A Dream of Little Robots and...

By SLynx19

What happens when a few symptoms and a lot of misunderstandings lead to Eda and Serkan discovering that they... More

1. A baby?
2. A tiny little living thing
3. Little Serkan
4. Blue dress and peace
5. Little bean of love
6. New house, new beginning
7. Freedom and confessions
8. An eventful morning
9. Crisis and broken trusts
10. A drink...or three
11. Bumpy walk
12. New family ties
13. Closure
15. Promenade à Montmartre
16. Back to reality
17. Face-to-face
18. Frenzy or peace?
19. Salted coffee party
20. Silent agreement
21. Hide and seek
22. A dream of little robots and fairies
23. What happens in Sapanca...
24. ...is Forever
25. Wishes and foreboding
26. Miles apart
27. Moving forward
28. Whirlwind

14. A bet and a surprise

7K 301 62
By SLynx19

There was no denying that the new PR manager did her job well. She came up with various great ideas to promote the work and was very efficient in stopping tabloids and cunning reporters. Yet, Eda couldn't help but feel that something was off with the curly-haired woman. A few times over the course of one single day, she had caught her looking at Serkan in a rather languishing way that didn't please her at all.

The day after Balca's hiring, Eda decided to go surprise Serkan at his home after her evening classes. She knew he had to work late so he had not been able to come and get her as he usually did. She had had to reassure him three times before he had let her go by herself and even then, he had kept on sending her messages every fifteen minutes asking her if she had reached safely and how she was feeling.

That is how she found herself ringing at his door that night to surprise him. A couple of minutes passed before she heard him yell that the door was open. She found it odd but didn't think much of it as she turned the doorknob and stepped inside. She felt her jaw drop as she was met with the most peculiar scene as Serkan was standing with a hand behind Balca's back.

"Eda!"

"Serkan?" she answered incredulously.

"Selam!"

"What a great surprise!"

"Welcome Eda," the woman said with a satisfied smile and Eda felt her blood rise to her head.

"I think I'm interrupting something. I think I should go. Have a good evening."

"Eda! Wait!" Serkan ran after her and grabbed her elbow before she reached the door. "Where are you going?"

"Home Serkan. I see you're in good company, I won't disturb you."

"Good comp... You can't possibly think..."

"Ne? Think what Serkan?! That I just found you with another woman, alone, in your apartment? Then yes! That's exactly what I'm thinking!" she whispered angrily.

"She wanted to work but I told her that I didn't want to and I was escorting her to the door. That's all."

They both turned to Balca when they heard her cough slightly. "I think I'll leave you two now. I'm going home."

"Yes you do that," Eda answered with annoyance.

"Eda..." Serkan said between his teeth.

Eda threw him a dark look and he sighed. Balca bid them farewell and Eda closed the door behind her with a little too much strength making the glass tremble. Serkan immediately grabbed her and took her away in case it broke. Fortunately it didn't and soon stopped shaking. Once the fright was behind them, Eda pushed him away and walked past him with a huff. She sat on the sofa and crossed her legs and arms.

"Eda... What was that?" Serkan asked as he walked to her and sat next to her on the sofa, but he immediately regretted asking when she threw him daggers with her eyes again.

"What was that? Are you really asking me this Serkan?"

"She only dropped a few files."

"And couldn't you just have taken the files and told her to leave?"

"I did! But then she said that she wanted to talk to me about work and also needed to use the bathroom. Should I have let her pee her pants?"

"Off Serkan! Can't you see through her tactics?"

Serkan frowned. "What tactics?"

"Are you for real?" Eda couldn't believe her ears and her eyes: he really looked clueless. "You are unbelievable!" Eda exclaimed.

She took one the cushions and hugged it tightly as she tried very hard not to throw it at his robot face. That's when something caught her eye and she raised her eyebrows as she picked up the silver earring that had been hiding under it. She brought it up between their two faces and smiled humourlessly.

"Look! Look what is there!" Serkan shrugged not understanding what she meant. "She left her earring here."

"Hayir..." Serkan shook his head frowning.

"Evet."

"Hayir."

"Evet Serkan! It's a tactic! But really, if she had been smarter, she would have left it somewhere more...logical."

"I understand Eda."

"What?"

"I understand that you feel a bit jealous but I already told you that there is nothing to be jealous of! I am yours and yours only. No woman will ever measure up to you."

"And they'd better not try!" Eda answered vigorously. "I am not jealous Serkan. I just don't like it when a nuisance comes and starts roaming around my fiancé!"

"And you are totally right my love. But I really think that you are misunderstanding her on that one."

"Oh really?" Eda raised her eyebrows. "Then I'm going."

"Eda! Yapma! Where will you go at this hour?"

"Home Serkan! I'm going home!"

"I can't let you go alone at this hour!"

"You can't? Oh but I don't need your permission anyway!"

Serkan caught her arm and brought her close to his chest, looking into her fiery eyes as he bumped his nose with hers. "At least let me drive you home. I insist."

Eda huffed and pushed him but didn't argue so he took his jacket and they both left his place. The whole ride was silent since Eda purposefully chose to look out the window, clearly sulking. She barely let him kiss her cheek when they got to her house and she soon climbed up the stairs without a glance back.

The following day, Eda was still annoyed. She told her friends about what she suspected of the new PR manager and what had happened the night before. The three of them agreed with her and were outraged that the woman had gone to that extent, especially Melo.

"I can't believe I trusted that Balca!"

"The earring tactic. As old as times," Ceren shook her head.

"What a venomous snake!"

"How do you think Serkan will respond to her tactics?" Fifi asked Eda.

"Yok canim. I trust Serkan. He wouldn't do anything."

"Well Dada, that's because you trust each other so much. Your relationship is much more stronger than anything that snake can do!"

"Iste bu Melo!" Fifi snapped her fingers.

"Isn't that the most important thing Eda? That you trust him and know he won't do anything stupid?"

"It is! But the fact is I don't trust that Balca! I can assure you she is plotting something. I can feel it. And I will prove it to him."

"Nasil?"

"I don't know yet but I will find something."

"Maybe we could help too! If you want I'll try and extort some information from her. And I can even follow her around!" Melo offered then, after a little pause she added, "Fifi will help me too."

"Allah Allah! Neden?"

"Because you are the most suited for this Kara kiz! And besides, don't you want to find out who that Balca snake really is and what she wants?"

Fifi bobbed her head as she thought then high-fived Melo. "Let's do this!"

"Kizlar ya! You are so sweet. What would I do without you?"

"Ne demek "sweet" falan filan? Nobody has the right to mess with our Dada and my eniste! Especially not if it means you're stressing out my little niece!"

"Not you also!" Eda frowned. "Serkan is adamant that it's a girl. Are you siding with him?"

"Well yeah... I think it's a girl."

Fifi clicked her tongue on her palate. "Yok. It's definitely a boy. I can feel it."

Eda rolled her eyes then turning to Ceren she asked, "what about you?"

"I don't know. Are you sure there's only one?"

Eda's eyes widened. "Evet! Eminim! Ne diyorsun sen Ceren?"

"Well you know how sometimes they only see one but there's actually two. It can happen."

Eda thought a moment and put a hand on her stomach as she recalled her two ultrasounds, then she shook her head. "Yok. There is definitely only one."

"Peki. O zaman..." Ceren thought for a couple of seconds. "O zaman I think I'm Team Boy."

"Tamam."

"By the way, when are you finding out?"

"Evet Dada! When will we know if it's a boy or girl?"

"Well, yesterday I got a lab test done for a chromosomal screening and the results should arrive in a week or two. We were thinking about maybe doing a gender revea..."

"YESSSSS!" Melo screamed excitedly. "Yes! Please do one! Who will you give the results to? Who will organize it? Usually someone knows but not the others and..."

"Calm down Melo... We haven't discussed it yet with Serkan."

"Tell my eniste that I volunteer," she said seriously raising a hand.

Eda chuckled. "Tamam I'll tell him." Melo squealed and the three other girls laughed lightly. "It's getting late. I should head to work," Eda declared as she gave an enormous yawn.

"Are you sure you're going to work? Because you look more like someone who is ready to hibernate for a few months," Fifi observed with a small smile.

"I am so tired these days. The nauseas are getting slightly better but the fatigue is real."

"Maybe you could rest at home today? I'm sure they won't mind at work."

"And give that snake a clear road to Serkan? Hayir!"

"Tamam. Then let's go."

The four of them got up, went to grab their coats and left together for work. Ceren, Eda and Melo went to Art Life meanwhile Fifi went to the flower shop to help Ayfer with her accounts. The two also needed to prepare for the committee election party at the foundation so it would most likely be a big day for everyone.

Soon after they entered the workshop, Eda and Melo saw Balca coming up to them with an irritating smile plastered on her face. They greeted each other before the latter started talking about the PR strategies and praised Serkan's work ethic and perfectionism. Eda simply nodded as she barely contained her anger at the woman's audacity.

"Eda? I wanted to ask you something?"

"Go on."

"How long have you been together for, Serkan bey and you?"

Eda crossed her arms on her chest as she furrowed her brows at the same time. "Why are you asking?"

"So that I know what to answer to the reporters if they ask questions."

Eda narrowed her eyes. "Serkan and I don't like talking about our private life. But it's not a secret anyway. I'm sure you'll find your information somewhere."

"As I told you it's just for PR purposes. But if you're afraid or ashamed to talk about it then..."

Eda shrugged. "And why would I be ashamed to talk about it?"

"I don't know. Maybe because of what I read about your engagement contract and all of that."

"There is nothing to be ashamed of Balcacim. But since you're insisting, I'll tell you that much: it's been a few months."

"A few months. I see," the green-eyed woman simply stated. "Then it's still new," she added with a smug little face that made Eda want to pounce on her. "Is there something bothering you Eda?" The woman asked innocently. "You seem a bit worked up."

"Actually now that you mention it, I have something to give to you. Before I forget." Eda rummaged through her handbag and found what she was looking for. "I think this is yours," she said holding the silver earring in between her fingers and she saw how her face dropped a little.

"Oh! I knew I had lost it somewhere! Where did you find it?"

"You'll never believe! I found it at my fiancé's, on the sofa, under a cushion."

"Ah. I wonder how it got there."

"I wonder too..."

"It must have fallen when I put on my coat."

"Hmm probably."

"Well thank you Edacim."

"Well you're welcome Balcacim."

Both women made a fake smile at each other before Balca left the room and went back to her work. Melo watched as the woman was leaving before she turned around and saw how pale Eda looked.

"Dada? Iyi misin?"

Eda shook her head as she plopped down on her chair and closed her eyes trying to breathe in and out as she felt everything around her spin. Her ears were buzzing and she felt cold sweat running down her whole body. She put her head on the desk but it only made things worse as she started seeing white dots and the buzzing got worse. She didn't register when Melo had left but she soon felt someone's hands on her as she was being lifted and carried around. She wanted to protest but she didn't have the strength to.

The person gently laid her down on a sofa it seemed and put a few cushions under her legs so that they were higher up. After a few minutes, the buzzing started lessening and the white dots slowly disappeared letting her recognise her surroundings. She turned her head to her left and was met with the sight of a very worried looking Serkan and behind him two very worried Melo and Leyla. She also recognised that she was in Serkan's old office upstairs.

"Hayatim, can you hear me? How are you feeling?" Serkan asked her, concern clear in his voice as he stroked her hair softly.

Eda nodded slightly. Her head still felt very heavy but she was more and more alert.

"Dada, did you eat this morning?"

Eda saw Serkan frown as he waited for her answer. She tried searching her memory but she had no idea if she had eaten or not. She had woken up with a slight nausea so she had only nibbed on an apple but she was hungry for sure now.

"I was feeling nauseous," she managed to say. "So I only took a couple of bites of an apple."

Serkan sighed while Leyla quickly disappeared behind them. "Eda..."

"It's not a big deal Serkan. I'm feeling better now."

"Here Eda. I brought you a breakfast."

Eda looked at Leyla who carried a whole tray full of various dishes on it. She gaped at her. "Leyla! This is too much!"

"Since I didn't know what you'd feel like, I put a bit of everything. There is a fruit salad, some toasts, eggs, cheese, jam... and I also brought you a glass of orange juice."

Eda's stomach rumbled loudly which made everybody chuckle. "You really shouldn't have bothered Leyla," Eda said as she tried sitting up with the help of Serkan. "But thank you very much because I am actually so hungry."

"Are you feeling alright sitting up?"

"Evet. Thanks."

Serkan nodded then took the trail from Leyla's hands and placed it on Eda's laps. When she tried to take a toast, they all saw as her hand started shaking. Therefore, Serkan took it for her and brought it to her mouth. She wanted to protest but decided otherwise upon seeing his insistent eyes. He continued like that until she had eaten almost everything Leyla had brought her. She really had been starving.

Once she was done, she felt so much better but as she was about to get up, Serkan held her down by the shoulders. "I'm fine now Serkan."

"I know but I want to know what happened."

"Nothing happened. I just felt weak and then everything started spinning and then you know the rest."

"Yes, that I know. But what were you doing before that?"

"Nothing much. I was just talking with Melo..."

"And Balca." Eda and Serkan both looked up at Melo who was still there, staying by her friend.

"Balca?" Serkan repeated.

"I gave her earring back."

"What else?"

"That's all."

"Is that so?" Serkan asked turning to Melo again.

"Evet eniste. Nothing more happened. We just talked to her for a bit. And then she left and Eda felt sick. And then I called you."

Serkan sighed. "Tamam. Thank you Melo for advising me."

"Of course. I'll let you both alone now. I have to go see Engin bey."

"Peki. Thank you Melo."

They both watched Melo leave the office, Leyla on her toes. Serkan then returned his attention to Eda. He observed her for a few minutes in silence, making sure that she was back to her usual self and when he was reassured that it looked like she was, he relaxed a bit.

"So, do you have anything to tell me?"

Eda who had closed her eyes, opened them and stared at him. "Like what?"

"Like what Balca did that caused you hypoglycaemia."

Eda rolled her eyes. "Like you're going to believe me anyway."

"Is this because you're jealous Eda?"

"It's not jealousy Serkan! I am stating facts!"

"Come on!"

"Don't you see the way she looks at you? Like you are a snack and she wants to gulp you down."

"Eda..."

"What about the fact that her face literally dropped when I gave her earring back? You can ask Melo!"

"That doesn't mean anything..."

"You don't believe me? Tamam! Then I'll prove it to you."

"Well alright. But I already know that you won't be able to because there is no such thing."

"Ah öyle mi?"

"Öyle. But please, stay away from her. I don't want your relationship with her to put a strain on you. You need to be careful Eda."

"I know! Ama peki. Let's make a bet then."

"A bet?" Eda nodded. "What kind of bet?"

"I bet that I will prove you that she is attracted to you."

Serkan thought for a moment before he accepted. "As you like. But what are we betting?"

"If I win..."

Eda thought for a moment. She really wanted something that could bother him. She looked around her and that's when she caught sight of Erdem downstairs, making a fool of himself as usual in front of two other workers. She opened her mouth wide as an idea came to her mind and she smiled turning back to Serkan. Oh, he didn't like that look... He wondered what she had come up with this time.

"If I win, Serkan Bolat..." she said with a mischievous smile, "You will have to hug Erdem and tell him that you love him."

Serkan's face dropped and he furrowed his brows. "Ne? Ha... Hayir Eda. I won't do that."

"Hmm hmm!" She nodded.

"Hayir."

"You will."

"Eda..."

"Then admit that I am right already!"

"I won't admit anything! There is no proof of it!"

"Okay, I'm going then."

"Tamam tamam! Wait." Serkan sighed in frustration. "I accept alright."

"That I am right?"

"No. The...bet. The "hug Er...dem" thing."

Eda smiled happily. "Will you really do it?" She watched as Serkan's face was constricted with disgust and annoyance.

"You haven't won so..."

"Oh but I will. Ama tamam," she prevented him from retorting, "what do you want if you win? Which clearly you won't ama neyse."

"Hmm," Serkan thought, "If I win..." he observed her for a moment before he settled on something. "If I win, Eda hanim, you'll have to come dine with me in Paris."

"A dinner? In Paris?" She frowned. "Are you serious?" Serkan nodded. "Tamam...peki..."

"It's a deal then," Serkan said holding out his hand for her to take it.

"Deal," she repeated as she shook his hand with a smile.

They looked at each other smiling for a while as they kept on shaking their hands. Eda thought about how she actually wouldn't mind being wrong if it meant she could go to the most romantic city in Europe with the love of her life. She looked at his intense hazel eyes then down at his full lips that she wanted to kiss right now. But then she shook her head as she recalled that she was still mad at him.

"My hand," she said with a smile.

"Hmm?" he smiled back.

"Can I have it back?" He let go of her hand after putting a soft kiss on its back, never breaking their eye contact and sending shivers down her spine.

As they made their way to the door, Eda suddenly had a thought and furrowed her brows as she turned to look at Serkan. "Serkan? How come you didn't call Dilek hanim when I fainted?"

"Oh but I did."

"Wait what? When?"

"I asked Leyla to call her while I was carrying you. And she's been on call until you woke up and ate."

"I see. I knew you wouldn't have been so calm otherwise."

"I only want to make sure that my babies are being taken care of the best they can," he said kissing the top of her head. "Even when they're being stubborn."

"I am not being stubborn Serkan. I am being rational! Unlike you." She declared as she turned around with a flick of her hair and exited the room leaving a smiling Serkan Bolat behind.

When noon came, Serkan came up with a brilliant plan to end this Balca thing and set things right with Eda. He put on his jacket and stopped by her desk to invite her to lunch. She didn't want to since she was still sulking but soon changed her mind when he added that he would also invite Balca to prove her wrong. It didn't particularly please her to have to share a meal with that woman but he was right and it would be the perfect opportunity.

The three of them soon left in Serkan's car and arrived at one of Serkan's favourite restaurant not too far away from work. They ordered a grilled salmon salad for Serkan while Eda decided on the mushroom spaghetti. Serkan wasn't particularly pleased by her choice but he couldn't let her know discreetly since she was fixated on the other woman who had ordered the same dish as him owing him a light kick under the table.

And it was only the beginning for Serkan as Eda didn't miss an occasion to discreetly show him every time she thought that Balca's words hinted at her actually being interested to him. It happened when she said how much she liked pasta as well, that she made a great sauce and that she could teach him how to make it. Eda was awestruck when Serkan answered her that it would be a great idea if she could cook it for them.

"It's pasta. Anyone can do it," Eda with a stiff smile before she threw a dark look at Balca. "Eh Balca, is there someone in your life?" Eda asked after a moment of silence which made Serkan roll his eyes as he tried to contain his laugh.

"It's a bit out of the blue..."

"But is there?"

Balca thought for a moment before she glanced at Serkan in front of her. "We could say there is."

"Is it someone we know, or an old flame or a new one maybe?"

"Let's say it's complicated."

Another kick almost made Serkan lost it as he bit his bottom lip not to burst into laughters. This was really getting out of proportions but seeing Eda this determined was very funny to him. He tried to calm her down because she looked like she was ready to fire their guest with questions, but she only glared at him.

"I heard that you have a dog Serkan bey?"

"Ah evet. His name is Sirius."

"Sirius! That's a very beautiful name. I have a peculiar interest in stars too. I love learning about them."

"Nice."

Eda just couldn't take it anymore so she dropped her spoon on the floor between herself and Serkan so that she could talk to him as privately as she could. Like she had expected gentleman Serkan quickly bent over so he could help her retrieve it.

"So do you believe me now? Do you accept that I won the bet?" she whispered as their faces were mere centimetres away from each other's.

"Nothing is clear yet Eda."

"What more do you need for it to be clear?"

He looked at her angry face with soft eyes. "You're so cute when you're angry."

She narrowed her eyes at him. "Focus Serkan!"

But he didn't answer, only straightened up as they fought for the spoon, each refusing to let go of it. "Eda, I heard that you're studying?"

"Evet. I'm in my final year."

"I miss those years. But business life is so different and interesting too. Working is the second most important thing in my life."

"What is the first?"

Balca looked at Serkan for a couple of seconds before answering. "Love of course."

Serkan winced in pain as Eda almost stabbed his leg with her heel a few times as he could clearly see that the PR's answer didn't sit well with her. He had to put a hand on her thigh to calm her down but she slapped it away just as their dishes arrived. He thanked God for good timing.

The rest of the lunch went without a hitch as they all enjoyed their respective dishes and Eda even lost a bit of her angry stance as she tried to make him taste her pasta. They bickered for a bit before he finally conceded and watched with a smile how happy it made her. To be fair, the spaghetti were really tasty so it wasn't that bad.

As they finished, Eda received a call from Efe but quickly ended it when she promised to call him back later. When she was done talking to her boss, she suggested that they'd leave but Serkan simply released Balca so that he could enjoy a bit more with her. Once she had left, they asked for two coffees before they resumed their discussion about the bet.

"I hope you finally admit that I won Serkan?"

"As I told you before, nothing is clear Eda."

"What more do you need to understand? How clear does it need to be? She asked for the same meal as you..."

"And why not?"

"She said that she is particularly interested in stars..."

"Everybody loves stars Eda."

"And if that wasn't enough she practically flirted with you when she talked about love being the first thing in her life."

"I think she was thinking about someone else when she talked about love Eda."

"She was looking at you."

"Who else should she look at? There were only two of us, it was either me or you!"

Eda closed her eyes while she inhaled in frustration. "Are you really that naive or are you doing this on purpose?" Serkan didn't answer and she continued. "Anyway, that won't be too long. Give me until tomorrow and I'll find the proofs."

"Can't we just go to Paris already?"

"You only say that because you don't want to hug Erdem..."

"Erd... Please...Neyse." Serkan shook his head. "Eda, why are you so fixated on this?"

"Because you refuse to see through her games!"

"Even if she was playing games as you say, why should it bother you? You know that I only have eyes for you. That you are my everything. Why does it matter whether she is interested in me or not?"

She opened then closed her mouth. As annoying as it was, she knew he was right. Why was she so fixated on this? It was not like Balca stood any kind of chance with Serkan or could go in between them. She realised that she had not been fair in this situation and that she had put a distance between them for nothing. And that was exactly what that woman wanted to do.

Eda felt a bit ashamed of herself for entering Balca's game. She silently got up under Serkan's confused gaze and went to sit on his lap putting her arms around his neck as she buried her nose in it as well. She had missed being in his arms since the day before and inhaling his musky scent warmed her insides.

"I'm so sorry aşkım. I let myself being blinded by some kind of jealousy and didn't realise that I was pushing you away. Can you forgive me?"

He didn't wait a second to hug her back, sliding his arms behind her and bringing her closer to him. "Of course I forgive you. How could it be any different? I was never angry with you in the first place."

"I know. I am the one who's been a pain lately..."

"Eda, don't say that. I can understand what you thought seeing a new woman getting close." He released his hold on her so she could look him in the eyes. "But I want you to know that I will never, ever, look at another woman like that. Do you hear me? Never." He caressed her straight hair with his right hand before he put a soft kiss on her lips.

She put her head back on his shoulder and they stayed in silence like this for a moment, him stroking her back and her the hair at the nape of his head. They thanked the waiter when he came back with their coffees and Eda went to sit back at her seat. They drank in silence, throwing loving glances and smiles to each other as they did.

"So. Now that the matter is settled. What about we start planning for that Paris trip?"

Eda rolled her eyes and chuckled. "Olur. But don't think that you won the bet."

"Let's just forget about that bet. Tamam mi?"

Eda smiled knowingly. "Tamam." She finished her coffee with one last gulp before she asked when they would be going.

"It's a surprise."

Eda narrowed her eyes. "Have you been planning this?"

He shrugged. "Who knows! Hadi gidelim."

He got up without letting her answer. He put on his coat and helped her putting on hers. After paying and letting a tip for the waiter, they intertwined their fingers and walked hand in hand to the entrance of the building.

As they passed it Eda leaned toward him and whispered in his ear. "Admit it, you're just happy that you won't have to hug Erdem."

He looked at her smiling face and just hooked a hand behind her waist pulling her body to his. "You see, I have way more interesting people to hug than Erdem. So excuse me if I prefer giving my attention to them."

"Them?" she frowned. "Am I not the only one?"

"You're the most important one. You and our minik bebek."

Eda rose on her tiptoes to kiss him on the cheek. She would have loved to kiss him more but they were in public and anyone could see them. They held hands once more as they walked to the parking lot and his car and headed back to work.

After ending her call with Efe, Eda went to talk to Serkan about it. She informed him that Efe's partner had decided to come earlier than anticipated and that he would be here by the end of the week which meant within three or four days. He had asked them to prepare an office for them as well as the company's files that they would be revising as soon as possible.

To say Serkan was not pleased would have been a euphemism. The man was boiling inside. He couldn't believe that he Efe had not had at least the decency to call him, instead asking Eda to be the carrier pigeon. He didn't like that at all. But he didn't have a choice anyway; that partner would finally make its appearance whether he liked it or not. He thought how good it would be that Eda and him would have their small gateway to Paris before the storm.

Serkan called for a meeting with the whole Art Life team to let them know about the news. He wanted everybody to be ready and contribute to the preparations as best as they could given the time frame but he knew he could trust them to do good work. He announced that they would arrange his upstairs office for the new partner since he didn't use it anyway. Once the work was distributed among them all, he put an end to the reunion and only asked Leyla and Engin to stay.

"What's up abicim?"

"Engin, I'll need you to keep an eye on everything here for a couple of days."

Engin frowned. "Neden? Where are you going?"

"I am going to Paris with Eda for a day or two."

"Allah Allah! In what occasion?"

"Can't I go to spend a bit of time with my love away from everything and everyone?"

"Evet, you're right. But I only wondered if there was another reason behind it... If you know what I mean...," he winked patting Serkan's shoulder as he did.

"Engin..."

"Tamam, I won't insist. But I want all the details when you get back. Okay..." he added when he saw Serkan's raised eyebrow, "maybe not all the details. But like what you'll see and everything. And don't worry about work, I'll take care of it."

"Thank you Engin. Leyla, I'll need you to arrange what we've talked about for tomorrow."

"Tamam Serkan bey. Will you travel tonight or tomorrow morning?"

"Tonight. Tell the company to get the jet ready for tonight."

"Tamam. I'll take care of it."

"Thank you Leyla."

Engin and Leyla both left the office and a few minutes later, Eda entered. "Aşkım, I'm going home now."

"I'll drop you off."

"No, you're still working. I'll go with Melo don't worry."

"Eda... if you give me 5 minutes then I'll be able to drop you both home. Lütfen."

"Peki o zaman. I'll go grab my things and join Melo."

"Good."

Serkan finished redacting his last report on the Golf Resort project before he closed his laptop and cleared his desk of any unwanted item during his absence. Not that he didn't trust his people but he always made sure everything was right before he left for any trip. He soon found Melo and Eda chatting in the entry hall and they all departed for the girls' neighbourhood.

When he parked in front of the Yildiz house, Melo quickly bid him farewell while he stayed with Eda a bit longer. "I need you to get ready because I have a surprise for you."

"Really? What is it?"

"We're going to Paris tonight."

Eda furrowed her brows looking at him. "Tonight?" Serkan nodded. "How is that possible?"

"The jet will leave at 11 p.m. So you have two hours to get ready before I come fetch you. And then we'll spend a whole day to ourselves there." He rubbed the tip of his nose on hers as he said so and she smiled.

"You really are full of surprises Serkan Bolat."

"And you haven't even seen everything yet Eda Yildiz."

"Hmm, then I can't wait," she whispered sultrily before she pulled on his head.

He grabbed her bottom lip hungrily, sucking on it like he had been deprived of water for days. He brought her closer to him, his hands all over her back and in her hair as they deepened the kiss. She moaned when she felt him grow hard against her belly at the same time as his tongue invaded her mouth, and this brought them both back to their senses.

They broke the kiss, searching for air. They both couldn't wait to finally be together away from the office and its dramas. They would have time to enjoy each other then. Only one thing worried her though: the preparations for the new partner. She shared her concerns but Serkan soon reassured her that Engin would manage everything.

"Hadi!" He said looking at his watch. "I should get going and you should start packing. In less than four hours, we'll be on our way to Paris."

"I can't wait," she smiled as she stroked his beard and put a last soft kiss on his lips.

He accompanied her to the gate and put a kiss on her temple before she went in. They waved at each other before she disappeared at the corner of the house. He ran down the stairs and got in his car. As he drove home, he couldn't help but smile as he thought about all the places they would go to and all he couldn't wait to show her. But most of all, he couldn't wait to see her reaction to the surprise he had planned for her.

Hello everybody! Happy Valentine's Day! Whether you're in couple or single, may your day be filled with love! Thank you all for your votes and comments on the last chapter! I hope that you enjoyed this one and that it mended your little hearts after last night's episode. Next chapter is going to be so fluffy i can already feel it! Don't forget to vote and comment if you liked it and i cannot wait to speak to you all very soon! Take care! - Sarah :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99.3K 2.3K 17
Dimitri left Rose pregnant. Rose found a note saying he left her for Tasha. Will relationships be tested? Is Rose in danger? And what unexpected gues...
6.5K 289 10
(lets vote and comment) This story start with Eda Serkan first break up after he knows the fact that Bolat Atakay holding company is the reason behin...
8.6K 578 9
Picking up from the end of episode 39. Eda finds out about Serkan's cancer, and her world turn upside down yet again.
368K 9.7K 37
Our faces are just inches away, his breath fanning my face. And after that, he says something, says a simple sentence that makes everything in my ins...