Nothing More Than A Dog

By FallenRayz

Mia is a werewolf, though she is more dog than she is wolf. She is always doing as she's told, following comm... More

Intro
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27

Part 23

7.7K 174 42
By FallenRayz

Kai's POV

I swirled the soggy cereal around in the bowl after eating only a few bites, I didn't have an appetite here. It didn't help that Nate's presence hovering over me made me feel observed and uneasy. He was most likely waiting for me to finish eating but I wish he'd just ask his questions already. After a few more moments of awkward silence and me making a paste of my food he must have picked up that I wasn't hungry and decided to carry on.

"I want to discuss your presence around Mia before I ask any questions. I'd like to completely disconnect her from any reminders of her past temporarily. This means that you won't be going near her until she shifts.." I choked on my saliva and began coughing. I stared intently into the bowl. His words caught me very off guard, Mia shifting hadn't crossed my mind yet. Her becoming an actual person?? My first thoughts were just getting her away from the pack and to somewhere safe.

I regained control as quickly as I could after glancing into the suspicious eyes of Nate. I felt dumb for letting my emotions show so plainly, I couldn't give away my packs secrets. It was up to me right now to protect them. The story that only Alpha knew about Mia was believable enough and would keep my pack safe.

"When.. when do you think she'll shift?" No use trying to recover with a story of lies. I was hoping if I could carry on the conversation he'll allow my slip up to slide and as a plus, I could get an update on how Mia is doing. The Blood Moon pack will be good for Mia, they seem to genuinely want to help her.

I glanced up at Nate again when he didn't immediately continue talking. I was nervous to see his eyes were analyzing me and I knew he was processing information. He didn't seem satisfied with my response after my reaction and looked hesitant to answer my question.

"She's making swift progress already. When we gain her trust, we can convince her that it's safe to shift and no one will hurt her. However, I can't put a time to when that will be. It's all up to Mia and her recovery." I nodded my head and felt happy at the thought of seeing Mia smiling again, enjoying her life and feeling safe. It was hard to push out the thoughts of how many punishments she'd get, but I knew it was different here. She was always so happy and positive when we were younger. She had a fire that should never have died. I hope they can reignite her flame and help her become someone she should have been since the beginning.

"I heard from Kayden what you and Jackson spoke about already, how you want to do this for your pack. I understand your loyalty to the Half Moon Pack, but you need to tell me if you know anything more about Mia's situation. If there was anyone else involved with your old Alpha to contribute in how Mia was treated, or if you know something that can help us in any way" Nate spoke with seriousness but I picked up no aggression. I couldn't trust him with my packs secrets. If I got my pack killed I would never forgive myself. I could save them on my own.

I just shook my head and returned his gaze hoping to come off strong and believable. "What I have told you is the truth Nate, the events that happened with Mia were isolated from the pack. Our Alpha has never been perfect but this was a surprise to us all."

His eyes blazed into my head, he knew I was hiding more then I've been saying. This pack wasn't dumb, even I know Mia's condition and life wouldn't truly be successfully hidden all these years. Our story about Mia had a lot of flaws and a lot could go wrong, but how else are we suppose to protect ourselves. I wish my pack never fell into such cruel ways, we deserve the punishments that Mia experienced, but how can I be the one to put my pack through that.

"I don't believe you Kai. You can't grow healthy trees in infected soil. If your old alpha Rick wasn't the only one hurting Mia, then this might happen again and the cycle won't stop. I've helped many packs who have been involved with abuse, I can help your pack too, that's a promise. But you need to tell me the truth."

I understood what he was telling me, it made sense even. I've never agreed with how Alpha controlled the pack. He wasn't a good alpha in my eyes and Mia's father was always correct about him. But my loyalty lies with them and always will, they are my pack. But still..

I shifted my weight on the stool uncomfortably and thought about how much trouble I would get in, and all the trouble I would cause my pack if I told Nick even partially the truth. I wanted to trust the Blood Moon pack to help me but I can't risk it.
According to Alpha's and Betta Callins plan, I'm supposed to be here to watch Mia until we can get her back and I'm already deviating from that plan to help her escape and finally live.

I inwardly sigh from the conflicting thoughts on what would be best for my pack. I decided to avoid bringing up anything knew incase I was being irrational from the pressure. I would leave the conversation here and think about Nate's promise. "I assure you I'm not lying. I can't think of anything knew that I haven't told you but I'll make sure to let you know if something comes to mind" I know he doesn't believe me but he didn't push any further.

Mia's father was right, Alpha wasn't fit to be in his position, but a pack can't betray their alpha. It's in our blood to follow them with devoted loyalty. Is it our fault if our instincts follow that man and lead us to follow his cruel ways, to be accepted by him or killed. I will admit, a lot of the wolves in my pack are truly as cruel as our alpha, but most of us just want to survive. The Blood Moon pack could either be the one to save us or completely break us if I'm not carful.

"You've been inside all day, how about we go outside for a bit" I looked at Nate, realizing I was deep in thought. I nod my head happy at the thought of going outside to clear my mind. My head hurt from the pressure and I felt lost on what to do. A distraction was well needed.

Kayden's POV

I hated being away from my Mia, I wanted to be the one around her right now. To be with her and building our trust. I wanted her to feel comfortable around me and to show her that I was never going to hurt her. I know what I'm doing right now is helping her just as much, keeping her safe from the Half Moon Pack, and of course rogues. It's not the same without the contact I crave though.

I've been in my office all morning trying to find clues and solutions. The rogues are becoming a problem. They're growing in numbers and looking stronger, more organized as the days go on. It's been getting worse since we found Mia and I'm becoming worried.
My slip up in dropping Mia's position as Luna to Josh could have spread. I didn't trust Josh to have kept that between us so I've been increasing the defences around our border and have ordered for more frequent patrols.

The rogues have yet to enter our territory and it's been putting me on edge. It's very unlike them to do nothing but watch. I know those mutts are planning something but I can't do anything about them unless they cross our border. The rogues come by multiple times a day and just observe our wolves on patrol, or the guards on watch that I'm increasingly adding.

I groan out frustrated and rest my head into my hands. Taking a look around my desk I see papers and files cluttered everywhere. It's a mess. All this work and I've barley made any progress. I took a moment to breath hoping to clear my head before organizing my desk so I can start fresh.

The Half Moon Pack hasn't been much of an issue which I'm thankful for. They're keeping to themselves and I've been getting consistent updates from my wolves that have been stationed there to watch over them. There's been nothing knew to report regarding Mia unfortunately. The only information I've heard is that the Half Moon pack is aggressive and violent. It's especially seen when they're training.

It makes me more suspicious about their involvement with my mate. However, the royal pack has chosen to do nothing about them until Mia shifts and tells us about her old pack. Though at least they've ordered all packs in the area to keep a look out for Alpha Rick, he's to be taken to the royal pack if found so they can properly deal with him. I don't think the monster would pay enough for his actions there, if I ever saw the piece of shit, he'd wish he'd never hurt Mia, he would beg me to kill him.

I could feel my anger rising and my nails dug into my desk, I had to calm myself down before I destroyed my office. My protectiveness over Mia would make me do anything for her. I can't imagine life without her anymore. She's everything to me and whoever hurt her is going to pay for it. Whether it be only Alpha Rick or the entire pack involved, I'll find out.

I closed my eyes and tried to focus on Mia. I thought about eventually seeing her smile, getting to know who she is, and what she looks like. How beautiful of a Luna she would become. A smile played onto my face thinking about Mia. It calmed me down going through everything I could experience with her. My anger turning into love for my mate. I wanted to see her.

I stood up deciding to take a needed break, I wasn't going anywhere in progress. I looked down at the Half Moon Pack file and felt my body stiffen. We have no proof anyone else was involved, but as much as I wanted to believe it, I can't imagine no one hadn't notice her there suffering for so many years. How could they do this to her. My mate was so close all this time and I was never there to save her.
The guilt of my failure kept me in place, I felt defeated.

My attention quickly went to the door as it creaked open, Jackson's head peeked in and I realized the burning in my eyes as tears threatened to fall. I was so angry and so worried for Mia and what she went through, I hadn't noticed the emotions taking a physical effect.

Jackson rushed in and came to me side, "I knocked and you didn't answer so I thought you fell asleep. What happened, is Mia ok?" Jackson and my family are the only people to see my vulnerable side, I would never show weakness like this to anyone else. I tried to speak but looked back at the file name Half Moon Pack. Anger flared through me again and I clenched my fists, wanting to tear the pack to shreds.
I soon saw the file flip over in front of my eyes and glanced back to Jackson's understanding gaze.

"How about we go for a quick run then you can see your beautiful mate. She probably misses you, having to be stuck with Lily is probably taking a toll on her social battery" we both gave small laughs knowing too well how extra Lily can be. But she might be exactly what Mia needs, Lily doesn't hold back and speaks her honest mind. "Thank you Jackson"

=====
Hey! It's been another long wait for an update, I made sure to make this one longer and I hope you guys enjoyed it. This chapter might seem a bit off. That's because I began writing it a couple months ago and slowly added onto it when I got the motivation. I'm already in the process of writing part 24 though and it's going to be Mia's POV since we didn't get hers in this part.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.5K 1.3K 31
*This story contains sex, rape and violence! You have been warned!* Lily has been held captive by an alpha called Jack for around 3yrs. She has been...
341K 8.8K 44
At just eighteen, Anna Kilmer finds herself trapped in a continuous loop of forced prostitution and abusive treatment, unaware of how to get out. Tha...
329K 9.8K 43
#1 of the Moon series ------------ This will suck in the beginning but is slowly gets better with grammar towards the end! ------------ Little Ameth...
180K 5K 8
*Short Story* It is difficult to stay with the people who look down at you like you are some kind of disease. It hurts when they don't want to acknow...