A Little Fate (LokixReader) {...

By DontTellAuntieTasha

Most people dream about coming face to face with the Avengers. But you just happened to be short on luck that... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
A/N
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
A/N
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
A/N
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
A/N
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
A/N

Chapter Twenty-Four

4.7K 197 154
By DontTellAuntieTasha

(A/N: The end scene is looong overdue. If you don't like graphic descriptions of (what I assume is) lime, then skip the last half of the last POV. [I'll put some hearts as a sign <3] I may have written a few hundred words on the matter. XD Opinions are welcome, also- 

how does everyone or anyone feel about whump and angst? It's definitely coming in the next few chapters, so if you have any concerns or certain requests please say so now! 

Thanks for reading!)

You awoke in your bed. Leo laid across your face, as he always does, while you started remembering the events from the night prior.

You definitely didn't fall asleep in your room. That was for sure. How did you end up here then? You must've fallen asleep on the couch downstairs. In front of the entire team. What did they think of you now? Better yet, who brought you upstairs without you noticing? You didn't exactly just trust anyone to carry-

O God. You knew exactly who it was. The exact person whom your magically affected feelings would have never negatively responded to. Who was sitting on the other side of the couch, who you probably fell asleep on-

How were you going to explain this? Who knows what you had said while you were asleep. That you mumbled incoherently. Should you just ignore it ever happening? As if you didn't remember? Or you could probably erase memory from their minds... but that was highly unethical. Let alone something you wouldn't risk messing up with so little practice.

There really weren't that many options.

*

(Lokis' Pov)

Loki had been sitting on his usual chair, in its usual spot, reading the most recent book to his collection. Nothing would seem unusual, for all that he felt like it. Y/N had said that she loved him. He loved her back. Nothing would make him happier to admit it to her face, but when would that ever be possible? The team was always around, and it's not like they'd bluntly accept a teammate relationship. Let alone one that included him.

But when Y/N appeared to breakfast that morning, it took everything in him not to crack his facade. Not to smile as she joked with Clint making breakfast, not to show how much the patience was killing him. This was nor the time or place for anything remotely romantic.

Although he almost slipped as she brought over his breakfast, smiling and talking to him. She didn't remember what had happened last night. At least not to an extent to cause her embarrassment.

It seemed he would have to drown in his feelings alone.

*

(Your Pov)

The days until the Friday before Tony's party were mostly uneventful. Of course the normal slip ups and accidents happened, especially in your presence. But otherwise... it was quiet. You kept up on training with Nat, although magic lessons were still only every other day.

Even though it had only been a week or so, your friendship with Loki flourished. He seemed to have opened up to you more, especially during the lessons in the library when the others weren't present. He was quite charming, smiling more often than not. Halfway through the week you had gone to the library, even though it wasn't a day for magic, and simply read. Loki joined you, and soon you were gushing over your favorite characters.

Inevitably it became a tradition, for all the two days it happened. You would spend every afternoon in the library with Loki, whether for company or magic. The two big leather chairs eventually were transformed into a couch -loveseat, technically- and neither of you ever thought to change it back. Lessons were still possible, if not easier, since the two of you were in such close proximity.

So the days went on like this. You would have breakfast with the team, often bringing Loki his, have training with Natasha, come up for lunch, see Loki in the library, then head back up for dinner. After your day, depending on how exhausted you were, you may or may not have fallen asleep on Loki a few times. Although, one could argue you weren't coherent enough to realise what you had done, even during the few recent nights you've done it while still watching the movie, or commenting on someone's chopstick skills.

It was actually the night before the party when it happened. The entire team was called out by Fury, leaving you with Loki. Which brought you to your first ever official Avenger's mission.

'Babysit' Loki.

It was ridiculous really. At least Stark had the audacity to give you some money for dinner, which sounded like they weren't going to make it back for. The two of you finally decided on pizza, since it'd get here the fastest.

After the quick dinner, you both went back to your own books. You were reading the hobbit, one of your many recommended and heavily loved stories from Peter, while Loki's book seemed to be some Asgardian novel. You really couldn't tell. Small talk happened, although it always ended quickly. Reading was too wonderful to quit.

But all of a sudden, Loki turned to you, closing his book. "Are you going to Stark's party tomorrow night?"

"What?" His question had caught you off guard. Why was he talking about the party? You hadn't thought he would want to go- but evidently not.

"Will you be going?" What was with all his questions? Where had this come from?

"For a little bit probably. Although I'll definitely be keeping off the dancefloor."

He looked shocked at your statement. "Whatever would prevent you?"

"I have two left feet."

"Come again?"

"It means I can't dance. I tried to help Peter learn a few months ago, when he went to his prom, and that's when I figured it out." It was actually really embarrassing, and slightly related to the llama incident. Only slightly. But that was a story for another time. For a second an emotion crossed Loki's face, before he quickly suppressed it. Why was he jealous?

"I could help with that. I happen to be a very great dancer."

"Are you now? I could've sworn I saw you trip on your own feet yesterday-" You tease, expecting him to give up on his attempt to get you to dance. In the living room, while the team was out on a mission. With just the two of you.

The two of you alone in the tower, with no one more than Jarvis watching.

"Are you doubting my skills?" A teasing smirk grew across his face, as he stood from his seat. He turned to face you, holding out a hand. "Shall we?"

"This is a horrible idea, Loki. Something could go wrong."

"I doubt you could step on my toes hard enough for it to be a problem." That wasn't what you meant and he knew it. But what other option was there? It was quite tempting to dance with the silver-tongued god. With his ravishing smile, his piercing eyes.

You were getting ahead of yourself. It's just a dance.

You smile at his teasing, letting him gently lift your arms to where they need to be. One rested on his shoulder, as one settled in his own hand. He placed his free hand on your upper back, like the gentleman he is.

This was still only your first dance.

With Loki.

In the living room.

In a moment, all the furniture in between the couch and the tv were missing. Well, you had a theory where they had gone- or rather who had made them disappear. The same mischievous prince who wanted to dance so desperately.

"It's simple. Just one step at a time." He told you, stepping to the side. You follow, as the two of you take it slow at first. Side, back, side, forward, repeat. Loki led you through the steps.

He wasn't joking when he said he was good. After you had gotten down the basics, he started spinning you around the room, sweeping you off your feet a few times. It was an amazing feeling that you could share. Dancing with Loki in the living room.

Eventually, music started to play. Whether it was Jarvis watching, or one of your magics you couldn't tell. But the music was soft, as you stepped perfectly in time with the tune. It was magical, and just what the two of you needed. What you needed in each other.

Inevitably, the song came to an end. It slowly faded out, the notes becoming too faint for even you to hear. As it did, your dance with Loki slowed, as you came back to your starting position. Standing hand in hand, ready to dance.

"That was amazing." You whisper to him, truly out of breath from the workout. It was much different than running or literally any of the other cardio you had been doing, since this was balancing pace and rhythm with a partner. Plus you had been laughing together the whole time, that probably had something to do with it.

"It truly was, darling." He said as well, looking down at you. The two of you definitely had a height difference, probably due to the fact he was Asgardian. Is that what you call people from Asgard? Or is Asgard its people? You'd have to ask Loki about it later.

Wait-

He called you darling. He called you darling. He called you darling.

You look up into his eyes, searching them for his emotions. You're shocked to see him wearing all of what he was feeling on his sleeve.

Joy. Peace Admiration. Relief. Content. Trust.

Love.

His eyes stare deep into your own, as you catch your breath from the dancing. You hold his gaze. Such a deep forest green. Beautiful, peaceful. You wanted to wander those two forests forever.

<3<3<3

Your eyes shift, trailing his facial features. His excellent jawline, the few strands of hair that had fallen out of place while he was spinning you around the room. His lips.

His perfectly kissable, perfectly smooth lips.

You see his eyes do the same, before catching your gaze. Catching you affirm his actions. He leans forward, as you stand on your toes to meet him halfway.

To kiss your Loki.

Your hands move to his shoulders, as you try to steady yourself. His own move to your hips, helping you balance.

It was perfect. His soft lips in sync with your own, the taste of him in your mouth. Loki tasted like winter and tea. Hints of peppermint, and definitely the color green. Like a deep, refreshing green color. If you could taste such a thing, that's exactly how he tasted to you.

The kiss was perfect. It was full of affection and longing, yet just the right amounts. It was deep, but not uncomfortably so. He was a better kisser than he was a dancer. If that was even possible.

Finally, the two of you break apart, both heaving for breath. There was a feeling raging inside of you, something you hadn't felt in a long time, it seemed. Pure, undistilled love. Love for him, for the dancing. For the kiss. For wanting to wake up to him every morning, for reading next to him every night. For wanting to be held in his arms, for wanting to be loved by him as well. For wanting to kiss him again.

Pure, innocent love.

Little did you know that he felt it as well. To comfort you when you cry, to hold you in his arms. To have you fall asleep next to him every night, to see your smile every morning. To live the rest of his life making you happy, striving to be better than he once was. To never be without you. To call you his. To kiss you again.

And so he did. With no words to express the feelings between you, the two of you fell into another kiss, this one fueled by all of those emotions. Another perfect kiss, similar to the last, except that this one had him pulling you closer. And you weaving your fingers through his black hair, cupping the back of his neck, pulling yourself into him.

This time, he didn't restrain himself. His tongue asked for entrance, and you opened freely. You let him roam your mouth, tasting every tooth, rubbing his tongue against your own.

God, he tasted so good. You couldn't get enough of him, eventually doing the same to him. Begging for entrance, exploring every nook and cranny. Assisting yourself -cheating- by using your hand in his hair to push yourself to every corner of his mouth.

But yet again, the both of you pulled away, having to catch your breath. You didn't want to die by kisses- although that didn't seem like the worst way to go. Especially if it was Loki's kisses.

"I think- I think I love you." He mumbled, once he caught his breath enough.

"I think I love you too." You whisper back, as the two of you fell into more kisses.

It would seem all thoughts of reading were long forgotten.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.3K 2.5K 21
The curtain around the hospital bed slides open to reveal an African American man with warm eyes. He walks in with an easy smile and a white man step...
4.2K 424 26
Love is dangerous. One moment it may be light as a feather and beautiful as a sunrise, but the next it can prove to be the knife that stabs you in th...
67.5K 1.5K 19
ABUSE, VIOLENCE, TORTURE, GORE, SA(R too), DV tbh Honestly, I don't recommend this book to people, but people like it and think I should keep it. So...
39.8K 2K 28
After Thanos snaps half of the universe out of existence, Tony is grieving but his brain still won't stop asking questions. Like why on Earth did Lok...