Born To Be

By NightTime_Storiexs

The kingdom of Zariya. Prince Archer of Zariya. Evelyn, a citizen of Zariya. The prince has now turned twenty... More

Characters
1| Cherie
2| Pins
3| Chocolate
4| Adored
5| Bribe
6| Torture
7| Jealous
8| Deal
9| Defeat
10| Word
11| Hopes
12| Welcomed
13| Seek
14| Night
15| Stare
16| Distraction
17| Pure
18| Logical
19| Discipline
20| Photograph
21| Life
22| Enough
23| Bloom
24| Revelation
25| Electricity
26| Flip
27| Disease
28| Rules
29| Chase
30| Marry
31| Apart
32| You
33| Value
34| Farewell
35| Theatre
36| Alone
37| Soul
38| Disgrace
39| Match
40| Proposal
41| Love
42| Recap
43| Knot
44| Sinking
46| Fantasy
47| Spoiled
48| Pearls
49| Yes
Epilogue 1
Epilogue 2

45| Epiphany

26.6K 1K 138
By NightTime_Storiexs

Chapter 45: Epiphany (Evelyn's POV)

I woke up, rubbing my eyes in exhaustion, ridding the sleepiness from me. I rolled over, seeing him dozed off beside me. His shirt was off and he still had on his pants from the party last night. I stared at him, wanting to do that before he woke up and caught me. He shuffled, his brows furrowing slightly in almost agitation. I waited for a minute before lightly running my finger over his eyebrows, brushing the crease out. 

He shuffled again, finding my hand and clutching it after kissing it sleepily. I waited for a long time, knowing that he had fallen back into the depths of his slumber, before slowly slipping my hand out of his. 

I have to pack. 

I got out of bed, making my way into the bathroom where I freshened up. When I was done, I opened the door to come out, getting startled by Archer who was just standing there. "M-morning," I stammered, clearing my throat. 

"Why didn't you wake me up?" he asked, narrowing his eyes at me. 

"I thought I... I thought I'd wake you up after using the bathroom," I shrugged. 

"Are you sure you didn't think you'd sneak out without me?" He arched a brow at me. 

"I didn't. But I'm suddenly wishing I did," I mumbled. 

"Okay," he nodded. 

"Okay, what?" I frowned in confusion. 

"Okay," he mumbled, his eyes falling to my lips. 

That's my cue. "Get ready. I'm leaving after breakfast." 

"I thought you said after lunch?" he asked in confusion while I walked around him, opening the closet and grabbing my bag. 

"I need to get back home. But okay, I'll wait until lunch," I uttered. 

"Did something happen?" he asked, standing beside me, watching me shove the basic clothes into my bag. 

"No, nothing happened." 

He grabbed my wrist, spinning me around to look at him. "What is going on?" he asked softly. 

"I just want to get home. Out of the palace, away from the princesses, away from royalty, away from Chloe," I said, mumbling the last bit under my breath. 

"Chloe?" he questioned. "Did she do something?" 

"No," I lied. "I'm just annoyed because she..." 

"Kissed me?" 

I nodded slowly, not looking at him. It's embarrassing to admit that I'm so jealous. I feel like I'm being possessive of him, but am I really? I mean, she kissed him! 

"That's not it," he stated. 

"Of course, it is. I'm just angry she kissed you." 

"I know you are, but that's not the only thing. I can tell she said something to you just by looking at you. I know when you're upset about something and this isn't about the kiss. Will you tell me what happened?" 

"No," I sighed. "Because I handled it." 

"If you really handled it, why is it still bothering you?" 

I didn't answer him because there was a knock on the door. "Evelyn?" I turned to the door while it opened slowly, revealing Caroline. "Oh," she said, her eyes widening when she saw Archer. "Sorry, am I interrupting?" 

"No, not at all. Tell me," I said, smiling at her, pulling myself away from Archer. 

She looked between us, frowning in confusion. "Why did you just do that?" 

"Do what?" I questioned. 

"Pull away from him." 

I glanced at him, watching him look at me smugly. 

"Did something happen between you two?" she inquired. 

"No." 

"Chloe kissed me." 

I looked at him. First, I didn't expect him to say that. Second, I didn't expect him to be telling the other princesses about it. I sighed, turning back to my bag and continuing to shove some clothes and things inside. 

"What are you doing?" she asked me. "Wait, are you leaving?" she asked, her voice getting a little sad. 

"I have to go home," I said, turning to her. "I need to get back. I've been here a little too long," I chuckled. "I need to get back to Cherie too." 

"I guess that's fair. I mean you won't get to stay with your parents once you guys are married, right?" she chuckled. 

I glanced at him but he was already looking at me. "Yeah," he nodded. 

"What yeah?" I turned to him. "I can go stay at my parents' whenever I want," I said, stepping forward, daring him to challenge me. 

"You-" I glared at him. He put his hands up in surrender. "All right." 

"Anyway," she cleared her throat. "I just came to say breakfast has been ready for thirty minutes and you two aren't there. Just came to check," she shrugged before leaving again. 

I turned to him. "I what? Why can't I stay with my parents whenever I want?" I folded my arms across my chest defensively. 

"I didn't say-" 

"You were going to." 

"No, I just-" 

"Yes, you were." 

"Evelyn," he chuckled. 

"You think this is funny?" I myself think it's funny. But he deserves to feel a little guilty and panic. 

"No! No, I-" 

"You think this is funny, don't you? How could you do that?" I gave him a shove. 

"Evelyn, I just-" 

"You just what, huh? You just what?" I pushed him again. "You just think if I marry you, you can keep me locked in the palace?" 

"If?" His eyes widened in shock. "But you-" 

"You have no right to tell me what I can and cannot do." 

"I never-" I gave him another push and he fell onto the bed, sitting upright. "But I never-" 

"That's not how marriage works, Archer." 

"Evelyn!" He grabbed my waist, jerking me forward. My mouth snapped shut and my hands fell on his shoulders to steady myself. "Will you listen to me now or continue rambling?" I kept my mouth shut and listened. "I never said you can't go stay with your parents whenever you like, nor did I say anything is wrong with doing that. You have no idea what I was going to say." 

I listened in, staring at his eyes. 

"I was only going to say that you just have to take me when you go," he said softly. 

"Oh," I said, dumbfounded. 

"Yeah, oh," he nodded, pushing me back before standing up himself, taking a step closer, towering over me. "And I just had an epiphany." 

I frowned in confusion. "What?" 

"I had an epiphany," he repeated. 

"What epiphany?" I questioned. 

"That we're going to have a lot of fun staying outside the palace. And you may or may not fall in love with me all over again," he smirked. 

Isn't that exactly what he's aiming to do? "That is your oh-so-great epiphany?" I rolled my eyes. 

"Yes." He pecked my cheek before leaving, going into his own room to freshen up and pack. 

I shook my head, smiling to myself while continuing to pack the things I brought with me. A housemaid then came to help me with the dresses and explained that everything I'm leaving behind will be sent to my house soon after I leave. I skipped breakfast and just stayed in my room, killing time until lunch rolled around. I then went downstairs and only saw Archer, his grandmother, and his father there. 

I went and took my seat, his grandmother and father both turning to me. "Dear, I hear you're leaving today. Tell us it isn't true," his grandmother sighed disappointedly. 

"It is," I said softly. "I have to get back home now. To Cherie and to my parents as well, sorry to disappoint," I chuckled awkwardly. 

She nodded, "We understand. It's a good thing Archer's going with you. He's been dying to get away from us, I suppose you could say you're rescuing him." 

"Yes," his dad nodded in agreement. "Everyone knows he despises royalty. I'm sure he'll enjoy with you." 

It's really not that different. We just don't dress up fancy every single day and can eat however and wherever we please. But I suppose saying that would be offensive. So, I didn't. 

Everyone joined us moments later and we all ate lunch while people had their own conversations across the table. "What time are we leaving?" Archer asked, turning to me. 

"Right after. I just have to make sure I didn't leave anything important behind," I answered, turning to him. 

"So, should I have the car brought out after lunch?" 

I nodded, my eyes going to the sauce from the pasta on the corner of his mouth. 

How is he a prince? I'll never understand. 

He smirked, handing me his napkin. I rolled my eyes, wiping it off quickly. He chuckled in amusement while Chloe shot daggers at me. 

"Where are you two going?" the queen asked. 

"Evelyn's leaving," Archer answered. 

"Oh," Chloe said. "Is she not a candidate anymore?" The happiness in her voice was more evident than it's ever been. 

"No, I still am. I'm just going back home." 

And I am not sorry to disappoint. 

"And I'm going with her." 

"What?" his mother sputtered. "You... you're leaving the palace to go stay in a... in her house?" 

I resisted another eye roll. I have never felt so degraded in my life, I'm getting sick of it. 

"Yes, and it's all final. We're leaving right after lunch," Archer confirmed.

.

.

.

.

.

Chapter 45

Ik I'm not updating as much because of my exams but they're nearly doneee

next chapter: fantasy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 84.4K 45
Brielle is the beloved daughter of the town's Pastor. The perfect church girl. The angel child. To the world. River is the prince of Ashbourne. The d...
986 343 19
"I hate you, Evan", my heart broke as I hear Evelyn say with tears in her eyes. "It's good for you to hate me", I answered her waving a final goodby...
23.1K 652 14
π‘©π’π’π’Œ 𝑢𝒏𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 π‘΄π’π’π’‚π’“π’„π’‰π’Šπ’„ π’π’†π’ˆπ’‚π’„π’š π‘Ίπ’†π’“π’Šπ’†π’” "𝑰𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒐𝒇 π’…π’†π’”π’•π’Šπ’π’š, π’•π’˜π’ 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒔 ...