Patroness

By Lemon_Lima

Felicia Hardy is a young CIA operative with more secrets than the entire government combined. And it's not un... More

Cast
Chapter 1: The Hellfire Club
Chapter 2: Groovy Mutations
Chapter 3: Cerebro
Chapter 4: Euphoria
Chapter Five: From Russia with Frost
Chapter 6: Divulgence
Chapter 7: 214782 and 214783
Chapter 8: X Mansion
Chapter 9: Past, Present and Future
Chapter 10: Training
Chapter 11: Wine and...
Chapter 12: Let the Games Begin
Chapter 13: Patroness Is Born
Chapter 14: The Future
Chapter 15: And So It Begins
Chapter 16: Go F*ck Yourself
Chapter 17: Don't Be Suspicious
Chapter 19: Operation Free Dadneto
Chapter 20: Old Wounds
Chapter 21: Rockabye
Chapter 22: Fear of Falling Apart
Chapter 23: Never Enough
Chapter 24: I'd Love To Change The World Pt.1

Chapter 18: Peter and Aurora

1.5K 42 6
By Lemon_Lima

Bright and early the next morning the trio of men head out to recruit the first of the two mutants they need to break Magneto out of The Pentagon... 

Peter Maximoff.

Logan knocks on the front door with Hank and Charles standing behind him.

"What's he done now." Ms Maximoff sighs as she opens the front door. "I'll just write you a check for whatever he took."

"We just need to talk to him." Logan explains.

"Peter! The cops are here!... again." Ms Maximoff calls out as she lets the three men inside.

As the three walk down into the basement they see the young man running back and forth playing table tennis with himself, well actually all they see is a blur.

"What's do you guys want? I didn't do anything. I've been here all day." The speedster says before suddenly appearing on his couch.

"Just relax, Peter. We're not cops." Logan explains.

"Course you're not cops, if you were cops you wouldn't be driving a rental car." Peter says quickly.

"How'd you know we've got a rental car?" Charles asks looking like an alcoholic 70s rockstar.

"I checked your registration when you were walking through the door. I also had some time to kill so I went through your rental agreement and saw you were from out of town. Are you FBI?" Peter asks before quickly running past the three men grabbing Charles' wallet to look through it. "Nope you're not cops, hey what's with this gifted youngsters place?" Peter says dropping Charles' wallet on the ping pong table before grabbing a popsicle and sitting down on a different couch.

"That's an.. old card." Charles says picking up his wallet.

"Why he's fascinating." Hank marvels.

"He's a pain in the arse." Charles groans.

"What a teleporter?" Hank inquires.

"No he's just fast and when I knew him, he wasn't so young." Logan explains.

"Young? You're just old." Peter says finishing his popsicle

"So you're not afraid to show your powers?" Hank asks.

"Powers? What powers? What are you talking about? Do you see something strange here? Nothing anyone would believe if you told them?" Peter says before running over to his pong arcade game. "So who are you, and what what do you want?"

"We need your help, Peter." Logan explains.

"With what?" Peter questions

"To break into a highly secured facility and to get someone out." Logan continues.

"Prison break? That's illegal you know." Peter smiles not taking his eyes off the machine.

"Uh..." Logan looks around the room at all of Peter's stolen goods. "Well, only if you get caught.

"So, what's in it for me?" Peter asks.

"You, you kleptomaniac, get to break into The Pentagon." Charles answers rubbing his eye.

Peter's eyes widen in excitment as he stops playing pong immediately and turns around to face the three men.

"How do I know I can trust you?" Peter asks now fully interested in what the men have to say.

"Cause we're just like you?" Logan answers.

"Show him." Charles says to Logan who's bone claws extend out of his fist.

"That's cool, but it's disgusting." Peter remarks. "So, when do we start, do you have a plan yet and what exactly will I be doing."

"Slow down Peter, we still have to recruit one more person." Logan explains. "You don't happen to know an Aurora do you? Sometimes goes by-."

"No, not ringing any bells." Peter interupts.

"Do you know of an Honorhall Orphanage?" Logan asks.

"Yeah, it about an hour drive from here." Peter answers.

"Well, I guess that's the first place to start look-." Logan says before Peter takes off running only to return a minute later

"She's not there." Peter says. "The lady at the front desk said she ran away years ago."

"Do you have any ideas on where else she could be?" Hank asks.

"Yeah, I do." Logan replies before walking out of the basement.

~

After thirty minutes of driving and ten minutes of Logan backseat driving, the car pulls up outside a rundown house that looks like it was pulled straight from a horror movie. The lawn being mostly long dead grass and weeds, and the paint has started to peel off the cobweb covered walls.

The four men yawn as they walk up to the front door.

Knock Knock

No answer.

Knock Knock

"Aurora!" Logan yells out. "Aurora!" Logan yells again whilst pounding the door.

"Are you sure this is the right place?" Charles asks mid yawn.

"Yeah." Logan yawns. "I used to.." Yawns, "Bab.."

But before Logan could finish his sentence, he along with the other three pass out on the front porch.

Logan then awakens sometime later tied to a chair, as he looks around the dusty, cobweb filled basement he sees the other three tied up aswell.

Logan goes to speak but his voice comes out muffled as his mouth has been duck taped shut.

Suddenly a pair of tweezers levitate up to Logan's face and rip the duck tape off Logan's mouth, then Hank's, then Charles'.

"Ow." Logan groans. "Look, Aurora we don't want to hurt you, we just wanna talk."

"Who are you and how do you know my name?" A feminine voice asks from the shadows of the room.

"Because, i'm from about fifty years in the future, and in that future you and I are good friends."

"Fuck off." Aurora replies not believing a world Logan says.

Aurora then uses her powers to tighten the chains around Logan.

"Tell me what you want before I break your spine." Aurora hisses.

"We need your help." Logan replies struggling to breath. "To... break... into the... Pentagon."

"What!" Aurora replies loosening the chain. "Why do you need my help for that."

"Because no ones better at stealing then you and Peter." Logan answers.

"Peter?" Aurora inquires.

"That guy." Logan says refering to the snoring silver-haired boy.

"Right..." Aurora trails off. "If were friends in the future like you said then prove it. What's my last name?"

"Well, you're not kind who shares details." Logan says before looking at Peter who's still unconscious. "Unless it's to him."

"Why him?" Hank asks.

"Becaus-" Logan goes to answer before getting interrupted.

"You don't know my last name do you?" Aurora questions.

"No." Logan replies. "Like I said you rarely share information about yourself with others."

"How do I know I can trust you?" Aurora asks.

Suddenly Logan releases his claws cutting through the chains that bound him to the chair.

Aurora then uses her powers to remove the metal chains from around the other three men.

"When do we start?" Aurora asks smirking as she steps out the shadows revealing a girl with long orange hair around the same age as Peter. 

Introducing Katherine McNamara as Aurora 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.7K 959 23
Charles Xavier is in the grasp of depression. After his life came crashing down around him, he lived in the shadows, struggling to survive. Until Eri...
117K 3K 27
COMPLETED πŸ” Charles Xavier (young) x reader, a story beginning in the movie timeline of first class and continue. "He gave you a family, he showed y...
8.9K 279 20
What's her name? "(Y/N)." I prefer her real name. "Sauven; the legacy." I said her real name! "...Healer." "I call her Mender." "Medic." . . . "No...
159K 4.5K 32
Y/n is a mutant with a bad history, but what happens when you make friends with a waitress and a professor just like you. Ranks: #1 Charles #1 Erikle...