Born To Be

By NightTime_Storiexs

The kingdom of Zariya. Prince Archer of Zariya. Evelyn, a citizen of Zariya. The prince has now turned twenty... More

Characters
1| Cherie
2| Pins
3| Chocolate
4| Adored
5| Bribe
6| Torture
7| Jealous
8| Deal
9| Defeat
10| Word
11| Hopes
12| Welcomed
13| Seek
14| Night
15| Stare
16| Distraction
17| Pure
18| Logical
19| Discipline
20| Photograph
21| Life
22| Enough
23| Bloom
24| Revelation
25| Electricity
26| Flip
27| Disease
28| Rules
29| Chase
30| Marry
31| Apart
32| You
33| Value
34| Farewell
35| Theatre
36| Alone
37| Soul
38| Disgrace
39| Match
40| Proposal
41| Love
42| Recap
43| Knot
44| Sinking
45| Epiphany
46| Fantasy
48| Pearls
49| Yes
Epilogue 1
Epilogue 2

47| Spoiled

26.3K 1K 354
By NightTime_Storiexs

Chapter 47: Spoiled (Evelyn's POV)

I went back to the counter, announcing that I was bartending for the rest of the evening. I saw Caroline sitting at the end of the counter, talking to Max while he waited for me to give him the drinks that he had to serve. 

"They appear to be hitting it off, right?" I looked forward at Archer. 

I nodded, "She seems like she's enjoying his company." I went over, putting the two Bloody Mary drinks that I made on the tray. "Why don't you take the rest of the night off?" 

He looked at me in confusion. "Who will serve?" 

"Troy is free outback. Just tell him," I shrugged. 

"Your uncle will kill me," he said. 

"No, he won't. I'll cover for you. Go," I nodded, drying my hands on the apron, glancing at Caroline who was too busy staring at Max in awe. "Go," I nudged his ribs with my elbow. 

He agreed, taking his apron off and then grabbing his stuff, leaving with Caroline, telling her about how he'll show her all the best spots in town tonight. 

I sighed, waiting for another order to come up. People were slowing down on the drinks as more families started coming in for dinner. The doors opened and the Wellington's walked in. They're an older couple who come here often for dinner, but today they've brought their grandson. His name is Jonathon and he's only two years old, I've been his babysitter in the past. 

They walked over, stopping at the counter to meet me. "Evelyn, we missed you around here," Mrs. Wellington grinned. 

"It's great to be back," I chuckled. "Can I take your orders?" 

"Bartending tonight, ay?" Mr. Wellington asked while I nodded. His wife sighed, struggling to hold Jonathon. 

"Can I watch him for you?" We all turned to Archer. 

"Oh, your majesty, please-" 

"Please call me Archer," he smiled, watching Jonathon, trying not to laugh while he twirled his grandmother's hair around his fingers. They agreed and he settled down with Archer almost immediately while they went and took a table. Archer seated him on the counter while I started making the drinks they asked for before sending them out to their table. Jonathan was looking around the place, playing with the zipper on his jumpsuit. 

I walked over, standing beside him, resting my elbows on the counter. I leaned forward, looking at him. "Hi," I grinned. 

"Hi," he giggled.

"Do you remember me?" I laughed, poking his sides, tickling him. 

He nodded, even though he probably didn't remember me. 

"Do you know who that is?" I asked, pointing to Archer. The more you talk to a child as if they understand you, the more they do. And he somehow does, he just doesn't know all his words. He nodded again, fiddling with the cuff links on Archer's sleeves. "Who is that?" I asked. 

"Prinsh," he mumbled, fascinated by the cuff links, completely zoned in on them. 

I glanced at Archer who was chuckling, smiling at him. I found myself smiling too. "Can we keep him?" he asked. 

"I wish," I snorted, rolling up the sleeves of Jonathon's jumpsuit that was way too big for him. 

His eyes landed on the bowl of lollipops at the end of the counter and he gasped, his eyes getting big and sparkly. 

"Do you want one?" I laughed. 

He nodded eagerly. 

"I can give it to you after dinner," I shrugged and he started frowning. "Or if you give me a kiss." 

He contemplated it. He really did. He turned to look at me and I leaned forward, putting my cheek out. He kissed it softly before giggling, poking it. I laughed, pulling him behind the counter and picking him up. "Where's your mommy, Jonathan? Is grandma watching you this weekend?" I asked while handing him one of the lollipops. 

"Gwandma," he mumbled, fidgeting with the wrapper, trying to open it. 

I seated him back on the counter while Archer took the lollipop and opened it for him. "You're okay watching him?" I asked, turning to Archer. He nodded in response, focused on Jonathon. I stared at him for a minute. "Do you like kids?" 

"Yeah," he nodded again. 

"How many do you want?" I chuckled. 

"Too many," he mumbled. 

Jonathan turned to me, handing me the lollipop, not wanting it anymore. I tossed it in the bin and then grabbed a tissue, cleaning his hands and mouth. "Do you want a girl or a boy?" I asked while Jonathon stood up on the counter. Archer kept a grip on his hand, letting him walk back and forth. 

"It doesn't matter," he shrugged, smiling at Jonathon, standing up himself. Archer would count to three and then Jonathon would jump into his arm, giggling and laughing. They continued doing that while I continued making drinks, watching them throughout. Archer is great with kids. I can see why he wants a lot of kids, he adores them. When his grandparents were served, Archer took him over so he could have his dinner too and then walked back over, sitting with me. 

"You know he's a pretty spoiled kid," I chuckled. 

"Really? He doesn't act like it," he mumbled. "How do you know he's spoiled?" 

"I've babysat him before. His parents really like spoiling him, buying him everything, making his room grand. But he's two years old, what does he care?" I shrugged. 

"I would spoil my kids," he replied. 

"God, you really love kids," I laughed, taking my apron off as my shift came to an end. 

"Of course, I do. I want a family of my own, kids of my own. But what does that matter, we could make a kid right now," he shrugged, causing the few people sitting at the bar to look our way. 

I stared at him, folding my apron and tucking it away in the cabinet. "What?" I chortled. 

"Yeah, if you want. We could," he smirked. 

"Did I put too much vodka in that lemonade?" I asked. 

"I'm just saying," he shrugged, putting his hands up, mocking surrender. 

"Right," I said slowly. I went out back, letting them know that I was leaving because my shift was over and then headed back out. "Let's go, my parents are probably home by now too." 

He got up, opening the door for me. 

"Bye, Evelyn!" everyone sang. 

"Bye!" I laughed before walking out with Archer. 

"Everybody there loves you. You run that entire place." 

"I don't run it," I chuckled. "I just work there." 

"No, you run it, Evelyn. Everybody comes there because they love your service. And you love working there too, don't you? You look like you enjoy it." 

"It's my job to look like I enjoy it. But yes, I genuinely do. Everybody is so nice, I feel appreciated working there." I could feel his eyes on me as we strolled back to my house. 

"Do you want to continue working there after we get married?" 

I looked at him. "Your family won't allow it," I said softly. "No woman from royalty has ever worked in Zariya." 

"You can be the first," he suggested casually. 

I stopped walking, staring at him. I never in a billion years would have thought that he would bend all the rules for me. But if he lets me work, he's not just bending them, he's completely breaking them. And it can get us both in a lot of trouble. "It's not permitted." 

"It doesn't matter. If you want to, you can. You have my word. Just tell me the truth. Do you?" 

"Archer-" 

"Do you?" he asked again, cutting me off. 

I sighed in defeat, "Yes, but... we both can get in a lot of trouble for going against the rules your family has had for so many generations. I don't want to do that." 

"Do you trust me?" 

"Of course, I trust you." 

"Then continue working here after we get married. Just... give me a few weeks after the honeymoon to actually process the fact that you are my wife," he said, smiling. 

I rolled my eyes, pushing him playfully before we continued walking. "What have you planned for the honeymoon?" I inquired, narrowing my eyes at him. 

"Nothing," he scoffed. "I don't even know how I would propose to you. And I know I have to do it by the ball," he blurted out. 

I stared at him in surprise. 

"I wasn't supposed to tell you that," he groaned. 

I definitely put too much vodka in that lemonade.

"What?" I asked, very confused. "B-before the ball? You're going to propose by the ball? That's in two weeks!" I exclaimed. 

"Forget I said it, please, please, please, forget I mentioned anything," he whined, grabbing my hand as we walked, reaching my neighborhood. "You weren't supposed to find out, I wanted to surprise you," he sighed, facepalming with his other hand. "Forget I said it, Evelyn. Please?" 

"You can't expect me to-" 

"Baby, please, I... I mean, Evelyn, please," he cleared his throat. 

"Did you call me baby?" I asked, biting back a smile. 

"No." 

I stared at him. 

"Maybe." 

I gave him a pointed look. 

"Yes," he sighed. "But please, forget I said anything about the proposal, I still want you to be surprised."

.

.

.

.

.

Chapter 47

I didn't realize how far we'd actually gotten in this book, it's already at 47 chapters.

so I've decided to end it at about 50 chapters, I just hope the ending doesn't seem too rushed but I don't want to drag this book out either, so about three more chapters to go <3

next chapter: pearls

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.5K 674 35
It's a romcom story of 2 sister and their 1 bestfriend whose life get tangled with 'Mir brothers' of a well affluent family. "I don't believe in love...
18.4K 3.7K 33
Ivaan's eyes narrowed, looking at the kit in his hand "Perhaps, I should... just maybe.......... listen to you" he murmured, " but what can I say...
2.3K 149 72
Best Ranking #2 in Action-Adventure. He yearned for her vanilla-tasting lips and skin. Are you going to kiss me, Princess? Azrael whispered onto he...