He's in the Rain

By intolhsun

A Choi Soobin and Choi Yeonjun Fanfiction. Sharing one umbrella on a rainy day, Choi Yeonjun, a librarian, co... More

he's in the rain
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-three
chapter twenty-four
chapter twenty-five
chapter twenty-six
chapter twenty-seven
chapter twenty-eight
chapter twenty-nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty-one
chapter thirty-two
chapter thirty-three
chapter thirty-four
chapter thirty-five
chapter thirty-six
chapter thirty-seven
chapter thirty-eight
chapter thirty-nine
chapter forty
chapter forty-one
final.
'til the next.
us : an alternative ending
you and me : special chapter

chapter eight

131 22 23
By intolhsun

"Soobin hyung just sent you a message," Taehyun said after he took a sip from his drink. It's another work day. The four friends agreed to go there an hour and a half before they start working to meet up in the cafe restaurant. The restaurant opens earlier than the library.

Yeonjun got his phone and opened it, checking the message. He typed something and immediately put it down after doing so. Taehyun looked at Yeonjun and said, "He never stopped, did he?"

"I don't even think he's getting tired of messaging me," Yeonjun responded. He then took a sip from his coffee and held it with both of his hands afterwards. He looked at the other three: Huening Kai on his right side, Beomgyu on his left and Taehyun in front of him, smiling. "But I've gotten used to it."

"Surely," Beomgyu commented. "You even send your replies to him. That's unlikely of you."

"Like I've said, I've just gotten used to it." Yeonjun took another sip from his cup of coffee, placing it back on the table after. He then took the fork from Huening Kai's hands and got himself some of the younger's waffles. He didn't even ask for permission. Huening Kai glared at him after Yeonjun placed down the fork on the plate.

"What is he even saying?" Beomgyu asked. Out of the other three, Beomgyu is always the curious one. He keeps on asking questions. Sometimes, he asks everyone the same questions. "I love you's?"

"Why the hell are you so addicted to I love you's?" Yeonjun annoyingly asked Beomgyu, who was eating his waffles as well. While chewing, he answered the older. This man never failed to annoy the other three! He talked while his mouth is full. "Disgusting. Close your mouth." But Beomgyu laughed it off.

"Guys, it's ten minutes 'til eight!" Taehyun said and quickly stood up from his chair. He suddenly grabbed Huening Kai's wrist and led him to their bags. Yeonjun sipped his coffee fast that he didn't care about it's temperature. Beomgtu, who still has half of his waffle on the plate, quickly ate the waffle in one whole bite. Then, they stood up and grabbed their bags. "Bye, guys!"

"You're slower than a freaking chicken!" Yeonjun shouted as he and Beomgyu got out of the cafe restaurant they were in. Both of them are now headed to the library for work.

"At least I don't look like Tom and Jerry when running!" Beomgyu fired back. His very loud and humorous laugh was heard throughout the ground and second floor of the building. They are now close to the library. It was now six minutes before eight in the morning.

Yeonjun got the library key from the maintenance personnel's room downstairs before they could even sit down and chill on the cafe restaurant earlier. He opens the library door with the key and immediately opens all necessary materials to be used. He opened the lights, then the air conditioners, other ceiling fans, and finally the computers. Beomgyu, on the other hand, placed all the chairs from on top of the table to the floor and arranged it all.

"What time is it?" Beomgyu asked as he reached the library counter. He had no watch with him and his phone is in his bag.

"The library is now open, Beomgyu." It's already eight in the morning. One by one, people started to come at the library. It's going to be another busy day. Both friends just hope that it's not going to be a problematic day.

"I don't see your boyf— Soobin hyung." Beomgyu almost said the word 'boyfriend'. He knew Yeonjun hates it when he calls Soobin his boyfriend because it's not true. He's supposed to tease Yeonjun, but he didn't this time. Maybe he also thinks it's not the time to tease him yet.

"Who cares?" Yeonjun rolled his eyes. He then sat down on his chair after watching the group of people enter the library. He was now typing and typing, sitting straight, and is focus on the keyboard and the computer screen. "Let him be, Beomgyu. It's his life, not ours."

Beomgyu didn't respond to his friend anymore. He just went straight to doing his tasks and works inside the library. He may seem chaotic and hyper, but when he works, he works.

The hours passed by and so is their lunch break. Today, they didn't get to eat with Huening Kai and Taehyun because the cafe restaurant is too crowded that they needed to work first before they could eat. It is unfair for the workers, but they can't do anything about it.

"Why don't they give them a break? Look at them! There's a possibility they'll pass out without food. Taehyun didn't even have breakfast!" Yeonjun was talking and complaining with only Beomgyu hearing it. Beomgyu thinks of the same thing, but as mentioned earlier, they couldn't do anything about it.

After lunch, they filled the remaining hours of work day with too much work. Beomgyu was busy typing and printing book cards and book codes for borrowing. Yeonjun was alternately sitting and standing up, arranging the books in the shelves of the library. They were busy for real.

More and more visitors left the library, signifying that the library is about to close a few more minutes later on. Beomgyu, with his daily task, placed the chairs on top of the tables and arranged the chairs in the computer section. Yeonjun was turning off all appliances inside the library and was already getting his bag so he could finally go home together with his other friends.

Upon arriving downstairs, where the cafe restaurant is, they saw their two younger friends still on their uniforms. "Aren't they gonna go home?" Beomgyu asked.

Taehyun saw his two other friends outside the cafe restaurant and signaled them to go home first. If they're like this, it means their shift was extended for the day. It was obvious that they did too much work just by looking by the number of customers entering and exiting the building. It was too much for the restaurant's workers.

So, with Taehyun's signal, they didn't bother waiting for the two. Instead of waiting, they're going to prepare dinner for the two. It has been like this every time Huening Kai and Taehyun's shifts are extended.

Walking home, they were never too quiet. As if they would not talk. Duh? It's Beomgyu and Yeonjun. There's no chance they'll stay quiet. "Yeonjun hyung, I have a question."

"What is it?" Yeonjun asked, still walking.

"When Elsa is.. um.. you know, is it ice that comes out?" Beomgyu kept on containing his laugh when he was talking and he kind of succeeded. Be was now waiting for his friend's reaction, but it seems like Yeonjun couldn't get the joke.

"What the fuck, hyung." Beomgyu's shoulders showed disappointment.

"Words." Yeonjun glared at him. "I don't get the joke!"

"You're such a dummy!" Beomgyu said as he pointed his pointing finger to Yeonjun, as close as possible to his face. The older really did seem like a dumb head back there.

"I said, what if Elsa defecated? Would it be ice that's coming out from her bottom?" After Beomgyu's question was finished, Yeonjun's laugh was suddenly heard. His laugh is even louder than the younger's from a while ago. Realization hit him.

"We're eating but—" Yeonjun stopped mid-sentence because he can't really hold his laugh because of his friend's joke that makes little sense. "That's so funny! I'm about to tear up!"

"You're being sarcastic," Beomgyu ruined Yeonjun's laughter.

"What? No! That's funny as hell." They continued with their laughter while walking. "Now, I can't eat my ice cream."

"Me too, aish. At least yours is mint choco. Mine is chocolate, what the hell." With Beomgyu trying to keep the ice cream away from him, Yeonjun got another round of laughter because of his friend. Their days are just always filled with laughters.

They were supposed to be at home preparing for dinner right now, but they are still on the road, walking back home. They haven't even reached half of their way back home. Why? First, they started with their funny stories just when they left their building. Second, they stopped by the ice cream parlor, and now, they asked the weirdest things.

Walking a little quieter than a few seconds ago, a car stopped by their side of the road. The two friends walking stopped as well, weirded out with the car. They don't know this car, it's unfamiliar. "Hyung." Beomgyu started holding onto Yeonjun's clothes.

"Gyu, run!" Yeonjun was only going to whisper that to the younger, but I guess he forgot to. He shouted that loud and the both of them ran away as fast as they can. They aren't even that far away from the car when it started moving towards the two. Why aren't they even running away when they can fight those kidnappers?

Suddenly, they stopped running. They heard a voice calling them. "Hyung! Why the hell are you running?!"

"Taehyun? What the fuck? Since when did you have a car?" The car was slowly moving towards the two.

Yeonjun was confused, but became even more confused when he heard him. "Yeonjunie!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2K 577 13
"i don't need to be a hero to protect you because I can protect you being bad, I am a hero in my way and I will protect you" -soobin. When yeonjun fa...
2.9K 289 27
❝cupids fall in love too.❞ © btspinktxt | choi yeonjun | rewritten | txt
2.1K 120 7
slices of yeonjun and soobin's relationship, and how they slowly come together.
48.9K 2.9K 52
"I've always liked reading about the cute clichΓ© couples, but I've never been very affectionate or found of it happening to myself..that was until he...