Blood and Steel

By Borisdeep69

Vorgen Galahad. A knight who is a member of the order of the Black Priors. Knights who are not bound to the c... More

Part 1 "On the Job"
Part 2 "Assignment"
Part 3 "Hard Water"
Part 4 "Brawl"
Part 5 "Just My Luck"
Part 6 "Home sweet home"
Part 7 "Farewell"
Part 8 "Warlords and Cowards"
Part 9 "Fishy"
Part 10 "And Stay Out!"
Part 11 "YOU'RE BANNED"
Part 12 "Be kind to him"
Character BIO
Part 13 "Finding a Fugitive"
Part 14 "The kid"
Part 15 "Freedom"
Part 16 "The Blackstone Legion"
Part 17 "Animal"
Part 18 "A Man Can Dream"
Part 19 "The Scouts"
Part 20 "Valkenheim in winter"
Part 21 "Love?"
Part 22 "Drunk"
Part 23 "Wolves Among Sheep"
Part 24 "The Rabid Wolf"
Part 25 "Sacrifice"
Part 26 "Something to Remember Me by"
Part 27 "The Ritual"
Part 29 "Back to The Roots"
Part 30 "The Dream"
Part 31 "The Cycle of Violence"
Part 32 "Raiding The Raiders"
CHARACTER BIO : UPDATED
Part 33 "Life Goes On"
Part 34 "Family"
Part 35 "Old Wounds"
Part 36 "The Angel of Death"
Part 37 "Memories"
Part 38 "Arrival"
Part 39 "Oh Cousin"
Part 40 "Family Reunion"
Part 41 "Wolf and Meat"
Part 42 "Just a Stranger"
Part 43 "Late Night Conversation"
Part 44 "Lunacy"
Part 45 "The Shady man"
Part 46 "Flowers"
Part 47 "Confrontation"
Part 48 "Cursed"
Part 49 "Dead Man Walking"
Part 50 "End up in Smoke"
Part 51 "Scarred"
Part 52 "Wounds of The Past"
Part 53 "Red Stains"
Part 54 "Knife to The Gut"
Part 55 "A Friendly Face"
Part 56 "Chivalry"
Part 57 "A White Lie"
Part 58 "Knowledge"
Part 59 "Unexpected Effects"
Part 60 "Father Dearest"
Part 61 "Just Have To say It"

Part 28 "A Familiar Face"

517 25 5
By Borisdeep69

Cold
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I feel ...... Cold ....

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Everything's black

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

A dark abyss......
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Wait...... Is that?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Light?

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Am i.... Am i going to heaven?

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

No fuckin way......

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

How can an asshole like me go to heaven?

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Sweet mother of god.....

A giant door made of gold......

I must be trippin.

So like.... I have to get up those stairs.... I think.... Okay.....

After walking the steps, i looked up to the Enourmous piece of creation. Wondering what kind of fool would leave some solid ass gold door, unattended.

Maybe i can like.... Carve the gold or something.

*CLACK* *Sounds of door opening*

Vorgen: "Whoa shit! Um i was not thinking about carving the gold or somethi-- oh..... Oh my"

The giant door was opened and inside i could see people happily dancing singing, smiling, and.... Drinking...

Drink.... DRINK!!

Third person pov

As soon as he saw them alcohol, Vorgen rushed to the nearest table

Vorgen: "GIVE MEEEE!!"

???: "Hahaha easy there, Lad! There's more than plenty. Drink to your hearts content"

Grabbing drinks with both his hands he then poured them onto his face.

*PSSSRRHHHH*

Vorgen: *Gluck* *gluck* "HAHA!! WHOOOOO!!! FUCK YEAH!! I DESERVE THIS!!""

The man was in bliss and in complete happiness but that happiness was short live, when he realized he wasn't wearing anything to hide his face. His armor and helmet was gone, And he felt something thick and scruffy on his face.

Vorgen: "Wh... What the....*Rubs face* I... Since when did i have a long beard...... And.... Who are you people?"

The people only smiled and laughed at the silly question. While Vorgen just stood there wearing a confused expression.

???1: "Are you seriously asking us that? You're in Valhalla!!"

Vorgen: "Valha what?! Huh?! Isn't that for vikings?!"

???2: "That's why you're here"

Vorgen: "Nonono i don't think you understand...I... I'm not supposed to be here.....I'm in the wrong place...."

???: "No you're not Child"
Said an elderly voice behind him.

Looking behind him, Vorgen went face to face with a one eyed Old man, wearing a wide brimmed hat, black cloak, and a spear in his hands. There were also a pair of raven perching on his shoulders.

He strangely looked familiar to the knight.

Vorgen: "Uh... Have... We met before?"

The whole place went quiet, the Vikings lowered their heads, seemingly out of respect for the Old man.

???: "Don't mind us!! Keep Feasting people!! HAHA!!"

"AYE!! YEAHHHH!! WHOOO!!" Shouted the vikings, cheering and celebrating with smiles and laugh on their faces.

???: "Walk with me, Vorgen"
Said the old man, walking off to another direction, with Vorgen who hesitantly decided to follow him.

______________________________________________________________________________

The knight walked side by side with the mysterious figure. Looking left and right as they walked, he could see more vikings feasting on dining tables and fight in a friendly battle.

The place was luxurious. Foods and beverages, spit roasted animals served on every table, and there were no end to them.

Vorgen: "What the fuck..... This is Valhalla?"

???: "The one and only"

Vorgen: "Well shit... This place looks fun for an afterlife" Said the Black prior, admiring the place.

???: "And you're here, Vorgen! Do you want to join them for a bit?"

Vorgen: "Uuuh.... No I'll pass... I don't know anyone here. Wait....How did you know my name?"

???: "I've been watching you in midgard since you were just a little kid" Said the Old man as he opened another door. The door was an exit of the feasting halls to another vast halls made of Gold.

Vorgen: "Mid what now? Watching me since.... i was little? Well that's.... Kinda creepy..."

???: *Chuckle* "You and your jokes......You never fail to make me laugh, child. "

Vorgen: "Anyway.... Where are you taking me? Nonono firstly.... who exactly are you?"

The elderly man suddenly stopped. Prompting Vorgen to also stop in his tracks.

Turning to face Vorgen, he looked and declared to his face.

Odin: " I'm Odin"

Vorgen: "ODIN?!..... "THE" .....Odin?!"

Odin: "Yes. I am"

Vorgen: *Intense staring*

Odin: "........................."

Vorgen: "Nope! Never heard of you"

Odin: "......... Of course you don't"

Vorgen: "Hey but you seem kinda cool and nice so far, so you're ok in my book."

Odin: "I am a god, Vorgen..... The Lord of Asgard. The God of the Vikings"

Vorgen: "Oh........OH!! "
Said the knight in disbelief, almost spitting on the face of the God of the Vikings.

Odin: *Sigh* "Too close..."

Vorgen: "I-i apologize i-- wait.... what does the viking God want with someone like me? I'm not even a Viking! I'm Not even supposed to be here BRO!! There's some kind of mistake!"

Odin: "Mistake....? Do tell."

Vorgen: "Look....I know I'm dead okay and i accept that. The problem is.... This is not where I'm supposed to be...."

Odin: "Then where?"

Vorgen: "I dunno.... Heaven... Maybe Christian heaven...or maybe you know down...... There......."
Said the Knight sheepishly. Pointing his fingers at the ground.

Odin: "Do You mean hell?"

Vorgen: "Um.... Yeah..."

Odin: "It's called Helheim around here.......But Tell me Vorgen. Why must you go down to that place?"

Vorgen: "I admit that I'm not...."

Odin: "Not what?"

Vorgen: "I admit that I'm not a good person......... I'm a degenerate.... A scum... A pile of trash... Not even worthy of being recycled....."

Odin: "Is this because you have killed a man in front of her daughter and wife back in Svengård?"

The Black prior Remained silent. Averting his eyes and facing the ground in shame.

Vorgen: "I've killed many families before..... I've killed husbands... Wives....... Childrens....."

Odin: "But what about the last thing you did? You died in battle, Lad! You killed a large numbet ofthose Blackstone vermins.
For a noble reason also! That's a good deed even the worst of gods has to acknowledge"

Vorgen: "That didn't matter. My sin outweighs my deeds. And also.....I did that for myself.... For my own selfish reasons........"

Odin: "No.... Not just that..... I know deep inside, there's something else. Come on say it. It's all right"

Vorgen: "That last show i put in Valkenheim......it ain't for saving my friend. It ain't for a noble reason. It was a way to deal with.... A heartbreak. I.....I was planning to die. I had fucking enough....."

Odin: "You can't lie to me Vorgen..... I know everything."

Vorgen: "I'm not Lying!"

Odin: "Yes. You. Are....... You died for a friend? I know They were more than a friend to you..... She rejected you causing your heart to break. You actually planned to deal with that heartbreak by spending your entire life drinking till you die not by sacrificing yourself on that lake. You protected her till the end."

Vorgen: *Sigh*

Odin: "You really loved her didn't you? No.... You still love her.

Vorgen: "............."

Clicking his tongue, he started to scratch his head in annoyance, before sighing and looking at Odin.

Vorgen: "Could you please not touch on that matter?"

Odin: "Very well...... But still......"

Vorgen: "Oh god....."
Groaned the knight.

Odin: "Now hold on, Lad. From how i heard it from you. You seemed regrettable about what you had done in your life......."

Vorgen: "..... Well.... I can't argue with that"

Odin: "Say.....Do you believe in second chances Vorgen?'

Vorgen: "It Depends..."

Odin: "Then....If somehow.... Hy... wait....Hy...Hypo...hippo... That thing you always say... What is it again?"

Vorgen: "Hypothetically....."

Odin: "Yes. If hypothetically You were given a chance to mend all your mistakes and wrong doings ..... Would you take it?"

Vorgen: "Whe.....where..... Where are you going with this?"

Odin: "Just tell me"

Vorgen: "................."

Odin: "....................."

Vorgen: *Sigh* "Yes..... Yes i would take it"

Odin: "Good"

Vorgen: "So? Shall we continue walking to fuck knows where?"

???: "Watch your mouth boy...." Said One of the Ravens on Odin's shoulders.

Vorgen: "A Talking Raven.... Great..."

______________________________________________________________________________

They both finally arrived at another giant door made of gold. Seeing this the Black prior approach the door.

He then tried to touch it and flicking his finger at it.

*Clink* *Clink*

Vorgen: "Hmmm Another Solid gold"

Hugging the door, He then rubbed his hands on it.

Vorgen: *Sniff* *Sniff* *SNIIIIIFFF*

Like the curious Lunatic that he is.
He then started sniffing before finally Committing an incredible act of Lunacy.

He licked the door.

Vorgen: *Lick* *Slurp* "Oh it's Legit!"

Odin: ( ×_0 )

Vorgen: "I was just.... Um....Making sure...."

Odin: "You're the first Mortal to do that...."

Vorgen: "That's... Good to know"

Odin: "Anyway.... Behind this door. You will get your answers and there's someone I'm sure you'd like to meet"

*Clack*

The door was then opened as if in command by the All father.

As it opened a strong breeze and blinding light hit the Face of the Black prior. Vorgen shielded his face from the strong breeze, but in the end he closed his eyes and embraced the wind.

After a moment The light slowly became bearable to the eyes and the wind became more gentle. This allowed the Black prior to open his eyes and gaze upon the magnificent sight.

Vorgen: "OH FUCK!! Are those flying islands.....? Holy shit i should've brought a camera!!"

Odin: "..... What is this camera you speak of?"

Vorgen: "Oh it's a-- wait...what's a camera again?"

Odin: ".....Forget i asked"
The one eyed god sighed as he continued walking.

______________________________________________________________________________

After several minutes of walking
The sight in front of them was a green vast plain. Soft green grass, flowers, trees. It was also home to many small animals, deers, birds, and others forest creatures.

And the most visible thing in sight was an enormous tree at the center of it all, towering and giving shade to all living things from the gentle sun.

Vorgen: "That's a big ass tree...."

Odin: "That.... Is Yggdrasil... The tree of life."

Vorgen: "There's people here too? I thought all of the Vikings were only feasting and partying all day in the Afterlife" Said the Knight, as he observed the people they met on their way.

Odin: "The place where you first arrived were for people that died in battle. Whereas This place is for the people who died for a good reason, the people whose deeds in life are very appreciated in my eye."

Vorgen: "So this place is for relaxing while the Crowdy place back there are for partying?"

Odin: "To make it simple then... Yes. But this place is exclusive for some
people"

Vorgen: "I thought the only way for people to get here is to die in battle."

*Thud*

Odin suddenly stopped, knocking the blunt end of his spear to the ground.

Odin: "Things have changed.... To die in battle is Admirable. But The Good deeds done by mortals are the most important thing if they are to be deemed worthy to enter my Haven."
Said the one-eyed god with a bitter expression.

Vorgen: "....Okay... Then... Shall we continue?"

Odin: "This is my stop, Child. You are going alone from here.... Continue to go straight from here and Head to the center of Yggdrasil. There will be someone who will have your answers waiting for you there."

Looking quite unsure about what Odin said, Vorgen looked at him with concern, before slowly walking off, leaving the One eyed god and his ravens"

______________________________________________________________________________

Vorgen POV

Vorgen: "God dammit..... After walking all the way here.... For what felt like hours... What is there for me to do? I'm fucking clueless......"

That Odin guy told me there's something here. Oh right he told me about someone I'm supposed to meet..... But where the hell are they?

I'm currently at the bottom of Yggdrasil, and the place had somekind of a garden, where people gathered and chill with each other. They looked calm and at peace with the place.

Now that i looked at them.... The people here are mostly old, childrens, teenagers, women, and they don't have any sign of being a warrior in their mortal days.

They are wearing white and green tunics..... And they're wearing.... Bracelets, Necklaces, crown made of ..........flowers?!

Vorgen: "They looked like a bunch of hippies..."

I wouldn't be surprised if one them got some drugs in their pocket.

Vorgen: *Sigh* "You know what.... I'm just gonna sit somewhere and process all of this...."

(Music goes till the end)

???: *Hum* *Hum*

Vorgen: " What the.... That sound.."

No Not a sound. A song. That song.....

A soothing melody filled my ears. The sound of which i was really familiar with.... But where.... I couldn't put finger on it.

And the source of that gentle humming came from a single woman.
Unlike the other people around, she looked like a warrior with the leather armor she was wearing.

She was sitting on the grass, leaning on a tree. She looked young, gentle and beautiful.

Her long brown hair were gently flowing with the wind causing the smell of her hair to fill my senses.

She .... Who is she...

Third person POV

Without him realizing, his feet slowly walked on their own, to the direction of the young woman.

The woman was focused in her own world. Humming and singing a gentle tune while she was playing with a Flower in her hand.

???: *Humming* "Hum...hum....hu--"

The woman's humming was stopped when a strong breeze came, and she noticed a shade looming over him.

Looking up to the source, the first thing she saw was a tall figure, standing before her.

A male with black messy hair and a scruffy beard. Black circles under his eyes and a pair of dark brown eyes, identical to the woman's eyes.

Her eyes widened at the sight of the Man standing before her. With a low tone he then greeted her.

Vorgen: "Hello.... Ma'am"

???: "Y-- You're ....... Vorgen?"

Vorgen: "And you are....?"
Asked the Black Prior, a bit surprised as to why the woman knew his name, just like the Old god he had met.
Causing the Black prior to think that the person before him was actually a goddess.

The young woman paid no mind to his question, she only smiled at him. Standing up She then grabbed his shoulders, forcing him to lower his posture and hugged him.

???: "Oh my boy *Sobs* My sweet Sweet boy...."

Vorgen's eyes widened in surprise. And in that exact moment he was frozen in shock. A surge of memories started running through his head.

Glimpses of scenes, faces, voices, sounds. Faint Memories that had been showing up in his dreams, was starting to make sense.

And the Strongest image he could get from those dreams were the same gentle beautiful woman. The exact same one as the one before him.

Vorgen: "M-mother.....Mom....?"

TO BE CONTINUED

2440 words

Thank you for reading folks!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91.4K 1.4K 23
When Astrid discovers Hiccup bonds with a Night Fury, she sells them out to Stoick and the rest of the tribe. Barely escaping with their lives, Hiccu...
158 9 23
Deadbeat incel loser experiences the final breaking point and dies a wanted death. Only to find himself in a strange predicament. In a new world, wit...
75.6K 1.6K 37
Good soldiers follow orders, but true warriors know what is right. Since the start of civilization, soldiers have been a part of every society. They...
191 13 11
Sometimes the best knight is a damsel. In a world where women are seen as weak, defenceless creatures for men to protect and own, one orphan girl wan...