epic love - james potter

By summersaries

"the dreamers and the realists" Daisy Evans was the forgotten sister, probably because she wanted more. She b... More

something new
where's my love
i'm on my way
pluto projector
feeling good
apocalyptic crush
cold blooded
looking at me
little league
worst of you
epic love
epilogue

pleaser

16K 625 1.1K
By summersaries

Daisy honked her horn twice, one coming after the other only a millisecond after. The front door opened seconds later to reveal four boys, who emerged from the house and ran towards the car. Daisy moved over to the passenger seat and tossed James the car keys, which he caught easily.

Remus was the first to reach the car and he opened the door for the other boys. Sirius and Peter slid into the backseat, ramming into each other and Remus only rolled his eyes with an unfaltering smile as he entered the car and closed the door behind him.

James opened the car door to the driver's side and he entered, turning the key in its slot. "No way, Prongs," Remus gaped in complete awe. "You know how to drive?"

"Daisy taught me," James replied casually as he drove off and exited their neighborhood. He'd gotten better after their practicing in the empty parking lot and this was his fourth time driving through the neighborhood, around other cars. 

"Daisy still won't teach me," Sirius pouted, "because James keeps telling her not to."

"That's because I should get special treatment," the raven-haired boy easily responded. "I'm the awesomest in our group."

"Awesomest isn't even a word," Remus huffed. Daisy only laughed and turned the music up until it was blaring, deafening all of them in a good way. 

They reached the highway and James looked at Daisy nervously, to which the girl nodded comfortingly. James turned onto the highway and stepped on the pedal harsher, causing the car to speed up.

Sirius whooped and stood up, spreading his arms out like a bird. Peter was shorter but he followed in his brother's footsteps, standing up as well. The blonde boy let out a hearty chuckle and Sirius turned to him, grinning.

Remus watched them with a giant smile on his face but he didn't bother to stand, only sticking his hands up so the wind was hitting against it. Sirius hands went higher, above his head, and he let out a cry of joy as James sped up even more.

James kept looking over at Daisy, who was watching the boys in the backseat. The sound of a car honking loudly snapped his attention back to the road and James turned the wheel a bit so he was driving straight once again. 

Despite almost getting into a crash, James turned back to Daisy again and admired her laughter. He would've happily died right there, if the last thing he could see was Daisy Emrys Evans.

-----

Daisy was staying in one of the guest rooms in the Potter Manor because Euphemia offered. The older woman claimed that it was too late for Daisy to drive all the way back, even though the drive was only half an hour.

The group had been out walking along the moonlit beach and arrived back at the Potter Manor at 2:30 in the morning, thinking they were quiet while eating snacks and laughing in the kitchen. Unfortunately, Euphemia had caught them and ushered them all to bed.

It was currently 5:20 AM and Daisy had woken up, so she was now laying in the guest bed staring at the ceiling. She wondered if anyone else was up.

Curiosity overtaking her, the brunette crawled out of her bed and tip-toed down the hall, all the way to James' bedroom. She passed Remus' room since he seemed very tired last night and she passed Peter's room because she could hear his soft snoring.

Sirius would kill her if she disrupted his 'shifting' again or whatever that was, so Daisy opened James' door just a crack. She peeked her head in and James was blinded by the light seeping in from the hallway, causing him to drowsily grab his circular glasses off his nightstand and fix them on the bridge of his nose. 

Daisy silently entered and closed the door behind her, trying to be as quiet as possible. "Blimey, Dais. It's late," James noted, glancing at his clock. "What're you doing here?"

"Couldn't sleep," Daisy answered. She stood at the edge of James' bed and nodded her head towards his open window. "You wanna go watch the sunrise?"

"No," he mumbled, putting his glasses back onto the nightstand. He held his hand out and curled it into his palm, repeating the motion like a baby grabbing a toy. "Come 'ere, Dais."

Daisy didn't move and James lurched forward, grabbing Daisy's hand. He laid back down and held onto Daisy's hand, rubbing it soothingly with the pad of his thumb. "Sleep," he demanded, his voice raspy and raw.

"I wanna go watch the sunrise though," Daisy whispered, her lips hovering over James' ear. Her voice tickled his ear and James twitched, becoming verbally non-responsive. Daisy let out a sigh and gently pried her hand from James'.

The Evans girl walked over to the window and cracked it open a bit more. James' room was facing his backyard and there just happened to be a fire escape in front of his window.

Daisy smiled to herself and looked back at a sleeping James before slipping out of his neat bedroom and onto the platform. She looked down when her feet were met with an unfamiliar cold feeling and Daisy realized that she wasn't wearing shoes or socks.

Not wanting to go back, Daisy grabbed the sturdy ladder and began climbing, her hands wrapping around the handles. The brunette finally reached the roof and she looked at the night sky, where the sun started to show from the treeline. 

Daisy sat down on the surprisingly clean roof, her grey leggings making contact with the painted flooring. A few minutes later, James sat down next to her with his knees brought up to his chest. "Mum would kill me if something happened to you," James said calmly.

His gaze was fixed out onto the horizon and Daisy smiled at him. "This was, by far, the best summer I've ever had," Daisy admitted.

"Same here," the wizard replied. "Will you write to me in America?"

"I hate to say it but I don't think so," the brunette answered honestly. "I wish I could but the only way we'd be able to contact is by owl, because of your school's rules. And I doubt your owl wants to fly from America to Scotland and back all in one day, all the time."

"Well, when I leave Hogwarts, I could find you," James suggested. "I'm sure Lily would know where you are."

Daisy let out a light laugh and James cracked a smile, although he didn't understand why she was laughing. James believed that Daisy's middle name was very exact and very true for her. She truly was a child of light. 

"I doubt I'd be contacting Lily once I get to America. I don't plan on it at least," Daisy shrugged. "I mean, I know she's my sister but she's kind of a jerk. All she'd do is talk down to me. I'm sure she'd find a way to do it over letters."

"I've always wanted a sister," James said. "But I think it's fine now, because I've got three brothers." Daisy smiled at James, searching his crystal blue eyes skeptically. There was so much going on in James' mind, so many gears turning every second of the day. He never said what he was thinking aloud but Daisy could tell.

"I'll make you a deal, Potter. We might not be able to keep in contact but how about we plan to see each other?" Daisy offered gingerly. "5 years from now, on August 13th, I will meet you in the abandoned parking lot."

"What if it's not abandoned anymore?"

"I don't care," she giggled. "I will see you there in my awesome convertible, whether it's abandoned or not. Deal?"

"Deal," James nodded. Daisy's proposition got him thinking though. "Where do you think we'll be in 5 years? Do you think we'll have families or spouses?"

"5 years," Daisy repeated slowly. Both of them were looking at each other rather than the pretty sunrise before them because they were both looking at much better things. "I think, in 5 years, I'll be famous. With movies and everything."

"I'll be an Auror, of course," the curly-haired boy said, "but I don't know about families. I've always wanted a son and a daughter, maybe a dog too, but I haven't got a place I want to live or a girl I want to marry. At least, not yet."

"God, there are no guys I want to marry," Daisy scoffed. "I think I want a daughter, maybe, but I don't know about a husband."

"Why not?" James asked. 

"Every single guy is complete shit," the brunette responded with a shrug. "There are no guys I'm attracted to that are genuinely good people or the perfect guy, you know?"

"Ouch," James shot back, causing Daisy to laugh. "Not even me? I'm as perfect as guys get, no?" 

Daisy over dramatically sighed and cocked her head to the side jokingly. "I guess," she laughed. "If I did have to end up marrying someone, I guess you'd be okay. That is, only if you're still single by the time I want to settle down. I'd doubt it though."

"Really? You think I'd be married by then?" James asked, to which Daisy just sent him a knowing look. "I want to be married in enough time so I can still have kids and watch them grow up, but it just depends on if I find the right girl. Who knows? Maybe I've already met her."

"Maybe," the brunette repeated, not believing that he did. Maybe he was referring to Lily, but Daisy honestly didn't want to know. 

"I don't think I'll ever know for sure until I know," James continued with a small frown on his face. His mouth opened a bit, his pink lips parting in thought. "Can I try something, Dais?"

"Sure, as long as you don't hex me or something," Daisy laughed. James' crystal clear eyes flickered towards Daisy's soft lips and he looked back up at her, meeting her bright green eyes. They looked like Lily's but not quite, Lily's were more dull, more calming while Daisy's were more exciting.

James' eyes went back to Daisy's lips before they fluttered shut. He leaned over and kissed her gently, just letting his lips sit on hers for a few seconds. Daisy frowned a bit but her eyes shut as well as she leaned closer to him, pushing back a bit.

She tried to pull away, causing James to move closer. "James, are you sure-"

"Shut up," James mumbled onto her lips. He cupped her face with one hand and moved his head so he was leaning towards the left instead of the right and connected their lips once again.

Daisy didn't try to disrupt him again and she kissed him back softly, and slowly. She could've kissed James all day if she let him and she'd gladly let her lips stay chapped for days after. 

James felt sparks on his fingertips and fireworks going off inside his mind but his anxiety got the best of him, taking over all of his emotions so he thought rationally once again. He pulled away and his blue eyes fluttered open.

Wordlessly, they both turned to watch the sunrise. 

Daisy liked the kiss, it was definitely better than any kiss she's had with her ex boyfriends. It was soft and warm, still rather than a lot of required moving. It was just being in James' presence and having a connection, even though it was barely considered anything. Honestly, she would be willing to do it again.

"I'm sorry," James apologized after a few seconds, "I don't know why I did that."

"It's fine," Daisy shrugged. "It was probably your bodily hormones."

James airily giggled and his entrancing blue eyes met Daisy's green ones once again. "I don't think they were just my bodily hormones," he mocked Daisy's previous words. "I think, you're a very wonderful person and I like being around you."

"I don't know, I just thought maybe..." James trailed off, trying to find the right words. "Well, you're a very pretty girl with a very nice personality. Being around you makes me feel... alive, I guess. It's like before, I was just living and you were alive but now, you've spread to me and we're both alive. If that makes sense."

"It makes perfect sense," Daisy confirmed, a smile finding it's way onto her sun kissed face. She talks about dreamers and realists while James talks about the living and the alive. "I'm glad I could make that kind of impression on someone."

"I am too," he paused, "but I think that, well I thought, since I was around you so much and I enjoyed your company so much, and since I love you, then maybe I just needed a bit of something to push me more to.. activate my feelings."

"You love me?" Daisy asked.

"Yes. I do," James replied, nodding confidently at the end of his statement. 

"Well, that's good because I love you too," the brunette added.

"You're perfect for me, Daisy. We would be perfect together and we would be so happy together." James knew they would never fight like normal couples do because they always agreed on everything, but their relationship would be more like friends than lovers.

"We would." Daisy imagined her future with James and she could actually see it, with an older daughter and a younger son. They would have Sirius as their dog because the poor guy would cry if he was forced to live away from James.

"And I've never believed in soulmates but ever since I met you, I started to believe that we're soulmates," the raven-haired teen confessed. "But now, when I just kissed you, I realized that we are soulmates. Just platonic ones."

She thought for a moment and quickly looked at James before turning to watch the sunrise again. 

"I understand," Daisy said certainly. She did really understand, she wasn't just saying that. In her mind, a dreamer's soulmate could be a dreamer, but only a realist could be the center of their attraction. Maybe Daisy and James were together in another life, just not this life. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.5K 239 26
"we were likely to never happen"
101K 4.6K 52
exiled, lost, and the key to the end in her hands. thanks to the potters, at least she wasn't homeless. -𝗼𝗰𝗲𝗮𝗻𝗻𝗲𝘆𝗲𝘀© (James Potter x femOC...
175K 6.3K 108
Nanala Malfoy was the younger sister of Lucius Malfoy, and best friend of Remus Lupin. Nanala was the only girl that was close to the self proclaimed...
9.3K 364 31
What if Remus had twin sisters, Rose and Roxanne? And what if Tonks was Sirius' younger sister? And what if there was a fourth Marauder instead of Wo...