Surviving The New World (Book...

Von HaaaayJude

The Saviors have been dismantled and the new world is beginning, but who will lead who? When tensions rise, e... Mehr

Surviving The New World Order
Demotion
We Are Still Negan
Prosthetic Trust
Majority Rules
Tensions Rising
New Leadership
Negan's Secrets
Early Morning Espionage
The Caged Bird
Background Check
A Wolf Amongst Sheep
To Catch A Criminal (TRIGGER WARNING)
Roofie Games
Uninvited Guest
Dirty Deed
Sealing The Deal (SMUT ALERT)
Cracked
Law & Order
The Last Dance
Labor Pains: Part One
Labor Pains: Part Two
Our Little Angel
Thy Will Be Done
Parole
Test Monkey
High Horse
Turning Over A New Leaf
Testimonies
Dancing Through Unwanted Dreams
Carl's Bridge
Stumps and Bruises
Unexpected Company
Fair Share of Monsters
Marriage Counseling
Sensual Apologies (SMUT ALERT)
Pointing Fingers
Guilty Until Proven Innocent
The End is Nigh
Surviving The New World Order
Dear Harper
Helping Those In Need
Rolling Out The Welcome Wagon
Important Decisions
In Strangers We Trust
Home Away From Home
Whispers In The Dark
Family Vacation
Locked Away Memories
Fight For Your Rights
Dine and Dash
Dinner and a Lullaby
The Talk
Cemetery Gates
Laid to Rest
Re-Enlisting
Deployment
Work to Do
Whispering Intel
Bygones
Lies and Memories
Meeting the Alpha
Feelings of Home
New Beginnings

A Little Off The Top

145 7 4
Von HaaaayJude

"Ouch," Jerry chuckled. "After all that, he went down with a kick to the nuts?

"Yup," I mumbled and took a sip of my water.

"Wow. I mean, you may not like it, but that dude's got a nerve of steel."

"Yeah, but definitely not balls of steel."

"Brutal," Jerry laughed.

"Jar Jar, can I have an apple please?" Harper asked.

"Sure, squirt." Jerry grabbed an apple from the bowl on the table and handed it to Harper.

"Thank you!" Harper smiled and rushed off to play with Jerry's kids.

"She's so polite."

"She better be. I made sure to hardwire that into her brain."

"How'd she take it all?"

"Not too good."

"Really?"

"She got one look at him and cried," I sighed. "She doesn't want to see him."

"And...that's a problem?"

"For me? No, but I don't want 'er choosin' that if she's doin' it because of me. I bit my tongue around 'er as much as possible, but I don't know if my hatred for Daryl rubbed off on 'er or not. She promised she wanted this and it wasn't because of me, but still."

"You know kids, they lie over the stupidest things."

"But this isn't stupid, this is her father. In all seriousness, I honestly think she'd rather spend her time with Negan."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I gave 'er the option to meet 'em and she wanted to." The room fell silent. "I dunno what it is, but they've got a weird thing goin'. It's a bond I can't understand."

"Maybe it's Joseph," Nabila suggested. "Maybe he's trying to have something with Harper that he couldn't have with Joseph."

"Maybe, but even then, she's just as attached. She even made 'em a necklace today."

"And you're okay with all this?"

"I wasn't at first, but it was ultimately Harper's decision. She wanted to meet 'em, she did, and she likes 'em. I know he won't hurt 'er because he's not that type of person, but still. It sometimes makes me uneasy."

"Well, just be happy she has a male figure in her life," Nabila smiled. "Even if it isn't Daryl."

"Yeah, maybe," I sighed. "Thanks again for letting us visit on short notice."

"I'd be insulted if you didn't come," Jerry insisted. "We haven't seen you since Michonne put the ban up."

"I know, I just wish she'd give in."

"She will," I smiled and looked over at Jerry, who instantly understood what I was trying to convey to him. "Hey, babe, why don't you go see if the kids want to go for a walk and see what the place is turning into for the festival?"

"But that'll get Harper's hopes up," Nabila argued.

"Babe." Nabila looked from Jerry to me and then back to Jerry.

"Oh...well, a walk would do them good anyways." Nabila quickly stood up and walked off to find the kids

"So, what is this you said about the walkers?"

"I heard 'em talk." Jerry fell silent. "I know, it doesn't sound credible comin' from me, but I'm not the only one who heard 'em."

"Who else?"

"MJ, Eugene, and Rosita." Jerry fell silent once more to think to himself. "Jerry, can you please just talk to Ezekiel about this? Tell 'em to keep an extra close eye on the walkers."

"What does he need to look for?"

"I don't know, we haven't looked into it that much. So far, all we know is that we need to keep an ear out to see if we can hear 'em whisperin'. If they can talk, who the fuck knows what else they can do anymore."

"Okay, I'll let Ezekiel know," Jerry nodded. "But back to what we were talking about earlier, what are you gonna do about Daryl? He sounds determined to see Harper."

"I'll handle 'em. Whether I gotta kick his ass every day or get it through his fat head, he will leave Harper alone."

"And you're sure you don't have any feelings for him anymore?"

"No," I admitted. "We were toxic for each other, Jerry. We always fought, constantly breaking up and getting back together, even our sex life was, at one point, very horrifying."

"And when you were leader of the Sanctuary?"

"Practically nonexistent. I don't know if I was losin' feelin's for 'em a long time ago or not, but somethinin' was different after the war."

"A lot of people changed...even you."

"I did?"

"You looked like you had a weight lifted off your shoulders. You were more relaxed. After the babies, however, you shut down. We all knew you were going through postpartum depression on top of the trauma of losing Joseph. We tried to make sure you knew you had support the entire time you were here, and you seemed to get better, but something was still different."

"Yeah, I became a mother," I smiled. "Everythin' changes when you become a parent."

"Can't argue with that," Jerry smirked. "Just promise me something okay?"

"Sure, anythin'."

"Just please be careful. I know Daryl won't hurt you, and that's not my concern. My concern is that your anger will influence your decisions. You're a good kid—"

"Adult."

"Either way, you're a good person and I don't want to see you making decisions that could make your life harder."

"I promise I'll keep my emotions in check," I rolled my eyes in amusement. "Well, Harper and I better head on home. Negan is due for a trim and Harper wants to see 'em real bad. Plus, I gotta get dinner started soon."

"You'll come back and visit, right?"

"I'll try, but I gotta worry about Michonne, too. Jesus is supposed to talk to 'er about the charter today, we just gotta hope it all goes well."

"I hope so."

"But hey, if you ever need anythin', help with the festival, help huntin', goin' on a run, just radio Alexandria. I don't know if Michonne will say yes, but I volunteer my services."

"You got it, boss."

~~

"Negan, I made you a necklace!" Harper smiled as Negan entered the kitchen for his trim.

"Well, that is absolutely beautiful," Negan smiled. "Thank you, Harper."

"Mommy said that I have to ask Michonne if you can have it first."

"But what if she says no?"

"Then I will bring it over every day so you can see it."

"Harper, sweetie, I need you to leave us be so I can work, okay?" I softly spoke.

"But Mommy..."

"You can see 'em later, okay?"

"Okay," Harper sighed before making her way out of the kitchen.

"She's a cute kid," Negan smiled.

"Yeah," I happily sighed.

"Just like you."

"You just don't know when to quit, do ya?" I chuckled and led Negan over to the kitchen chair. Once seated, I re-cuffed his arms behind the chair backing and examined Negan's hair. "Shaved as usual?"

"Actually, if you can keep some up top, that'd be great."

"I've got one hand, Negan."

"Shaved, it is," Negan smirked. I walked over to the counter and grabbed the beard trimmer and headed back over to Negan and got to work. "So, how was Hilltop?"

"No talking while I'm trimming." Negan let out a playful sigh and closed his mouth, allowing me to work. "Hilltop was fine. Didn't have to do much, so that was fortunate. Harper got to spend time with Tammy and Earl Sutton, so she seemed happy."

"Any other kids?" I glared at Negan in silence. "Sorry."

"There's another kid there," I nodded. "She's a bit older, but they played briefly. We...left early." I turned off the beard trimmer and made my way back to the counter and grabbed the razor.

"Why?" Negan asked before spitting away loose hairs from his lips. I remained silent. "Oh, shit."

"Yeah," I sighed.

"I thought he was gone for good."

"Yeah, me too." I grabbed a wet wash cloth and a can of shaving cream and made my way over to Negan. I placed the cloth on his shoulder and held the razor in my mouth so I could spray some shaving cream onto his cheek. Once done, I spread it across his face and got to work.

"How'd that go?"

"It uh...it went," I nodded.

"Did you kick his ass?"

"Negan—"

"Because I'd be pissed if you didn't."

"I may have hit him a couple of times."

"A couple?"

"And kicked him in the balls."

"Ouch," Negan smiled. I shaved around his lips and moved to his cheeks. "How did Harper handle it?"

"She, uh...she cried."

"Really?"

"I was straight forward with 'er, told 'er that Daryl was back an it was up to her on what she wanted to do."

"And what did she want to do?"

"She doesn't want anythin' to do with 'em." I placed the razor back in my mouth and wiped his shaved areas with the wet cloth before moving on to his neck. "She took one look at 'em and instantly started cryin'. I was thankful that Makeda was there to comfort 'er."

"Ma-who-uh?"

"Makeda, my cat."

"Y-You have a cat?"

"Yeah, is that a problem?"

"No, I just didn't see you being a cat person," Negan chortled.

"I like all animals, and Makeda isn't just some cat. She's strong, brave, super smart, you'd be scared if ya saw 'er."

"Sure," Negan scoffed. "Anyways, back to Daryl. How did he handle knowing that Harper didn't want to see him?"

"He won't accept it," I sighed. "I'm just waiting for the day he shows up here unannounced."

"If he does, you make sure you drop his ass by my window. I wanna watch that shit." I wiped Negan's neck clean and walked back over to the counter. I tossed the wash cloth into the sink and grabbed the hair clippers. "But seriously, what are you gonna do if he does show up?"

"I dunno," I shrugged. "It's gettin' to the point that I feel like I can't even protect my own daughter anymore."

"Hey," Negan softly spoke as I stood in front of him, ready to trim his hair. "You're a fantastic mother, don't ever doubt yourself. Look how Harper turned out, do you honestly think she'd be like this if Daryl was around?"

"If he would've stuck around, I believe he could've been a good father."

"Do you still love him?" I looked down at Negan, completely unamused. "I'm not asking for a date...well, unless you want one."

"Keep dreaming."

"I always do, Negan smirked, earning a thunk upside the head from my prosthetic. "Ouch!"

"Don't fuck with me, Negan. Remember who has the shears. Next time you make a remark like that, you'll lose an eyebrow."

"Feisty...I like it." I turned on the clippers, threatening to follow through with it. "Okay okay, I'll keep it to myself."

"Good," I smiled and began to shave Negan's head. "Seriously though, do you?"

"No," I sighed.

"You sure?"

"He abandoned us, Negan. He left when we needed him most...and I'm just supposed to forgive 'em for that?"

"Some people cope differently."

"Would you have left like he did?"

"I'd rather rip my own nutsack off."

"My point exactly. A man shouldn't want to abandon his family, especially in their time of need."

"Hate to break it to you, sweetheart, but that shit used to happen all the time before all this shit."

"I'm well aware of that."

"Then what's different now?"

"What's different is—whose side are you on anyways?"

"Me? I'm on the side that keeps me clean and fed."

"Then shut up."

"Yes, ma'am," Negan chuckled. When I finally finished shaving Negan's head, I placed the clippers on the counter and brushed the loose hairs off his shirt. "So, if you're done with Daryl, that means you're divorced, right?"

"Yeah."

"So...what do we call you then?"

"Michaela Horvath."

"Huh...sounds weird."

"No one asked you." The front door suddenly opened and Gabriel entered the room alongside Michonne. "Ah, right on time."

"Oh, come on, I haven't even showered yet."

"Gabriel will make sure you get into a clean set of clothes and shower," Michonne reassured.

"Meow." Makeda meowed as she clambered her way through the legs of Michonne and Gabriel.

"HOLY FUCK!" Negan exclaimed, jumping back and away from Makeda. "What the fuck is that?"

"That would be Makeda," I answered. "My cat?"

"That's not a cat, that's a fucking wild animal."

"It's an exotic house cat," I argued. "I found 'erm and took 'er to Hilltop, but 'er previous owner couldn't stand 'er constant meowin', so I took 'er." Gabriel suddenly sneezed. "Allergic to cats?"

"A little."

"Ah, well, get used to it. As long as ya ain't deathly allergic, you'll be fine."

"Michonne!" Harper exclaimed as she ran into the kitchen. "I made this for Negan, can he have it?" Michonne took the necklace and looked it over.

"Sorry, I'm afraid he could use it as a weapon," Michonne answered.

"Aww, man." Harper pouted. "Well, can I take it to him to see every day?"

"As long as you get it back every day before you leave the jail house."

"Yay!"

"What do ya say, Harper?" I asked.

"Thank you, Michonne." Michonne gently nodded and looked over at me.

"Can we talk?" Michonne asked.

"Yeah." I turned to Harper. "Say goodbye to Negan and get ready for bed, okay?" Harper skipped over to Negan and wrapped her arms around his legs.

"Goodnight, Negan," Harper smiled.

"Goodnight, Harper," Negan smiled back before watching Harper skip away towards the stairs. Gabriel walked over to Negan and grabbed his arm, guiding him towards the door. Negan instantly walked around Makeda and finally disappeared out the front door.

"So, what did ya need to talk about?"I asked as I grabbed the broom and began to sweep up the hair the best that I could.

"I think you already know," Michonne responded calmly.

"I'm sorry, but I had to go. I didn't wanna bring that negative shit home. Jerry and I just talked and, once I was of sound mind, I went home."

"Not that."

"Then what—oh." I deadpanned and averted my eyes to the floor.

"You assaulted him."

"He had it comin'."

"I've got half the mind to lock you up for a few days...but he did have it coming, so I'm gonna let it slide. Besides, he's not injured. Bruised, but that's about it." I didn't respond. "He's really upset."

"Oh? Well, give me a moment to feel sorry for the poor bastard...cookies?" I walked over to the microwave and pulled out a plate of chocolate chip cookies. "Made 'em an hour ago."

"You just came face-to-face with your husband—"

"Ex-husband."

"—and you made cookies?"

"Was I supposed to make a soufflé?"

"I just figured you'd be more upset."

"Not really. I kind of took out my emotions on 'em. I'm fine."

"And Harper?"

"She doesn't wanna see 'em."

"Is that you talking or her?"

"You can ask 'er if ya want, but ask tomorrow. She cried when she saw 'em and I don't want 'er to cry herself to sleep tonight."

"Don't you think you're being unfair to him?"

"Me? Being unfair to him?" I snapped. "He abandoned me, abandoned Harper! And I'm the one being un-fuckin'-fair?"

"Michaela—"

"He got what he had comin' to 'em, and he's gotta live with the repercussions of his actions. He left, Harper grew up with out 'em and I had to be 'er mom and dad!"

"And Negan?"

"He's there for 'er a helluva lot more than he ever was."

"Like a father?"

"Like a father servin' time. Negan knows he ain't 'er dad and knows he never will be, but Harper likes 'em and I'm not gonna fuck that up for 'er. Do ya got a problem with how I parent?"

"No," Michonne sighed.

"Good." I placed the cookies back in the microwave and let out a sigh. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay."

"How was the talk with Jesus?"

"We're in talks," Michonne mumbled.

"Talks?"

"I have to admit, it felt good seeing them all. I miss everyone, but I'm just worried about everything out there."

"Ya can't let one bad apple ruin everythin' we had."

"I had to kill children because of her."

"Yeah? And if I was there, nothin' would've stopped me from gettin' to my kids. Ya did what needed to be done. Unfortunately, when people are gone in the heads, they don't always come back."

"You came back."

"Yeah, but I'm special as fuck." Michonne instantly smiled. "Look, she raised the kids to be murderers. I was raised by a man who was extremely abusive and look how I turned out. I went to shit for the longest time. I still have urges to this day. If ya tried to save those kids, it would've turned out bad. If ya let 'em run free, they would've starved to death or been killed by walkers. In my opinion, better to be killed quick rather than suffer."

"Yeah," Michonne sighed. "I guess you're right. But now with these whispering walkers—"

"Everyone's on high alert. Eugene is gonna radio Oceanside and I warned Jerry, who is gonna warn Ezekiel."

"Tomorrow night, Jesus is going out with Aaron, MJ, and Daryl to see what they can find. Eugene thinks that, if they're progressing, it could actually be a sign that the virus is slowly dwindling down."

"Dwindlin' down?"

"That maybe, if we can find a way to save them, they're not too far gone to come back."

"Mommy, I'm ready!" Harper called out from upstairs.

"I'll be up in a minute, Harper!" I turned back to Michonne. "That's highly unlikely."

"I know, but he's the smartest out of us all, so I'm gonna let him run his theory and see where it goes. Besides, we need answers, period."

"True."

"Meow," Makeda butted in, demanding attention.

"Hungry?"

"Meow." I walked over to the cabinet and grabbed the bag of cat food and poured some into her bowl. I set it on the floor and Makeda went to town.

"She's adorable."

"She's like a damn dog, warns me about walkers, protects us...she's a blessing."

"I just hope you know what you're doing."

"I do," I nodded. "Harper's old enough to make 'er own decisions on things." I gently stroked Makeda's back and smiled. "I want Daryl to stay far away from Harper until I say otherwise. If Daryl comes here, I want to be informed. Can ya do that?" Michonne reluctantly nodded. "Good. Now, if you'll excuse me, I've gotta lay Harper down for bed."

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

68.9K 1.9K 51
Barely making it off the farm alive, betrayal and tension between the group only pulls on Daryl and Theo's strings, will they be able to make it thro...
81.2K 2.4K 25
(Season 9 and up) With Negan and his saviors under control, our communities feel peace for the first time in a while no longer having to answer to Ne...
27.8K 833 28
Hiraeth: Longing for a home one cannot have or never had. While residing at the farm with Hershel, Rick and Shane find themselves in big trouble in t...
2.7M 91.3K 56
The end of one world is only the beginning of a new one. [Daryl Dixon]