JULIET {remus lupin}

By saffyxoxox

~where the best friend of Regulus Black finds that she has friends in unlikely places~ marauders era VERY slo... More

CAST
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
THIRTY NINE
FOURTY
FOURTY ONE
FOURTY TWO
FOURTY THREE
FOURTY FOUR
FOURTY FIVE
FOURTY SIX
FOURTY SEVEN
FOURTY EIGHT
FOURTY NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY ONE
FIFTY TWO
FIFTY THREE
FIFTY FOUR
FIFTY FIVE
FIFTY SIX
FIFTY SEVEN
FIFTY EIGHT
FIFTY NINE
SIXTY
SIXTY ONE
SIXTY TWO
SIXTY THREE
SIXTY FOUR
SIXTY FIVE
SIXTY SIX
SIXTY SEVEN
SIXTY EIGHT
SIXTY NINE
SEVENTY
SEVENTY ONE
SEVENTY TWO
SEVENTY THREE
SEVENTY FOUR
SEVENTY FIVE
SEVENTY SIX
SEVENTY SEVEN
SEVENTY EIGHT
SEVENTY NINE
EIGHTY
EIGHTY ONE
EIGHTY TWO
EIGHTY THREE
EIGHTY FOUR
EIGHTY FIVE
EIGHTY SIX
EIGHTY SEVEN
EIGHTY EIGHT
EIGHTY NINE
NINETY
NINETY ONE
NINETY TWO
NINETY THREE
NINETY FOUR
NINETY FIVE
NINETY SIX
NINETY SEVEN
NINETY EIGHT
NINETY NINE
CHAPTER 100
ONE HUNDRED AND ONE
ONE HUNDRED AND TWO
ONE HUNDRED AND THREE
ONE HUNDRED AND FOUR
ONE HUNDRED AND FIVE
ONE HUNDRED AND SIX
ONE HUNDRED AND SEVEN
ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHT
ONE HUNDRED AND NINE
ONE HUNDRED AND TEN
ONE HUNDRED AND ELEVEN
ONE HUNDRED AND TWELVE
ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTEEN
ONE HUNDRED AND FOURTEEN
ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTEEN
ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTEEN

THIRTY ONE

12.1K 650 717
By saffyxoxox

Remus knew immediately that something was wrong when he woke up in the hospital wing. Usually, the marauders would arrive a lot later, each wanting a lie in after a tiring night, however on this particular morning they were early. That wasn't the only odd thing, Professor Mcgonagall stood at the end of his bed, with Lily Evans to the right of her. Remus rubbed his eyes and began to panic as he properly woke up.

"What's happened- did I? Did i hurt someone..." He asked slowly, already dreading the answer.

"No, Remus! Merlin, no!" Lily exclaimed, going over to sit beside him. Remus looked at James and Sirius who both looked guilty.

"My mum?"He asked, looking at his head of house.

"Remus..." The old witch started kindly, "last night two people saw you in your... transformed state."

The boy stared in shock at his best friends, James was looking at Lily, biting his lip, Sirius was rubbing the back of his neck, and Peter was staring at the floor.

"How did it? I don't remember a lot of last night- but it's never happened before. We did everything right-"

"I am aware, Remus. It isn't your fault at all-"

"Then how?" He asked, his voice raising as he became increasingly stressed.

Mcgonagall looked at James, Peter and Sirius, and then back to Remus. "Your friends will explain to you, and I have been reassured by Professor Dumbledore that the two students will keep the secret."

"Who was it?" Remus groaned. 

"Well, I was there too," Lily murmured. "So really three people saw."

Remus stared at the witch next to him, trying not to let tears come into his eyes. 

"I'm so sorry, Lil."

Lily rested her head on his, "nothing to be sorry about, Remus."

"And then it was - er- Snape and-" James started.

"Snape?" Remus said loudly. "Snape? Professor, you really think he won't say anything-"

Professor Mcgonagall held up a hand, "the headmaster has assured me that he will not, and I believe him."

"Bloody hell, who else was it? Fucking Malfoy?" Remus said dryly.

"No-" James said, stuttering a little. "Er- Romilly."

"What?" Remus asked, completely shocked. 

"Juliet," Lily repeated. "It was Juliet."

Remus sighed and leant his head back into the pillow, staring at the ceiling, "fucking hell..."

"She won't say anything," Lily said reassuringly.

"Dumbledore's promised that too, has he?" He asked, looking to his head of house. 

"Miss Evans here seemed convinced that she wouldn't-"

"Lily?" Remus said questioningly. 

"Come on, Remus, she wouldn't say anything. Besides, you know some of her secrets-"

"Hardly the same!"

"You know about 12 Grimmauld Place on New Years Eve," Lily said swiftly. "That could get her ki- severely punished."

"Do you tell her everything?" Remus asked, rolling his eyes and looking at James. 

"It's true, though. She'd be fucked if anyone knew about that." James muttered.

"I'm not even going to ask," Professor Mcgonagall sighed. 

"That's probably best, Minnie," James smiled. "We'll take it from here," he said to the professor, pulling a chair next to Remus' bed. 

"So how did it happen?" Remus asked, as soon as he was dressed and sat in the common room. 

Lily and James looked at each other nervously. 

"Well?"

"Sirius-" Peter squeaked. 

"You are awfully quiet, Padfoot," Remus remarked, looking at his guilty looking friend. 

"I- er- it wasn't-" he mumbled.

"What?" Remus asked, confused. "Was it you?"

"All I said was that- I told him the whomping willow would be a good place to walk on the full moon-"

"You fucking what?" Remus asked slowly.

"Snivellus was being annoying-" James started, only to be silenced by Lily.

"You knew he was onto me anyway, he's been following me around for months."

Sirius looked at his friend helplessly, "I know, I- I didn't think he'd go."

"It's Snape, why would you not think that?"

"It was spur of the moment, Moony. Honestly, I wasn't thinking. I'm so sorry-"

Remus shook his head and stood up.

"Moony, please-"

"I'd leave it," Peter said quietly. 

"Moony, I never meant-"

"Leave it," James said, looking at his friend who was stood at the portrait hole with his back turned away from them.

"Moony-"

"Sirius. Leave me the fuck alone," Remus said dryly, stepping out of the common room. 

The dark haired boy groaned and slid onto the floor, putting his head in his hands.

"It was a dick move, Padfoot," James muttered. 

"I know," he sighed. 

"It was," Peter echoed. 

"I'm going after him," Lily announced.

"What were you doing there, Lil?" Remus sighed as he sat with the witch in the courtyard. 

"I was patrolling, with Juliet. We were outside and saw Severus there... I didn't think I just knew I needed to stop him. For his safety and yours."

"Why did Romilly go in?"

Lily shrugged, "she followed me. She knew though, Remus."

He shook his head, "she didn't."

The witch nodded, "I'm sorry, but she did. She would always quip to me about how you're always ill, she did last night. And she made a comment about the moon being full. And then before we even went in, she said that she knew it was you."

"She's going to fucking tell someone."

"If she does, you tell people that she helped you escape-"

"And incriminate myself? Unlikely."

"Look, Remus, I trust her. I don't know why but I know she isn't going to say anything," the witch paused for a second. "You should talk to her."

He shook his head, "I'm not going to do that."

"It's either today or in potions on Monday," Lily reminded him gently.

"Fuck," he muttered, kicking a piece of ice on the ground.

"She's not going to..."

"I don't care what she thinks of me," he huffed. 

"I know."

"What am I meant to do? Go and knock on the Slytherin common room?"

"She said she'll be in the library all day today."

"On a Hogsmeade day?"

Lily shrugged, "she told me that I could come and see her if I needed to."

"Huh. Nice of her."

"Exactly."

"Fine," he muttered, standing up. "I'll go."

"Remus" Lily called after him. "Be nice."

Juliet was grateful that it was a Hogsmeade day. She wanted to avoid people for as long as possible, and she certainly wasn't looking forward to seeing Severus Snape. How was she supposed to look him in the eye?

 Arabella had moaned at her for not coming to the village, saying that she would just have to awkwardly sit with Ophelia, Regulus, Persephone and Caius. Juliet had apologized and said that she had too much work to do. She thought that Arabella knew that it was a lie, but the witch had never been one to pry anyway.

The library was empty apart from a few first year Gryffindoors playing wizard's chess. Juliet half hoped that Lily would come and see her, being alone felt odd. She felt like she needed to unpack what had happened. When her eyes met Remus Lupin's from across the room, she felt a strong urge to run, to drop out of potions, and to give up her prefects badge. She stayed put.

"Hey..." He said to her slowly, running a hand through his hair.

"Hi," she replied flatly.

"Er... can I sit?"

Juliet looked around, checking for Slytherins, as was her habit. 

"Yes," she nodded. 

"Thanks."

"You alright?" She asked him, glancing at a couple of bruises on his face. 

"Fine... yeah. Are you?"

"Fine."

The boy sighed and leant back in his chair, "look, Romilly-"

"I'm not going to tell anyone, Lupin. If that's what you're here for."

"No, Merlin, I know that."

Juliet narrowed her eyes at him, "did Lily tell you to say that?"

The boy smiled a little, "Lily? Oh, no. She didn't. I don't think you are going to tell anyone."

"Then why are you here?"

"You saw a werewolf last night," he said simply.

"Since when do you care about what does and doesn't traumatize me?"

"So you're traumatized?"

"No."

"Since that werewolf was me," Remus muttered. 

"I'd worked it out."

"Sure you had."

"I had."

"I believe you," he said, a small smirk appearing on his face. 

"You're awfully chipper for someone who's biggest secret has been found out by Severus Snape."

Remus stiffened a little, remembering the severity of the situation. 

"Dumbledore said he won't say anything."

Juliet nodded, "he won't."

"No?"

"I'll make sure he doesn't too."

"Oh- er- thanks?"

"So why was he there? How did he know? I'm far smarter than him and would have never guessed the whomping willow."

Remus sighed and rested his head on his knuckle, "Sirius told him."

"What?"

"He said the tree was a 'nice place for a walk'"

"Merlin, what a prick."

"Yeah. Said it was a joke."

"Sirius never has been good at recognising the difference between a joke and something incredibly serious." Juliet said thoughtfully.

"No, he hasn't."

"Will you forgive him?"

Remus shrugged, "he's one of my best friends."

"So?"

"So, I care about my friends, Romilly."

"Even ones who do that?"

"Yeah, and what do your friends do exactly?" He snapped, feeling himself get defensive.

"That's not fair," she said quietly. "Sirius wasn't forced to do this."

"And your death eater acquaintances were?"

"You'd be surprised."

"Fine. Yes, I'll forgive him. He's going through a hard time."

Juliet laughed, "I think you're probably having the worst time of it, Lupin."

"Juliet Romilly empathizes?" He asked in mock shock.

"Sometimes. Werewolf. Dead parent. Un-loyal friends. Sounds awful."

Remus chuckled a little, looking at her. "Romilly: Dead parent. Death Eater friends. Murderer-" he said, trailing off at the end.

"Say it," she shrugged. "It's probably true. Murderer father."

"Sorry," he muttered.

"No need."

"So... you aren't phased by this... whole thing?" Remus said, gesturing to himself.

"I told you, I knew."

"You don't think I should be... kicked out of school?"

"Oh, yes. You're terrifying, really." She said, smiling slightly. 

"So I'm told," he laughed, tensing as Sirius walked into the library alone. 

"Moony..." he said quietly. "Can we talk."

"Sirius-"

"Moony, please," he begged.

"Fine, later."

"You're incredibly thick, Black," Juliet drawled. 

"Shut up, Romilly-"

"She's right," Remus snapped. 

"Don't you think you owe me an apology too?" Juliet asked. "I wouldn't have been in danger, nor would I have to keep another secret, if it weren't for your stupidity. That's twice I've had to clean up a mess that you've made."

"Really-"

"Again. She's right," Remus said dryly.

"Merlin, fine. I'm sorry, Romilly."

"Not my name," she said sweetly.

"Fucking hell- sorry Juliet."

The witch smiled, "just like when we were children."

"You grew up with Regulus, not me," he spat, turning to Remus. "Can we-"

"Merlin- I'll meet you back in the common room in a bit."

"Okay," Sirius said sadly, walking away like an injured puppy. 

"I didn't see him last night..." Juliet said to Remus who grinned at her and shook his head.

"What?"

"Nothing."

"No- really - what?"

Remus shrugged, "you didn't notice anything else... odd?"

"There was a fucking werewolf in front of me, Lupin, I wasn't focused on much else."

"Alright, you saw a dog?"

"Fighting it- you? Yes."

Remus nodded at her, waiting for it to click.

"He's an animagus?!" She exclaimed. 

"Yeah," he laughed. "They all are."

Juliet stared, remembering how she was convinced she saw James come from a stag. 

"Potter is a stag!"

"Yeah. And Peter's a rat."

"What?!"

"A rat, yeah," he laughed. 

"That's shit," she snorted, pausing before speaking again."Look- er- you should maybe go easy on Sirius."

"Oh? Why?"

"You're right, it can't have been easy for him, leaving his family."

"No, you're right."

"I can't imagine how hard it was," Juliet said thoughtfully.

"He still managed it," Remus said softly, looking at the witch.

"Yeah... fluke."

"Anyone could manage it."

Juliet smiled slightly and shook her head, "I know what you're getting at, Lupin. But no, anyone couldn't."

"But-"

"You should go and see Sirius."

"Rom-"

"Go," she said gently.

"Alright," he sighed, standing up. "I'm sorry."

"What for?"

"For last night."

She smiled, "don't worry, it's one off the bucket list."

"Bucket lists are-"

"Merlin, if you say muggle."

Remus shrugged, "they are."

"Bye, Lupin."

"Bye, Romilly." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.3K 221 17
Veronica 'Ronnie' Lupin grew up close with her brother, Remus, and his idiotic friends who all acted as if they were her personal bodyguards, making...
18.4K 605 53
Regulus Black fanfic Read the introduction for more information :) And thank you for giving this book a chance!!! Started: 13th April 2023 Finished:...
926K 31.1K 63
"if i mean anything to you i'm sorry, but i've made up my mind." โœงmarauders era auโœง โœงuploaded 12/02/17โœง โœงcompleted 02/06/17โœง best ranking: #3 in fan...
1.1M 30K 182
-แดแด€ส€แด€แดœแด…แด‡ส€s แด‡ส€แด€ โ -ส€แด‡แดแดœs สŸแดœแด˜ษชษด โ ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก ๐˜™๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ๐˜ถ๐˜ด ๐˜“๐˜ถ๐˜ฑ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ด ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ง ๐˜จ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ...