Nanny (completed)

By peachescroptop

When Athena Grey is working at her local bakery someone seems to accidentally leave their baby. She has no ot... More

part one
part two
part three
part four
part five
part six
part eight
part nine
part ten
part eleven
part twelve
part thirteen
part fourteen
part fifteen
part sixteen
part seventeen
part eighteen

part seven

147K 4.2K 2.3K
By peachescroptop

*Aces POV*

I woke up to my phone ringing. I looked around to see why Athena hadn't woken us up, but I did see her around us. That's weird I thought. I was about to move but I felt Sage on me. I looked down and saw him asleep on my chest. I picked him up and grabbed my phone. I saw I got a missed call from Gio.

I quickly called him back, for him to answer in the first ring. "Where are you?" Was the first thing he said. "What do you mean?" I tried to act clueless, if he knew where I was I wasn't going to hear the end of it. "Ace doesn't play, I will track your ass down." He replied. "I'm at Sages nanny's apartment. Happy?" I said sarcastically. "Oh, so the new nanny said yes. Is that where you were last night?" He asked. How the hell does he even know about that. "How the hell do you even know about that?" I asked. Seriously I swear he knows everything.

"You don't need to worry about that." He replied, I could almost hear the fucking smile on his face. I just groaned in response. "Does Ace have a crush?" He asked in a teasing tone. "No," I replied quickly, maybe too quickly. "So he does, so Acey boy, tell me, when will I get some more nieces and nephews? Oh and at the wedding make sure you have a chocolate fountain, you know I am the most important person there. I should get special treatment." He said seriously this time. "It's too early to be talking about this shit," I said and hung up before he could even reply.

I groaned in annoyance. Then I remembered where we were, I quickly looked around for Athena, but I didn't see her, where is she? I know she had work, but did she seriously leave us here? I thought she would have woken us up. I got up off the floor to look around, I went in her room first, placing a sleeping Sage on the bed, I went in the bathroom, to not find her, well if she's not in here, and not in the living room, she's probably in the kitchen. I walked out of her, not before putting a blanket on sage, and walked towards the kitchen. She wasn't there but there was a note.

Hope you guys had a good nap. I'm going to work. Feel free to eat anything, just don't make a mess, and if you leave please lock the door.

I read the note, so she did leave us here? I should get home, I need to finish some paperwork, and I'm pretty sure I have a meeting at one. It's almost ten right now, if I'm guessing right, Sage and I slept for an hour or so. I'm probably going to have to leave Sage with one of the maids while I'm in a meeting. Great.

I went around her apartment, picking up everything that belonged to us, and cleaning up a little. Once I finished packing everything up, I went over to Athenas room, when I got in there Sage was still asleep, but he was snuggling into Athenas pillow. My heart immediately warmed up. I think I did the right thing by asking Athena to be Sage's nanny. I feel like I freaked her out a little this morning, by asking her to quit and move into my house, but at this point, I would do anything to get her to come with us. Only because of sage, yeah, only because of Sage. I thought. I mean yeah she's beautiful but I don't have feel for her like that, do I? Okay, this is confusing my brain. I need to stop thinking of her.

I tried to shake off those thoughts as much as I could, walking over to Sage and lifting him. I tried unwrapping him from Athenas blanket but he wouldn't let go. I'm probably going to be back soon, so I'll just take it with us. I carried him out to the living room, grabbing his bag I just packed. We made our way out of her apartment. I locked her door like she asked, and began my way to my car. Once Sage and I got down to the parking garage I put him in his car seat and closed his door. I went to my side of the car to get in when I saw something on my windshield.

It was a piece of paper, I grabbed it and sat in my car, I locked the door just in case I was being followed or watched. I opened the sticky note size paper, and read it.

We see you.

             If they left the note on my car, at Athena apartments, they know she lives here. I felt panic immediately rise. I have to get her out of here and a more protected area....like my house. At first, I asked her to move in because of Sage, but now, she has to move for her safety. I have to figure a way out to get her to move in as fast as possible without raising suspicion. And by fast, I mean within the next three days.

I quickly turned my car in and drove off. I have a meeting in an hour and a half. I quickly got home, unbuckled Sage from his car seat and quickly walked inside, I immediately headed towards my room. Sage was still asleep which allowed me to, lay him down on my bed. I remembered to put Athenas blanket on him, in case he wakes up he won't freak out, since he has something that smells like her he will calm down. I know he's super weird.

I walked out of my room, heading to my office, as soon as I got in there I called my best bodyguard. "Hello Don, what can I do for you?" He asked through the phone, "Romeo, I need all eyes on Athena. I'm pretty sure the Russians know about her. I got a note on my car early this morning, I need you to watch her from afar, I will be sending her file over." I said in a commanding tone. I can't let anything happen to her. Just the thought throws me into a rage, and I don't know why. Why am I feeling like this? Was Gio right, do I have a crush on her?

My thoughts were cut off by Romeo's voice, "Yes sir." He replied and hung up. I sent her file to Romeo, so he knows who he is watching. Romeo and I have been in the mafia business for a long time. We were childhood friends, but we have fallen out a little. It was nothing personal we just changed, but he's the most loyal person I know. That's why I am allowing him to protect Athena. Only the best for her.

I looked over at some paperwork, on the side of my desk. I mean I guess I'll do that.

*Athenas POV*

I have been at work for, a few hours now. I was cleaning tables when some bodyguard-looking men came in. They creepily looked around the bakery, almost like they were searching for something. Once one of them laid their eyes upon me I saw a creepy smirk make way on his face. I'm pretty sure he's the one running this, he is surrounded by men in black suits, I think the bodyguards are here for him. He's also the biggest of the four. Not fat, but tall, and pure muscle.

His gaze left a shiver going down my spine, and not in a good way. All four of them walked towards the counter, "hello what can I get you." I asked in an unsure tone. Now all four of them were in front of the counter. The only thing that stands between us is the counter and cash register, "Aw no need to be scared." He said with a smirk, he has an accent, it sounded Russian?

WAIT! Are they here because of Ace? Questions were running through my head when the man spoke again, "Are you going to take out order, Сука." He said. I know enough Russian to know he just called me a Bitch. "Sir, I do not appreciate being called a bitch." I said politely, I'm not trying to get murdered because of Ace and his stupid ass mafia.

"Oh, so she knows Russian." I saw his creepy smirk transform into a grin. I just stood there, waiting for him to do something, whether that was left or skin me alive right there. "We'll have four black coffees." He said throwing down a stack of money. My eyes widened, I took ten dollars of that stack, and handed the rest back, "I'll get your coffees, and here's your chance. You guys can go find a seat" I said pointing to a random table, putting the ten dollars in the register, and turning around to make the coffees. I felt them burning holes in the back of my head. Once I made the coffees I turned around and saw them still standing there. The main guy still had the stack in his hand. I brought the coffees to the counter and placed them down. I told them to sit down, but whatever, I mentally rolled my eyes.

They were just staring at me not moving, or grabbing the coffees, "listen if you're just going to stand there, you might as well leave." I said, putting my hand in my hip, waiting for them to leave. They didn't move a mussel. Okay, if they aren't going to leave I'll ignore them. I just turned around and started cleaning up the counters, I began cleaning the coffee machine when I heard the bell ring. I turned around to see the most buff, tallest, most tattooed man ever. My eyes winded, "Ivan." Was the first thing he said. "Romeo. I see Ace has sent you to watch after his plaything." He said with a chuckle at the end. Plaything? Who- is he talking about me?

He's talking about me, "With all due respect, I'm not a plaything Ivan." I envisioned his name. I felt everyone's eyes on me, "Now please would you four leave." I asked looking at the group of men that have been creeping from the moment they walked in. They slowly started walking out not forgetting to look at who I think is Romeo, up and down, "Till we meet again Athena." Ivan said. I just rolled my eyes, watching him leave and hearing the bell go off after him. I let out a sigh of relief, looking over at Romeo standing there. "Hi, I'm Athena," I said trying to make conversation, after that intense moment.

"You should go home." He replied. I looked him up and down, "No thanks." I said turning around cleaning the already spotless counter. I would go to the kitchen, but Romeo is here. "Athena, you should go home." He said in a stricter voice, "I don't think I want to, Romeo." I said turning around looking at him. While we were having our stare off an I heard the bell go off, and in walked in Ace fucking Rossi. I groaned, "Oh my god, what do you want." I said now shifting my attention to Ace.

"I want you to go home, it's not safe here anymore. You should start packing anyway, you're moving in with me." He said so casually. My eyes widened, "IM WHAT?!" I asked, panic evident on my face. "Athena it's not safe anymore, I need you to be safe, and also, Sage needs your attention 24/7." He replied, "And I remember telling you, I need to talk to you about that, nowhere did I agree to it. Your dumb ass put me in danger." I said.

        He looked surprised I said that "Don't even look at me like that Ace, you know exactly why I'm in danger, you and your stupid fucking mafia, put me in danger." I said now angrily, how dare he make me move, because he wasn't careful. "How do you know about that." He said, I could see the panic in his eyes.

He looked also relived, relived of what? "It's all over the internet, maybe you should check it out," I said with a shrug trying to act unbothered when in reality I'm bothered. "Oh, well you should get home and pack, I'll drive you." He said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

887K 18K 27
•°•Mature contents!•°• Please Note! The book 'The Insemination' has been (REWRITTEN) A lot of changes were made including names and plotting of the s...
60.6K 1.2K 37
Second book in the 'Forever' trilogy. It has been 3 years and Kiara Athena Carpenter is 19 now. Her brothers are still searching for her but with no...
1M 20.4K 55
After her dad died and brother went missing she has always felt empty inside. Sofia and her daughter, Sienna have finally got the chance to escape fr...
4.5M 138K 81
"What in the world, kid?" The roar erupted from the sleek Lamborghini as its owner, a man who could easily pass for a Greek deity, emerged from the l...