Black Nail Polish | A. Mahone

By bad-lands

In which Austin likes a girl a little out of his league, and the complete opposite of him. More

00. "She's so rock-and-roll and out of my league."
02. "To hell with the bad news."
03."Now she's got me hooked on her like good cocaine."
04."'Cause you've got your plans, and you know that I have mine."

01. "Got big hearts but they're just still kids -- Cali made flashy sins."

543 26 0
By bad-lands

01. "Got big hearts, but they're just still kids - Cali made flashy sins."

___

Song For The Chapter:

Hooligans by ISSUES

**just b/c I friggin love ISSUES, oh, and I recommend the acoustic version if you're not into the screaming :)**

"Got big hearts, but they're just still kids - Cali made flashy sins."

___

It was Monday morning, and both Austin and Jesse had pushed the laundromat incident aside. Austin had gone on his date, and had even gotten a second date with Sierra, while Jesse went to work, and even hung out with a guy she had an eye on, Andy. Everything was normal, until Monday morning, when Jesse decided to get a coffee before her lecture, and to take a different route to class.

Austin had found a fast way to get to class on time, and had been taking that route since the beginning of the semester, while Jesse had just now discovered it. Austin wasn't in a rush, so he took his time and walked at a decent pace while listening to his music, while Jesse did the same and didn't pay attention to where she was going. Her coffee was good, plus she'd even gotten a cake pop, and she was listening to A Skylit Drive - her day couldn't get better.

She bobbed her head to the song, and mouth the words to Dreaming In Blue when she felt her body impact someone else's, and her coffee, which was still a little hot, hit her shirt. She gasped, dropped her cup, and stepped away from the stranger. She would've apologized, but she didn't feel like the accident had been her fault.

Austin, on the other hand, also didn't feel like this had been her fault, and expected an apology from the stranger. She'd ruined his brand new t-shirt, and had ruined his mood.

"Watch where you're going, asshole." Jesse spat, and tried to wring out her white t-shirt; luckily she had a tank top underneath and nothing could be seen.

Both Austin and Jesse looked up at each other, and when they saw who they'd bumped into, they glared.

"You again?" Austin tried to wipe his shirt with some kleenex he had in his backpack, but it was no use, the shirt was stained.

"You bumped into me, so you have no right to be mad at me." Jesse rolled her eyes at his attempt to clean his shirt.

"Please, I think you owe me an apology. After all, your coffee ruined my shirt."

Jesse scoffed, and stepped around him. "I'm not apologizing, it was your fault. Watch where you're going next time." She flipped him off, yet again, and walked away.

She muttered profanities, while Austin stayed behind and tried to get himself together again before going to his lecture. He wiped the little bit of coffee that had gotten on his hands on his shirt, it was soiled anyways, and kept walking. He didn't try to cover up the coffee stain, and kept walking until he reached his class where he sat at the back, took out his notebook, and when the lecture started, he tried to keep up with the notes.

Jesse, on the other hand, zipped up the jacket she had on, and kept walking. She tried to ignore the incident, but it was kind of hard considering it stained her shirt, and it was wet. Regardless, she tried to look decent (Andy sat right next to her, she had to look nice), and tried to pay attention.

When the lecture was over, she collected her things, and unzipped her jacket to check the damage. Her shirt was dry now, and the stain was the only thing left, so she unzipped her jacket.

"Hey," Jesse turned around and faced Andy. "Whoa, what happened to you?" He stared at the stain, and tried to not stare at certain areas.

"I ran into a kid." She sighed. "Is it bad?"

"No, no." He assured her. "I was wondering if you wanted to get something to drink with me? Maybe coffee?" He laughed a little at his joke.

"Very funny," She glared at him. "but sure - although, I'm not in the mood for coffee." She gestured at her stained t-shirt.

"Do you want to change first?" They walked out of the lecture hall together.

"Yeah, if you don't mind." She took her jacket off, and held it in her hands all the way back to the apartment.

Alice wasn't home, she had a class, so everything was quiet. Luckily, the apartment was clean, and they wouldn't seem like a bunch of slobs.

"Just wait here, I'll be back in a second." She told Andy and rushed to her room in search of a t-shirt.

She put on a random shirt, and walked back out to see Andy flipping through the DVD's they had stacked on the coffee table.

"Ok, I'm ready."

***

Right after Austin's lecture, he went to his house to change before heading over to Sierra's dorm. She didn't feel like going to her class, so she'd stayed home, and had convinced Austin to come over to visit her. They weren't doing much, so Austin offered to go out to town and walk around a little. The weather was nice, so Sierra suggested going out to lunch and eating outside.

While she got dressed, Austin sat on the couch and looked around her room. There really wasn't anything that stood out, so he propped his feet up, and laid on the couch. He found himself thinking of Sierra, he thought she was really nice, had a nice personality, and not to mention the fact he found her very attractive.

When she was done getting ready, they walked out and towards the town square.

***

The town square wasn't boring, it was actually quite interesting. There were many small shops: boutiques, music stores, book stores, little restaurants, antique sores, and many other things that Jesse didn't even know where there.

Andy and Jesse agreed on getting fruit smoothies from a ice cream parlor, and sat right outside the shop on the cute little chairs, which included a table, and a decorative umbrella. They talked about everything that came to mind: music, reading, their classes, and even joked around. Andy had never asked Jesse out on a date, but she hoped he would, she really liked him. When they finished their drinks, they continued walking around town, and stopped at every little shop they thought looked interesting. Out of all the shops, they stayed at the music shop the most. They looked through all the old vinyls, and rummaged through the stacks of CD's, and even suggested music to listen to.

Meanwhile, Austin and Sierra walked around town, too. They each got a coffee, and walked around aimlessly. At one point, Austin finally managed to hold Sierra's hand; she didn't say anything or snatch her hand away, so he kept it there, and after a while, she began to swing their hands back and forth.

"Hey, look." Sierra pointed at the music shop's sign, and dragged Austin with her.

Austin didn't really care where they were going, as long as he was with Sierra, so he followed her in. The store wasn't booming with business, and everything was calm; it was a great environment. The two walked around and finally settled on looking through the shelves and stacks of pop CD's. They found a lot of music ranging from old Christina Aguilera, all the way to Rhianna's newest album. Sierra also picked up some classics, like Backstreet Boys, and they collected their things to check out.

Austin carried the CD's, while Sierra walked ahead trying to look for a checkout desk. This time, Austin was sure, wasn't his fault - he had yet again ran into someone. Austin and the other person's CD's fell on the floor, and immediately Austin fell to his knees to pick up his discs. The other person who, again, was Jesse also got down and began to pick up her and Andy's stuff.

"Are you following me, or something?" She asked, and pushed a Backstreet Boys CD at Austin.

Andy got down too, and began picking up Austin and Sierra's CD's and handed them to them.

"It was your fault, yet again." Austin scoffed, and slid a Nine Inch Nails CD at her.

"Please, I was paying attention to where I was going unlike you." She picked up Andy's Slipknot CD and handed it to him before she stood back up and dusted her knees. "Watch where you're going next time, asshole." Yet again, she flipped him off, and walked away with Andy.

Austin scoffed, shook his head, and stood back up.

"Are you okay? Who was that?" Sierra asked him.

They kept searching for a checkout desk while Austin explained to her the incident this morning, and the incident on Friday at the laundromat. Sierra agreed that both had been embarrassing, and let the subject drop when they finally found a checkout desk.

***

"How do you know Austin?" Andy asked as they walked to a little Italian restaurant.

"Who?" Jesse honestly didn't know who he was talking about.

"Austin, the guy you were arguing with." He explained.

"Oh, that's his name." Jesse shrugged, and explained what had happened on Friday, and the reason she had a big coffee stain on her shirt.

Andy only laughed at her, and led both of them into the restaurant.

"How do you know him?" Jesse questioned once they were seated in a booth that gave them a view of the busy sidewalk.

"He's in my music class, he's a pretty cool guy." Andy shrugged and looked through the menu.

"Not when he's looking through your laundry." Jesse whispered and looked up at Andy.

He laughed at her, and flicked packets of salt at her. "But seriously, he's a pretty cool guy. I could re-introduce you guys."

"Thanks, but no thanks."

"Seriously, though. I promise he's cool, definitely not a perv."

___

/ Author's Note \

Andrew Velasquez from Crown The Empire will play Andy in this story, and he's gonna be a good character and he's just good, b/c I love Andy with all of my heart and can't have him as a bad guy :-(

I'm so flippen exited for this story!! :-)

- selfish-machines

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

178K 3.7K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
445K 30.2K 45
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
265K 9.2K 105
She was a capitol elite. He was the youngest victor in history. Their friendship was frowned upon, but their love was forbidden. Extended Summary Ins...
120K 14K 21
"𝙏𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛, 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡. 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙞𝙩" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...