Castle One Shots

By Sofie1402

Series of one shots of the Castle characters. Mainly side characters (there's too many Caskett stories alread... More

About
Untold Story
Breaking Point
Breaking Point (Part 2)
Unexpected
Fight For You
Different Kind of Love
Casual Banter
Don't Go
Confessions
Baby Names
Flowers For Your Grave
Five Times Lanie Missed Esposito, And One Time She Did Something About It
Mentor
Perfect World
Swear Jar
On My Knees

For Your Entertainment

343 5 2
By Sofie1402

Ryan and Jenny's wedding reception was no short of entertainment. And most of them weren't even for hire.

Tags: Humor, fluff, romance(ish)

- - - - - - - - - -

The ceremony was beautiful and heartfelt. Most people were in tears by the time the couple had walked down the aisle.

The reception was just about to get started. The guests had flooded into the ballroom and found their seats. Castle walked in with Beckett, chatting like no one else was around. Followed by Lanie and her friend, Toby. Then it was Esposito and his cousin, Jody.

They each found their seats as soft background music played. They each had seperate tables, aside from Castle and Beckett who had about two people sitting between them. But the rest of them weren't far from each other that they could still talk if they wanted to. The waiters approached each table to fill up the glasses with champagne. It quickly followed with the trays of appetizers.

At Castle and Beckett's table, a man who, they read from his placing card, is Jenny's uncle, started talking with Beckett.

"So what's your name young lady?" he asked.

"Uh...it's Kate. I'm the groom's friend" she answered.

He nodded in understanding "I'm Lou" he introduced himself "So I take it you're pretty close to Kevin" he guessed.

"I would say so, yes" she said politely before taking a drink of the champagne.

She made eye contact with Castle who mouth 'You're doing great' to her. She had to roll her eyes.

"Can I ask you a question about Kevin?" Lou asked.

"Of course" she said.

"What's he like in the sheets?"

Beckett was quiet, blinking a few times as she processed what the man he just said.

"Excuse me?" she asked.

"In bed. You were involved with him weren't you?" he assumed.

Beckett was almost left speechless "No, sir. He works with me. As a cop" she said.

"Oh, my bad then" he said before turning to acknowledge someone else.

She made eye contact with Castle once again, who also looked shocked.

Meanwhile at Lanie and Toby's table, they were just talking between themselves.

He told her a joke and she laughed, slapping his arm. It quickly caught the attention of a woman who Lanie noticed from her name card, is Ryan's aunt named Denise.

"Are we enjoying ourselves?" Denise asked with a kind smile.

Toby smiled back politely "Very much" he said.

"You two make an adorable couple. So how long have you two been together?" she asked.

Lanie was about to correct the obviously confused woman, when Toby spoke up.

"It's recent" he said.

"Well I hope you kids enjoy yourself" she said.

"Thank you" he said as the woman turned her attention elsewhere.

Lanie gripped Toby's arm "What are you doing?" she questioned with a low volume.

"Relax" he said, lowering his voice as well "It's easier to say we're together than have them look at me like I'm the devil himself" he said.

She sighed "You're lucky I'm desperate" she said.

"Haven't you always?" he questioned, and she slapped his arm, offended making he laugh "I'm kidding" he said.

"You better" she said, clearly unamused.

At Esposito and Jody's table on the other hand, they were focused on the appetizers. Or at least, Esposito is.

"These things are tiny. Why the hell would anyone want to eat this?" Esposito questioned.

Jody rolled her eyes "They're called appetizers not meals, idiot" she said.

"Food is meant to be filling, not adorable" he reasoned.

"And people aren't meant to fill themselves until after the first dance. And don't you have a speech to give?" she questioned.

"No, I'm not the best man, remember" he grumbled.

"I thought this was your best friend's wedding?" she questioned.

"Yeah well, it doesn't matter. I'm not. The only speech I'll be giving today is to myself when I get blackout drunk" he said before finishing his glass of champagne.

"And by the looks of it, that won't be long" she teased.

"Hmm funny" he said drly.

___________________________________

Ryan and Jenny finally arrived after about an hour. The DJ had announced their arrival enthusiastically as the guests cheered their entrance. The couple was beaming with excitement as they made their way towards the dancefloor to begin their first dance as husband and wife.

They stepped closely together, trying not to smile too widely. As the music started to play, the couple began dancing.

While everyone else was watching the newlyweds, Castle's eyes turned towards Beckett. She had a bright smile as she watched Ryan move easily to the music with his bride. Those dance classes has paid off well.

Castle smiled as he watched her, admiring the glow of her features. But after a moment, she turned and met his eyes, as if she felt him staring. She smiled, and he felt his heart skip a beat.

He tried to play it off by smiling back then turning to watch the couple again. She also turned to watch Ryan and Jenny, so he decided to believe that she doesn't suspect anything, which was definitely wrong, but he didn't care.

Lanie started swaying along to the music, smiling happily as she watched her friends dance their hearts out. Toby noticed and lightly nudged her shoulder. She turned to face him and he smiled. It was as if they had a silent conversation with their eyes. Finally, she turned his head to look at the couple and he just complied.

Esposito was smiling proudly at his partner. Glad that he's happy. But a small part of him was envious of his happiness. Not that he'll ever admit that outloud.

Jody on the other hand, was focused solely on their dance moves. She was unconsciously moving to the tempo and muttering counts for each step they took. It was habit she didn't seem to notice that she has.

Esposito noticed his cousin, practically conducting the dance, but decided not to ruin her fun and just let her be.

Then the song ended and they stopped. The crowd cheered excitedly and Jenny beamed. She looked towards her husband happily and he took her hand with a smile, whispering something to her. She giggled and held onto his arm a little tighter while they walked to their table.

That was when Jenny's mom stepped forward with the mic.

"Thank you so much everyone for coming. We appreciate every single one of you" she started "We hope you enjoy yourselves today, on this very special occasion" she said.

As she went on with her speech about giving her blessings, the waiters started to serve their first meal.

After the speech ended, people started to dig in. And the room was filled with a buzz of conversation.

Castle stood up and approached Lou, smiling politely "Excuse me, do you mind switching seats with me?" he asked.

"But this is where my name card is" he said.

"Yes, but I was wondering if you could" he tried.

"Sit at own place, boy" Lou said, displeased.

Beckett had to bite back against a smile when she saw Castle's shocked look.

He writer sighed "I'll give you 50 dollars to switch seats with me" he said.

Lou observed him carefully "Let me see the money" he instructed.

Castle reluctantly pulled out his wallet and took out 50 dollars.

"Make it a 100 and we have a deal" he said.

Castle just gave him what he wanted. Lou smiled happily as he stood up and went to sit at Castle's seat.

Castle sighed then sat down beside Beckett.

"That's one expensive seat" she said with a amused smile.

"He was a tough negotiator. But I think I got through to him in the end" he said.

Beckett shook her head in disbelief "You do realized that Jenny and her mom worked hard on these seatings, right?" she reminded.

"I don't think they'd mind too much" he said surely.

She shook her head in disbelief "The least you can do is change your name placements too" she said.

"I guess you're right" Castle agreed then picked up Lou's name card and started to reach for his card, only to have Lou pull it away and out of reach "I'm sorry, but that's mine" he said politely.

"Really? Because it was in my seat" he reasoned.

Castle had to laugh "Well that was my seat before. I just think it'll be polite to switch them too" he stated.

Lou looks at the name card then back at Castle "50 dollars" he said.

Castle's smile dropped "For my own name?" he asked.

"70" he said.

"Wait, wait 50 is fine" he said quickly.

"That was a limited time offer. It's 70 now" he said.

Castle turned to Beckett and even she looked surprised, but also amused. Finally, he groaned and handed Lou 70 dollars for his name.

Lanie was just eating while talking with Toby. He was asking her about Pearlmutter, curious of the man that she's always complaining about. Just as Lanie went on a slight tangent, someone sitting across from them laughed loudly. But his laughter was cut off when he started coughing violently. It got their attention, especially when the man started to shoot out of his seat in a clear panic.

"Toby, he's choking" Lanie realized.

Toby immediately raced to the man's side. Then he stood behind him with his fist on his abdomen. He started performing the Heimlich until eventually, the man coughed out the piece of food stuck in his throat.

Toby stepped aside and handed a glass of water to the man.

"Thank you" the man said gratefully as he drank the water.

That was when people started cheering suddenly. Toby just bowed his head, a little embarrassed by the sudden attention. Then he rejoined Lanie and started their flow of conversation again.

Jody glanced towards her cousin, watching as he violently stabbed the carrot on his plate.

"I thought you weren't the jealous type" she teased.

"Not now, Jody" he grumbled, annoyed.

"What's this girl got that no other woman has to get you so hung up on her anyway?" she asked.

"Where do I start" he mumbled then shook his head "I'm not hung up" he lied poorly.

Jody gave him a knowing look and he avoided her gaze. Instead, he glanced towards Lanie while she laughed at Toby's joke.

"I thought you said he was gay?" she questioned.

"He is" he said.

"So stop being so jealous" she reasoned.

"Great idea" he sassed.

She shook her head at him "You're unbelievably stubborn you know that?" she said.

"Takes one to know one" he said simply.

"Fine, sulk all day for all I care. Just remember that I'm here as a favor" she reminded.

Esposito rolled his eyes then turned around towards Beckett "Yo Beckett, mind switching places with miss know-it-all here?" he half pleaded.

Beckett raised an eyebrow at him "You invited her, Espo" she reminded.

"Well, I forgot how annoying she can get. So can you?" he tried again.

"No way" Castle answered.

"I wasn't asking you" Esposito said.

"I paid good money to sit here. I'm not letting your bad choices affect me" he said.

Esposito frowned "You paid for your seat?" he questioned.

"Yes. And it wasn't cheap either" he admitted.

"Just publish another book. I'm sure you'll more than make up for it in no time" he reasoned.

Beckett shook her head as she watched the exchange "Sorry, Espo. But that's a no" she said making Castle smile victoriously.

Jody suddenly flicked Esposito's forehead.

"Ow, what the hell" he said with a frown.

"Try and trade me off again, see what happens" she said.

"Sounds like a challenge" he said.

"Javi" she warned.

He grumbled "Fine. Just shut up about Lanie" he said.

"Yeah, yeah" she said simply.

___________________________________

The maid of honor and best man had each given their speech. Esposito was scowling through all of Ryan's best man speech. He was obviously salty about it but hid it well enough that Jody only had to elbow him on the ribs once to get him to stop mocking the poor kid.

It's now finally time for the bride and groom to dance with their parents.

Ryan stepped onto the dancefloor with his mom while Jenny went with her dad.

They started dancing easily. It was clear that Ryan was more awkward with his steps while Jenny glided with her father effortlessly. But it was still entertaining. Especially when Ryan accidentally stepped on his mom's toe, apologizing frantically while the guests chuckled at his nervousness.

Eventually, the dance started to come to an end.

That was when Castle stood up and turned towards Beckett with a charming smile "Detective Beckett, care to dance?" he asked.

She smiled, shaking her head at his ridiculousness "Sure, Castle" she agreed, then finished the rest of her champagne before taking his hand and letting him take her to the dance floor where several other people already started to dance.

Lanie turned towards Toby "Shall we?" she asked playfully.

He smiled, then took her hand and brought her towards the dancefloor.

Esposito was still sulking when he noticed Lanie dancing with Toby. His jaw clenched as he stood up and offered his hand to Jody.

She narrowed her eyes at him suspiciously "Whatever it is, count me out" she said.

He sighed "Jody.." he said firmly, grabbing her attention "You've been forcing me to be your dance partner for all kinds of performances since I was 10. Thanks to you, I know way too many ballroom dances. The least you could do is help me make use of the skill I never asked to have" he reasoned "So, shall we?" he asked.

Jody sighed but took his hand "Let me change to my flats for a second" she said as she kicked off her heels and took out the spare shoes she kept in her purse.

After putting on the flats, they finally left for the dancefloor.

A song started to play.

Castle and Beckett were a little reserved with their moves. But they were so caught up in each other that they didn't care. Meanwhile, Lanie and Toby moved to the music easily, letting it guide them across the dancefloor. Just as people started to think that they were impressive, Esposito stepped onto the dancefloor with Jody.

"I'm leading" Jody said.

"As always" he said simply, and didn't argue.

Jody counted under her breath, then they started moving to the beat. She was mumbling the steps and notes of each move. He tried not to let it distract him. And it seemingly worked since people were starting to pay attention to them as they glided past everyone. It was turning into more of a live performance as he spun her and they made complicated steps look easy.

They were so good, they even managed to avert Castle's gaze from Beckett, even if just for a moment.

"Wow, they're good" Castle said, impressed.

"I'm not surprised. She owns a dance studio in Queens. If anyone's gonna grab people's attention with dancing, it'll be her" Beckett said.

"Yes, but Espo isn't doing half bad either" he said as he watched them glide past them effortlessly.

"They grew up together, I won't be surprised if he's helped her practice once or twice" she said.

Castle turned his attention back to Beckett "So are you enjoying yourself, detective?" he asked.

She smiled "Yeah" she admitted "As far as weddings go, this one's going pretty well" she said.

"I'd say so. Have you seen the newlyweds?" he said.

She laughed quietly "It's not everyday that you get married. They're just enjoying it while it lasts" she said simply.

"Well, then I guess we better do the same" he said.

She couldn't help but blush.

Lanie rolled her eyes in annoyance. Toby noticed and quirked his eyebrow at her.

"Is something wrong?" he asked.

"He's just so....petty" she grumbled.

Toby turned to look at Esposito and Jody before turning back to her with a smirk "Sounds like you're jealous" he said.

"I am not jealous, thank you. Unlike someone, I have better things to do with my life" she said.

"Doesn't mean you can't still feel jealous" he reasoned.

"I'm not. She's his cousin" she reminded, so he just smiled, neither agreeing nor disagreeing.

The song ended and Jody just had to be extra by finishing with a bow while people clapped. Esposito rolled his eyes, but didn't say anything. Toby saw that moment as a chance to act. So he approached them and smiled at Jody.

"Can I have this next dance?" Toby asked.

Jody smiled "Of course" she agreed, then went with Toby to the dancefloor, leaving Esposito and Lanie alone.

They were standing by each other awkwardly, not sure what to do. Lanie turned towards her table and was about to walk away when he grabbed her hand.

But he quickly pulled it away after she turned to face him again.

He cleared his throat nervously "Do you...wanna dance?" he asked.

She was hesitant and reserved. He was just about to take it as a no and walk away when she suddenly nodded.

"Sure" she said.

He took her by the hand and brought her back to the dancefloor. At first, they were stiff and awkward. There was so much room between them that a whole other person can fit between them. But after awhile, they started to get comfortable and stepped closer towards each other. Now, they were standing so close that it was a little distracting. It's mostly just getting their friends' attention.

"How much do you wanna bet that they make up after today?" Castle asked Beckett.

But Beckett shook her head "None" she said.

He turned to face he with a frown "Why not? They clearly want to" he reasoned.

"Just because two people want something really badly, doesn't mean it's going to happen" she paused to look at Esposito and Lanie once again "It's not that easy" she said sadly.

"Or maybe you're just pessimistic" he reasoned.

"Mind if we cut in?"

They turned and was surprised to see Ryan and Jenny standing beside them.

"Of course not" Castle said with a smile as he reluctantly pulled away from Beckett.

He offered his hand to Jenny "M'lady" he said with a bow, making her giggle as she took his hand.

Ryan started to dance with Beckett.

He nodded towards Esposito and Lanie's direction "I guess even they can't resist" he half joked.

Beckett smiled then shook her head "That's none of our business" she said.

"Still, would be nice if they'd make up" he said.

"So how are you feeling?" Beckett asked, changing the subject.

Ryan turned to her and smiled brightly before turning to where Jenny and Castle were dancing "I'm the happiest man alive" he said.

Beckett awed "You two deserve each other" she said.

He turned back to her and smirked "So...I noticed that you haven't really left Castle's side today" he said.

She rolled her eyes "We share a table. It's just easier" she reasoned.

"Sure" he said, not believing her.

"Today is about you and Jenny. Not anyone else. So let's just focus on that" she said.

Ryan just smirked.

The song ended after a moment and most people started to disperse to start mingling. Esposito and Lanie finally let go of each other. He was reluctant to go, instead, he tried to talk to her.

"Lanie, I-"

"Thanks for the dance" she interrupted him with a small smile, then left without another word.

For a moment all he could do was stand there, disappointed. Then he ducked his head and walked the opposite direction.

___________________________________

Drunk was the word most people would use to describe Esposito at the moment. Other than rowdy and loud, of course. He was flirting with any and all single women he could find and since most of them were drunk anyway, it was working.

Jody was bored of asking him to slow down, so now she's just talking with Toby. All the while Lanie stayed close by, without paying any actual attention to their conversation. She was just focused on Esposito, doing shots with a top heavy blonde and several of her friends.

Castle and Beckett had rarely left each other's side that whole day. Now they've gone from just talking about themselves, to theorizing about random stranger's lives.

And while everything is unfolding, the newlyweds were still lost in their own world. Barely batting and eye at the commotion around the room. It helped that they were also pretty drunk.

"Okay, how about..." Castle said as he scanned the room "That guy?" he asked, his eyes landing on a teenage boy, flirting with an older woman, who clearly looked uncomfortable.

Beckett hummed "Probably just doing it to tell his friends that he did" she guessed as she finished another glass of champagne "But if he keeps it up, he might just end up like a certain someone, who shall remain unnamed" she said while turning to look at Esposito's direction.

Castle caught on and chuckled "He's just numbing the pain" he said.

"If he keeps this up, he's gonna need Aspirin to numb his pain tomorrow" she said.

"Too late" Castle said with a shake off his head "Sometimes people just amaze me" he said with a heavy sigh.

She furrowed her brows at him "Why?" she asked.

"At how stubborn they can get" he said simply, like it was obvious.

"Yeah, well...no one's perfect" she said.

"Yeah but it's still frustrating. I mean, look at him.." Castle gestured towards Esposito "He's drowning his sorrows with women he doesn't care about, because he doesn't want to try and fail with Lanie. And look at her.." he gestured towards Lanie, watching Esposito with a frown "She's upset he's ignoring her when she was the one who turned him away when all he wanted was for her to be with him again. It's just a classic tale of two stubborn people who refuse to admit that they're miserable" he said.

"And all of a sudden you're an expert on love?" she questioned.

"I'm just saying from experience" he admitted.

They simultaneously turned to face each other again and went quiet. Their faces were mere inches apart.

His eyes unconsciously looked down to her lips, before quickly meeting her eyes again. She swallowed a lump that formed in her throat as she became lost in his calming blue eyes.

A loud crash broke their spell and they broke eye contact, pretending to be focused on something else.

One of Ryan's uncles had just crashed into the champagne glass tower, knocking it to the ground. The staff immediately went to clean it up, clearing the space so no one would get hurt.

Jody glanced over to check on Esposito, but she saw him stumbling away. She quickly excused herself from Toby and went after him.

She found him around the corner of the hallway not far from the main hall. He was sitting on the ground, knees folded to his chest with his head between his knees, groaning quietly. She went to sit down beside him.

"Enjoying yourself?" she questioned.

He just groaned in reply.

She shook her head "I told you to slow down" she said.

Slowly, he lifted his head and leaned against the wall before turning to face her.

"I hate weddings" he said.

She smiled "I know" she said knowingly.

"Thanks for agreeing to come with me" he said.

"Not that you need me. You seemed just fine with all those women" she said.

He scoffed "If they were sober, it'd be different" he said surely "So is Peter proposing to you soon? I need to learn my limit before I go to another wedding" he asked.

She shook her head and rolled her eyes at him then stood up "Come on, let's get you back to the party" she said.

He stood up, then grimaced. He felt a wave of nausea hit him like a ton of bricks as he stumbled quickly to the nearest garbage bin and emptied his stomach contents while Jody winced.

Toby returned to his seat after getting some finger foods. He was just munching on some chocolate covered assortments when he noticed Lanie typing away on her phone, angrily.

"You okay?" he asked.

She turned to him and smiled "Great" she said unconvincingly.

He frowned "You sure?" he asked.

"Mhmm" she said.

Just before he could ask further, the DJ announced that it was time for the bouquet toss. Lanie kept her phone tucked away and handed her purse to him before standing up to grab Beckett and join the crowd of women forming by the stage area.

Jenny stood in front of the crowd of women. Some, more excited than others.

"You ready?" Jenny asked and the crowd cheered excitedly.

She turned around and tossed the bouquet over her head. Beckett tried to escape while the group of women rushed to catch the bouquet, but Lanie grabbed her by the arm and stopped her. Before they realized it, the bouquet landed in Beckett's hands. She quickly shoved it in Lanie's arms and pretended like she didn't know anything.

Lanie glared at her, but no one else seemed to notice that it was Beckett who gave her the bouquet.

So the DJ announced Lanie as the one who caught it. She tried to protest, but Beckett interrupted and started cheering. Soon other guests followed.

Then they moved on to cut the cake. While everyone's attention was on the happy couple, Lanie turned to Beckett.

"Girl, what are you doing?" Lanie questioned under her breath.

"Giving you the spotlight" she said simply.

Lanie wanted to talk her ear off but Castle stepped in and interrupted "Something wrong, ladies?" he asked.

Lanie just glared at him then pushed pass him towards Toby. Castle turned to face Beckett.

"Was it something I said?" he asked.

"She's just grumpy" she assured.

"Well, nothing a slice of cake couldn't fix" he said.

Beckett smiled.

Esposito returned to the party with Jody after collecting himself. He was significantly paler than he should be though. And regretting all the drinking he was doing.

"Look, they're already cutting the cake. Let's just grab a slice then leave. I'm sure your friend will understand" she suggested.

Esposito watched as Ryan and Jenny passed around the cake. The thought of the thick white icing and the sugary concoction mixing with the alcohol already in his system made him grimace.

"I'll pass" he said as he made his way back to their table and laid his head on it, trying not to groan.

Jody decided to grab a quick slice then take him home. Knowing he'll definitely feel the drinks tomorrow.

Lanie sighed heavily.

"It's just a bunch of flowers. They don't actually mean anything, you know?" Toby said.

"Yeah, I know. I guess I'm just...tired" she admitted "It's been a long day" she added.

"Want me to make up an excuse to leave?" he asked.

Lanie was quiet, contemplating her choices "Is it bad if I say yes?" she questioned.

"Probably.." he answered honestly "But if you're gonna burn yourself out, it's better to stop now than regret it later" he reasoned.

She chewed on her lip thoughtfully, before nodding "Okay" she finally said.

Toby nodded "Let's eat some cake before we go, or they might just consider us rude" he said.

She rolled her eyes "You don't have to make your excuses to want to eat cake, you know" she said.

"I wasn't" he protested then went to grab a slice of cake for them.

Castle and Beckett were sitting at their table, enjoying the cake.

"Wow, this cake is amazing" Castle said.

"It's pretty good" Beckett said simply.

Castle glanced to her "It's not gonna work" he said suddenly making her raise an eyebrow at him.

"What isn't gonna work?" she questioned.

"You being critical about something, to get a rise out of me. It won't work this time. Sorry to disappoint, detective" he said as he continued to eat the cake.

She smiled in amusement "I wasn't trying to get a rise out of you, Castle. If anything you just disappointed yourself" she said.

"And why is that?" he asked.

She shook her head and shrugged "No reason" she said.

"Oh so you're just gonna say that and not even tell me why?" he questioned.

She turned to him, trying not to smile too widely. He quickly came to a realization.

"You tricked me" he said with a deep frown.

She laughed "You played yourself" she corrected.

"Unbelievable" he muttered, pretending to be hurt.

Beckett just shook her head.

Jody approached Ryan and Jenny while dragging her cousin along with her. Ryan noticed.

"Hey, Javi. You okay?" he asked.

"He's had a little too much to drink. I'm afraid if we stay here any longer, he's gonna drink himself to death" Jody explained.

"No I won't" Esposito protested.

Ryan knew better than to believe his partner. So he smiled at Jody assuringly.

"It's okay. Just...make sure he doesn't hurt himself" he said.

"I'm trying" she half joked then said her goodbyes and left, dragging him behind her as he stumbled over his feet.

Not long later, Lanie approached the couple with Toby. She looked a little fidgety and uncomfortable.

Toby smiled "Hey, sorry to bother you. But we kinda have to get going. I'm on call tonight, but Lanie feels bad about leaving" he explained.

"Oh, that's not a problem" Jenny assured "Just drive safe" she said.

"Are you sure you don't mind?" Lanie asked, to be sure.

"It's okay, Lanie" Ryan assured "Go".

She smiled "Thanks guys. Have a great honeymoon" she said then the two friends left.

After they were out of earshot, Ryan turned to his wife "Did you actually buy that?" he asked.

"Of course not. But she looked tired. Better just let her leave and rest" she said.

Ryan grinned "God I love you" he said.

She smiled brightly "I love you too" she said, placing a gentle kiss on his cheek.

The event had finally reached its natural conclusion. As the guests gathered to send the couple off to their honeymoon, Castle and Beckett were still together. After the car was out of sight, Castle turned to Beckett with a charming smile.

"Can I drive you home, detective?" he asked, dangling his Ferrari keys between his thumb and forefinger.

"No" Beckett said, snatching the keys from his hands, taking him a little off guard as she walked ahead of him, turning to smile at him mischievously "But can I buy you a milkshake?" she said instead.

He couldn't help but smile "Why detective, I thought you'd never ask" he said, following after her quickly.

- - - - - - - - - -

Ok, I may have went a bit overboard with this. But I was trying really hard not to stray too far from canon. I added some backstory to Jody and added a bit more flare to Toby and Lanie's friendship. What do you think? Good? Bad? Meh? Lemme know!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.2K 702 28
First they thought they where just friends, but a normal friendship turns into something more. Well, it can always happen. Just a normal day, and the...
48K 2K 34
Rick was Kate's best friend! They'd been tight buddies since Kate's first week here at Brooke High. But as the days go by she realizes that they were...
22.4K 581 24
Heyyy this is gonna be a ton of fluffy and angsty Merlin One shots and short stories. I take suggestions (no smut tho-) There's gonna be a ton of sh...
2.8K 121 70
AU. Rick and Kate are best friends in high school. Kate is a sophomore with Lanie, Javier, Ryan, and Jenny while Rick is a junior with their mutual f...