Harri Potter-The Girl Who Die...

By AlyssaScott327

Harri Potter died. And wouldn't you know it? The Mistress of Death has some sway in how she gets to move on... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 12

19.2K 646 83
By AlyssaScott327

Fixed the issue people had about the magical time limit. It was unclear when the time was up, and I hope it makes more sense now :)

Dinner was a quiet affair, for the most part. I did, however, receive a summons from Dumbledore. This was earlier than I expected and a bit more alarming. I thought being placed in Hufflepuff would make him still think I was in the Light. It seems like if I don't do things exactly as he wants then he'll try and change it. No matter the decision.

Miss Potter,

It would please me to talk after dinner.

I knew your parents very well.

I'm feeling hungry for acid pops.

Professor Dumbledore

Looking up from the note I did not see him at the table, but I did see Professor Sprout. I looked at Susan, and she looked curious. I said, "I need to talk to Professor Spout. You don't need to wait up for me, okay?"

She nodded, and when I was finished eating, I went up to her and said, "Excuse me, Professor?"

She smiled and said, "Yes Miss Potter? What can I do for you?"

I showed her my note from Dumbledore and said, "I received this note from the Headmaster, would you mind coming with me? I don't... like being with older men by myself."

Sprout frowns for a moment while reading the note. I can almost see the disapproval. She then smiled gently at me and said, "Of course, child. Let's head up there now so you won't stay up past curfew."

As we walked I faked feeling upset and said, "Am I in trouble Professor?"

She shook her head and said, "I should think not, Miss Potter."

We got to the statue and Sprout said the password and up we went. We both stepped into his office at the same time and I could tell the Dumbledore was surprised.

He stepped from behind his desk and said, "Good evening Miss Potter." He then smiled at Professor Sprout and said, "Pamona, thank you for escorting Miss Potter. You may leave."

I grabbed onto her hand and said with a fake small voice, "Please Professor, stay."

I could tell that made up her mind as she looked at Albus and said, "Is there a reason you called her to your office Albus?"

He was silent for a moment then sighed and said, "It was something I wished to discuss between Miss Potter and myself."

I shook my head and said, "Unless it's about my school performance, you don't have the right to see me alone. Even then, I can always request a guardian."

The twinkle in his eyes were gone, and he said, "While that is true, dear girl-"

I interrupted him and said, "Please, Headmaster, don't address me so familiarly."

I could tell that Sprout was looking back and forth between us and didn't like what she saw. She stood straighter and said, "Albus. Just get to the point of the meeting."

Albus sighed in feigned exhaustion and turned around to collect the sorting hat. He then stepped closer to me and said, "I believe that the sorting hat put you in the wrong house."

Sprout and I gaped (I still refuse eye contact) and she sputtered, "E-excuse me?"

I shook my head and said, "I like my house."

Dumbledore just shook his head and said, "Both of your parents were in Gryffindor and they would be proud of you if you went there."

That was a low blow, and Sprout knew it. As far as manipulations went, it was pretty easy to see through... if you weren't a child. But I was not. She narrowed her eyes and said, "What are you trying to do, Albus? Just because her parents were in a certain house does not mean she belongs there as well."

Albus tried backtracking and said, "I was only trying to help, Pamona."

She shook her head and said, "She is fine where she is. She has friends already, she's doing well in her classes, even if it's the first day, and as she already stated, she's happy where she's at."

Albus sighed in fake guilt and said, "Of course, Pamona." He then looked at me and said, "I apologize, Miss Potter."

I nodded and said, "Is that all, Professor?"

He nodded and then Sprout and I left. Once we got down the stairs I said, "Why did he want me to switch houses?"

Sprout shook her head and said, "I do not know. The only times it has happened were when a student was upset about their house choice and it obvious it was not a good fit. None of that so happens to be you."

I nodded and said, "He seemed... really insistent."

I could tell the Professor was trying to not show her thoughts when she said, "He did seem that way. But no matter. You're where you belong, Miss Potter."

I beamed at her and said, "I think so too." We almost got to the dorms and I said, "If...if he calls on me again, can I come and get you?"

Sprout looked at me deeply, and said with a gentle smile, "Of course. Have a good night, Miss Potter."

I nodded and went into the common room and saw Susan. I went over to her, sat down, and we talked about him calling me into his office.

Susan frowned and said, "That sounds... odd."

I nodded and said, "If I tell you something... will you swear to keep it a secret?"

She looked at me for a few minutes, judging my serious expression, then took out her wand and said, "I, Susan Bones, do hereby swear upon my magic to keep what Harriet Potter says in the next 10 minutes, between us. So I say, so mote it be."

There was a quick light, and I felt the magic settle. I was so grateful that I hugged her and said, "Thank you." I then told her about how I grew up with the Dursleys. How I found out about magic. How Dumbledore was stealing from my accounts and setting himself up illegally as my magical guardian. How my Godfather didn't get a trial.

She looked appalled and said, "My Aunti Amelia can help you, you know. That's not right. Why is he trying to..."

I finished for her, "Control me?"

She looked grateful and said, "Yes! It just seems weird, Harri."

I shrugged and pretended like I didn't know, "I'm not sure. I wrote to your aunt about my uncle Sirius not getting a trial. I hope she helps. I don't... I don't want to go back there."

Susan hugged me and said, "You won't. I'll help, Harri." I could tell I had her loyalty and having Amelia would no doubt help in the long run too. 

I could feel the magic dissipate when our time was up, and it was then I told her about the re-sorting. Susan screamed. "HE DID WHAT?!"

Several students looked over here and I shushed her and said, "He tried to guilt me into re-sorting. Professor Sprout was angry too."

She looked upset and said hotly, "That's just... just..."

"Is everything all right?"

We both looked up to see Diggory with his two friends and before I could wave him away, Susan spoke up, still angry, "Headmaster tried to re-sort Harri!"

Cedric looked surprised, then concerned, and so did his two friends. He looked at me and said, "What's this about, Potter?"

I sighed and said, "Dumbledore said that because my parents were both in Gryffindor that they would be more proud of me if I was sorted there." They looked shocked, and didn't say anything, "I was glad that I asked Professor Sprout to be there with me. I don't... like being alone with old men."

I could tell this admission startled them, but they didn't comment on it. Diggory then said, "Are you all right?"

I smiled at him and said, "Sure. I mean, I'm upset he tried to re-sort me, but I'm happy here."

We all were quiet for a few moments and I saw Susan yawn. I stood up and said, "Come on Susan, let's get you to bed." She just nodded, getting sleepier by the second. I then turned toward Diggory and gave him a sweet smile, "It was sweet of you to ask. Thanks, Diggory."

His face turned pink and his two friends snickered. I turned back around, and Susan and I headed to our room. I helped her get ready for bed, did the same for myself, then wrote a letter to Gringotts asking them about containers for Horcruxes. I knew there was one at the school, and I wanted to bring back Ravenclaw's Diadem without breaking it.

I sent it off with Hedwig and soon, I fell asleep, wondering what tomorrow would bring.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

758 4 12
ATTENTION: This and several other of my stories are in need of major editing. Editing is underway! Thanks, Friends! Next in the Jamie Potter series...
58.1K 2.1K 20
A week has passed since Sirius's death and Harry is not allowed to grieve. His friends think he is ridiculous, and when he tries to open up to them...
194 24 24
Lilla Lovegood has recently transferred to Hogwarts with her brother from Beauxbatons after their parents' deaths. She isn't a typical Lovegood thou...