Dead Beat ✔(Editing)[1]

By Vanshika231

Formerly known as "Never Let Go - Trapped" Caitlyn King has a sweet, loving fiancé whom she is getting marrie... More

Prologue
Chapters
Male and female lead cast
Chapter 1 : Gift for fiancé (new)
Chapter 2 : The Stranger (new)
Chapter 3 : The Deal (new)
Chapter 4 : Stark grey eyes (new)
Chapter 5 : The guest (new)
Chapter 6 : Feast by Beast (new)
Chapter 7 : Glorius heartbreak (new)
Chapter 8 : Hell broke (new)
Chapter 9 : Sour manners (new)
Chapter 10 : Wedding plannings (new)
Chapter 11 : Tied knot (new)
Chapter 12 : Fire & Ice (new)
Chapter 13 : Wine effect (new)
Chapter 13 [Curly troubles]
Chapter 14 [Ruler of hell]
Chapter 15 [Son of bettle]
Chapter 16 [Neck fetish]
Chapter 17 [Fun in boring life]
Chapter 18 [Invitations]
Chapter 19 [Phone and red]
Chapter 20[Too easy]
Chapter 21 [Brother copy]
Chapter 22 [Royality check]
Chapter 23 [A sadist]
Chapter 24 [Crazy rambles]
Chapter 25 [Room details]
Chapter 26 [First mistake]
Chapter 27 [Make her care]
Chapter 28 [Bitter reality]
Explaination!
Chapter 29 [Running away]
Chapter 30 [Tragedies happen]
Chapter 31 [In blood]
Chapter 32 [The threats]
Chapter 33 [Lips to lips]
Chapter 34 [Please no]
Chapter 35 [Girly talks]
Chapter 36 [Lock in room]
Chapter 38 [The intimacy]
Chapter 39 [True face]
Chapter 40 [Lizard, pig]
Chapter 41 [The promise]
Chapter 42 [Wait, what]
Chapter 43 [Love kiss]
Chapter 44 [Pool of embarrassment]
Chapter 45 [Short blouses]
Chapter 46 [Italy chase]
Chapter 47 [The handcuffs]
Review
Completed & Sequel!
Chased By Him
His Good Girl
covers for the book
Under the Bedsheets

Chapter 37 [Handsome man]

2.8K 176 87
By Vanshika231

"Getting drunk is what is written in my fate. I mean, look at me Richard. My mother ditched me and went along with that Bradford.  Why would she do that?" I screeched as my voice slurred.

After the so called party was over, I had driven away to a bar in which luckily Richard was also there, drinking his guts out. Just like me. We both should have been siblings or better twins. Because both of ours luck is shit and we have the same problem, Black Panther

"I know, your mother betrayed her sweet daughter and with Bra—Mr. Bradford. But there is nothing wrong in that. What badly wrong is what is happening to me! Mr. Bradford is literally blackmailing me to marry. I—I just hate him so much."

I snorted angrily as he justified my problem and flicked it away with a wave of his hand in air and presented his problem which his mind thought, was way more important than mine one.

"You know what? Mr. Bradford did the right thing with you. A heartless person like you should be given this treatment only. You behave as if you are a puppy of my fucking husband. And I won't be surprised even you would be. Wait–the fuck—are you gay? Is that why you don't want to marry a girl?" 

His eyes widened as his face grew more red. Earlier it was red due to anger and helplessness but now I'm not too sure about it. He groaned and slammed his head on his head, glaring at me. 

Does that mean?

He did not deny.

My eyes twinkled with happiness as my mind geared in different directions, trying all the possibilities. My face broke into a grin. I jumped off from my seat and clutched his hand hopefully, 

"You know Richard? I have had always wanted a gay friend. I will make you my friend if you help me out. I know you like Mr. Bradford and I can help you to get settled with him. Just your one word and I w—" I flinched and left his hand as he ended up marinating at me,

"Shut up! Just keep quiet. Are you even in your senses? Because, I'm sure as hell that I'm not after drinking four bottles of vodka. But get one thing straight that I Am Straight. I am not a gay. And even if I would've been a gay, I would have definitely not liked Mr. Bradford. Mind it, never ever would I think of Mr. Bradford like that. He is just too heartless. Heck, I can't believe till now that he is blackmailing me!" 

Poor, poor Richard.

"Thank god, he did the same with somebody else too. I'm happy now that atleast now you would be able to understand my pain." I muttered and realised a sigh gleefully before turning my gaze to Richard looking at me with his mouth open.

"You are just like him." He cried while again slamming his head on the bonnet of the counter. 

"Ah, shut up. Atleast, you have the choice to marry a person of your own choice but what happened with me? He made me marry him!"

"You are narrating as if my boss is cruel! Don't say such things about him!" He warned as he narrowed his eyes at him and glared at me.

"Y–You are soooo annoying. Go and suck his dick, you moron." I shouted as I too glared at him.

The world around me seemed to be dancing and flowing in the air, just like a bird. I felt light headed and more stress-free. In my not so sober condition also, I knew this was the effect of alcohol I had consumed the entire day. It was quite surprising that I was able to see only one Richard till now.

See, I'm a smart drunk, right?

"That's your work, not mine." Richard retorted as he smirked in my direction while gulping one more swig from his bottle.

I scrunched my nose in disgust and glared at him immensely. He is not gonna get his lesson, right? I looked around to see chocolate candies decorated in a bowl with the ice. Quite delicious. I snorted angrily and picked a bunch in my hand and waited for it to melt in my hands.

"Did you say something?" I feigned innocence and frowned at him.

"Yes, sucking his d—" I grinned mischievously and smudgedthe chocolate candies on his face as he screamed due to the sudden attack.

"Suits you. Now shut your mouth before I tell Mr. Bradford to beat the shit out of you." I sneered as I wiped my hands with the wet wipes kept in corner.

"Fuck you." He cursed.

"Richard! "

My eyes widened as I turned my head towards my back to see a man fuming as his nose flared. He seemed to be familiar. Where have I seen him? Recall, Caity. Recall.

"S–Si–Sir!" Richard stuttered as he stood up from him seat but soon fell backwards after stumbling on his legs. I giggled and shook my head. I looked towards my superhero who just took a stand for me against this Richard.

"What is your name, baby?" I asked as I looked up at him and pouted sweetly. I leaned back attention counter and stretched my arms sexily. He clenched his jaw and sighed while glaring at me.

"How much have you had?"

I giggled and shook my head,

"I won't tell you, handsome. First you tell me your name."

He muttered something under his breathe and closed his eyes. He opened his eyes and looked at Richard who was leaning on counter with his bottle in his head. He seemed to be counting the bottles in his hand. How many were they?

Fourteen,

No! Twenty one.

How many?

I shook my head and looked intensely at the bottles and counted again, fifty. Yes, fifty bottles were in his hand. I pouted,

"Tell me your name, baby?"

"Theodre."

I blinked and turned my neck swiftly towards him. He was on his phone, talking to someone. I took that chance to stand up and walk up to him. As soon as I stood up, my legs stumbled like a melted candy but I did not give up.

I walked upto him slowly while looking at him intensely. His lips were so sweet and plump. They seemed more delicious when he was talking. I checked his jaw which looked more sharp than a razor. I wondered if it would cut my hand if I touch it.

His eyes hardened as he looked at me who was standing just in front of him. I raised my hands and kept on his jaw. I squirmed and giggled as his slight stubble pierced my palm. It did not cut my hand, though.

"You are so sexy, T–Theodore." I slurred and continued to trail my hand on his face and neck. His eyes became blank as he looked at me with a small glint of emotion which my drunken brain could not decipher.

"Repeat."

"You are so sexy." I obliged like the good girl I was. His voice seemed to be more deep and hoarse. It was contagious and intoxicating which lured me more towards him.

"No. Repeat my name."

"Oh. Theodore. You know, my husband's name is same as yours?"

He chuckled and nodded his head.

"What if I say, I'm your husband only?" 

I laughed while shaking my head at him.

"No, never. I wouldn't believe you because he never smiles and you just smiled." I pouted and put my hands on his neck and inhaled his scent. I grinned as his shoulders twitched. 

"I affect you, don't I? Why not spend the night together?" I proposed as I batted you eyelashes at him seductively.

"Tell me, Caitlyn. How many bottles have you had?" He hissed as he raked his hand through his hairs.

"I don't know?" I shrugged as I nuzzled my face in his neck and kept my head on his shoulder.

I winced as he abruptly pulled me away from himself and shook my body,

"Stand straight till my driver comes." 

I saluted and grinned at him, "Yes, sir."

I exhaled exhaustedly and eyed my seat back and pondered over to go there or not. Richard was also busy and this handsome man was also having mood swings. Now, I was left on my own.

I strode confidently till over there while stumbling a bit. I looked around to see that the bar was almost vacant, but why? For god's sake, it was a bar and the midnight just started. I pouted and looked at Theodore to only see him staring back at him strangely with an amused expression. 

"Sir, I'm here." I blinked and looked past Theodore to see a well built man in white shirt and pants.

"Take Richard back to his place."

"Right away, sir."

I picked up a piece of chocolate and popped it into my mouth and savored its sweet taste with my taste buds. I moaned into it and looked around frantically to find that my friend Richard was gone. I huffed and looked at the bottles on the counter.

I smiled and picked up the first bottle but weirdly my hand passed through it and nothing came into my hand. I raised my hand to pick up the second bottle but again I got nothing. I groaned and shook my head to get some sense back into my head.

I tried again with my blurred vision but failed miserably. I shrieked as my hand was grabbed by a masculine one and I was suddenly hauled up in the arms of the same sexy and handsome man.

So, I don't mind. Anyways, his touch was familiar and somewhat soothing. As far as I didn't feel uncomfortable, nothing mattered.

"Mhmmm. I love your scent. You should fight my husband and become my husband. He is rude and haughty. Yes, fastidious too." I complained and hooked my hands more tightly on his neck. 

"Shouldn't we tell your husband, what you think of him?" 

I looked at him wide eyes and shook my head frantically. 

"Are you mad? Do you even know who he is? He would have your head for dinner!" I chuckled lightly and leaned my head on his shoulder again.

"Really?"

"Yes, really." I slurred and blinked two three times to regain my consciousness. 

"Wouldn't your husband be angry on you if he would get to know that you are spending the night with me?"

"Ah, he would be. But. Fuck him and his face. I don't give a shit about him. He doesn't care about me. He just loves his reputation and business. And his family too in which unluckily I don't come." I said gloomily while closing my eyes peacefully. I didn't know why but my heart sunk in sadness and all the liveliness I was feeling, flew away

"Do you really think that?"

"Hmm."

"Sleep, linn. Sleep."

♤■■■♤

I squirmed and opened my eyes to see that I was in Mr. Bradford's house? I looked around to see that lights were turned off but the red lamps were still lightened. Is it still night? I looked out of window from bed to see the night view of New York. I breathed deeply and looked up at the ceiling to see three fans overlapping each other.

I groaned frustratingly as my back was itching due to the high temperature in the room. It was so hot. I crawled to the side table lazily and picked up the remote to switch on the AC. I glared at the piece of clothing I was wearing. A blazer?

I threw it at the floor after removing it in a haste. I bit my lip and pondered if I should remove my dress or not. Well, fuck, because I'm going to remove it. I raised my hands and unzipped the dress and moaned as it fell to the floor, near my foot.

It felt so nice to feel the cool air on skin without any clothes. I was about to unhook my bra when the door to closet opened. I screamed loudly and staggered back to bed when I saw someone coming out of it.

My eyes further widened as I saw Theodore staring back at me with a towel wrapped around his neck. I gulped as I looked down further to see that he had only wore a loose pant which hung low on his waist. 

My breathe got shallower as he shut the door with his foot and decreased the distance between us. My throat parched as I looked at his shaved chest with water dripping on his honeyed skin. His hairs were wet while his lips looked sweet red and more plump. His abs were to die for.

"Caitlyn, go back and sleep. Right now." He bit out. I shook my head denying to give in to his command this time. I felt him brush my arm and knew he'd moved behind me, the warmth of his chest blanketing my back.

I fisted my hands as I tried to resist the urge to lean back into him. He leaned into my back, pushing his chest into my back. I wanted to feel his hands on my bare skin but then my mind did not want it. 

Mr. Bradford, he would be very furious if he gets to know about this.

"Get back under the covers, wife. You don't want to know what would happen next, Caitlyn." He warned as my body chilled due to the sudden loss of warmth coming from his body.

I craned my neck  and looked back to see him throwing the towel on the sofa. I sucked a deep breathe as my heart pumped with fear. I knew it was not an empty threat. 

Gulping down the thick clog of fear from my throat, I pressed again. "No. I feel hot."

"I'm sure you do but I don't recall giving you an option to stay awake. So, go back and sleep." 

"Why are you behaving like my grumpy husband? I thought, you were nice..." I threw back but trailed off, confused on my own. 

"Ahhh, are you again back on your drama?" He yelled out and threw his hands in the air dramatically. I just stayed still and tried to solve the mystery in my mind. He walked elegantly towards me and caught the inside of my elbow and yanked me towards him.

He wrapped an arm wound my waist, keeping me glued to his chest as he walked us to the bed. My breathed got more shallower as he stroked my hairs before fisting it, jerking my head up to get a better look. I trembled under his heated gaze and looked at him wide eyed.

"Trust me, Caitlyn. Go to sleep." He whispered lowly while burying his face into my hair. I shivered as his warm breathe fell onto my neck. He pulled my hair back sharply so that I was facing ceiling. I winced as I held his hands.  

"N–Not today. I–I want to kiss you, can I?" I blurted. I bit my lip and closed my eyes in embarrassment due to the sudden demand.

"You are good at screwing my patience, do you know?"

"Screw me, please."

♤■■■♤

Vote and comment, please!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

193K 7.4K 31
[Book 2 in the Secret series] "That's not what I meant..." I chew on my lip. "Well, what the fuck did you mean then?" He shouts. "When I'm there I d...
397K 14.2K 42
You have no idea how much I need boring. Two years after the murder of her parents Caia is finally ready to start anew. New name, new town, new schoo...
4.8M 216K 80
❝Hollywood is scary. She is scarier.❞ • • • The night before their marriage, Emily Pinault catches her fiancé in the act of cheating. Completely deva...
10.7M 74.9K 22
(Sample. Watch out for the official book release on January 31, 2015!) The women in Brianne Montgomery's family have a curse. And she isn't going t...