The Light to His Darkness

By theboywhosabrat

Ruthless, heartless and a man with no weaknesses. That's what they say. Those steely grey eyes of his hold t... More

A/N
Characters and Aesthetics
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49

Chapter 34

6.5K 190 36
By theboywhosabrat

I am incredibly nervous. As time is going on, the feeling is just increasing over time.

If you're confused, Alessandro and I are going to a charity gala tonight.

This means is that this is the first time we will be in the eyes of the general public and paparazzi together. We've managed to keep our relationship a secret for a while now, and I'm sure that will change tonight.

That is one of the reasons I'm freaking out right now. The other one is that of my appearance.

Look at it, Amy, who used to say 'I don't give a damn about my appearance,' is now thinking the opposite.

My concerns are valid for a person who's dating someone out of their league. People are definitely going to have mixed reactions to Alessandro's newfound relationship.

First of all, everyone will freak out after knowing that a good-looking, single businessman is now in a committed relationship. Second of all, since both of us belong in different social statuses and me being Alessandro's assistant, I'm probably going to be portrayed by the public in the wrong way. Now that is what I am so scared of.

I obviously talked about it to Alessandro because we promised not to hide anything from each other. He told me not to worry about it, and if anything about me was put up in media in the wrong way, he could take care of it.

I talked to Amelia, considering that she's been in the spotlight since she was born. She told me the same thing; not to worry about anything. She told me to not care about what people say about me, which is true. I know that I am the right person, and peoples' biased and immature claims shouldn't be bothering me the slightest.

Speaking of Amelia, she will be attending the gala and her assistant, which I'm so thankful for. I don't want to look like a loner with those rich wives while Alessandro talks to other businessmen.

As of now, I'm setting my makeup using a setting spray.

I wore a black dress with a slit on my right leg. I was hell-bent on lending a dress from Amelia because I'm sure I can't be wearing Forever 21 in a place where people wear clothes that are worth thousands.

But Alessandro literally gave me his credit card to buy myself a dress. He told me that he will be checking his transactions, making sure I really bought something. I asked Amelia which designer to have the best dresses. After an hour, she was in front of my apartment and took me to Dolce Gabanna.

"Amy?" Alessandro yelled out to me from his room.

"I'm coming." I kept my makeup in my makeup bag and sprayed myself with perfume.

"Yes." I went into his room only to be met with nothing.

Then after a few minutes, he came out from the walk-in closet. Even with no tie and suit, he looked dashing.

"How do I look?" Both of us said in unison.

"You go first," I said to him.

"What can I say about you, bella; you look beautiful. I literally call you beautiful every day."

"I could say the same for you, Alessandro."

"Aren't you supposed to wear a tie? Or is it like a new trend where you don't wear one?" I asked him.

"I was waiting for you to notice. Can you tie my tie, please?" he pouted. I laughed at his cute expression and pinched his stubbly cheeks.

"The ties are in my closet." He brought me into the closet.

The place had no colour. The ceiling, walls, cupboards, and drawers are all white. There were rows upon rows of suits consisting of different designers because they were labels on the railing. I opened the drawers, and I'm blessed with the sight upon my eyes.

Every single article of clothing was folded beautifully, and not to mention everything was color coordinated. My closet could never be this organized, nor I have the willpower to do this.

"Do you have OCD or something?" I asked him, completely stunned.

"No, I'm the total opposite of that. I buy clothes all the time and everything gets piled up quickly so I hired a person to fold and color coordinate my closet."

"Wow, Alessandro. You're the definition of rich," I told him.

I opened the drawer with ties and picked out one that was suited to the clothes he was wearing. I put the tie around his neck and did the knot. Alessandro being the affectionate person he is, wouldn't stop trying to kiss me while I was tieing his tie.

"There, done." I adjusted the tie for the final time.

I went out of the closet because my phone was ringing. Amelia called me asking about my whereabouts and what time I'll be at the venue.

"Hmm, bella I must say you rather look tempting from behind."

I turned around, and my jaw literally dropped. Alessandro was wearing a black velvet suit. It just seamlessly synchronized with the other articles of clothing that he was wearing. Let's just say he looked like those Hugo Boss runaway models.

"But I don't want anybody else to see you like this," he continued, eyeing me up to down with dark eyes.

"I can change if you want, I did bring another dress."

"No, no, no. The last thing I want to be is a controlling boyfriend and ruin your confidence. You can wear whatever makes you feel beautiful."

"Are you sure?" I asked him.

"Yes, bella. If I can wear anything in public, there's no reason for you to not do the same."

"Aww, Alessandro you just have a way with your words."

"I know, are you done with everything?" I went to the mirror to check myself.

"Yes," I said, making sure my makeup looks good.

I wore my purse, which had my phone, wallet, and chapstick, and both of us exited his apartment.

We arrived at the venue earlier than we expected. As soon as our car got in, our car was blocked by paparazzi. The blinding camera flashes and paparazzi yelling out Alessandro's name was too much for me at the moment.

"Chillax." I felt a warm hand rubbing circles on my thigh, and it actually calmed me down.

Alessandro gave the valet keys, and in we went, but not before paparazzi blocked us from entering.

"Mr. Durante, how are you doing?" "Mr. Durante, is this your girlfriend?"

The one questioned that made me kind of terrified was this.

"Is this the girl whose apartment you are frequently spotted at?"

What the hell! These people have such determination to know about Alessandro's life till they came to my apartment complex. Mind you, my place is located in a less populated area of the city.

We were bombarded with questions, but Alessandro had a firm grip on my wrist and tried to go inside. But that didn't stop these people from stepping in front of us, completely blocking us. I could sense Alessandro being very irritated.

"Everyone, put down your cameras please," he said in a commanding voice. His voice wasn't the one that I'm used to. This is more straight to the point, words laced with anger.

"Yes, I am in a relationship and this is my girlfriend. Because of your childish behavior, my girlfriend is extremely uncomfortable so could you please let us go to this event in peace."

Everyone obeyed Alessandro's words as if he was a king. We went into the venue without any word exchange.

"Are you okay?" He asked me, his voice turned normal. His eyes showed worry for me as if he didn't get mad at the paparazzi before.

Bipolar much?

"I'm fine, Alessandro."

The gala setting was lavish itself—men in suits, women in beautiful dresses with bedazzling jewelry which costs a fortune. Every single element in this gala is very foreign to me.

"This place is unreal." Alessandro chuckled in reply.

"We should go to our table." We walked to the table, which had Alessandro and my names on it.

I would pull out my phone to text Amelia where she was when I felt a tap on my shoulder. Speak of the devil; it was Amelia.

"Babe, you look snapped as always," she complimented me.

"You should see yourself in the mirror," I told her.

"Bella I'm really sorry I need to go I have some matters to talk to someone," he said, kissing my cheek.

"It's okay, I have Amelia here," I told him before he walked away.

We were given alcohol; I chose white wine because my taste buds are used to champagne. Amelia, her assistant, and I were chatting most of the time. I looked at Alessandro, looking like a stunning man, talking to other businessmen, mostly much much older than him.

"Hey Amelia, I want to ask a question," I said; a thought came into my mind.

"Shoot your question."

"Do you CEOs have feuds or fights with the other CEOs? I mean I know you do but till what extent?"

She gave me a perplexed look.

"Yeah we do but in my case, I simply won't talk or have business deals with the specific company. But this is just as far as I know as I'm still a new CEO. Dad probably knows more about it."

I nodded in reply.

"Why the random question?"

"Nothing, just curious," I told her.

She looked at me in an unreadable expression for a moment before returning to a conversation with her assistant.

"Bella." Alessandro sat beside me.

"Done talking with those old men?" I whispered in his ear.

"Worst 30 minutes in my life I swear," he whispered back.

Alessandro and Amelia greeted each other.

"Oh it's finally starting," Amelia informed.

The gala officially started a few minutes after. It was held by one of our most trusted business partners. They are raising funds for suicide prevention and domestic abuse. Good, at least these billionaires are using their money for good causes.

There was also a bid that took place. Still, Alessandro didn't do anything because apparently it's not his thing, and it's merely a waste of money.

A few businessmen approached our table and talked to Amelia and Alessandro. There were even a few guys who were hitting on Amelia and her assistant.

Also to mention, my dear boyfriend had caught the attention of all the ladies. Unwanted anger came in me, but I chose to tone it down as, obviously, I knew this was coming.

The gala finished at nearly 10 pm. I was already tired because my body can't normally function after 9 pm since I started working.

Both of us parted ways from Amelia and returned to our car. I felt like someone was watching me as Alessandro was talking to me. I noticed that his face stiffen, his eyes growing menacingly dark. He wasn't looking at me but rather at what's behind me.

I turned around, and my heart sank. Mr. Archer, the man who Alessandro nearly killed for sexually commenting about me, was in front of me. He stood there, hands in his pockets with a snarky smile on his face. He had a cheerful expression, but it's apparent that it's a facade.

"Hello there, Mr. Durante, Miss. Roberts. Had a great night at the gala?" he said.

"Yes, we had and if you excuse me we have to go back home," Alessandro snarled.

"No need to be rude with your ex-business partner."

"Just ignore him, Amy." He grabbed my wrist, opened the passenger door, and placed me into the car. He came in a few seconds later.

I reached out to my phone in my purse to text Trevor to remind him that I'm staying over at Alessandro's when I realized that my phone was gone.

"Oh no no no no. This is not happening." I was anxious.

"Why what's wrong," Alessandro asked, concerned.

"My phone is gone."

"Calm down for a sec we'll search for it. If it's not in the car we can track your phone. Is location services turned on on your phone?"

"Yes," I replied.

He called my phone, and my misery ended when I heard my phone ringing. It was under my seat. I guess it must've fallen down when I wanted to keep it inside my purse.

"Here it is," I showed my phone.

He looked at the phone and at me back and forth a few times. He muttered something incomprehensible and snickered.

"Why?" I asked him, bewildered.

"Nothing." The way he talked was like he was trying to stifle something to come out from his mouth.

While driving, he asked, "So you secretly like to call me daddy huh?"

My face went completely red upon that.

"What, no. Eww, it's gross. Who told you that?"

"Don't lie, bella. I know you like it. It's okay, I like it too, a lot," he retorted.

"That is not true and don't even expect me to call you that, Alessandro. Not even in your dreams."

"Then why did you save me as 'Mr. Beast Daddy' in your contacts?"

I looked at the call log of my phone to look for his number, and sure enough, it was saved as 'Mr. Beast Daddy'.

"This must definitely be Trevor because he is the one who used to call you that," I told him, but he didn't reply.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Oh just innocently imagining you calling me daddy," he said, laughing.

"Alessandro!" I playfully hit his arm.

"Ow! It hurts," he exclaimed, rubbing his arm.

"Damn, if it hurts for a man who works out a lot my hands must be strong," I said to him with a hint of cockiness.

"That's my girl."

Alessandro parked the car, and we walked towards the lift; I had this gut feeling of uneasiness. Our surroundings were silent, and usually, there will be a lot of guards in front. This time, though, there were only two guards. Strange.

We went into the elevator and went to Alessandro's apartment.

Upon arriving, we were met with silence. Not the peaceful one, more like something more harmful.

"What the fuck?" I heard Alessandro mutter as I was removing my heels.

I stood up only to see that the whole apartment was thrashed and ransacked.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.7M 228K 65
WARNING! This story was my first (unedited/draft). Grammer, plot, etc is messy so please beware! thank you :))) - He couldn't get enough of the emera...
22.7M 775K 50
"Your problem is that your heart is too big, it leaves you vulnerable and makes you weak." He spoke in such certainty that it brought tears to my eye...
164K 3.4K 25
check out the story trailer on Youtube "Black sugar wattpad trailer". ••• "Let go of me" I coldly said. "I'm gonna make you scream my name" he whisp...
3.5M 78.6K 33
"No one speaks to me the way you have been lately" He warned, his eyes trained on mine. "What are you going to do, kill me?" I answered back, my gaze...