The Sea of You & Me

Fireheart73 tarafından

Nobody told me adulthood was going to be this way. How I constantly feel like I have no idea what I'm doing... Daha Fazla

Hello Lovelies
1. Cal
2. Kenny
3. Cal
4. Cal
6. Cal
7. Kenny
8. Cal
9. Kenny
Cal
11. Cal
12. Kenny
13. Cal
14. Kenny
15. Kenny
16. Cal
17. Kennedy
18. Cal
19. Kennedy
20. Kennedy
21. Cal
22. Kennedy
Epilogue- Kennedy
THANK YOU ❤️

5. Kenny

894 20 2
Fireheart73 tarafından

Chapter song: Change Ur Mind- Sarcastic Sounds, Claire Rosinkraz & Clinton Kane 

"It's good to have you back," Ty smiled. It was a warm smile that I wasn't used to getting from him. I guess a few years apart and growing up did us some good. 

"I can't tell if I'm glad to be back," I admitted as we walked down the hallway.

"I get that. It was weird coming back for me too. How long do you plan on staying?" It was a casual question. But I was tired of everyone asking. Maybe I was more tired of not having an answer.

"I don't know. At least until the weddings over." 

"Oh, are you doing photos for them too?" He glanced down at me as we neared the lobby.

"Probably some here and there during the reception but they're hiring someone," I shrugged. Not that I minded.

His eyes gazed past me and I didn't turn around to follow them. I knew Liam was here and judging by the way Ty shifted uncomfortably there was a good guess that Cal was with him.

"Thanks again KP, I really appreciate you doing this." Ty's voice was loud enough that it caught whoever was behind us's attention.

"Yeah anytime. Just let me know what time and day work best for the team. And whenever you want me to get some photos here just call me. I'm available whenever," I chuckled lightly giving him a small smile.

I did mean it, that I'd do it anytime. Over the past few years taking photos had become my biggest hobby. I'd take a few photos for a friend anytime.

Before I walked over to Liam who lingered there with Cal, Ty pulled me in for a hug. I was taken aback at first but welcome his warmth. We rarely hugged but maybe he thought I needed it.

"What were you doing with Ty?" Liam asked after I walked up.

"He called me asking that if I had time when I came to town to meet with him. He wanted to see if I could take pictures of the club team he's coaching and of the gym. He said he wanted to update the website and Instagram." I explained quickly before saying hi to Natalie. I hadn't seen her since I got back and I'd been meaning to catch up. "Then I told him that I was in town now and I could meet whenever,"  I shrugged.

"How'd it go?" Cal asked genuinely curious.

"I think it went well. I'll go to the club later this week and get some photos of them practicing before I take the official team photos."

"Oh, that's good."

That's good. It was. I mean what else was there for either of us to say?

"Yeah," I sighed. I looked towards Liam hoping he'd help but he said nothing. What an ass. I turned towards Natalie, "hey wanna come over to Riley's tonight? She wants to FaceTime Hayden and have a wine night."

"Yeah, I'm off in an hour and don't have much homework so I can just meet you there once I'm done here. Unless my boss wants to let me go home early," she gave a pleasing look at Ty. She even batted her eyelashes.

He laughed at her, "not a chance. Nice try though." It was funny, because of how casual he was. It wasn't snarky or cruel like how he was in high school. I was proud of him. In a strange sort of motherly way.

"You're the worst. I quit," she grumbled.

"No you don't," he winked. "Try again tomorrow."

"You know it's my house too right?" Liam asked me.

"Yes but Riley is the one we have plans with," I pointed out.

"Well fine. I didn't want to hang out with you anyways," he said a little hurt. Probably just joking or being dramatic. "You guys wanna come over then beers and video games?"

Cal and Ty looked at one another as if having a silent conversation in their head. Then back at Liam and nodded. Cal mentioned something about how he'll call Mason on the way there to meet us over.

I said a quick goodbye to Natalie and followed Liam to his car. I decided not to say anything to cal unless I absolutely had to. We probably exceeded our word limit already.

It was a good thing Liam didn't question it, but we did talk about the photos I was doing for Ty on the way home. It was good to talk about something other than Cal for a change.

.......

"Okay so let's hear it. The downfall of Sam the Clam," Riley announced as she poured more wine in each of our glasses.

For some reason, we were all sitting on different parts of the kitchen counter and there was my iPad set up with Hayden's face radiating the screen.

"Clam? Really?" I looked at her.

"I just said it because it rhymed. I could say a lot worse," she shrugged.

"Oh, I know you can." I took a sip. Sweet but not too sweet. Maybe a hint of apple. She picked a good one tonight.

I knew Riley knew the entire story but Natalie and Hayden didn't. They knew we'd broken up before I left to come back here. But Riley only knew all the details. She knew that I wouldn't share every detail if I wasn't comfortable, but at this point, I didn't care. We were over. 

I had officially let go when I told him no. Moving all my things out, and selling most of what I could really helped. Coming home seemed like the best idea if I had to admit it. 

"Okay, so we were at his parent's anniversary party. It was great we were having a good time and at the end of the night he pretended to tie his shoe and pulled out a ring." I winced at the cheesiness I just admitted.

"Well obviously it didn't work out, go on", Hayden yelled. I could only muster a chuckle before continuing.

"He gave this whole speech about how we were good for each other. And we could have a comfortable life. And something about him saying those words good, comfortable, it's just- I don't know," I paused. "It felt forced. It wasn't until he pulled out the ring I realized that this life wasn't the one I wanted." I felt terrible saying it out loud, but what else could I say? 

"Wow," Natalie whispered grabbing a handful of Cheetos that sat next to her.

"I told him couldn't do it." I paused to look at Hayden, "obviously".

"No!" Natalie gasped dropping a Cheeto.

"Yeah," I sighed taking another sip of wine. "I mean, he was a nice guy don't get me wrong. But I don't know, I never really thought about our lives together until he was on his knee. Then, BOOM. My whole life flashed before my eyes, and I was coming home to an empty house while he was having late nights at the office banging his secretary and I was getting wine drunk every night hanging out with our dog." I shuddered. 

I was probably just making things up, but I swore that's what happened, and I couldn't do it. We had a great relationship and we were comfortable. But long term? I guess I just never thought that far ahead with him, and then I was turning down a proposal. 

"You left out the part where he tried to blame you for him proposing" Riley commented.

"Can you send me your old address? Asking for a friend", Hayden shouted.

I winced at Riley's comment. "He did try to pin it on me."

"Well, what did you do? Please tell me you don't believe him?" Natalie balked at the idea. "Why would that  be your idea?"

"He tried to say he was only proposing to me so that I didn't feel bad or alone since one of my best friends was getting married." I raised my glass in Riley's direction. "For the record, I don't give a shit about being on a timeline and being engaged at the same time. You know I am incredibly happy for you."

"I'm not offended don't worry." 

"You know nothing he said to you was true right Ken?" Hayden asked. I gave him a small smile and nodded in his direction.

Riley leaned over to grab my hand. "I'm glad you had the courage to leave. Even if it was hard." She kissed my hand before pouring us some more wine. "Scary change can still be a good change."

"He still is a good person, just not for me," I shrugged taking another sip. "He was a big help after everything." They all nodded in silence. We didn't talk about it much. I don't blame them. 

"We support you, Ken," Natalie smiled. I was grateful for how far we'd come. Sometimes I would still tease her about it, and she hated every bit of it. But it was good we could laugh at our stupidity now. 

"Okay enough about me," I shivered. "What's new with all of you?"

"Sorry I just need to grab more beer," Cal awkwardly entered the room. He met my eyes for a moment and looked away just as fast. "Hey, Hayden!"

"Hey what's up, man?"

"Nothing much just having a guys night. You could join us for those you know?" Cal eyed him.

"Yeah but playing video games isn't the same when you can only piss Liam off over video chat," he rolled his eyes.

Cal laughed taking a couple of beers out of the fridge. "You're not wrong. When you come down we'll have to play some time yeah?"

"Definitely." Hayden smiled. "I'll see you soon."

"See you soon. Also, I've been catching some of your games, and you're killing it, man! Ladies," Cal saluted is before exiting the room.

"Hayden when you play closer to home can we come to one of your games?" I asked him.

"Absolutely. I would love that."

"Me too," I smiled.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

66K 4.8K 27
Emily and River meet in Miami, where they have the time of their lives, but it isn't meant to be: the next morning, Emily leaves for San Francisco, l...
533 23 21
"Your body speaks louder than your words,"- he said adamantly. "Your beautiful face is trying to hide emotions, but your eyes are giving you away." H...
4.8K 286 56
After living a tedious and monotonous life growing up all she wanted was fun. Fun like getting drunk several nights a week and coming home so hung ov...
387 45 12
When Kate lost her father in a fire, she couldn't get her self to be in his shoes. She turned down her dad's job even though she was the best to be c...