

"Ha ha ha. Seri da, nalaiku night Dhanatha samaika venamnu solidalam. Nee ketadha vangitu vetuku polam. Seriya?"

"Anney!" squealed Kanna. " Nalai kalichu Mulla anniku porandha nalu. Anaiku vangalama?

Vetla elar porandha nalaukum Mullai annium Dhanam anniyum avalavu samachanga, so avanga birthday ku leave vitudalam", Kanna continued sounding all excited.

"Marandhey pochu da. Indha nala yosanaiya irukey. Apdiyey panidalam. Sethu cake kuda vangitu. Andha pulla vandha aparam, nama veetla ella porandha nalukum cake vetaromey", Moorthy gave ok to the plans the younger one was making.

"Seri Anniku pudicha color enna?", Kanna questioned no one in particular while Kathir blurted without thinking "Neela color da" and hit him using his towel around his neck glad that his job was made easy and walked to arrange goods for the next delivery.

Kanna was busy in planning, that he did not realize the stare Kumaresan mama was giving Kathir.

"Jeeva anney, enna gift kuduka pora anniku?", asked Kanna getting all excited about the party already.

"Theriyala da. Inum yosikala da", Jeeva answered honestly.

"Waste Anney nee."

Kathir was feeling anxious if Jeeva would get something she appreciated while Kanna and Jeeva planned for rest of the party.

Finally, Mullai's birthday came and Jeeva went to pick her up from her house in the evening while others decorated the house. After she came home, as a norm, cake was cut and gifts were being extended to her.

Dhanam had given her a orange saree with green border and Jeeva had presented her a gold chain. She looked at Jeeva to show her appreciation, while his eyes were averted elsewhere. She decided to thank him for his effort when Dhanam jumped in

"Pudichu iruka? Rendula edhu select panradhunu theriyama irunduchu. Unaku idhu pudikumnu enaku thonuchu adhan"

Realization hit Mullai at that moment, that it must have been Dhanam who would have given ideas and, also one who would have chosen the gift. She had seen this behavior during Kathir birthday too.

"Nala iruku ka. Thanks", Mullai thanked her.

"Ada. Elam unga Jeeva mama kudukara gift. Naan chumma kuda than ponean. Unga Jeeva mamakey thanks sollu.", she said naughtily knocking her arm.

Mullai just nodded masking her disappointment and turned away to stop the lone tear fighting to roll on her cheeks. Turning towards her room, she saw Kathir standing with a box on his hand and a big frown on his face. She stared at him and he put the box behind him and walked away from all towards his room.

Kathir was disturbed and dejected. No matter how hard he tries, he cannot make Mullai happy. He saw hurt in her eyes and now he had no heart to give the gift this to her. This is going to make her sadder knowing that Jeeva put less effort than him to select her gift. If only his anni had kept quiet, he growled . In anger, he threw the gift in his hand into one corner of the room.

He did not wish her nor went out to talk to her as they usually do. He was in no mood to see her cry today. It was close to 11.45.  Though he had no mood to sleep, he stood up to set ready his mat and sombu for the night.

"Kathiru", Mullai spoke as she entered the room and he turned around to look at her, his eyes brimming in shock.

"Nee inga?" he mumbled, confusion laced his face when Mullai shut the door and stepped towards him. This was the first time she came inside his room. He knows she has come before to clean, but never when he was there.

"En gift enga Kathiru?" she asked and his face showed his discomfort.

"Naan edhuvum vaangala", He stammered and she knew he was obviously lying.

"Oh! Nejama?", she inquired when her eyes landed on the box lying on the floor.

"Apo blue cover la pack panni irukey. Adhu enna?", she pointed towards the corner of the floor and his own face turned red in embarrassment.

Hesitating a bit, he leaned forward and pulled the box in his hand into hers.

"Aww avalavu azhaga iruku", she admitted tracking her hands over the jimkki's in the box. There were 8 in total, in different size, shape and color as per her liking. While she was dwelling in its beauty, she realized something hard in the bottom of the box.

"Adhu velai jasthi elam illa. Sadha kamal than.", kathir admitted, looking at it with contempt. He realized there was no sound from her and saw her frozen with tears in her eyes.

He immediately panicked and moved a step closer to her "Mulla. Azhariya?"

She could not see him or hear him. Her mind was going through a whirlpool of emotions seeing the book in her hand. It was the first edition of her favorite book of Sujatha and it had a hand written note from Kathir with a timestamp on it, just as she has it marked on all her owned books.

Her hands shook while she read his note

Pirandha naal vazhukal Mulla! Epavum sirichutu sandhosama iru.

Ipadiku, Kathir

First editions are rare and there is no way; he could have got this without proper planning and struggle. She stood there, not able to move and words choked. She burst crying lost in emotions not caring about the surrounding or if anyone could hear her cry.

Kathir did not understand why she was crying and held her around the elbow. She looked at him with tear drenched eyes and stammered

"Ka..th..ir..uuu" while she flung her hand around him with such force that he buckled a little and buried her face in his chest and cried drowning in happiness.

Kathir not expecting this lost his balance when she flew into his arms and he had to hold onto a shelf nearby for balance. He looked at her crying like a baby in his arms. He looked at how vulnerable she was. Gone was the women who faked happiness in front of all and laughed to mask her feelings. Right now, in his room she was within his arm completely raw and unfiltered.

He heard her mumble between the cry "Thanks Kathiru" without looking at him. His expression changed at her words and his voice came out as a whisper "Nejama pudichu iruka?"

"Hmm" she hummed into his chest and he felt heat rise to his cheeks. He held on to the shelf tighter fearing any moment he would lose his control and hug her back.

"Adhuku apo en Azhara?", he asked. They were now talking in hushed whispers as if they did not want to wake someone up.

"Idhu enaku romba special. Romba bathirama vechupean Kathiru"

It was getting out of hand, he didn't need to hear these things from her now. He removed the hand from shelf and rested it below her chin lifting her head up. His eyes bored into hers and their breath hitched at their proximity. He blinked to have a clear look at her face and her eyes mimicked his feelings. They were hooded in the most delicious way possible and her lips were parched right now. He felt her breath on his chin and his hand around the chin went to hold her cheek. Maybe it was the longing or the fact that she was within his arms, his body seemed to lose whatever control it had and he leaned in closer. When he was about to kiss, suddenly both pulled away simultaneously realizing the intensity of what they did.

"Thirumbavum Pirandha naal vazhukal. Nee poi thungu Mulla", he sounded flustered, the tips of his ears turning bright red.

"S..seri", she left the room in the speed of light, leaving him hot, bothered and guilty at what just happened.

He sat down grumpily looking at the clock as it stuck 12.

Present – Kathir Room

Kathir called Mullai multiple times during the day. He even left message hoping she would return it. He had never used messaging until one day he had to message Mullai. He sat with the phone for some time until he figured out a way, while bullied by his mama. Somehow, till date, he didn't get opportunity to message anyone else his acquired skills other than her.

He was getting restless as the day passed and when Mullai did not return his call. Later in the night, he was sitting in his room staring at his phone hoping it would ring. He knew she was not interested to talk to him and clearly stated in his message that he had to hand out something to her and would not bother her. Still she choose to ignore him. He picked the phone to call her one more time.

Meanwhile – Mullai Room

Mullai had ignored his call and message all day. She kept tossing and turning on the bed trying her best to let the sleep dominate her but failed. At about 12 am, she finally got up from the bed and opened a treasure box where she kept her personal diary and few important items. She picked up the book Kathir gifted her on her birthday. She brushed gently against it, reminiscing her good times with Kathir. She missed his friendship, she missed the little talks with him, and she missed the way he made her feel.

She did not know why she was crying but could not stop the tears flowing down her cheeks. She had no idea what made her so sad. Maybe the fact he hurt her badly and that she considered him as a close friend and the friendship did not last long.

She wanted to talk to him, she wanted to ask him the reason behind his behavior and why he kissed her. She wanted to slap him for the kiss and pounce on him for making her miserable even now remembering every minute of that day.

However, she cannot do any of these things. She just curled in a corner and looked at the phone when it rang with his name. She was debating to pick the call or not, when the call got cut. She got a message immediately

En kuda pesa venam. Saidhiram Mandapathuku matum vandhudu

Mullai was deciding whether to call him or not. At the end, she finally switched the phone off and decided to get the papers from the shop rather than meeting him alone. Even meeting Jeeva in a shop would be a lot better than seeing Kathir alone.

Next day dawned and Mullai was feeling very anxious. She cannot deny the fact she missed Kathir but at the same time loathed the way he had treated her. He knew about Jeeva and hide it from her for a year. Feelings of anger and helplessness took over. She had never been the one to wallow in self-pity and totally, opposite of that was exactly happening with her. She picked up the phone and finally dialed his number..One..twice..and she didn't remember how many times. He did not respond and she threw the phone on the floor with anger and frustration. She decided to go to the shop in the early afternoon, when Kathir would be away for delivery and never wished to see his face again.

At the same time, Kathir came back from his bath to see multiple missed calls from her. He cursed his luck and immediately dialed her number and it went unanswered. This was fate; he self-palmed him. He waited all day and night with phone in his hand and the time she picks to call is the 10 minutes he parted it. However, it did not make him grumpy. He was in an exceptionally good mood after a very long time. Mullai was still avoiding him. Nothing has changed between them. Nevertheless, just the thought of seeing her brought happiness. He did not care anymore if she will talk to him or not, as he made up his mind to get content with just a glimpse of her.

Later that day – Pandian Stores

It was a comparatively busy day at work. Kathir was fully engrossed in delivery work, so he could call it a day early to meet Mullai. He left for the last delivery and Mullai visited pandian stores at that time.

She signed a relief when she saw Kumaresan appa alone in the shop. He was courteous to her and even made her laugh couple of times. She wanted to escape before Kathir or Jeeva reached the shop.

"Appa. Pathiratha enga appa kita kudututu solunga, naan aparam avar kita anupi vechudarean", she conveyed

"Amadi. Naan than ipadi othaiyil irukean. Pandian pasanga elam kalyanam panni, pulla kuttyoda sandhosama rukanumnu patha ipadi agudhu. ", Kumaresan mama teared up

"Neum enaku ponnu than ma. Nenga enna mudivu yedukanumnu naan solla mudiyadhu. Aana, nee epavum sandhosama iurkanum ma. Adhan en aasai", he blessed her.

Mullai was feeling happy that Kumaresan appa wished her happiness, when she heard someone singing "Naan oru mutalunga" in a happy high pitched tone. She heard the familiar voice from behind and it made her heart race. She turned around to see Kathir entering the shop singing merrily. He had not noticed her yet, and was walking toward his mama when his eyes flicked to hers. Different emotions swirled through them as he looked at her from head to toe checking if she was real.

Both stood there not talking a word. Mullai developed a sudden disdain towards Kathir when she noticed his happy mood became sour seeing her. A sudden anger swept through her and she fled the shop in jet speed.

Kathir stood there not knowing what to do. Making up the mind, he rushed behind her in full speed calling out for her "Mulla..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

342K 29.5K 73
Ashaangi story💜☃️❄..... plѕ ѕuppσrt🤝 ít rєαdєrєччччѕѕѕѕ.... ungαlσdα ѕuggєѕtíσnѕ solunga.commєnt your víєwѕ αвσut thíѕ plσt whєthєr should í cont...
119K 15.4K 100
This is yet another KM story. Read further to know
1.5K 146 6
இது நகைச்சுவை கலந்த துப்பறியும் கதை. ஒரே நாளில் கொலையாளியை கண்டுபுடித்துவிடும் நம் உலகின் மிகசிறந்த துப்பறிவாளனின் ஒரு சிறுகதை. என் எழுத்துக்கள் பொழ...