Nanny (completed)

By peachescroptop

When Athena Grey is working at her local bakery someone seems to accidentally leave their baby. She has no ot... More

part one
part two
part three
part four
part six
part seven
part eight
part nine
part ten
part eleven
part twelve
part thirteen
part fourteen
part fifteen
part sixteen
part seventeen
part eighteen

part five

151K 4.5K 2.6K
By peachescroptop

                  *Aces POV*

              We just left Athena's, and Sage has already started crying. I swear this has happened twice now. Why has my son gotten so attached to her? I mean yeah she's beautiful, and caring but why?

         Sage is only attached to me like this. It kinda makes me jealous. Every since Sages whore of a mother left, he's only been attached to me like that. Crying when I left, and not stopping till I got home. I can't go back to her house, because I don't want her to think I'm weird. Not that I care or anything. How could I care, what a person thinks of me? I thought. I'm Ace Rossi, Don of the Italian mafia, what do I care. It's not like I like her or anything.

        I tried to convince myself that I didn't care, but deep down I did. I don't want to scare off the woman who my son loves. Yeah, that makes sense. I made my way to the car parked outside of her Apartment. I opened the back door, placing Sage in his car seat, my insides were warming up looking at how cute his red face looked, from all the crying.

         Don't get me wrong I feel really bad, but he's just so cute like that. I shook my thoughts off, closing the door. I went over to my side of the car, getting in, and throwing the baby bag in the passenger seat. I started the car and drove off. Weirdly I like driving, it calms me down. It eases my thoughts, but right now, with a crying baby, it wasn't so peaceful.

         After a short ten-minute drive, which also seemly felt like hours with Sage, we got to my house. I drove past the gates into the long driveway. I pulled up to my house, turning off the car. I stepped out, closing the door, enjoying the ten or so, seconds without a crying baby. I went over to Sage's door, opening it, only to have my ears filled with a loud cry.

           I let out a loud sigh, bending down to unbuckle him. Once I unbuckled him and picked him up, I started bouncing him as Athena did. It worked only about the time it took us to walk inside. And let me say that was the best minute or two minutes of my life. Just the quiet, with my favourite person in the world, that was until we made it inside and he started crying. And this time it wasn't like before, it was scream-crying.

           I know the maids and guards can hear it. That's just how loud it was. I look over to my right and see a guard with an unpleasant look on his face. I mentally laughed at that. My brain snapped out of it when Sage only started crying louder. I had to pull him off of my hip and hold him a distance from my ear.

          I am so damn tempted to go back to Athenas and let her deal with this shit, but I can't. I don't want to seem like a pussy to her, someone who can't even take care of their kid, who also seems like there stalking her. I might sorta care about what she thinks of me. There I said it. I don't know, how to explain this. I never cared about what anyone thought of me, but when it comes to her, I just really don't know. What the fuck is she doing to me.

          I asked her to be my nanny this morning. I know Sage practically loves her, and I don't mind her company. Which is weird because I mind everyone's company. I looked over at Sage and see he's still crying. I need to feed him, I thought. I can't remember the last time he ate. I'm sure Athena must have fed him, but maybe he's hungry again. I walked past the living room into the kitchen. Looking for some type of baby food, or bottle. I opened the fridge to see some baby food in there. I mentally cheered, grabbing it and making my way to the baby spoon drawer in my kitchen. Yes, my child has his drawer for his spoons.

           I grabbed one, closing the drawer, making my way to the dining room. During all of this Sage is still crying, go figure. I placed him down in his high chair, strapping him in, and sitting down myself. I opened his baby food, dipping the spoon in it, and bring it to Sage's mouth. To my surprise, he ate it.

        Hopefully, this will make him stop crying, I fed him spoonful after spoonful, and he seemed to be enjoying it until halfway through when he stopped eating. Whenever I would try and give him another spoonful he would turn his head. Okay that's it I'm sick of this shit. I have work to be doing. At this point, I almost got in the car and went over to Athenas. But in the end, I decided against it.

         I picked Sage up from his high chair and bounced him. He was still crying but his cry's got quieter and quieter, until he fell asleep, fully. I walked towards the kitchen, throwing his spoon in the sink. I then the baby food in the garbage.

        I began my long walk down the corridor, to my bedroom. It was mainly blacks, and greys, but still had a cozy feel to it. I placed Sage in the middle of my bed, putting a soft blanket over his body. I usually let Sage sleep in here because my bed smells like me. Sometimes he can freak out when he doesn't feel me around him, so my bed helps him calm down. I stayed and admired him for a little longer. I can't believe I made that. I know allowing him to sleep at this time would only keep him up at night, but I need to break from all his crying.

        At this point, I would practically do anything for him to stop crying. I knew I had to get some type of work done today, so I set up a baby monitor, in my room and made my way to my office. Once I got there, I saw a stack of papers already waiting for me. I immediately got to work, filling out shipment orders, import orders, dealing with new business propositions, dealing with issues with the Russians, basically all of it.

           I was midway through the stack when my door busted open. I only knew one person who would do that. Giovanni. My best friend, I looked up and saw him making his way to my desk. He then practically threw himself in one of my chairs and kicked his feet onto my desk. I swear if that was anyone else they would have been in a body bag by now. "Hello, Gio." I greeted, gritting my teeth, trying no to go off on him. Today's just been super stressful, and crazy. "Hello, Ace." He said with a goofy smile, almost mocking me, waiting for me to say something.

         "So what brings you here," I asked. "Oh, you're so kind to ask. I'm here to hang out with my bestie." He said in a girly voice. I laughed, "No but really why are you here." I asked trying to be more serious, which was something I could never fully do around Gio. "I just want to know where my friend has been for the last day." He said taking his feet off my desk, leaving back in his chair. "I've been trying to find Sage a new nanny. The last one, you know oldish one with blond hair, left him at a bakery. So I went to go get him and found out he was in the arms of a young brunette, who has now taken over his heart. And when every he's away from her he cries non-stop. I just now, got him to sleep." I said inhaling a breath of air.

        Gio looked at me like I was dumb. "Ooo Ace found a girlfriend." He said in a girly voice, laughing. "Did not. I just met her yesterday for Christ Sake." I exclaimed. He just laughed it off, like he always does. "Real talk, the Russians are getting on my fucking nerves. Today they stole our weapons shipment." He said now seriously. "Again?!" I asked. It was no secret that the Russians and Italians had a war going on, but now they're just getting petty.

       "Don't worry, I've taken care of it for now, but if they don't stop, we may have to make them." He said, hinting at the fact that we may have to take out the Russian mafia leader, Ivan Moscow. I don't want any more blood on my hands than necessary but these goddamn Russians need to learn. "Yeah," I replied dryly. "Hey listen, I need to finish this paperwork," I said looking at Gio, who looked lost in thought. "Yeah, okay." He said standing up, walking towards the exit. He closed my doors, leaving me now alone with my paperwork and thoughts.

          I began again before an image of Athena popped into my head. I groaned trying to get it out. Why do I feel like this? I eventually got the image to leave, continuing my paperwork.

                 *Time Skip*

          It's been a few hours and I'm officially done. I get up and head to my room, to see Sage has rolled over but is still peacefully asleep. I walked to my closet grabbing some sweatpants and a black shirt, heading to my bathroom, turning the shower on. I turned it to the right temperature, getting undressed and steeping in. I allowed the water to soothe me and calm my thoughts down, I quickly washed my hair and body stepping out, and drying off. I changed quickly, being ready to lay in my bed. Just as I stepped out of my bathroom, Sage woke up. Not even thirty seconds later, he started crying.

          I walked over to him and picked him up. I tried to bounce him back to sleep, but he wouldn't stop. Damn. All I wanted was a peaceful night's rest. I don't care anymore, I'm going to Athenas. I slipped my slippers on and headed out the door. I forgot my phone, so I had to go back and get it. I know I seem like I can't even care for my child, but he wants Athena. I grabbed a new baby bag fully stocked out of Sages room. And now officially started heading out. I don't care that it happens to be four am.

        Athenas probably asleep by now, but I don't care. I just want Sage to shut up. By now I had made my way out of the house and to my car. I opened the back door, buckling a wailing Sage in, closing his door, getting in mine fast. I guess Sage isn't the only one excited to see Athena.

         I turned the car on, quickly putting the car in reverse and driving out my driveway. I nodded at the guards at the gate while driving off. I made the ten-minute drive, which happened to feel like an eternity to get to her apartment building. I turned the car off stepping out. I closed my door making my way to Sages. I opened his door, to only find him crying louder than before. I rolled my eyes, getting him out along with his bag, closing and locking the doors. When I made it to the lobby of the apartment building, the clerk looked at me as if I had two heads. It's probably because of Sage.

         I ignored her, taking the elevator to her floor number. Once I had stepped in, I realized all of this was going to end soon. As soon as Sage was in Athenas arms he was going to stop crying. And that thought alone made me the happiest man on earth. The elevator dinged meaning we were here. The closer we got the more my heart rate increased. I walked out of the elevator down the long hallway of her apartment floor.

          I stepped in front of her door knocking. I was standing there trying to calm Sage down, I heard the door unlock, and saw Athena open the door a tiny bit. When she realized who it was, she pushed the door open fully. She had messy hair and pyjamas on. It was very clear she was sleeping. I practically shove Sage in her arms, "Ace you can't keep showing up like this. You scared the shit out of me." She said, her voice a little raspy. "Yes I know, but he's has been crying all day. He doesn't want anything. No one can calm him down, and it's been like hours. You're the only person I know who can call him down properly." I said rambling, it's true she's the only person I know who can do what she does with Sage. She opened the door a little wider allowing me to come in.

"Please call before you come banging on my door at four am." She said, I closed the door behind us, locking it, and following her to the kitchen to see her put a big knife away. "He probably needs a bottle and a diaper change," I said, at the doorway way watching her. "Okay, but after I'm going back to sleep. If you and Sage need to stay, then okay, but I'm going back to bed." She said. She began walking closer to me to grab the baby bag. "Hey, can you make a bottle while I change him?" She asked.

"Yeah." I groaned out. The thought of sleep right now is so good. I walked toward the baby bag, grabbing a bottle and some formula. I put some room temperature water I the bottle, and two scoops of formula. I began shaking it, making sure there are no clumps of formula in there. I was standing there shaking the bottle when I realized Athena was back in here. She walked over to me handing sage and began washing her hands. I began feeding Sage, and within ten seconds he was out cold again.

       "Are you sleeping here tonight? I mean it is the middle of the night." She asked looking at Sage then up at me. "Yeah, I guess we can stay," I said looking at her then back at sage. I didn't have the energy to drive back home. And if Sage realized we weren't with Athena he'd probably freak out.

"Alright let me get the couch ready for you." She said, walking away. I stood in the kitchen for a few more seconds feeding Sage, who was still drinking his bottle in his sleep. I did this for another minute before pulling the bottle away. And slightly rocking him.

I figured I should go to see what Athena was doing. As soon as I walked out she finished, I was kinda disappointed I wasn't going to be able to talk to her, but I shrugged it off. The couch looked quite comfortable, better than last night. I'm pretty sure my neck is still messed up from that. "Goodnight Ace." I heard her voice call out. "Night," I replied now too tired to even form a sentence. I handed Sage to Athena, getting kinda jealous that he gets to sleep with her on a comfortable bed, while I get the couch, but those thoughts didn't last long before I got settled and drifted into darkness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

152K 3.1K 45
Jupiter's life has always been hard from her mom taking her way from her family to her mother's boyfriend beating her almost every day. Then it all c...
392K 8K 37
Book #2 (Tainted Scars Series) "Where am I? Who the hell are you?" He stared at me from across the room, "knowing my name is useless and dangerous."...
32.8K 1K 24
Can you imagine just lying in the hospital bed waiting for death to welcome you to suddenly wake up to being a kept woman? Not just any kept woman, b...
887K 18K 27
•°•Mature contents!•°• Please Note! The book 'The Insemination' has been (REWRITTEN) A lot of changes were made including names and plotting of the s...