son amour - j. potter

By dracomalfoyslils1ut

The Marauders. They're not just friends, they're family. Padfoot, Prongs, Moony, and Vixen. The fourth Marau... More

zero
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
fifty
fifty one
fifty two
fifty three
fifty four
fifty five
fifty six
fifty seven
fifty eight
fifty nine
sixty
sixty one
sixty two
epilogue
lucille

forty one

4.9K 164 62
By dracomalfoyslils1ut

I woke up the next morning with a throbbing headache. Surprisingly, I woke up in my bed next to James, which I don't know how because I don't remember anything after seeing James and the rest of the boys at the second club.

My small red dress that I wore last night was still on, and my heels in scattered across the bedroom floor.

James shifted beside me in bed as he began to wake up.

I tapped him on the shoulder, "James-, wake up, darling."

His hazel eyes opened sleepily, "Huh?"

"Do you remember anything from last night?"

There was another set of shifting on the other side of James, "Shut the fuck up, my head is pounding."

I sat up slightly and saw Sirius's face smushed against James' pillow, his long hair fanned around him.

"Padfoot," I said hesitantly, "Why are you in our bed?"

James held a finger to my lips, shushing me, "Dear, I love you, but it sounds like you're yelling."

Sirius sat up against our headboard, "All I can say is that I only remember Remus and Lily attempting to wrangle us all up and bring us home sometime after three in the morning, and somehow I ended up here."

There was a groan coming from the floor, "Shut the fuck up, I'm still trying to sleep."

This time James sat up in bed, clutching his head. I glanced to the floor and made eye contact with Remus.

"Moony? Why are you also in our bedroom?" James asked in a defeated tone.

Remus looked at his watch, "Because Regulus and Jolie are sleeping in the guest bedroom, and Lily and Marlene are asleep on your couch. Dorcas and Alice were the only ones sober enough to get home safely, aside from Lily and I."

"Exactly," Sirius huffed, "So that's why I'm in your bed."

James looked at his best friend. "Wait-, so I was cuddling with you, not Daph?"

"Most likely, yes." Remus replied as he got up from his makeshift bed on the floor.

I reached across my fiancé to hit Sirius in the chest. "We're getting married tomorrow, you can't keep crawling into bed with us."

Sirius threw his hands up in the air dramatically, "So no sleepovers?"

James' eyes widened, "You can't take away our sleepover rights."

"I wasn't going to," I groaned, "Bloody hell I need a Pepper-Up potion for this wicked hangover."

"There's some in the bathroom, solely for hangovers." James replied as he flopped back down onto our bed.

Remus, being the most amazing person to ever walk the Earth, gladly fetched a Pepper-Up potion from the master bathroom, and handed it to me as he sat down on the edge of the bed.

I took a gulp of the peppery tasting liquid and passed it to James, who did the same. He coughed at the taste as he passed the large bottle to Sirius, the latter taking two large swigs of the potion.

"I drank the most out of all of us, so an extra dose won't hurt."

The potion quickly took effect in dimming the wicked hangover that had been pounding in my head. My headache and nausea disappeared and it no longer felt like someone was smacking me in the head with a sledgehammer when I sat up and got out of bed.

I grabbed the bottle of Pepper-Up potion from Sirius, "I'll go distribute this to all of the other people who somehow ended up crashing at our house last night."

The hardwood creaked softly under my feet as I walked down the hallway to the guest bedroom. I held my hand to the door and debated whether or not to knock, deciding that you could never be sure about Jolie and Reg, I softly knocked on the door.

There was a groan on the other side of the door, "Come in."

I stifled a laugh as I walked into the bedroom. Jolie was buried underneath the duvet, not moving except for the slight shift every time she took a breath. Regulus had his eyes shielded from the hallway light with his arm.

"Good morning, I've brought a cure to the hangover that I assume is kicking your arse at the moment." I said softly, handing the bottle to Regulus.

Regulus took the bottle from my hand and took a swig, before attempting to wake up Jolie.

He tapped her shoulder lightly, "Hey-, Jo-,"

"Shut the fuck up."

He rolled his blue-grey eyes, "No, you need to wake up."

Jolie groaned and pulled the blankets over her head.

"Daphne brought a hangover cure."

The blonde sat straight up, clutching her head from the sudden movement, and took the potion from Regulus.

She handed the bottle back to me with a sigh, "Well isn't it just a lovely morning."

Regulus and I exchanged a glance at Jolie's complete 360 in behavior.

"Well, as you were, I'm going to make coffee." I grinned, slipping back into the hallway.

Jolie followed me down the hallway, "Aren't you excited? This time tomorrow you'll be getting ready for your wedding."

Our footsteps were soft against the oak stairs as we descended the steps.

"I'm very excited, although I woke up with three men in my bed this morning, as well as a wicked hangover-, which is thankfully gone now." I rambled on as we set foot into the living room. "But yes, I am very excited to get married, and even more excited to be on vacation, alone, for two weeks."

Jolie smirked, "Three men, you say?"

I rolled my eyes at my best friend.

In the living room, Marlene was still passed out on the couch with a thick blanket pulled up to her shoulders. Her normally perfect hair was scattered around her messily.

Voices were coming from the kitchen, belonging to Lily and Remus, the latter must have slipped past me to the kitchen.

"Good morning."

Lily and Remus both turned towards me, coffee mugs in their hands. Remus handed me a third mug from the counter as Lily pulled me into a hug.

"It's the bride-to-be!" The redhead exclaimed, "You better get your bag packed for tomorrow."

I smiled, "All of the essentials for tomorrow are packed, we'll leave for the Potter's before dinner, and my bag for the honeymoon is packed."

"I don't even want to know what's in there." Remus teased.

Jolie, who had slipped into the kitchen after tending to Marlene's hangover laughed, "I helped pack it, and let me just say-"

I gave Jolie a threatening glance, "Breakfast, anyone?"

• • • • •

Since the Potter manor was a lovely estate, with beautiful gardens and a ballroom, it was without a doubt the best place for a wedding.

After stepping out of the fireplace my senses were immediately filled with the smell of food, the sound of chattering people, and the sight of wizards, witches, and house elves bustling about the house.

As soon as our arrival was noticed, the chaos seemed to slow down.

Euphemia sped into the living room, her floral apron on, "Oh, they're here!"

James and I stepped aside to make room for Regulus, Jolie, Sirius, and Remus's arrival via the fireplace, as Euphemia Potter pulled us both into a hug.

"Aren't you both so excited? We've been running around like dimwits to make sure everything is perfect." My mother-in-law to be stated.

There was a spark of green flames, followed by a puff of smoke, as Remus and Sirius stepped out of the fireplace. Despite still living at the Potter's, they set down their bags from last night as Euphemia reached out to hug them.

The stairs creaked slightly as Fleamont Potter came down the stairs, a stack of papers tucked under his arm. "Welcome home, sorry for the absolute chaos."

James hugged his father, "Good to see you, Dad, how's the business doing?"

"As good as ever," Fleamont replied as he hugged me, "However, it would be better if you endorsed it instead of having your hair stick out every which way."

Sirius hugged his father next, "That's what I keep telling him."

The fireplace burst into flames once again as Regulus and Jolie stepped into the crowded living room of the manor.

"The maid of honor is here!" Jolie joked as Euphemia wrapped her arms tightly around Regulus and Jolie.

There was a crack of apparation and the Potter's house-elf, Alma, was standing in front of us.

"Hello Masters and Mistresses, Alma is so excited to see you. Can Alma take your bags to your rooms?"

I smiled, "Yes, thank you so much, Alma."

"Alma is most excited for the wedding." She replied, fiddling with the hem of her tea skirt, "Will Mistress Beaufort be having her own room for tonight."

Jolie came up from behind me and draped her arms over my shoulders, "Yes please, it's bad luck to see the bride the day of the wedding."

"And Prongs is quite superstitious." Remus teased.

James grinned, "Yes I am."

With the snap of her fingers, Alma sent our bags up the stairs and into our rooms before disappearing to the kitchen.

I looked out the window at the backyard, which was dusted with the perfect amount of snow. Chairs were being set up, along with an altar.

Surprisingly, the sight of an altar didn't make me nervous.

"It looks beautiful," I exclaimed as I turned my attention back to the group, "It's going to be a beautiful wedding."

James wrapped his arms around my shoulders, "When's your family going to get here?"

I sighed, "Tomorrow morning."

When we had first gotten engaged, I wrote to my family to let them know. My dad was excited for me, as well as Beatrice, my mum didn't respond, and Henry was indifferent, most likely because he's having a phase, and Sebastian was excited.

When the invitations got sent out, my dad cleared his work calendar and responded on behalf of the rest of our family, and Sebastian and his girlfriend, Penelope, responded quickly saying that they could make it.

I just want to enjoy the last eighteen hours of peace before my borderline psychotic mother gets here.

"Wonderful," Euphemia clapped her hands, "Dinner should be ready shortly, until then you're all free to get settled or help with wedding stuff."

Regulus kissed his mother on the cheek, "Thanks, mum."

All of the boys kissed Euphemia on the cheek before bolting up the stairs muttering about something that I couldn't hear.

Fleamont mentioned something about checking on the preparations for tomorrow and went up to his office.

Despite James being the only born son of Euphemia and Fleamont, all four of the boys were like sons to them.

"Well, I guess we should go get settled." I stated, hanging my coat on the coat rack in the foyer.

Euphemia smiled, "As much as I love having four sons, I'm glad that I have a daughter too." She glanced at Jolie, "Hopefully two daughters."

"And I'm glad to have you as a mother," I replied, "And I'm excited to officially be apart of your family."

Jolie laughed softly, "Me too, however, it'll be a few years before Reg and I even think about getting married."

Euphemia smiled, "Regardless, you're both my daughters."

She hugged the two of us before ushering us upstairs to get settled before dinner.

Once I reached the top of the stairs, it felt weird to not be going into James' room, but the one next to it. Jolie followed me, mumbling something promiscuous about our honeymoon.

I began to unpack the things from my trunk, taking my wedding dress from the top to hang up in the wardrobe so that it wouldn't wrinkle.

"Having any doubts?" Jolie asked as she sat down on the edge of the bed in my temporary bedroom.

I pulled out my wand from my pocket and cast an anti-wrinkling spell on my wedding dress before sitting down next to my best friend.

My eyes met her icy blue ones, "Not at all. I've been waiting for tomorrow for a long time."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 616 72
The Marauders once again return to Hogwarts, this time for their fifth and most adventurous year. James, Sirius, and Peter approach the end of their...
2.2M 71.8K 49
❝I think-I think I'm in love. I know it sounds crazy, but I really think she's the one.❞ ••••• Naomi Serdeys is peculiar, that was for sure. Despite...
279 8 9
"ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ɪꜱɴ'ᴛ ꜱᴘʟɪᴛ ɪɴᴛᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ꜱʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴꜱ. ᴡᴇ ᴀʟʟ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴅᴀʀᴋɴᴇꜱꜱ ɪɴꜱɪᴅᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴜꜱ. ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀꜱ ɪꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄʜᴏᴏꜱᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀᴄᴛ ᴏɴ." ...
280K 6.9K 38
Skylar Potter, sister of James Potter. They're in the same year, but he's a whopping ten months older. James is the favorite. He's older, better at...