Unlikely (Severus Snape x Stu...

By YouGotBernd

(Y/n) (Y/l/n). A 5th year Hogwarts student. 16 years old. A Gryffindor and a muggle-born. Very kind, very nic... More

A Slightly Warm Welcome
Predicament
Hello Professor
Snape Snaps
This Is New
Development
The Little Things
Love?
Neville's Secret
(Author's Note: A Little Experiment [PLEASE READ])
A Shadow of a Doubt
Sewing The Seed
The Light That Blinds Me
The Darkness That Finds Me
Red Smoke
Forget Me Never
Unforgivable
Out of Love
(Book 2 Tease)

The Boggart

8.8K 219 214
By YouGotBernd

WARNING

CONTAINS A SUBJECT THAT MAY BE SENSITIVE TO SOME READERS

PLEASE CONTINUE WITH CAUTION

A/N: HELLOO!! A promise is a promise! This is quite a bit longer than usual. Hope u like it, but also, IM SRY FOR THIS. Ngl, i legit almost cried writing this. DONT HATE ME I DID WARN U And remember, this is nearly COMPLETELY ignoring canon XD :P

For a moment, Severus gives a look of disbelief. I remain inches from his face, staring longingly, tracing my finger over every detail. "(Y/n), I don't understand." He says, baffled. I still my hand, and shift to an anxious expression. Severus continues, "How could someone like you, like someone like me?"

I sit back and giggle, "I could ask you the same thing Severus." He smiles adoringly at me, "You should probably get to your dormitory." He says hesitantly. "Yes, I suppose I should." I sighed. We both stand up. I gather my things and approach the doorway, when Severus grabs my arm, and pulls me to him.

He grasps my chin with his thumb and index finger, and lifts my head to meet his eyes. Leaving no room for words, he kisses me dearly. As he pulls back, he says in a hushed tone, "Thank you."

I smile lovingly, "Severus...you are...not the man I expected you to be. But I gotta say, I like this version better." He swallows and I skip happily out the room.

As I reach the common room, I see Harry, Hermione and Ron sitting on the couch. They must've heard me enter because they all stopped talking and looked my way.

I hear Hermione tell the boys to head to bed, as she wants to talk to me alone. They get up and wave, "G'night (Y/n)." They say simultaneously. After they leave, Hermione motions for me to come sit.

"Where were you? With Professor Snape?" She asks slyly. "Yeah, I was. You understand you still can't tell anyone about this, right?" She nods, "What happened?" I blush a little, "Well...we shared a nice moment....a really nice moment." Hermione's eyes widen, and she looks like she's about to squeal, "Wait, did you two...? Did you kiss him?!" I nod excitedly, "Is this weird for you?" I ask, worried. "No! No I...well maybe just a little. For obvious reasons. B-But I'm happy for you, really."

We talk for almost an hour, when I yawn. "Oh, think it's time we go to bed (Y/n)." Hermione softly says. "Yeah, we better." I yawn again.

The next day, I feel incredible. I can really focus in all my classes again. I still had constant thoughts about Severus, but they didn't control me.

I got my first 'Outstanding' in Transfiguration, I did something good in Divination, according to Professor Trelawney, and I excelled in Charms! Now it was time for Defense Against the Dark Arts, taught by Professor Lupin.

I walk in the class and immediately notice all the desks are placed against the walls, and a strange looking cabinet is in the middle of the room. The cabinet suddenly shook, causing me and many other students to flinch. It sounds like something is trapped inside.

"Alright everyone, listen up!" Professor Lupin yells out. Everyone gives their attention to him, "Miss Granger, can you tell me what creature is inside there?" He points to the cabinet. "A Boggart sir." Hermione answers, a slight break in her voice. "Correct. Now, can you tell me what a Boggart looks like?" Hermione swallows, "No one knows. It takes the form of a witch or wizards worst fear." Lupin smiles, "Correct! 10 points to Gryffindor!"

"Now, the only way to defeat a Boggart is with this spell. Repeat after me, no wands, Riddikulus!" "RIDDIKULUS!" The class repeated. "Good. But what really finishes a Boggart, is laughter. Alright, everybody line up!" The class shuffles into a disorganized line, and I end up second, with only Ron in front of me.

Lupin holds his wand up towards the cabinet, "Wand at the ready!" Ron holds up his wand, terrified. Lupin swings his wand and the cabinet shoots open, releasing a giant spider.

Ron starts breathing heavily, shaking. "Riddikulus!" He manages to say. On the spider suddenly appears roller skates. It starts sliding and wiggling, eventually falling, causing everyone in the room to laugh. "Great job! Next!" Professor Lupin screams, ecstatic.

I step up to the Boggart. "Miss (Y/l/n), what is it that you fear the most?" Lupin asks. "I honestly don't know sir. I guess we'll find out." I hold up my wand.

The spider-Boggart disappears, and it starts to change. It's twisting and folding in all directions, and suddenly drops. Everyone is in shock.

"Who...who is that?" Ron questions. An old lady appears, lying on a hospital bed, a single monitor attached. A heart monitor. The monitor is beeping, getting slower and slower, as the woman's chest moves less and less. I see Professor Lupin looks concerned. The class fills with murmurs.

Hermione comes up behind me and places a hand on my shoulder, "(Y/n), is that...is that supposed to be-" "Me." I say, voice shuddering, "I think that's supposed to be me." At that moment, the heart monitor stops beeping, and the old lady's chest stops moving. "You...you died." Hermione utters.

I drop my wand and fall to my knees. I can't breathe. Hermione kneels down and grabs me, "(Y/n)!" I rest my forehead on the ground and cry. Just cry.

Lupin runs over, stands in front of me, and the Boggart transforms again. It forms a full moon. He points his wand, "Riddikulus!" He yells. The moon-Boggart becomes a balloon, losing air and flying around the room until it goes straight back into the cabinet.

"Granger, please take Miss (Y/l/n) to the Hospital Wing at once. I'll let Madam Pomfrey know you're coming." Hermione nods and pulls me off the floor. I lean into her, hyperventilating and soaking her robes.

It was a struggle, but we eventually made it to the Hospital Wing. Madam Pomfrey is waiting there, and immediately grabs me and puts me on a bed. "Thank you Miss Granger, you can head back to class now." Hermione nods, "I'll see you later (Y/n)." And she's gone.

I sit there, still crying my eyes out. All I can see is an image of that old woman, of me, slowly but surely dying. My heart is pounding, my lungs feel like they could explode, I can barely focus on where I am or what Pomfrey is saying to me.

"Relax sweetheart. Here, take this potion. It's a Calming Draught. It will help you feel better." She holds up a bottle filled with blue liquid, my hands shake wildly as I reach for it. "Here." She holds it to my mouth, I open. She pours it down and I swallow. "I would also like you to take this Dreamless Sleep Potion. You need to rest." Madam Pomfrey holds up a purple colored vile. Once again, I reach for it, but my hands quiver. Though not as much as before, must be the Calming Draught. She pours it in my mouth again.

Almost instantly, I feel drowsy. Pomfrey takes the back of my head and slowly guides me on to the pillow. She lifts my feet on to the bed. "Sleep now my dear. You'll feel better when you wake." I drift off to sleep.

However long later, I start to awaken. I hear Madam Pomfrey talking to someone. "I'm sorry, but she's resting. You'll have to come back later." She's really good at caring for everyone. "I just want to know if she'll be able to make it to her Potions class this evening." I hear a man say in a deep, monotone voice, which I recognize instantly. "I can't be certain till she wakes, Severus."

I sit up, rub my eyes and yawn, "Professor Snape?" I say, as if I didn't already know. Pomfrey then turns and runs towards me, "Oh my dear, how are you feeling?" She asks, kneeling at my bed. "I'm a lot better. Thank you Madam Pomfrey." I smile.

"Was that Professor Snape? Can I see him? I-I want to let him know I should be fine to go to Potions." I say, a little too excitedly. "Of course dear. Severus! You may come in." Just then, a man dressed in all black, with a flowing cape and long hair, comes marching in.

I repress a longing smile. "I wish to speak with Miss (Y/l/n) alone, Poppy." Snape says stoically. Pomfrey bows, and heads off to the adjacent room. The moment she closes the door, Severus breaks character and rushes to hug me. "Are you ok? I'm so sorry I couldn't be there." My face in his chest, I say in a muffled voice, "How did you find out?" He lets go, "Miss Granger came and told me. You must've told her about us didn't you?" He says almost angrily, "You told Malfoy!" I exclaimed, at which Severus visibly softens.

"So, you had a lesson on Boggarts and yours turned out to be..." He started. "Mine was me, as an old woman, in a Hospital bed, dying...but..." I can feel tears start to form again, "But what (Y/n)?" Severus questions, worried. "But that wasn't all it was." I mumble, burying my face in his chest again. "W-What do you mean?" Severus is getting increasingly anxious. I realized this almost the exact moment the Boggart stopped as old me, but I didn't want to tell anyone. Anyone but Severus, "It wasn't just me dying...it was me dying alone." More tears run down my face and onto Severus' robes.

He didn't care and held me tighter than ever, "(Y/n), I promise you I won't let that happen." I bring my ugly crying face up to meet his sincere beautiful one, "H-How can you be so sure?" He wipes my tears away with his thumb, "Because every free moment I have, will be spent at your side."

I stare at him with loving eyes, and grab his robes on both sides, pulling him in for a daring kiss. We pull back and I sink into his chest once again, feeling content.

We hear a door swing open, and flinch backwards. Severus stands straight up, and goes right back to being 'Professor Snape'. Madam Pomfrey walks out and tells me I should head out if I'm feeling better. She didn't see anything then. Thank goodness.

I nod and get up. Snape offers to escort me out, and we leave for Potions.

A/N: AAAHHH IM SRY!! Ok, confession time. Im pretty sure I'm projecting myself into this story...so that might actually b my real worst fear. Anyway, hope you're still here :P

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

606K 21.1K 32
Aurora Beauchanan is many things, and apparently being a student at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry is about to be added to that list. Wi...
166K 4.7K 26
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Third year had begun and a another adventure awaits Y/N Snape. The two years of Y/N's time at Hogwarts Witchcraft and W...
971K 29.1K 50
Jessica Wallwirt has lived with her mother for the past 11 years until one day her mother snaps and sends her to live with her father, none other tha...