CURSES AND CANDIES - REMUS LU...

By drowninginparagraphs

in which the war truly begins with a single word "better luck next time" ✧──────✧ part two of two all rankin... More

𝑡𝑤𝑜.
𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.
𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟.
𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒.
𝑠𝑖𝑥.
𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛.
𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡.
𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒.
𝑡𝑒𝑛.
𝑒𝑙𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛.
𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑙𝑣𝑒.
𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛.
𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛.
𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛.
𝑠𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛.
𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛.
𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛.
𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛.
𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦.
𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑜𝑛𝑒.
𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑡𝑤𝑜.
𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.
𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟.
𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒.
𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑖𝑥.
𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛.
𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡.
𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒.
𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦.
𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑜𝑛𝑒.
𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑡𝑤𝑜.
𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.
𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟.
𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒.
𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑖𝑥.
𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛.
𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡.
𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒.
𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦.
𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑜𝑛𝑒.
𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑡𝑤𝑜.
𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.
𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟.
𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒.
𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑖𝑥.
𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛.
𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡.
𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒.
𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦.
𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦 𝑜𝑛𝑒.
𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦 𝑡𝑤𝑜.
𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.
𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟.
𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒.
𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑖𝑥.
𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛.
𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦 𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡.
𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦 𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒.
𝑠𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑦.
𝑠𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑦 𝑜𝑛𝑒.
𝑠𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑦 𝑡𝑤𝑜.
𝑠𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.
𝑠𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟.
𝑠𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒.
𝑠𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑖𝑥.
𝑠𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛.
𝑠𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑦 𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡.
𝑠𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑦 𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒.
𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦.
𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑜𝑛𝑒.
𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑡𝑤𝑜.
𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.
𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟.
𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒.
𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑖𝑥.
𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛.
𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡.
𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒.
𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑦.
𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑦 𝑜𝑛𝑒.
𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑦 𝑡𝑤𝑜.
𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.
𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟.
𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒.
𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑖𝑥.
𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛.
𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑦 𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡.
𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑦 𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒.
𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑦.
𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑦 𝑜𝑛𝑒.
𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑦 𝑡𝑤𝑜.
𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.
𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟.
𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒.
𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑖𝑥.
𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛.
𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑦 𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡.
𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑦 𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒.
𝑜𝑛𝑒 ℎ𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑑
𝑜𝑛𝑒 ℎ𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑜𝑛𝑒.
𝑜𝑛𝑒 ℎ𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡𝑤𝑜.
𝑜𝑛𝑒 ℎ𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.
𝑜𝑛𝑒 ℎ𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟.
𝑜𝑛𝑒 ℎ𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒.
𝑜𝑛𝑒 ℎ𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑠𝑖𝑥.
𝑜𝑛𝑒 ℎ𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛.
𝑜𝑛𝑒 ℎ𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡.
𝑜𝑛𝑒 ℎ𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒.
𝑜𝑛𝑒 ℎ𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡𝑒𝑛 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑜𝑛𝑒.
𝑜𝑛𝑒 ℎ𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡𝑒𝑛 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑡𝑤𝑜.
𝑜𝑛𝑒 ℎ𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡𝑒𝑛 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.
𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒

𝑜𝑛𝑒.

23.9K 399 250
By drowninginparagraphs

THIS IS BOOK #2 - WILL NOT MAKE SENSE AT ALL GO READ BOOK #1 ON MY PROFILE

anyways enjoy

The seven animals huddled together looked like one happy pack in the high ceilings of Dumbledore's office. That was, until one of them slowly began to dissolve until there were only a few silvery specks left, and then nothing. The fox was gone from the group of patronuses.

"Why'd you stop yours?" Remus asked, and then suddenly realizing how empty his hand was with a small pit in his stomach. "Hollis?"

The wolf dissolved as well the instant a negative emotion or thought found its way into Remus's mind. All of the animals began to disappear in turn as the Gryffindors noticed Hollis's disappearance.

"Did any of you guys see her leave?" James asked with a frown as he tucked his wand back into the pocket embedded in the scarlet interior of his pocket. "Remus?"

Remus shook his head and looked at the amber and gold sliver of torchlight cutting across the stone floor and grape colored carpet. Hollis must have left not too long ago.

"No, she was like a ghost," Remus replied with a frown.

There was a gut feeling in his stomach that Lily voiced right as he was about to.

"Something feels wrong," the redhead said softly as she stared at the cracked open, heavy wooden door. "Or am I going crazy?"

The other six all shook their heads in confirmation that they had a sudden wave of disturbance washing over them.

"No, I feel it too," Sirius murmured, running a hand through his dark hair.

It was like an invisible yet powerful string had been attached to their stomachs and was pulling them in any direction but where they were right now.

Peter glanced behind them, and seeing that all the other Order members were distracted by their patronuses, he nodded at the other five.

"Let's go," Remus declared in a low tone, leading the way to the door with fiercely determined yet quiet footsteps that he had learned how to practice from so many nights of sneaking around with Hollis.

Wrapping his hand around the thick, twisted, steel handle, Remus was the first to file out into the cool, open air corridor. The others followed, and Sirius already had the Map pulled out of his pocket.

Marlene and Lily watched in confusion as Sirius pulled out his wand and pressed the tip against the blank piece of parchment.

"What are you doing?" Marlene asked Sirius with furrowed blonde eyebrows. "What is that?"

The four boys exchanged a glance that said it felt wrong to tell someone else about the Map without Hollis. It was all five of theirs, not just the boy's to reveal.

"Could you excuse us for a moment?" James said, not a question at all but a statement.

Once they were out of earshot from the two annoyed Gryffindors, Sirius completed the opening of the Map.

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good," Sirius declared in a whisper.

Remus could have sworn that he had never seen the ink on the Map blossom slower. Everything seemed to be moving in slow motion, nothing was happening quick enough.

The instant the greeting was finsihed, each of them grabbed a side of the Map and unfolded it as quickly as they could.

"Merlin, Hollis, where did you go?" muttered Remus, scrathcing the back of his head with the hand that wasn't supporting part of the Map.

The flickering torchlight wasn't helping visibilty of the tiny, moving text, and Remus had the idea at the exact time as James to pull out his wand.

"Lumos."

The consistently bright white light lit up the Map better, and Peter was the one to locate Hollis.

"I got her!" Peter exclaimed happily, but was quickly shushed by the other three boys.

"Where?" Remus asked in a whisper, and Peter pointed to the Slytherin girls dormitories.

James and Sirius similtaniously checked their watches and saw that it was only nine o'clock in the evening. Hollis was a night owl, the earliest they had ever seen her go to bed was eleven at night, and that was because she had been up for two days straight studying for their O.W.L's.

"It's only nine," James said with a frown, showing Remus and Peter his watch, the glass glinting against the pure, pale light of Remus's wand. "What in Merlin's beard is going on with her?"

There was something a bit more concerning to both Remus and Peter.

"It doesn't really matter if she's just tired, why didn't she tell us?" Peter asked with a frown and glance at James for answers. "To leave without a word is just so-"

"Not her," Remus finished. "She wouldn't want us to worry, ever. Which can be a bit irriataing, but that's something none of us have been able to get Hol to stop."

"And to do it on her own accord-" James continued.

"Is not good at all," Sirius declared.

The four boys exchanged yet another worried look before looking back down at the Map at the little ribbon reading Hollis Rosier.

"Well, she's alone," Remus pointed out with reassurance in his tone. "As long as she's alone, we don't have to do anything to protect her."

All of the boys took a bit of comfort in that, but not enough to completely soothe their thoughts.

"And we'll see her in the morning," James pointed out. "At breakfast, then we can ask her what's going on. It'll all be fine."

He sounded like he was trying to convince himself. None of them could shake that awful gut feeling.

"I'm going to watch the Map," Remus said confidently and with slight disappointment in the others. "This is weird and wrong. How can none of you see that?"

James, Sirius, and Peter were all hurt by these accusatory words.

"We do, mate," James said with a slight shake in his voice. "But what can we do, she's in her dorms?"

"You're right, I'm sorry," Remus apologized with a shake of his head. "I'm just worried as hell."

Sirius clutched the Map tighter in his hands.

"You don't have to watch it alone," Sirius said with a warm tone that he rarely used unless it came to doing something to help Hollis.

"Yea," added on Peter with a small smile to Remus. "We'll take shifts."

And as the long hours of the night strecthed on until they could see Hollis, all four of the Gryffindors ended up tracking the little name Hollis Rosier on the Map until the sun peeked through the steel lined windows of their scarlet and gold common room.

.。*゚+.*.。   ゚+..。*゚+

When Hollis made her way back to the Slytherin common room, she was only dimly aware of what was going on around her. To the outside passerbyer, the Rosier looked just like she did normally.

But on the inside, there was a battle raging between peace and rage.

As Hollis had stepped out of the library, there was a floating sensation as every thought and worry in her head had been wiped gently away, leaving nothing but a vague, untraceable happiness. It was a very easy feeling to sink into, the way that she no longer had to worry about anything she did.

But then there was the fierce part of Hollis's conciousness that was screaming at her to wake up. The rest of her thoughts were not her own, they were someone else's telling her to be a person that she was not.

There were no specific instuctions given by the toneless voice, only to be what was expected of her.

A haughty, cruel, manipulative Rosier who only cared about blood purity and keeping her family line pure.

On the inside, Hollis felt like she was witheirng away.

The only thing that Hollis had been able to control was herself.

And now that was gone, too.

omg u guys this is going to be so amazing - i have to much planned

1.3k words

what do u wanna see?

VOTE! - it rly helps

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.9K 385 24
(Temporarily Discontinued) Hermione Granger had enough. When she dies saving the wizarding world in The Battle Of Hogwarts, she wants a second chance...
653K 22.7K 120
𝘪𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘵𝘸𝘰 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘬𝘦𝘦𝘱 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘱 𝘢 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘬�...
4.8K 331 8
❝ I'm with him. For better or for worse. ❞ ❝ I thought you hated him ❞ ❝ I... I never hated him... He knows me more than I know myself ❞ IN WHICH 𝐡�...
361K 16K 62
WARNING: CURRENTLY BEING RE-WRITTEN - Old version will be removed when it is caught up KISMET /ˈkɪzmɛt/ ???? ???????; ????. Olivia King had found the...