𝐎𝐍 𝐌𝐘 πŽπ–π, 𝗀𝖺𝗅𝗅𝗒

By Maze_Wolf_Mcu_

After they escaped the maze. Y/n sticks with the group, but she's not the same after Gally died. But that doe... More

Book Two
Characters
Prologue
Chapter 1: Safe
Chapter 2: Y/n!
Chapter 3: W.C.K.D.
Chapter 4: Escape From W.C.K.D.
Chapter 5: Cranks
Chapter 6: The Scorch
Chapter 7: The Storm
Chapter 9: Crank Chase
Chapter 10: Marcus
Chapter 11: The Right Arm
Chapter 12: Betrayal
Chapter 13: They Won't Stop
Finished
Book Three Out Now

Chapter 8: Brenda and Jorge

3.1K 100 23
By Maze_Wolf_Mcu_

~Y/n P.O.V.~

Next thing we knew, we were hanging by our feet in front of a giant hole.

"Good plan, Thomas. "Just hear what the man has to say." Really working out for us." Minho spoke up, making a sarcastic comment.

Thomas scoffed, grumbling under his breath, "Shut up, Minho." Then he tried grabbing at the rope that was tied on our ankles. "Maybe I can reach the rope."

After a couple more seconds, he gave up, sighing in frusteration.

"Enjoying the view?" Jorge spoke up, walking into the room we were in.

"What the hell do you want?" I questioned, irritated.

"That is the question. My men want to sell you back to Wicked. Life has taught them to think small. I'm not like that. Something tells me that you're not either." The older man says.

"Is the blood rushing to my head or is this shank not making any sense?" Minho sarcastically said.

Jorge ignored him, looking at my brother, "Tell me what you know about the Right Arm."

"I thought you said they were ghosts." Newt reminded.

"I happen to believe in ghosts. Especially when I hear them chattering on the airwaves." He walked towards a lever, laying his hand on it. "You tell me what you know, and maybe we can make a deal."

"We don't know much." Thomas shrugged.

Clearly, Jorge didn't like that answer. He pushed the lever down, making us drop a foot. We grunted as Thomas yelled out, giving in.

"Okay! Okay, alright. They're hiding in the mountains. And they attacked Wicked. They got out a bunch of kids. That's it. That's all we know." Thomas put his hands up in surrender, answering the truth.

Jorge walked forward, opening his mouth to speak, but someone else beat him to it.

"Yo, Jorge." I looked to the voice, seeing a bald, bigger man walking in. "What's going on?"

"Me and my friends were just getting acquainted. We're done now." Jorge answered before walking away.

"Hey, wait." Thomas stopped him before he could leave fully. "You're not gonna help us?"

"Don't worry, hermano. We'll get you back to where you belong. Hang tight." And with that, he left the room.

~

We came up with a plan to free ourselves. Thomas had pushed me towards Minho, so then Minho would push me to the lever, considering I was closest. Finally, Minho pushed me towards it, but not hard enough.

We all groaned in frustration that I wasn't able to reach it. Minho pushed again, but once again, I couldn't reach.

"Come on, Minho. Push her harder!" Newt encouraged.

Minho grabbed me by my waist again, "This is it. One... two... three!" He pushed much stronger, making me finally grab onto the railing.

Everyone cheered, words leaving their mouths like "yes." I turned myself up right, reaching for the lever.

"Y/n, hurry!" Thomas exclaimed.

Finally, I pulled the lever, setting everyone, including myself down more than a foot. I turned around to sit on my butt, untying the rope from my ankles before helping Teresa up, untying her rope.

As I was helping Thomas and Teresa was helping Newt, a whirring sound of a helicopter outside the building was heard, before a familiar voice spoke up.

"Good evening! This is the World Catastrophe Killzone Department." It was Janson. Wicked found us. "We have your compound completely surrounded. You find yourselves, through no fault of your own... in possession of Wicked property. Return them to us unharmed and we'll consider this a sample misunderstanding. Or you can resist... and every last one of you will die. It won't be long before the Flare wipes out the rest of us. The hope of a cure lies in your hands. The choice is yours."

As Janson was speaking, we were finally getting everyone free. Teresa and I had gotten Thomas and Newt, then we got Frypan, Minho, Aris.

"Okay. Let's go, let's go." Thomas ushered.

We started to run out the room, but only to be stopped by the big bald man that had walked in earlier when Jorge was interrogating us.

Thomas put his hands up as Minho, Newt, and him pushed me behind them, standing in front of my protectively, "We're not trying to cause any trouble, okay? We just got to get out of here."

"Is that so?" He pulled out a radio, holding it to his face. "Janson, I got 'em for ya. I'm bringing 'em down. Don't shoot us." He put it away. "Come on. Let's go."

Instead of obeying, Thomas lunged at him, the two of them fighting over the gun. A trigger went off, but I didn't see anything on Thomas, nor us. 

The man got Thomas off of him, aiming the gun, "You little bastard!"

Before he could shoot my brother or any of us, another gunshot rang through the air. We had wide eyes as we watched the man fall to the ground. I looked up, seeing the girl from earlier standing there, her gun going down, smoke leaving out of it.

She shot him.

"Okay. Come on." She ushered, expecting us to follow her as she started walking away.

We didn't. We continued looking at her with wide eyes. She saw that we weren't and groaned in annoyance, rolling her eyes.

"Come on. Let's go."

This time, we ran behind her. As we were, I heard music playing through out the building, making me look around in confusion.

"Brenda!" Jorge shouted from above us. "Hurry! We don't have much time! Let's go, let's go, let's go!"

We ran up some stairs as Jorge ran to a glass door, us following. He opened it, revealing nothing but another building on the other side. A zipline was held between the two buildings.

"You gotta be kidding me." Frypan commented.

"Plan B, hermano. You kids wanna get to the Right Arm? I'll lead you to them. But you're gonna owe me. Follow me!" Jorge explained before he had grabbed a piece of cloth, sliding down the zipline, across to the other building.

"Alright! Let's go!" Brenda ushered, handing everyone a piece of cloth.

Everyone had gone except for me, Teresa, Thomas, and Brenda. Teresa was next to go. She looked at me and I could see some fear in her eyes.

I rested my hand on her shoulder, "I'll be right behind you." I knew she was worried about me.

She reluctantly nodded, sliding down. Thomas was next as Brenda handed him some cloth. He looked at me with weary eyes, to which I nodded assuringly. As he was about to go down, I saw Brenda run away to another room.

"Brenda! Where are you going?" I called but got no answer.

"Y/n..." Thomas trailed off.

I turned to my older brother, "Go, Thomas. I'll be right there." He narrowed his eyes on me. "Thomas, go!"

Finally, he slid down on the rope, making his way to the others as I ran after Brenda.

"Brenda, come on." I exclaimed.

"I got it." She informed as we made our way back, but we were blocked off as we saw some Wicked guards making their way up the stairs.

No way were we gonna make it back.

Brenda pulled out a gun, shooting at them. I walked backwards a little, jumping slightly.

"Go! Go! Go!" She started pushing me back.

We ran down a small skinny hallway, Brenda running in front of me. I dodge all their shots that was coming to us. 

"Come on, hurry! We're running out of time!" She called back.

We quickly ran down some stairs. Brenda had stopped in her tracks, making stop too. I followed her gaze, seeing more Wicked guards coming towards us, guns in hand.

"Here, follow me!" She spoke up. I watched as she stepped on a pipe beside us. "Come on!"

"Stop!" I heard a voice behind me. I turned around, seeing more of Wicked's guards running down the stairs, after me. "Stay right where you are!"

I quickly followed Brenda onto the pipe, balancing myself as I lightly jogged.

"No, we need them." I heard one of the guards state.

I stopped halfway, looking over my shoulder, seeing a guard a couple feet away. He aimed his gun at me.

"Kid, don't move!" He demanded.

I turned back to where Brenda was, "Brenda, where we going?"

"Hurry!" Was her answer.

I quickly followed after her just as an explosion behind me went off. I stumbled to the railing that Brenda climbed over looking back, seeing the huge explosion happening.

"Y/n! Come on!" Brenda yelled.

Obeying, I climbed over the rail just as the building started to fall. We stumbled before running, jumping into an elevator shaft, sliding down onto the rope. We stumbled to the floor as we made it to the bottom of the elevator shoot.

I heard many things above us as I looked up, seeing stuff falling into the elevator from the explosion. Me and Brenda frantically got to our feet, jumping out before getting crushed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.4K 1K 29
Gally X reader. It is a Soulmate AU and is the second book in the Soulmates of the Glade series. This is (Y/n) in the scorch without Gally, and she g...
29.6K 640 27
After watching Gally die in front of her (Y/n) finds herself running in the scorch haunted by the memory of the love of her life. She continues to ha...
34.5K 964 17
They escaped the maze. They were safe. Or were they, really? The world was scorched, sand everywhere, buildings broken down, creatures hunting their...
13.8K 256 32
Y/N was one of the first people sent up by WCKD. After over two years, a brunette boy comes up in the box and turns her life upside down. This is ba...