The Kids Aren't Alright

By Alicornofweirdness

It was just supposed to be a simple bonfire party. Dancing, talking, and maybe a little drinking. But things... More

Prologue / Introduction
✰ Chapter One ✰
✰ Chapter Two ✰
✰ Chapter Three ✰
✰ Chapter Four ✰
✰ Chapter Five ✰
✰ Chapter Six ✰
✰ Chapter Seven ✰
✰ Chapter Eight ✰
✰ Chapter Nine ✰
✰ Chapter Ten ✰
✰ Chapter Eleven ✰
✰ Chapter Tweleve ✰
✰ Chapter Thirteen ✰
Thinking Space
✰ Chapter Fourteen ✰
✰ Chapter Fifteen ✰
✰ Chapter Sixteen ✰
✰ Chapter Seventeen ✰
✰ Chapter Eighteen ✰
Thinking space 2
✰ Chapter Nineteen ✰
✰ Chapter Twenty ✰
✰ Chapter Twenty-One ✰
✰ Chapter Twenty-Two ✰
✰ Chapter Twenty-Three + Thinking Space ✰
✰ Chapter Twenty-Five ✰
✰ Chapter Twenty-Six ✰
✰ Chapter Twenty-Seven ✰
✰ Chapter Twenty-Eight ✰
✰ Chapter Twenty Nine ✰
✰ Chapter Thirty ✰
✰ Chapter Thirty-One ✰
LAST THINKING SPACE
✰ Chapter Thirty-Two ✰
KILLER EXPLAINED - ⚠️ spoilers ⚠️

✰ Chapter Twenty-Four ✰

616 41 123
By Alicornofweirdness

no fancy font because my dad took away my phone and it spaces out weird when i do it on computer so, enjoy this u hormonal sacks. also its Rainbow Dash's POV

Our friend group, if you could even call it that, is starting to get smaller. Time has definitely passed by since Fluttershy's death, a week maybe? Who knows at this point. When you're greiving over your friend, you tend to lose track of time because you're so caught up in caring about something that no longer exists.

Anyone wondering, no I'm not sappy. I don't like all this lovey-dovey bullshit. Well, I do but privately. If people knew how affectionate I really am, it would start having them think I'm not as tough as I say am. But I'm tough, no one can tell me otherwise. Sure, I may have a cocky attitude and confident personality, but if people really got to know me maybe they wouldn't assume that I'm mean.

People say that if you hold your tears in, you're weak. And that if you let people see you cry, that you're strong. I didn't let one drop fall down my face during the news of Fluttershy's death. If people think that that's not strong, then what is strength at all. Is strength just some idea people get placed in their head at a young age. The same idea, over and over again. Being recycled and reused to fit someone's narrative at the time. Pssh, who knows because I sure don't.

"Hey, Dash!" Sunset Shimmer jogged over to me.

"Uh Hey." I replied, taking out an airpod and sticking it in my pocket.

"Mm, how have you been holding up?"

"Is that even a question at this point?" I turned my head to avoid her and put in my airpod again. She looked at me worryingly and put her hand on my shoulder. "I'm cool, Sunshim." I said, facing straight forward.

She stopped me by standing in front of me. "Look Dash, I know how hard loss can be. Whether it's your first or another one, I'm here to talk if you want."

"I JUST SAID-" I yelled at her but stopped myself mid way. Her face no longer showed worry but more of a display of annoyance. I pushed her hand off my shoulder and continued. "I'm cool." I simply said, turning up the music and walked off leaving her alone in the hallway.

Luckily, we were required to get to school earlier than the usual arrival time. It was to make sure that we don't get any "bright" ideas, well it's what the agent said at least. If the students were here this early to hear me yell at Sunset, I would have been in someone's story or some kind of post.

There's only one thing me and Sunset strongly have in common; anger issues. Of course hers are more physical than verbal and mine are more verbal than physical. It's something we can't help but at least try. Well, I don't know about Sunset. It just seems she's given up at trying to even fix her anger. The only physical thing I've done was punch a girl in the face but that was only because she was messing with Fluttershy.

Fluttershy.

There it goes again. When I had finally stopped thinking about her, my dumbass brings it up again. Typical.

She didn't deserve to die, she shouldn't have even been in this situation in the first place. She should have stayed near the bonfire, not followed me into the woods. None of this would have happened if I just stayed with the soccer group.

The soccer group. They always had a problem with me, it's not my fault they are bad though. And that's not even me being mean. Most of them only play soccer to see the soccer boys or even soccer girls. And I'm off topic. Great.

"Hey, Dash." AppleJack waved to me.

"AJ."

"Gee, I know you're pretty down after hearing about Fluttershy but not even a hey?"

"Do you even think before you speak?" I rolled my eyes, turned to her and crossed my arms.

"Ah I'm sorry sugarcube, it's just I didn't know you guys were so close. I thought you lost touch with her back in middle school."

"We did loose touch and she changed. I had to relearn everything about her and I regret not talking to her for so long."

"Uh sorry Dash kind of confused how she changed. I thought she was the same since middle school." AppleJack shrugged her shoulders.

"I don't know how to explain it uh-" 

"Hey Dash, hey Applejack." Soarin greeted us.

"Howdy, Soarin!"

"Sup."

"Can I steal Rainbow Dash?" he asked, tugging on my arm.

"Yup, she's all yours." AppleJack raised her eyebrows up and down. I rolled my eyes at her and pushed her away as I walked off with Soarin.

"So what's up?" I looked up at him. I just hated the fact that I had to look up to him with my 5'4 self. And he just got to look down on me with his 6 foot self.

"I think I found out who the killer is, well maybe." He told me, waiting for a response. I didn't say anything yet. "Okay I know you might get mad at me for even doing anything without you but I didn't want you to stress it out."

I hugged him. "Thank you."

"No problem, Dash." He hugged me back. At first just a bit shocked but finally held back.

"If you tell anyone I hugged you in the middle of the hallway then.." I said, my face slightly squished against his abs.

"It's cool, don't worry I've gotcha." he let go. 

I let go of him, looking left and right to make sure no one saw us. Luckily there was still no one in the hallways. It's not that I'm ashamed to have him as my boyfriend, but I think affection should be private. Also, public affection is kind of lame because then the people around just baby you or tease you. 

I don't need some enemy teasing me and trying to get in my head during an important game. Motherfuckers will do that to you. They will distract you. But it's a known fact that those who try to make you lose first see you as a threat. Good. I am a threat, on the field and outside of it. 

We walked into an empty classroom, one of those classrooms that aren't used in the mornings. I sat down on the teacher's desk while he stood beside me, scrolling through his phone. I slouched, waiting for him to pull it up. Finally, he had found what he was looking for and showed me a blog.

"Mmm, I'm not reading all of that." I looked at him and yawned.

"I didn't expect you too, I was about to summarize it." He chuckled.

"Oh."

He cleared his throat and scrolled all the way down to a picture. "This picture is a picture of our classes but look in the background."

"Uh, what am I supposed to be looking at? The trees?" 

He shook his head and enlarged the photo. He pointed his finger. 

I couldn't believe my eyes, I didn't even know they had a thing together. It was Adagio Dazzle and Sunset Shimmer kissing in the background. I looked at this class photo plenty of times and I never even noticed that. 

"So? Adagio and Sunset are lesbians, what is the big deal?" I asked in an angry tone.

"Isn't Sunset bisexual?" Soarin asked.

"Yeah but she pissed me off this morning so she's a lesbian right now." I rolled my eyes.

"I think Sunset and Adagio are involved with the murders and it has to do with a secret love relationship." Soarin casually spilled.

"I love your enthusiasm, I really do but that literally makes no sense whatsoever." I said, pushing his phone out of the way. I start pacing around the desks as a way to think. I held my chin. "I mean, I'll admit I find Sunset kind of suspicious but I thought Sunset had a crush on Twilight."

As soon as I said that, I gasped and quickly covered my mouth.

"Shittt, I shouldn't have said that."

"I won't tell anyone."

"Oh I know you won't," I gave him the side eye, "It's just I shouldn't have said it lol. It was supposed to be a secret."

Damn, Sunset is rubbing off on me. Who even says lol out loud?

"I mean it's pretty obvious. It's also awkward to watch her try to shoot her shot for a taken girl but then fail." he cleared his throat.

I didn't say anything but looking back at all the times Sunset tried to flirt with Twilight but failed horribly made me laugh. Just a bit, like a chuckle to myself. Sometimes Sunset felt like a comedic relief, she's such a great distraction. 

Distraction. Wait a minute, maybe Sunset and Adagio are the murderers?

At first, hearing it come out of Soarin's mouth was random and hard to believe. And now rethinking it over, it's starting to make more sense. Sunset is always one to put herself before others. Maybe when Sunset is always making excuses about Adagio not being the killer, that's her way of showing her care for Adagio? 

I took a break from deep thinking and looked at Soarin who was scrolling through his phone. "Are the two really doing it for a secret relationship? They really have nothing to hide, Sunset is literally out to everyone and people are already scared of Adagio anyways so who would even be homophobic at this point. Not to mention, Sunset has a thing for a taken girl remember?"

"I mean I never confirmed they were in a secret relationship, that was just a theory but it makes sense. It could always be forced, who knows." he said, his eyes glued to his phone.

BRRING!

The harsh vibration of the old school bell could be felt, just a bell to tell us when to go to homeroom. 

Unfortunately, we didn't get to mingle in the hallways with our friends. We had been told to go straight to homeroom at the 8 o clock bell. This is high school, who would actually spend their time in homeroom where most of the teachers would tell you to shut the hell up.

I have homeroom and many other classes with Sunset Shimmer, apparently a potential murderer, and I can't even look at her the same. This will be fun. 

𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐮𝐲𝐬 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐪𝐨𝐭𝐜, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤 𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐬𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞𝐬. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.2K 397 13
Halfway through typing out her response to the text message she'd just received, the purple haired woman fully runs into someone, sending both of the...
13.4K 402 19
Rainbow dash is lesbian, she's famous playing with other girls heart, her friends and her, love playing games. But this time, this bet is serious. ...
7.6K 402 30
It's a few years after graduation at Canterlot College. Rainbow Dash has settled into her temporary placement on the official Canterlot soccer team w...
49.3K 1.6K 65
"I knew it.. I knew you were alive!", he breathes wryly. "I missed y..ou..", he breathed and stretches his arms to wrap around her but she steps back...