Secret Keeper

By LucyParkes5

Living in a hectic household with 7 males and being the only girl can be stressful. Not only males but over p... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
nineteen
Twenty
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty two
Thirty three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty six
Thirty Seven
Thirty eight
Thirty Nine
Forty
Forty One
Forty two
Forty Three
Forty four
forty five
Forty Six
Forty seven
Forty Eight
Forty Nine
Fifty
Fifty One
fifty two
Fifty three
fifty four
Fifty five
Fifty six
Fifty seven
Fifty Eight
Fifty Nine
Important!!!!
•••

Twenty One

5.8K 97 47
By LucyParkes5

I couldn't sleep last night, I'd only got around a few hours sleep. I mostly just watched Issac sleep on the chair beside me, he looked peaceful when he slept compared to his usual serious expression. The rest of my brothers had gone home after we had eaten because they didn't really need to stay and there was only one chair comfortable enough to sleep in. Most of them where pissed at it but it is what it is.

I mainly went on my phone all night because it was more entertaining than just staring at the celling. I tried to put some sleeping music on but it didn't work, my brain just wouldn't switch off.

When it was around half 7 i texted Libby to let her know i was okay, she told me that Alex drove her home but she didn't tell me anything else that happened between them both, but i would get it out of her eventually.

I hadn't heard from Ollie in like a week now, he was being really weird. Maybe it was because last time i saw him he tried to take my top off and i said no, then he shouted at me and did it anyways. Then i tried to leave and go home but he blocked the door. He apologised after so i guess it was okay. We hadn't even kissed, he just wanted to do other stuff.

I heard movement and my eyes directed over to Issac who was just waking up. His hair was all over the place which made him look like a hedgehog.

"Morninnnn." I said smiling, quoting George Weasley from Harry Potter.

"Good morning how you feeling?" He was still trying to open his eyes in the bright room.

"Not too bad." I replied scrolling through Instagram.

He had finally opened his eyes and stood up quickly and then snatched my phone right from my hand.

"Hey what are you doing, give it back?" I said loudly.

"Are you stupid? you have a concussion you can't have your phone." He said sitting back down and putting my phone in the pocket of his hoodie.

"That makes no sense, it's my head not my eyes."

"Yeah but the lights on the screen will prevent your head from resting and it will make it worse." He slumped deeper in the chair.

"Well can you go get my book at home so i can read?" I sat up and turned to him quicker than i should have and it hurt and i winced.

"Be careful, you can't sit up quickly just lie down, and no i can't because you cant read either, that's just as straining."

"Well I'm bored, and i don't want to lie down."

"go to sleep then."

"I've already been to sleep and i don't want to do that."

"Really? Well from the eye bags and black under eyes you don't look like you've been to sleep."

"I always have eye bags and black under eyes, i just don't have make up to cover them up."

"Riley I'm not stupid, i know you haven't slept." He stood up and walked to the door grabbing the handle.

"Where are you going?" He didn't answer and opened the door revealing Caleb and Cory. Issac went out the room and i didn't know why." Where's he going?"

"Coffee probably." Cory responded while pulling up an extra chair because Caleb had already taken the comfy one.

"I'm bored" I said crossing my arms.

"Issac mentioned, that's why we are here." Caleb said sitting back in the chair.

"Well you guys think of something we can do while i go pee and change." I got up from the bed slowly and then pulled a hoodie and shorts out of the bag Caleb brought yesterday.

I got into the bathroom and cleaned my face and teeth, then got changed after i had a pee. I looked in the mirror at myself, i pulled my hoodie sleeves up to see the bruises on my arm and then on my stomach. My wrist was in a support which i hated, but i only had to have it on for a few more days. I walked out the bathroom and went to sit on the comfy chair seen as Caleb was now lied on the bed.

"Did you think of something?" I asked.

"Nope" Cory replied.

"You both useless." I crossed my arms.

"Hey i brought you this." Caleb was holding Floppy in his hand above his head. Floppy was almost the size of his hand. Why do all my brother have big hands, like bigger than normal guys hands.

"Don't address floppy like that!" I yelled at him, standing up the get her off him.

"Oh sorry, It." He laughed and i just got angry as i tried to reach the teddy, Cory was laughing as well.

I gave up i couldn't reach her. I decided that glaring at him with death eyes would make him give in, but unfortunately it didn't. Then someone grabbed floppy from out of Caleb's hand. I saw that it was Issac, he passed floppy to me and i just smirked at a slightly annoyed Caleb. Issac had my back.

"I brought your book by the way." Cory said pulling out the current book i was reading, the scorch trials. I loved the maze runner movies so i persuaded Jacob to by me the books. The books are very different from the films but there just as good.

"I can't read it anyways but thanks." I said frowning and climbing back in the bed covering myself with Dave.

"I don't have a concussion though." Cory smiled at me as he opened the book and my smile was twice as big as his.

"But none of you have no idea what's going on." I replied.

"We have all watched the movies." Caleb said.

"The books are completely different, i'll give you guys a summary." So i did i told them what happened so far and then they took turns reading a chapter. but after 6 chapters they got bored.

Then the doctor came in to check up on me. He just did regular checks and then he went out the room saying he'd be back in a minute.

When he came back he had this little trolley with various things on it.

"I'm going to need to take some blood." He said while smiling at me.

I shook my head vigorously forgetting how much it hurt. "Your not bringing that needle anywhere near me!" I said loud and stern.

I felt Issac grab my head stopping me from shaking it. I was breathing heavier now. I hate needles.

"Riley come on its only a needle." Cory said.

"ONLY!"I shouted.

"Do you have to take her blood?" Caleb asked the doctor.

"I'm afraid so yes." He replied.

"No please no." I said. I turned and looked Issac right in the eyes. "Issac please." i felt a tear slip out of my eye.

"Hey, hey." He pulled me into a hug. "Its okay, I'm here i wouldn't let him do it if it was gonna hurt you."

"But it does hurt." I replied back. "He's not putting that thing anywhere near me." i clung onto Issac tighter.

He unwrapped my arms from him and walked towards the door and the doctor followed. I felt awful, i felt like i was being dramatic but i can't they scare me i don't like them at all.

"Hey its okay." Caleb came over and put his arm around me.

"I don't want him to do it Caleb." I hugged floppy tight.

The door opened and Issac came back in with the doctor. Issac whispered something to Caleb but i couldn't hear it, and even more fear flooded over me. I saw that the doctor was putting gloves on behind them and my first thought was Shit.

I went to get off the bed but Issac was on one side and Caleb was on the other. The doctor started walking towards me with the needle in his hand. He was Not putting that inside me.

All of a sudden Caleb and Issac were holding me down so i couldn't move, I moved as much as i could to try get away from their grasp but i couldn't. The doctor was so close with the needle and i was panicking. Caleb had one hand on my fore arm and one on my upper arm holding it down. Issac was pushing both my shoulders down into the bed, but my feet where still free. I swung my foot up towards the doctor but failed in hitting him. Then i felt someone grasp my ankles, and now i no longer had my feet free.

I closed my eyes tight knowing that i had no way out of it. My eyes welled up with unwelcoming tears. I felt the cold metal close to my arm and i wanted to scream but i couldn't. I felt it enter my skin, it was uncomfortable and i hated it. I felt the blood being pulled from my veins, it felt like it was pulling my whole inside of my arm out. It hurt.

He pulled it out and i felt relieved but it still left a throbbing sensation, almost as if it was still drawing out the blood from me. I felt pain all through my body.

I felt all the pressure between me and being pushed in to the bed be taken off. I sat up almost immediately and grabbed floppy and threw  Dave over my head, bring my knees to my chest. I grabbed at my ankle and then realised my sock was down. I felt my heart skip a beat, Did Cory see it? he's gonna tell Issac.

"Riley w-"

"Leave me alone." I shouted through tears.

I heard them leave and shut the door behind them. I was all alone, and to be honest i didn't want to be, i hated it. But i didn't want to stay with them either.

I saw that Caleb left his phone on the chair. I quickly grabbed it an opened it. His password wasn't hard to guess, it was his birthday. I went into messages and texted Leo.

Can you come to the hospital -Riley x

Leo: On my way

I hugged my knees tight crying. I didn't move once for around 15 minutes until the door opened. I saw Leo walking towards me so i moved up on the bed so he could sit next to me. He threw his bag on the floor and came and sat next to me. He put his arm around me and i cried into his shirt while he stroked my hair. I eventually fell into a much needed sleep.

Leos Pov

Riley fell asleep. She looked exhausted and her black under eyes were more noticeable than normal. Most teens had dark circles under their eyes. I wanted to know what was going on.

Issac came in the room with Caleb and Cory as well.

"What are you doing here you have school?" Issac seamed stressed and angry.

"She texted me so i came." I replied sharpening my glare.

"Well you can go back to school now." Issac stood at the end of the bed and crossed his arms.

"I'm not leaving, what happened?" I held Riley closer.

"Needles" Caleb said sitting down on a chair.

"Oh god." I knew she hated needles, it was a nightmare getting her jabs done when she was younger. "What did you do?"

"Had to pin her down, she wasn't impressed." Issac shook his head slightly.

I nodded. "did she sleep?"

"No not really, this is the first time she's been asleep since she got her stitches." Issac leaned forward onto the bed and rubbing his face with his hands.

We didn't speak after that, we stayed in silence watching Riley sleep. Everything was fucked up. God knows what was running through Riley's head. With everything to do with dad plus he wasn't answering his phone, so he had no idea what was going on, not like he'd care anyway.  It was his fault. Liam was angry because of dad, he stormed to Issac room because of dad, which caused Riley to go chasing after him. I knew she shouldn't have told him. out of everyone why Liam, he was most likely to go mad. i know i was bad but i know how to control it most of them time, he doesn't.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

238K 6.1K 31
Riley Smith is about as troubled as they come, he's anorexic but in denial about it and fights a lot. What happens when his parents kick him out then...
528 57 47
In high school, Riley Evans was the most popular girl in Atlanta. She had the popular jock boyfriend, was the captain of the cheer team, had a large...
1.6M 24.4K 76
Love. As 'beautiful' as love can be it hurts and bleeds. If you're unlucky you may even love the very person you know you can't have. The best friend...