It's a Little Complex? 『BTS ✘...

By Infired_Mochi

Starting college and moving into a new apartment with complete independence has been your goal. Due to all th... More

Author's Notes
《1》
《2》
《3》
《4》
《5》
《6》
《7》
《8》
《9》
《10》
《11》
《12》
《13》
《14》
《15》
《16》
《17》
《18》
《19》
《20》
《21》
《22》
《23》
《24》
《25》
《26》
《27》
《28》
《29》
《30》
《31》
《32》
《33》
《34》
《35》
《36》
《37》
《38》
《39》
《40》
《41》
《42》
《43》
《44》
《45》
《46》
《47》
《48》
《49》
《50》
《51》
《52》
《53》
《54》
《55》
《56》
《57》
《58》
《59》
《60》
《61》
《62》
《63》
《64》
《65》
《66》
《67》
《68》
《69》
《70》
《71》
《72》
《73》
《74》
《75》
《76》
《77》
《78》
《79》
《80》
《81》
《82》
《83》
《84》
《85》
《86》
《87》
《88》
《89》
《90》
《91》
《93》

《92》

15.6K 711 342
By Infired_Mochi

After the countdown it was a blur of pillows thrown in the air (mainly targeted at Jungkook for his eccentric comments), before somehow we all calmed down and cuddled up together. The bed definitely wasn't large enough to hold all of us, so we spread out around the room before passing out. When Christmas day came around, that was definitely one of the days I would remember.

To break it down, most of us had to leave and the boys parted ways with their families. It was sad to see the goodbyes and I truly would miss seeing some faces. I was surprised to find out that some had brought me gifts even though they hadn't known me yet, but I appreciated the gestures nonetheless.

Getting my turn to hug Dawon, she squeezed me so tight I swear I almost burst a lung. She made sure to get my number and told me to keep in touch or else she'll get Hoseok to drag me over to her place just to hang out. I easily promised that I'd keep her updated on life events.

While hugging me one last time, she whispered, "I'm so glad Hoseok has you. You're like a perfect younger sister to me and I'm happy to see such a bright smile on his face whenever he mentions you along with the others. Please treat him and the others right, and though arguments may come and go, just know that they are your soulmates and things will get resolved eventually with proper communication and understanding from both sides. Life's just like that, although, you can also definitely come to me. I might just have to steal you away from them."

We shared a giggle before I nodded and hugged her tighter. After she finally had to release me because Hoseok began to whine about how she cares about me more than him, I turned and saw Seokjin's grandparents just saying their goodbyes to Jungkook. With the spot open, I skipped over just as Jungkook caught my eye and beckoned me over before he eagerly moved onto Namjoon's parents.

It's safe to say I got a lot of lessons and words of advice from the two before Seokjin's grandmother placed a sweet peck on my forehead while his grandfather patted my back gently. I basked in the warmth they provided with their hugs and already knew that I had to see them again. Seokjin's grandmother even promised to bake some new recipes with me and told me that I should make time to visit over the summer if possible. Of course I couldn't deny that and she smiled brightly at my agreement.

The others were relatively formal as I bid my goodbyes and thank yous for the compliments and hospitality. Opening gifts was a heartwarming experience as they were the first technical gifts I had received from each of the guys. I was just relieved they also seemed to appreciate what I got them as well.

It was before we left that made some trouble brew. We tried to leave after presents were opened and everyone said their goodbyes, but I noticed something was off with Jimin. His smile seemed tense and his hands stayed fisted tightly. He held a convincing mask on, but I could tell by the watery sheen in his eyes and his tendency to look up at the ceiling that he was about to break.

With a final glance around, I silently grabbed Jimin's hand and walked him towards a secluded corner of the room.

"Jimin, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

I let out an unconvinced look as he avoided my gaze and looked at the wall.

"I know you. You're lying, but I won't pry. You can tell me what's wrong or you don't have to. Just hang in there a bit longer and we'll finally be able to breath soon. If you need a few minutes here or in the bathroom I could stay by your side or cover for you in your absence. You just make the call and I'll follow your lead."

He finally looked at me and a tear seemed to be just about ready to fall. I gently reached a hand up and caressed his cheek softly before wiping the tear away before it could make its descent. He had instinctively shut his eyes but then he nuzzled closer to my hand and let out a low breath.

"Just stay. Please stay with me."

"Of course I will."

"Yeah... I know you always stay."

I let out a small smile even though he couldn't see with his shut eyes. I admired his soft face that had relaxed significantly since I touched him. I focused on rubbing soothing circles across his cheek with my thumb while he let himself be comforted.

It was a few minutes later that I felt the presence of the others near us and then Jimin had finally opened his eyes. He didn't look like he was on the brink of tears, but rather he seemed solemn and fatigued.

"What's the matter, Jiminie? Some people have already left, we should start loading up the car soon." Seokjin's gentle voice accompanied by his soft head pat caused Jimin to turn to him for a moment before he rushed into the eldest's arms. I felt concerned as he hid his face away. Glancing at the others, they looked to me for answers but I shrugged in response.

❀♡❀

After some encouragement and us all shuffling into one of the nearby study rooms for more privacy, Jimin finally backed away from Seokjin's hold and furiously wiped his eyes.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't be upset, really. I shouldn't, but I feel even more upset when I think that I'm even remotely upset about this."

"What are you upset about?"

Taehyung soothingly stood next to the male and held his hands tightly.

"They cut me off. They actually did it. She said that I've gravely disappointed her and that if I wanted to be "rebellious" then so be it. She said, and I quote, 'We'll see how long you last before you come crawling back to us asking for money that your soulmates can't provide and crying because they couldn't give you enough love either.'"

We were all kind of stunned before our faces darkened. I let out a scoff at the thought of that woman.

"Well it's a damn good thing I've already shown the video to Joonie's parents."

Out eyes zeroed in on Jungkook and he nonchalantly shrugged.

"What! You showed them it?"

"Of course. I'm sorry, but I couldn't stand the way she looked at y/n and you. I can't stand the way she spoke to us and treats Jimin. I can't stand her just walking around freely. I promised to keep us together and I'm cutting her off before she can try leaving with a clean record. At this point since they cut Jimin out too, please don't take this offensively, but technically she would have no affiliations with our families and they would cut ties because of her past actions, right? Or maybe I was being dumb and made a mistake. I'm sorry."

"Wait, wait no. Jungkook has a point. My parents and Taehyung's are only working with yours because of us. If your mother cut you off, then we have a right to cut her off too."

Jimin bit his lip nervously as Namjoon's eyes held a glint in them while he praised Jungkook by pressing a loving kiss to the boy's cheek.

"But the damage has already technically been done because I already showed them the videos though. I'm sorry, Jiminie. I should've waited for your oka-"

"No. Let them get what they deserve. She thinks I need her but I don't. If anything, she used me to get more profit and social connections. Good job, Jungkookie."

Jungkook's face lit up from the praise and he adorably looked at Jimin with glimmering eyes. Jimin lightly pat Jungkook's back in approval.

A few minutes afterwards, I watched Jimin closely as Namjoon decided to go out and have a chat with his parents and brought Taehyung along to try to talk to his as well.

Jimin didn't seem to express any hurt emotions but I edged a bit closer to him even though he was trapped in a hug around Hoseok. Once Hoseok finally released him, Jimin saw me and smiled.

"Are you really okay?"

"I mean, of course it hurts a bit to know that my mother would so easily cut me off because I want to do things that are out of her control, but at the same time I'm glad. I don't want to be pressed down under her thumb and do her bidding. I never really cared about what I wanted in the past and I realize that now. It took these guys to break me out of my shell. She thinks about what she can gain whenever she makes decisions, but this time it appears she didn't think about how much she'd lose."

I let out a grin in response to his own.

"I like that thinking Jimin. If you need anything, like a person to rant to, cuddle, or to understand and listen, we're all here for you. I'll do my best to support you, but please don't bottle up any emotions."

Jimin nodded with, "Thank you. I didn't know how much I needed to hear those words until you said them."

He hugged me close and placed a soft peck on my lips in gratitude.

❀♡❀

It wasn't long after that before we made the painstaking drive home. Namjoon confirmed that his parents understood the situation and trusted him and the rest of us. Taehyung didn't say much but he said that he emailed his parents a copy since they had already left.

We spent the last few days of our winter break in dread as it began to end. The year came to a close with a sealed kiss and resolutions for the future.

Ones that may or may not get fully fulfilled.

❀♡❀

A constant beeping noise resounded through the air as I groaned and tried to burrow under the blanket. This obviously didn't solve anything as I heard the alarm's attention seeking screaming grow ever louder and more annoying.

I army crawled upward to the head of my bed before blindly reaching for my nightstand and rummaged around (while successfully knocking off various objects) in my search for the familiar object.

As soon as my hand took hold of the vibrating device, I instantly brought it up to my face and was blinded by the screen. Wincing and regretting not putting it on a dim setting last night, I hit the 'stop' button and it turned off.

Sighing in relief, I let my face flop back onto my pillow as I simply went limp.

This peacefulness didn't last long though. It never does.

"Y/n! Hurry up! Jinnie made pancakes and he's already dishing them out! Let's go- damn it she's still in bed."

A frown took over my face as I tried to hide, responding with a hiss once I felt someone begin to try to tug the blanket away.

"She's hissing! This is a code 348! Call in backup, Tae!"

"On it! Jungkookie! We need back up!"

"Damn it! I just wanted pancakes man, just pancakes."

I heard loud footsteps near my bedroom and I immediately tried to tighten my defenses by keeping a tighter grip on the burrito blanket around me, not intending to give in without a fight.

What I didn't expect was to suddenly be lifted into the air, blanket and all.

"W-wait! Hey!"

My eyes popped open as I could only see darkness. I felt myself be carried out and felt a bit disoriented by the events.

"I'm not letting you hold us back this morning!"

Jungkook ignored any of my further protests and I had no idea if the other two were following us or not. I didn't want to squirm in case he drops me, so I just lay still with crossed arms and a pout visible. So much for a good rest.

This was a great way to start the first morning of the next semester.

❀♡❀

A/N: It's late but I just felt the urge to update. At the same time I don't know about this chapter. I may regret this and have to edit it later on this week, but I just wanted to post something to show I'm alive. This story has lost some steam but I'm wrapping it up too :) For those who have stuck through the whole waiting period between each update, thank you. I swear for any future stories, I will try to prepare way ahead of time.

Oddly I'm not getting comment notifications in my email anymore also. I've seen several authors have this issue, but I didn't think I'd get it as well. Anyone know how to fix this by chance?

Question Time! I don't think I've asked, but could you perhaps post the flag emoji for your nationality? If a flag doesn't exist, feel free to type it out :))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

718K 31.6K 56
"You are ours, baby. Ours to keep, ours to take care of, ours to protect, ours to spoil, and ours to love for the rest of eternity." ⸻ There were alr...
128K 4K 35
"I might have broken many things, but my soul mates' hearts is never gonna be one of them." • "You have me now." "He means 'us'." • "Wait, does that...
47.6K 1.4K 20
Soulmate is someone who can be said as your other half....The one when passes by or is just near you gives you butterflies and shivers down your spin...
43.2K 3.2K 34
When your countdown appeared on your wrist right on the morning of your eighteenth birthday, you had thought that perhaps the universe was on your si...