My Protector (Lloyd X Reader)

By PhoenixBTS

Long before time had a name, the First Spinjitzu Master created Ninjago using four elemental weapons. But whe... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Author's note

Chapter 10

3.9K 76 6
By PhoenixBTS

"You must do everything in your power to stop the Great Devourer. Go, Ninja, go! Yes," Wu says before his students watch as he and Pythor get swallowed by the gigantic snake. 

"Sensei," Kai says.

"No," Jay says as the Devourer roars and turns to them. "Oh, maybe if we stand perfectly still..."

"Run!" Kai says.

Jay trips. "Wait! Wait for me!" He screams.

"Fire up the engines. I said fire up the engines!" Nya says.

"But, there's no wind," Y/n says.

"And we only have reserved fuel," Lloyd adds.

"Use it," Nya says as the Ninja make it to the Destiny's Bounty. 

"Uh, hate to tell you this, but objects in the mirror are closer than they appear," Jay informs.

"Working on it. Blasters on full," Nya says as they take off.

"Whoo-hoo!" Kai cheers. "Take that, you stupid snake."

"Uh, I think it heard you," Jay says, watching the snake.

"Nya, we gotta go faster. That thing is gaining on us."

"We're going as fast as we can. I'll try to make it to Scattered Canyon."

"Probability of us making it that far is less than 8 percent," Zane states.

"Never tell me the odds!"

"It's coming in for another attack. Portside," Cole says as the boat turns.

"We're losing speed. We'll drop to the ground pretty soon," Lloyd informs.

"Throw everything overboard," Nya instructs.

"What?"

"We need to lose some weight."

"Portside!" Lloyd yells as the ninja throw stuff overboard.

The Devourer consumes all the abandoned objects, growing to be much bigger.

"Man, he sure is hungry. Does anyone else think the Devourer looks bigger than it did before?" Jay asks, making sure that he wasn't seeing things.

"The more it consumes, the bigger it gets. Don't throw anything else overboard," Cole says.

"Phew. We made it to Scattered Canyons. Hold on!"

"Ah, we lost him," Cole says as the Devourer slices off an engine.

"Oh, come on. You stupid snake!" Y/n groans.

"Abandon ship!" Nya says.

"Goodbye, old friend," Zane says as everyone jumps off and the Devourer consumes the whole Bounty without hesitation.

Y/n and Lloyd jump off and onto Nya's Samurai mech. Lloyd holds onto Y/n's waist as they fly in the air. Everyone then drives or flies away from the enormous snake, hiding in a cave.

"No!"

"Unh, it's gone," Cole comments as the snake disappear.

"Oh, that was too intense. All that action makes you so thirsty," Kai says.

"You can get off now," Y/n whispers as they blush, Lloyd helping Y/n up.

"There's no time to rest. We need to warn people before it becomes bigger," Zane says.

"Bigger? Bigger!?" Jay yells. "That thing in one big bite crushed our entire ship! We need to save as many as we can. Uh, uh, we'll find some kind of refuge, somewhere safe to hide. Ooh, the Serpentine Tombs. Yeah, they're underground. Sure, we'll be without sunlight for months, but they're perfect," Jay rants.

"And what? Just give up?" Cole asks.

"Anyway, the tombs are underground. I'm pretty sure that snake can burrow its way to us," Y/n comments.

"You know as well as I do, we have no chance at stopping that thing!" Jay yells.

"Hey, stop it!" Kai says.

"Listen to yourselves. Is this what Sensei Wu would've wanted? Us fighting? Running and hiding? Giving up?"

"But he's not here anymore," Lloyd says as everyone mourns.

"But his teachings live on," Kai says. "Sensei once told me it's not the size of a ninja in a fight, it's the size of the fight in the ninja. All this training, all of these battles we've had with skeletons and Serpentine. We've persevered through so much, we can't just give up now. A ninja never admits defeat. A ninja always picks himself up when he is down. Which is exactly what Sensei Wu would want us to do right now."

"But how do we destroy a snake of that magnitude?" Zane asks.

"Yeah, it's not like we have an extra Sacred Flute lying around to charm it. Or wait, haha, how about one of our awesome dragons?" Jay asks rhetorically. "Oh, I forgot. They took off and left us high and dry. Or, hey, what about our Golden Weapons? Which will do nothing against a snake that size. Heh, oh, we are so hooped."

"Ah, Jay's right. We would need a weapon so big," Cole says.

"Or an idea that's even bigger! Ha! Jay, you're a genius!" Kai compliments. "You thinking what I'm thinking?"

"Probably not, but go ahead," Jay replies.

"There's no time. I'll fill you guys in on the way."

"Kai, where are we going?" Y/n asks.

"We're going to destroy that snake once and for all."

"Why did we listen to Pythor?" Fangtom asks. "Unleashing the Great Devourer was a horrible idea. It's all your fault!"

"How was I supposed to know he was mad?" Skales asks.

"You were his right-hand man. You should've known better. The Devourer will eat us all," Fangtom replies as the Devourer approaches them.

Everyone screams before rushing into the Fangpyre Tomb.

"Out of my way, coward."

"You're the coward," Fangtom retorts before the tomb closes and the Devourer slithers past. 

"Good idea, Kai. If the Devourer likes to consume, this place is a full-on buffet," Cole says as they stood in the junkyard where Jay lived.

Jay sighs. "Looks like my parents are gone."

"Good, better for us," Kai says as he takes out a blueprint. 

"It's so awesome," Jay comments.

"Zane, you still have a recording of the Sacred Flute in your memory bank?" Kai asks.

"It might've been destroyed earlier, but I have its exact tone recorded and ready for playback," Zane says as he plays the recording.

"Good. And there should be enough spare parts around here to build this whopper. But we're going to need to create our biggest Tornado of Creation yet. This is going to be dangerous and we can't have anyone around," Kai says, Lloyd jumping to try to see the blueprint.

"Ugh. What's he doing here?" Cole asks, referring to the whistling mail deliverer as he and Kai run up to him. 

"Ah!" The mail carrier screams. "You Ninja are always sneaking around, giving people heart attacks. You're too quiet."

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you. But you need to get out of here, now," Kai says.

"Uh, well," The mail deliverer begins. "Now, I too have a job to do, and that's delivering the mail, which I plan to do," He says, pulling out letters for the Walkers as Jay takes them.

"Look, dude, my parents aren't even here. You really should be on your way," Jay says.

"Them, too? Uh, let me guess, are they at the 'Take Back Ninjago' rally too?"

"Uh, 'Take Back Ninjago' rally?" Jay asks.

"What, you guys haven't heard? Everyone's getting together for a rally in the city. You know, to raise awareness about all the Serpentine problems that have been surfacing lately."

"Whoa, would you look at that? You guys are inspirational," Lloyd comments.

"Wait a minute, you know what? You guys are right. Wherever you guys are, trouble is always around the corner," He says as the Devourer sneaks closer. "I think I'll be leaving now 'cause whatever you guys are up to, I want no part of it," He says, turning around. "Ah! S-s-snake!" He screams, jumping into a trash can. 

"Hey! It's now or never, guys! Ninja, go! Fire!"

"Earth!"

"Lightning!"

"Ice!"

The junk gets sucked into the tornado and forms a vehicle.

"Zane, now!" Kai says.
Zane plays the recording but the Devourer dodges. 

"Zane, what was that?" Cole asks. "This isn't target practice. You're supposed to hit him, not give him a haircut."

"May I remind you we just magically whipped up this heap of junk?"

"Well, I hope one of us created a reverse feature because...reverse!" Kai yells.

"How's this for reverse?" Jay asks as they hit a bunch of tires.

"I need your help holding him in place," Zane says.

"How's this?" Jay asks, using a grappling hook. "Got him!"

"Before it gets away! Now, Zane. Now! Take the shot."

"Charm your way out of this," Zane says as he shoots at the snake.

"It's working!" Cole cheers.

"It's got a weak spot," Kai notices, pointing to a glowing green spot on the snake's head. 

"What?"

"On its forehead. It's got a—" Kai says as the Devourer strikes at Zane with its tail.

"Zane!" Everyone yells as the Devourer yells. 

"Is everybody okay?" Cole asks.

"Where's Zane?" Lloyd asks.

"Right here," Zane says, emerging with the left side of his face missing, showing his robotic interior design. "That was close."

"Too close," Kai replies.

"Perfect. Now that was a total failure," Jay comments.

"Not total," Kai says. "Did you guys notice on his forehead? It has a weak spot."

"Oh, great, let me make a note of that," Jay says. "Giant snake has wee, itty-bitty weak spot that'll be," He says, raising his voice. "Totally impossible to get at because the thing is too ridiculously huge to do anything to stop it!"

"Are you done?" Nya asks.

"Ah, yes."

"Because things just got worse. Look."

"The snake's heading for Ninjago City," Y/n says.

"That's where my parents are," Jay says.

"So is everybody else," Cole adds.

"If it consumes the biggest city in all of Ninjago, there will be no stopping it."

"Hey, hey, what do we say? We want snakes to slither away. Hey, hey, what do we say? We want snakes to slither away. Hey, hey, what do we say? We want snakes to slither away. Hey, hey, what do we say..." The crowd attending the rally says.

"Huh. That's strange. The system is saying there's a train entering the city on Track 9," A worker says.

"Uh, we don't have any trains entering on Track 9," His colleague replies.

"Well, there's something big coming our way."

Citizens scream as they see the Devourer. Jay's parents try to start the jalopy, but it doesn't start. 

"Oh, boy. Oh, gosh. Oh, golly. Oh gosh," Ed says.

"Mom? Dad? Leave my parents alone! Lightning!"

"Fire!"

"Are you getting this?" A reporter asks.

"Roll camera," The cameraman replies.

"Mind if I borrow this?" Cole asks, throwing their van at the Devourer.

"Go, Ninja, go!"

"Ice!"

"Uh, I think we only made it mad," Jay comments.

"Yeah. That's pretty clear, Sherlock," Y/n says as Jay rolls his eyes.

"Traveler's Tea," Garmadon says as he enters Mystake's Tea Shop.

"Only a fool requests Traveler's Tea," She says as she turns around, seeing who she was talking to. "But you are not a fool. Uh, let me go get some in the back."

"And I am here live, caught in the middle of an epic Ninja versus snake battle. People, I have never seen bravery like this before. But I fear the Ninja are no match for a beast this size. People are recommended to flee or run away, waving their arms wildly while screaming like little children," The reporter says as the Devourer lunges at the scattered ninjas.

Nya, in her Samurai Mech, holds the snake's mouth opens with a light post. 

"Samurai to the rescue. Again," Jay says.

"Its breath smells worse than Cole's chili," Lloyd comments.

"Hey!" Cole retorted, offended.

"Get out of there, sis!" Kai
says.

"I can't! I'm stuck!" Nya says as the Ultra Dragon rescues Nya, Y/n, and Lloyd. 

"Rocky!" Cole cheers. "Our Dragons are back."

"It appears Dragons go through a metamorphosis when they reach adulthood. They too have found their True Potential," Zane says.

"Ha! They couldn't have come at a better time. Go get them, Rocky! Go!" Cole cheers as Shard blasts the Devourer with ice. 

"Ice!" Zane cheers. 

Flame then uses fire on the snake.

"Fire!" Kai yells as Wisp shocks the Devourer.

"Lightning!" Jay says before the Dragon slams itself into the snake. 

"Earth!" Cole cheers. "Can Dragons get any cooler? Seriously," Cole says.

"Yes! It's running away," Kai cheers as the Devourer strikes at the dragon with its tail. 

"No!" Everyone yells as the Ultra Dragon hits the ground. 

"No!"

"What now?" Nya asks as Lloyd turns around to see his father. 

"You came back!" He said, surprised.

"Give me the weapons. I am the only one who can handle the power of all four weapons at once. It's the only thing that'll defeat the Devourer," Garmadon says.

"Uh, I thought we were supposed to do everything in our power not to let him possess the weapons," Jay says.

"I've ran every other scenario through my servers. It appears to be the only way," Zane states.

"Give me the weapons," Garmadon presses.

"Kai?" Zane asks.

"Only I can destroy it," Garmadon explains. "Or prepare to watch—"

"Quit your yammering and just do it," Kai says, throwing his fire sword to Garmadon. "When you have a chance to make the blow, it has a weak spot near his forehead," He says as everyone but Jay gives Garmadon their weapons. 

"Uh, I don't think this needs to be said, but we're going to need these back," Jay says, giving up his weapon.

Garmadon chuckles. "I'll do my part. You just make sure he stays in one spot," He laughs before running away. 

"Stays in one spot?" Jay asks. "Stays in one spot!? How are we supposed to do that?"

"Don't forget: we're ninja," Kai says before they hatch a plan. 

"Come on, you overgrown worm. Take the bait. Come and get me. Whoa!" Kai says, running till he reaches Cole with the snake hot on his tail.

"Nice run. Now I'll take it from here. Whoo-hoo!" Cole cheers, leaping over buildings and to a construction site before the Devourer sees Jay. 

"Looking for me?" Jay asks rhetorically.

The Devourer lunges at him as Jay uses his powers to fly to the top floor after getting through some obstacles.

"What took you so long?" Zane asks jokingly.

"Save the humor, Zane. Now's not the time," Jay replies.

"Instead of a fire escape, how about an ice escape!" Zane says as they jump across on an ice slide. 

"Haha, nice one, Zane," Jay compliments.

When they fly off the slide, the Devourer opens its mouth open wide.

"No, no!" Jay screams.

"Now!" Kai says as the Ultra Dragon catches Jay and Zane just in time. 

"You think it's working?" Jay asks.

"We're about to find out," Kai says as they see the Devourer bite its own tail as they cheer. 

"We did it! Now, where's Garmadon? He's not going to hold on for much longer," Cole says.

"Look!" Lloyd says as the sky darkens where Garmadon is on a skyscraper's roof. "Dad!"

"You are the reason evil runs through my blood. You bit me once. Now feel what it's like to be bitten back," Garmadon says to the snake, unleashing purple energy. 

"Go get him, Dad," Lloyd says.

"Vengeance will be mine!" Garmadon says, jumping down and striking at the snake as it explodes and the venom spreads through the city as everyone cheers.

"He did it," Jay says.

"No, we did it!" Cole corrects.

The ninjas then find Ed and Edna.

"Ooh, our little ninja," Edna coos.

"Hey, there you are, you big lug," Cole says, petting the Ultra Dragon. "It's good to have you back."

"I don't see my dad," Lloyd says.

"He should be around here somewhere," Kai says.

"Your analysis is incorrect. He is not here," Zane says.

"He skedaddled," Y/n says.

"Then our Golden Weapons are gone too. Well, isn't that convenient?" Cole asks sarcastically.

"Look, his footsteps," Nya says.

"I have a feeling you'll see your father again soon," Kai says.

"I know, but that's what I'm afraid of," Lloyd says.

"Ah, Sensei Wu!" Cole says.

Nya gasps. "Wow."

"Ha! Would you look at that. He survived!" Jay says as they run to him.

"I can't tell you how glad I am to see you," Wu says, picking up his teapot. "The Devourer left a bad taste in my mouth," He says, drinking tea. "Ah. Much better. And still hot."

"It's good to have you back, uncle. But my father left, and he took the Golden Weapons," Lloyd says.

"Ah, very true. The ability of the weapon is truly great, but the ability to better oneself makes you limitless," Wu says.

"I couldn't have said it any better myself," Jay says.

"Besides, we have what is most important," Kai says. "The two of you."

"The pupils have become the masters."

"Are we really going to have to fight my father one day?" Lloyd asks.

"One day. But today we can feel good that Ninjago is saved, for tomorrow you will train for the day. Good will finally face evil and a final outcome will be decided for all of time," Wu replies.

"Uh, but don't worry. We're going to teach you everything we know," Kai says.

"And make sure you're prepared for that fight," Jay replies.

"Because as we all know, good will always stand up to evil," Cole says.

"And ninja will always stand up for what is right," Zane finishes.

"Go, Ninja. Go!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.4K 360 25
𝟬𝟬𝟭.┆ ⊱⋆。 ❛ 𝗙𝗔𝗜𝗧𝗛 ❜ ❝ in order for there to be 𝗹𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁, there must be 𝘀𝗵𝗮𝗱𝗼𝘄 ❞ ╰┈➤ - ͙۪۪̥˚┊❛ melanie himur...
228K 7.1K 94
Long before time had a name, Ninjago was created by the First Spinjitzu Master using the four golden Elemental weapons, whose powers were far two gre...
47.9K 1.6K 66
❝ SOMETIMES IN THE WIND OF CHANGE, WE FIND OUR OWN DIRECTION ❞ ☇ in which a girl that makes the wind blow falls for the guy as solid as rock. ° boo...
7.3K 174 11
Jay has always felt like the odd man out. It seems like he is always the last choice. But after a fight with the other ninja, it's the last straw for...