(DISCONTINUED) Phantom sorcer...

By Chabyan

[Y/n] is a young, kind hearted mage that lives on the Boiling Isles and attends to Hexside as a student. The... More

I was a teenage abomination!
Intruder
Covention
Hooty's moving hassle
Lost in Language
Something Ventured, Someone Framed
(Not a chapter) I need to know this
(Not a chapter) I've waited way too much
Escape of the Palisman
Sense and insensitivity
Adventures on the Elements
Really Small Problems

The First Day

3.9K 110 176
By Chabyan

(Killer Luz.

I'm not proud of this drawing, but I'm not sorry either. I am also not proud of my photo taking skills)

(Third person POV)

After just barely passing the entrance exam that Bump put her through, Luz was now flying on Eda's staff while looking around very nervously. Also, Luz was wearing a Hexside uniform, but the parts that would be black on a normal unifrom were gray, and the parts that would be of the chosen coven color were white.

"We gotta go back. This was a mistake!" Luz said as she pointed behind them "I'm gonna mess things up again and everyone will see, and-"

"Right, you gotta calm down" Eda cut her off while looking at her over her shoulder "What are you nervous about? You've been to school before"

Luz looked at Eda with a raised hand.

"That's why I'm nervous!" Luz said, then looking down with slighty furrowed eyebrows "At my human school, I didn't make a good first impression. This is a chance to be seen as something other than a screw-up"

Eda now turned her head to look at Luz with a smile.

"Hey, don't worry about what those dorks think, if you want my advice, walk into class-" Eda said as she punched the air "-And punch the first kid you see"

Then Eda faced up and forward with her eyes closed and a smile on her face.

"To establish dominance" She stated.

Luz gave her a smile "Aw, I won't be doing that, but.... thanks"

After that, Luz and Eda continued to fly their way over to Hexside.

(On Hexside)

Walking around the campus of Hexside, [Y/n] was besides Amity, who was being followed by her abomination. Both were obviously wearing their uniforms, and while Amity held two books and her abomination held two bigger ones, [Y/n] had a small button up bag that was swung over his shoulder. Amity walked to his left while [Y/n] was walking to her right.

[Y/n] looked back and at Amity's abomination with a smile.

"Is it me, or did this guy got bigger from the last time I saw it?" [Y/n] said, now looking at Amity.

Amity looked at him as she smiled a bit.

"Well, I did change the recipe a bit" She explained.

[Y/n] then looked at the abomination once again as he smiled.

"Hey Globee, how are you doing?" [Y/n] asked it.

The abomination slowly looked down at [Y/n].

"Glob... be fine" The abomination said on it's usual deep, almost monstrous voice.

[Y/n] seemed slightly surprised while still smiling "It actually replied. That's awesome"

He said the last part almost whispering. Amity stoped walking and looked at the abomination with a serious face. The abomination stoped and so did [Y/n].

"You're not called Globee" Amity said calmly.

The abomination looked at her and gave a slow and slightly sloppy nod.

"Me be... no Glob" It repeated.

At that, Amity resumed walking, and quickly after that her abomination and [Y/n] did too.  The boy gave his friend a side look while still smiling slightly.

"You know, I wish abominations were conscious sometimes" [Y/n] said.

Amity turned her head to look at him with a raised brow and a overall face. Now, they had walked out of the insides of the building, now steping into the campus of the school.

"Why is that?" Amity asked curious.

[Y/n] smiled as he closed his eyes "Well, imagine being an abomination. You are summoned, and the first thing that you think is: 'Oh man, out of all people, why did I have to be made by Amity?'- Ow!"

[Y/n] chuckled as he rubbed the spot on his arm bellow his shoulder, since Amity had just hit him there. Amity didn't seem very amused, but she was smiling.

"Your humor is evolving in reverse" Amity said as she continued walking.

[Y/n] kept a small smile on his face as he catched up to her.

"Well, in my defense, I feel like you're just not the right public" [Y/n] said jokingly as he passed a hand through his hair.

Amity stiffled a laugh, making [Y/n] stop smiling and just lightly glare at her.

"Yeah, that's gotta be it" She said as she rolled her eyes.

After that, they continued to walk on the campus, now being actually pretty close to the entrance of the school, and as they were there, [Y/n] couldn't help but notice a certain short haired girl in a newbie blank Hexside's unifrom.

[Y/n] quickly ran up and smiled wider. Amity then slightly frowned as she also went faster while saying 'Wait up'.

"LUZ!" He called out as he waved his free hand up.

Luz looked around a bit, and then she noticed him too, waving at him too. A few seconds then, and [Y/n] and Amity were now in front of Luz.

"Hey Luz" Amity greeted.

"Bump told me you managed to pass the exam!" [Y/n] smiled as he looked at Luz "Was he impressed by your weird magic?"

Luz looked to the side and at the ground as she chuckled, slightly nervous.

"Weeeell, 'Impressed' is not the word I would use" Luz explained as she looked at them.

"Oh" [Y/n] simply said "It didn't go as planned?"

Luz then nervously chuckled as she shook her head 'no'. [Y/n] smiled a bit as he sweatdroped a bit.

"W-well, you know what? It doesn't matter. The important part-" [Y/n] said as he rised his index finger up "-Is that you're here. That's more than what some people can say"

Luz smiled at that statement. Amity nodded at that with a smile as she looked at Luz.

"Yeah, congrats on getting in" Amity said, and then she crouched down a bit and placed her hand aroudn her mouth, as if to whisper, the abomination imitating her moves "And not being in the baby class"

Luz smiled at the two.

"Thanks, guys!" She said with a happy tone, then lifting her palm up for a high five "Up top!"

[Y/n] is first to high five her, then Amity, and then Amity's abomination. However, her abomination didn't high five her hand, rather her face. Luz started to take off the abomination goop as Amity and [Y/n] walked away.

"See you later, Luz!" [Y/n] shouted at her.

After that, Luz was able to take off the goop, still with a smile still on her lips.

(Timeskip)

Principal Bump was was now sitting calmly on his office, watching a news report about a unknown and mysterious incident that had recently taken place on Glandus high.

He was watching it through a crystal orb, and Bump was looking down with a slightly frowning face.

"A terrible development at Glandus High School" The reporter said, the 'screen' now showing a couple of students laying on the ground "Students were found unconscious and without magic. The cause remains unknown"

As that was said, Bump face quickly became a smiley one as he pointed at the crystal orb.

"Ha! Take that, Glandus!" He exclamied amused, then looking out the window with more narrow eyes and a smile "Looks like this year's Grudgby match is going to be a forfeit"

Bump then heard the door of his office click open, and now he looked in front of him again. Luz walked in and towards the desk with a smile on her face and her hand into a finger gun that was pointed at him.

"Hiya, Princy-B! Can I call you that?" Luz greeted, and then asked.

Principal Bump frowned a bit as he held his hands together. Luz reached his desk by now.

"Absolutely not" He forbid her, now regaining his neutral face "Now, today we will be visited by the Emperor's Coven for a routine inspection. If we want to impress them-"

Bump pointed at her with his left hand.

"-You'll need to join a coven track before they arrive" He explained.

"Actually, Principal Bump, I've made my own schedule" Luz said as she pulled out a long scroll and opened "First, vet care for mythical beasts, then healing and dealing, and then after lunch-"

The scroll unrolled over Bump's desk as he took hold of it and readed it a bit, then letting out a little laugh.

"Studying multiple tracks at once?" Bump asked amused, now looking up at Luz again "Only [Y/n] does that"

Luz smile went away from her face, but then it returned as she placed her right hand over her chest and put down the scroll.

"Then I'll be the second" Luz told him.

Principal Bump gave Luz a stern look as he grabbed a book.

"No you won't" Bump said, now lifting the Rules  Book "Acording to the rules, a good witch needs to hocus-focus. [Y/n] is only allowed to study various tracks because he recived permission from the Emperor's coven"

Bump then pointed up from where he was sitting. There were nine little banners, each for every Main Coven; Barb, Plants, Abominations, Beast Keeping, Healing, Construction, Potions and Illusions.

"You can only pick one of the nine tracks" Bump narrowed his eyes at Luz as he pointed at her once again "And you do not want to embarrass me in front of the inspector"

Luz looked at the side and down with slighty furrowed eyebrows.

"But all the tracks are so cool!" Luz whined "Is there some sort of enchanted article of clothing that can sort this out for me?"

After that oddly specific description, Bump looked down too as he has his hands together again.

"Well there used to be, but..." He said as a flashback came over him.

[[

Somewhere inside of Hexside, a young witch is sitting on a high chair with a happy smile on his face.

"Oh, I'm so excited!" He said as he looked up.

Bump then proceded to put a brown pointy witch hat on top of the kid's head. The hay started to move as a scary face could be seen on the front part of the hat.

"And now... I feed!" The Choosy hat growled.

After that, the hat closed up and wrapped around the witch's head as the little boy screamed in terror.

"AAAAHHHH-"

]]

The flashback was over as Bump still looked a bit to the side, then shuddering at the thought of the hat.

"I don't know if I can choose just one" Luz said unsure as she looked down.

Now, Bump stood besides her with a neutral expression as he pointed up at the banners.

"Then I'll choose one for you" He said, his finger traveling from one banner to the other "Eeny, meeny, miny, moe!"

As he said 'moe' his finger landed on the last banner to the left, the Potion track.

"Ah, yes!" Bump said with a smile as he looked down at Luz "The potions track. You humans are filled with liquids, right?"

After that, Principal Bump drew a spell circle with his finger, and a green magic circle went up from Luz shoes and up to her head, changing her outfit for a potions track unifrom.

Luz looked at her new clothes with a smile

"Oh, I guess I have always liked pouring things into other things" She comented.

Principal Bump looked at Luz with a more serious expression on his face.

"I expect you to be on your best behavior" He told her.

After that, the man walked up to a small board on the wall. It had a paper attached to it that read the word 'Bill' in big, red letters. It also had a decreasing graphic and a few pinned photos of different accidents that had taken place on Hexside. And funny thing is, they were all Luz-involved events.

"Based on the costly repairs from recent incidents" Bump then looked at Luz again "We could really use a donation from the Emperor's Coven"

Bump now lifted his hand and closed his eyes. He drew another spell circle as Luz was surrounded by a green glow, her body now levitating.

"Now, off to class" He said as Luz literally floated away.

As Luz got out of his office, a scream could be heard, alerting Bump as he ran up to the window.

"The choosy hat!" Bump exclaimed "It broke free"

(On the halls of Hexside)

[Y/n] was walking on the corridors with a neutral expression on his face, both of his arms to his sides. Then, he looked down for a bit.

"...By now, Bump must have already made Luz choose a track" [Y/n] thought as he kept going forward.

After that, his stoic face turned slightly more confused as he looked back up.

"Actually, I do wonder what track did she chose" [Y/n] thought.

He then turned a corner. An idea came up to his mind as he smiled a bit.

"I mean, it sure would be nice if she would choose one of the tracks I'm taking" [Y/n] thought as he crossed his arms, a small blush unconsciously spreading through his face.

[Y/n] quickly finished walking on the rather short corridor as he closed his eyes in thought, since he knew the school very well by now. He turned the corner, but he was knocked down to the ground a second later.

"Oof!" [Y/n] huffed.

"Ugh..." Luz said dazed.

[Y/n]'s head droped to the ground, face first.

"I feel like something inside me broke. Something important" He said with a strained and muffled voice.

As of right now, Luz was laying on top of [Y/n]'s back as he was face down on the ground. [Y/n] looked up and raised an eyebrow upon noticing Luz.

"Luz?" He asked.

Luz looked at him and smiled "Hey [Y/n]! How are you doing?"

"I was doing fine until you came up and tackled me like a fricking Grudgby player" [Y/n] replied with a frown on his face.

"Sorry" Luz apologized after a little chuckle.

After that, Luz got off [Y/n] as he stood up too. [Y/n] looked at Luz as he dusted off his clothes the best he could.

"How did you got so close to me? I didn't hear your footsteps" [Y/n] asked as he now placed one hand over his waist.

"Bump casted a spell on me and sent me flying to my class" Luz explained with a smile on her face.

At that, [Y/n] just now payed attention to Luz uniform, noticing on how she was wearing Potions track colors. He smiled.

"Potions? That's a nice class, but..." [Y/n] said, trailing off at the end.

Luz looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"I didn't think you would choose that one" [Y/n] continued and finished.

Luz got more confused "Huh?"

"I mean, that class teaches you pretty useful things, but if you compare it to the other tracks..." [Y/n] said as he moved his hand around a bit, his eyes trailing off around the room as if trying to find the words to further explain his point "...It can be kind of... boring"

"I didn't choose it. Bump did it for me" Luz said, now looking a bit disappointed "I'm starting to regret not making the choice myself"

[Y/n] quickly waved his hands around as he smiled nervously.

"Don't worry though! Potions are nice too" [Y/n] reassured her.

Luz laughted a bit at his behaviour as [Y/n] chuckled a bit more.

"Oh man, It's just your first day and I've already brought the mood down" [Y/n] said jokingly.

Luz smiled at him as [Y/n] just smiled too and muttered a 'sorry'. After that little stunt, [Y/n] offered Luz to take her to the potions classroom, since he also had that class first.

As they walking side by side on the halls, Luz looked at [Y/n] with curiosity.

"So, you study various tracks, right?" Luz asked while giving off a smile.

[Y/n] looked at her and nodded "That's right"

"And what tracks do you study, exactly? I'm kinda curious" Luz questioned.

[Y/n] and her kept walking as he folded his arms and smiled a bit.

"I am technically allowed ti study what I want,, but I only study Illusions, Potions and Oracle" [Y/n] numbered.

"But how did you get permission for studing them all?" Luz asked with slightly furrowed eyebrows "Bump said a good witch needs to focus on one kind of magic"

At that question, [Y/n] frowned a bit as he smile faltered. He looked away from Luz and faced forward instead.

"It's all my teacher's doing. His name is Dergeist" [Y/n] said as Luz just looked at him and listened "He is a member of the Emperor's coven"

[Y/n] then slightly turned his head and looked at Luz again.

"He came to Hexside one day, just to get a look around. Apparently, he saw me dueling against another student a few years ago" [Y/n] explained with a serious expression on his face "He offered to train me, and then he asked for a special permission that would allow me to study several tracks at once, because learning about only one kind of magic would 'hold me back'"

[Y/n] explained, making quotation marks with both hands at the 'Hold me back' part as Luz smiled at him.

"That sounds really cool!" She beamed happily.

The boy besides her tilted his head slightly to the side, his smile still missing.

"Well, i still have... mixed... feelings about it" [Y/n] stated as he now folded his arms together.

Luz looked at him with a more confused and curious expression.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"I mean, it's nice to study more than one track, it would get dull otherwise. But... I don't like to feel like i'm getting some special treatment" [Y/n] said with a frown forming on his face. He then looked at Luz once again "A lot of people here think I'm a spoiled idiot or something"

[Y/n]'s eyes then droped as he looked down at the floor with a more prominent frowning face than before.

"It was already hard enough to make friends when I didn't had a spotlight shining above me" He stated as he then let out a sigh.

Luz looked at him with slightly furrowed eyebrows in a worried expression. She gave him a slight smile.

"Hey, just play it off! Some people might not like you, but you still have us" Luz said cheerful "Willow, Gus, Amity and Me! We're your friends because we know you, and you're not like that at all"

[Y/n] stared at her for a few seconds before he smiled a bit.

"Yeah, who needs a lot of friends when i have you guys?" [Y/n] said with a calm voice.

After that, Luz smiled at [Y/n] as he unfolded his arms and looked forward again with a more confident smile on his face. With that, Luz and [Y/n] continued their way over to the potions classroom.

(Timeskip)

After a while, they now are on potions. The classroom had two rows of 4 desks each, 2 seats per desk. Boscha was sitting on the front desk of the left row, Luz was sitting on the third desk of the right row and [Y/n] was sitting on the second desk at the right row. Different students filled the other spaces as the Potions Teacher was standing in front of the chalkboard.

She smiled at her students with her beak like mouth.

"Welcome to a new semester!" She said with a happy tone "Let's get stirring! Today we'll make..."

At that, she searched somewhere underneat her desk, and she pulled out a yellow, round potion.

"Fog brews!" She said before throwing the bottle to the floor.

As they potion shattered on the hard surface, a cloud of fog quickly emerged from the floor and engulfed the Teacher.

As the fog went away, she was no longer there, before she appeared in front of her desk. She raised her hands and smiled enthusiastically.

"Begin!" She exclaimed.

As she gave the good to go, everyone started to mix and prepare their potions on their respective places.

[Y/n] tried to look at something that was written on the chalkboard, but couldn't since Boscha's head was blocking his view. He tried to move his head around a bit more, trying to look over her.

At all the movement and the noise, Boscha turned around and looked at [Y/n] with a questioning look. As she did, [Y/n] stoped moving around, instead simply staying in place and looking at her.

"Hi" He simply said.

"Were you staring at me or what?" Boscha asked with a somewhat angry tone.

[Y/n] stiffled a laugh "Please, don't flatter youself hon. I was merely trying to look at the board"

Boscha frowned angrily at him as [Y/n] gave her a calm smile.

"Also, could you please move a bit to the side?" [Y/n] said, then closing his eyes "I don't know if you're aware, but I can't see through donkey meat"

At that, Boscha frowned harder as she slightly gritted her teeths, furious. Before anything could happen, The teacher cutted in.

"Mr. [L/n], stop talking with your classmates and focus on the Potion" She scolded.

[Y/n] smiled at her as he grabbed the spoon again and kept mixing.

"Yes, I'm sorry" He said while he nodded "It won't happen again"

The teacher seemed satisfied as she walked away from his desk. Boscha glared at [Y/n], as he in return pulled down the lower eyelid of his right eye while sticking his tongue out at her in a mocking manner.

Luz poured some yellow liquid on her cauldron and then started to mix with her wood spoon as she held a unsure look on her face.

"See, potions are fun!" Luz said, trying to reassure herself "You could spend the rest of your life studying this, right?"

Then, Luz looks to the side and at [Y/n], who was a just standing there, mixing his ingredients. Luz kept smiling.

"Besides, [Y/n]'s here" She said to herself.

[Y/n] then also lifted his sight from the cauldron he was working on, and then he looked into Luz direction. As he noticed her also looking at him, he gave her a warm smile and waved a bit before going back to his brew.

Luz blushed some at the gesture.

"That was... kinda cute..." Luz thought as she mentally giggled.

A couple of seconds later, Luz's cheeks shimmered down as she decided to take a look outside, since a explosive noise caught her attention. As she looked out the window, she saw Willow and a another student from the Oracle track having a battle.

The Oracle student pulled out a purple crystal orb and held it with her sleeve covered hands. Out of the orb, a sort of purple spirit appeared. It seemed to have bandages around it's body.

"The Oracle Track!" Luz exclaimed.

Willow, on the other hand, had a determined expression as she did a spell circle and slammed it on the ground. A few meters ahead of her, a monster plant grew out of the ground.

"The Plant Track!" Luz gushed.

Both of the individuals then rushed at eachother in an epic manner as Luz watched in un awe. She was looking on with sparkling eyes, her face against the glass of the window.

"Wow!" Luz said in a slightly hushed tone.

However, as she watched the duel take place, she failed to remember that he potion needed to be mixed. Some stange steamy substance was starting to emerge from her cauldron.

The Teacher was behind Luz as she cleared her throat to get her attention. Luz looked back and up at the annoyed Teacher's expression with an apologetic look

"Sorry!" Luz said, atending her brew immeadiatly "Sorry"

The steam started to disipate, the Teacher walked away as Luz looked to the side with a worried face.

(Timeskip)

Several students are now walking out of the Potions class, [Y/n] and Luz being the two last ones. Luz was grabbing her left elbow with furrowed eyebrows as [Y/n] was simply standing next to her with his arms to his sides.

"Ooh boy, stirring is the pits" Luz said as she held her elebow.

[Y/n] smiled a bit, amused. Then, Luz took out a paper and readed it over as [Y/n] leaned in to be able to read too.

"Let's see what else is in the schedule for today" Luz said.

They both quickly noticed that her shedule was composed of nothing but potions all day. Luz furrowed her eyebrows as [Y/n] let out a slightly nervous chuckle.

"I-it seems like you're gonna be at it for a while" He stated.

"Oh, man! I'm sorry, elbow!" Luz said as she looked at her left arm with worry.

[Y/n] looked at Luz "You know, i wouldn't worry too much. First days are always the worst ones"

Luz now glanced at him as [Y/n] did a small spell circle with his hand. A feather and a small stash of papers poofed into existence on his hands.

"I'm sure you'll get in the groove eventually" [Y/n] said with a calm tone, now turning to walk away "See you later, I got some things to take care of"

Luz looked at him with confusion.

"But i thought you decided to stop working since that day me and Gus destroyed detention" She said.

[Y/n] stoped and turned around to face her.

"I toned it down, but i didn't quit it" [Y/n] said while smiling.

Luz then nodded at that "Oh, well, that explains it"

[Y/n] nodded at her too and then turned around again, now also waving at her while having his back at her.

"Until later, Luz!" He said as he started to turn around the corner "Try to not get into much trouble on your first day!"

[Y/n] finally disappeared, Luz now being alone on the hallway. Or so she thought. She saw how the Oracle student walked up to a big open locker. She placed the crystal ball back on it's place before walking away.

"A crystal ball" Luz said as she looked at it "Maybe it can show me if I'm on the right track"

It didn't take much longer before she raised her hand in front of her in a 'stop' gesture and she closed her eyes while slightly frowning.

"No, don't be tempted!" Luz said, now opening her eyes "It's your first day. Make a good impression"

After that, i seemed like Luz was gonna follow the rules and just walk away with her eyes closed, ignoring the crystal ball. Of course she didn't.

Luz grabbed the magical orb as she held a cheeky smile. Out of it came the same spirit that had appeared on the battle she Saw earlier.

"Woah!" Luz said in awe.

The Oracle from the crystal ball pointed at her and spoke in a ghostly voice.

"You will be in trouble very sooOOoon" It said.

"Wow!" Luz said, but then she frowned "Wait, what'd you say?"

Luz heard a male voice clear his throat behind her, and she turned around to be met with Principal Bump's angry face.

(With [Y/n])

[Y/n] was doing little but longs jumps along the halls of Hexside, making use of his light-weighted body to travel faster.

He was concentrated on the paper that he held on his right hand while his other hand was behind his back to prevent it from moving around as he jumped.

He then hummed a bit.

"Detention track" He said to himself "I hope Jerbo and Barcus are doing just fine"

Most of the chores that [Y/n] did on a daily basis were mostly routine. But today, he had a new one added into.

He was supposed to go into the detention track homeroom and check all of the listed students were present.

[Y/n] took another look at the list, now looking at it with a rised eyebrow.

"'Viney'? I don't think i've heard that name before" [Y/n] thought as he faced forward again "Sounds like a girl's name"

After that, the rest of the trip he just hummed a song while he jumped and jumped. He would sometimes stumble upon another students, but he would just jump over them safely.

Several jumps after that, he finally reached the door for the detention track. He stood there with a serious expression on his face.

[Y/n] then did a spell circle as the door glowed and opened. Sooner than later he walked in, the first thing he noticed being the teacher that was sitting on a chair, playing and using his scroll.

The man gave [Y/n] a frowning and bored look as the student simply looked back at him with a calm expression.

[Y/n] then spoke "Hello. I'm supposed to-"

"I know" The teacher rudely cut him off "Bump told me. Just do it quickly"

[Y/n] frowned at the interruption, but then he simply shruggered it off and walked up on the front of the class while looking down at the list.

"Also" The teacher said making [Y/n] turn to look at him "That girl right there is new, so she's probably not on the list"

[Y/n] got confused at this, as he looked at the desk where Jerbo, Barcus and a girl, Viney he guessed, were sitting.

But then, he looked where the Detention Teacher was pointing as he was even more confused, shocked even.

Luz was mopping the floor as she had a bucket near her while she had a grim aura around her. Then, she lifted her sight and looked at the front of the class, noticing [Y/n].

Luz seemed to be slightly surprised, but then she waved at him. [Y/n]'s eyes were slighty wide as lifted both of his hands, mouthing the word 'HOW?' at Luz.

At this, Luz simply gave him a sad, furrowed eyebrows as she lifted her shoulders and then droped them.

"But- When- HOW?! I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!" [Y/n] internally screamed, conflicted.

Then, [Y/n] took a deep breath and quickly calmed himself down. His face now showed a normal and neutral expression as he glanced at the desk where the other three students sat at.

"Ok, I'll just talk about it with her later" [Y/n] thought.

He then got to work onto the task at hand. He readed the list one last time before looking at Viney, Jerbo and Barcus with a slight smile on his face.

"Jerbo" [Y/n] called out.

Jerbo smiled a tiny bit as he lifted his hand. [Y/n] then put a tick mark besides his name.

"Barcus" He then called out again.

Barcus barked, and [Y/n] did the same he did with Jerbo's name on the list. After that, [Y/n] then looked at the last person on the room.

Viney was leaning on her hand as she rested her arm on the table, and her expression seemed irritated or serious.

"Viney?" [Y/n] called out.

In return, Viney simply looked at him before looking away, all while keeping that same bored face. [Y/n] smiled a bit as he looked at Viney.

"Oh- Err... This seems to be a misunderstanding" [Y/n] said "You're supposed to raise your hand up or say something"

Viney didn't even bother to look at him as [Y/n] chuckled a bit, slightly nervous.

"Look, I need to tick your name, but this magic paper won't let me" [Y/n] said as he fliped the page and showed it off.

Viney looked at it with her expression slightly changing to a more curious one. [Y/n] tried to use his feather to write besides Viney's name, but couldn't.

"You have to do or say something" [Y/n] explained as he smiled a bit "Please?"

The brown haired girl just looked at him with a frown, but then she sighed and lifted her right and free hand up in the air. [Y/n] smiled as he was finally able to write if off.

"Thanks" [Y/n] said to the students.

He then started to walk over to the door of the room. He turned to face the teacher.

[Y/n] smiled a bit "That was all, thank you for your time-"

"Yeah yeah yeah, just get out already. Took you long enough too" The teacher said, cutting him off once again.

[Y/n] face then quickly showed anger as he frowned and his lips slightly separated, showing his teeths clenching together.

"This guy is getting on my nerves..." [Y/n] thought, irritation visible on his face.

Then, he looked at the teacher's scroll, and soon enough a smirk spread on his face. [Y/n] did a small spell circle with his hand hidden behind his back.

Luz noticed this, and she also noticed how the teacher's scroll got a faint glow for a split second. Apparently, no one else did.

"I'll just take my leave then" [Y/n] said.

[Y/n] then lifted his hand up to his hair and fixed it up a bit before smiling and walking out of the room.

"Have a good day, sir" He said before he was no one longer in sight.

The door of the classroom shut itself as everything went back to normal. Luz lifted an eyebrow and looked at the teacher.

The man kept on looking through his scroll, but then a confused expression started to form on his face.

He started to move his hand around the scroll for a little while, then followed by literally passing it from hand to hand like a hot pottato.

"Why is it so hot?!" He said in confusion and anger.

Luz silently giggled a bit, while the other students kept on a serious and stoic stand. The teacher was now chucking the scroll from hand to hand while also letting out little whimpers and yells.

(Timeskip)

Later on, Luz is now cleaning the bars of the windows with a white piece of cloth, and she looked sad.

A teacher passed by with a lot of little witches trailing after her. She looked down at them all and smiled. Luz looked on.

"All right, kids. Who wants to go on a field trip to the astral planes?" She asked.

The little students all got excited and happy about the trip, and many of them started to jump, move or say 'Yay!' and 'I do!'.

After that, the teacher walked away wuth all of the kids behind her as Luz looked at them with a sad face.

"I do" Luz said as she put her face in-between two bars.

"Luz!" She heard.

Luz looked in front of her instead of to the side, and she saw Gus and Willow. Luz smiled as she placed her hands together.

"Oh, my gosh! I missed you so much" Luz exclaimed, now squishing her own face in-between of the bars "Let me squeeze your faces"

At that, Luz reached out her hand and grabbed Willow cheeks and started to play with them. As she did, Willow just looked at her with half-lidded, bored eyes.

"What's going on? We didn't see you in any classes" Gus asked her.

Luz stoped annoying Willow and looked at the both of them with furrowed eyebrows.

"Principal Bump put me in the detention track for mixing magic" Luz simply explained.

Willow then lifted her fists, slightly frowning "The detention track? You can't do anything in there"

Gus gave Luz a worried look "You'll learn less than you did before"

"NOoo, I'm better than this" Luz said as she furrowed her eyebrows together "Please, you gotta help me break out"

Willow and Gus looked at her with a determinated face.

"Yeah, don't worry. We'll get you out, dead or alive!" Gus declared.

As he said that, Willow looked down at him with narrowed eyes as she lightly shook her head from side to side. He looked at her, getting the hint.

Gus then smiled "Okay. Alive"

"Aw, you guys" Luz said with a sweet tone.

Just then, Luz heard the sound of a chair being dragged for a bit, thing that alerted her.

"It's the teacher, gotta go!" Luz exclaimed quietly as she looked at her friends.

Luz then quickly turned around, getting surprised and gasping as she came face to face with Viney, who was smiling now.

"It's you!" Luz said.

Viney placed her finger over her mouth "Shh"

After hushing her, Viney pointed at the Teacher, who was now sleeping as a little drool rolled down his face. Viney then gestured at Luz for her to follow.

They both quietly walked over to the chalkboard as Viney picked up a chalk from the frame of it. She smiled at Luz as she then turned to the chalkboard.

Viney started to draw a square, and then she drew a key hole in the middle of it. Then, she placed the tip of the chalk over it, twisting it to the side a bit.

A clicking sound was heard as the white lines of the drawing faintly glowed, and then the square opened like a door. Viney climbed into the secret door, and then she held her hand out to help Luz.

Luz looked at the teacher before actually taking her hand and also getting in. After they both were in, the door closed.

Luz loooked around her new surroundings "Whoa. What is this place?"

Viney glared at Luz menacingly as she pointed at her with her finger.

"This is the last room you'll ever see alive" She said with a very creepy and scary tone.

Luz looked scared by this, but after a few seconds Viney smiled.

"AaaAh, just messing with ya" Viney said as she brung her hand down in a carefree way, then gesturing at herself with a smile "I'm Viney, even if you probably already heard"

"I'm terrified!" Luz said with a nervous tone "I mean... I'm Luz!"

"Thanks for standing up for us back there. Not many people would do that" Viney said as she looked to the side.

Then, she started to walk deeper into the little corridor, just towards a door that was at the end of it.

"Follow me! I wanna show you something" Viney said as she gestured at her to follow, again.

Luz did so, and once Viney had her hand on top of the knob of the door, she looked back at Luz. Viney then lifted her hand up to her chest in an 'L' form, having her index finger and thumb finger spread out.

"You're one of us troublemakers now" Viney said, now lifting her hand up to her face as she closed one eye "So you'll get special access to..."

Viney then turned and opened the door, showing Luz a circular room that had several doors everywhere in sight. Floor, walls, everywhere. Also, going upwards around the room was a snail ramp that was attached to the walls.

"The Secret Room of Shortcuts!" Viney announced, adding a bit if a strange pronunciation to the words.

Luz looked on and around "Whoa..."

Viney plced her hand around her mouth as she looked up.

"Hey Jerbo! Barcus! You can stop hiding now!" She yelled.

Up there, a door opened as Jerbo and Barcus came out of it. Jerbo looked down at the two girls with a frowning and unsure face.

"How do we know she's cool, man?" Jerbo asked, slightly nervous "How do we know that she won't turn us in?"

Then, the skinny teen turned to look down at his glasses wearing friend.

"What do you think?" Jerbo asked Barcus in a more quiet voice.

Barcus, unsurprisingly, barked as Jerbo, surprisingly, understood what he said. The later looked at Luz with a neutral expression.

"Barcus says your aura is strong and silly, like a baby's laughter" He said with a very stoic tone, then smiling widely "Welcome!"

Luz then places her hands together and closes her eyes.

"Aah! I love secret rooms!" Luz said excited, then walking up to a nerby door "Where do the doors go?"

As Luz opens the door, and suddenlly she is looking at some random corridor on Hexside. There, Amity is walking from side to side as she talks to no one in particular.

"So, you three go to the same school now, that doesn't change anything" Amity said to herself, then sighing.

Luz just keeps on a neutral face as she closes the door shut, alerting Amity, who looks at the lockers, letting out a confused 'Eh?'.

Luz went back into the secret room and looked at Jerbo and Viney.

"This place connects the different parts of the school. We found it after being thrown in the detention track" Viney explained with a smile, then gesturing to a framed picture on the wall "The witch who made it is known as Lord Calamity!"

The picture had painting over it and several names written above and to it's sides, which Made it dificult to make out who this 'Calamity' person was. But, you could see how they seemed to have been on the potions track, seeing as they wore said yellow colors.

Jerbo signaled at it with his hands as he closed his eyes "They started this trouble maker wall and we added our names in their honor"

"This place is amazing" Luz said with a happy tone, then giving them a cheeky smile and pointing at them "I bet you guys can get into so much trouble in here"

Viney chuckled at Luz antics, and then she gave her a smile.

"Sure we can" Viney said, then pointing up "But we can also do so much more"

Barcus was seen looking through a open door as Luz crouched down besides him. The door leaded to the Oracle classroom, and the teacher that was there seemingly didn't realize that Barcus and Luz were there, even if they were just to her right.

"Remember, seeing the end of a life is the beginning of reading a fortune" The teacher said to her students, then starting to fold a paper "We have to work backwards from it to see the truth"

After that, she finished folding the paper on her desk, showing a origami paper fortune teller, following act being her opening and closing it.

Luz looked at Barcus as he smiled and also made one of these ancient artifacts.

Viney and Jerbo were sitting on the floor at the bottom of the room.

"We aren't allowed to study any kind of magic" Viney said while looking down, then she smiled and looked up "So we study every kind of magic in secret"

Luz jumped down from where she and Barcus were and down to Viney and Jerbo. She looked at them with a smile.

"You actually like school?" Luz said, then sitting down with them

Viney looked to the side with a smile "Yeah we might have liked it too much"

[[

A flashback shows Jerbo standing besides a pot that had a flower on it, Bump also being there with him. Jerbo did a spell circle as the flower that had been down went up again, getting a smile from Bump.

"I tried mixing plant magic with abominations" Jerbo narrated.

Then, Jerbo did another spell circle as, out of the pot, a relatively small abomination mad out of dirt while also having the flower on top of it's head.

The mixed abomination stood up and walked out of the pot and started to seemingly break things, Bump looked at Jerbo with half-lidded eyes as Jerbo looked at him nervous.

"Bump was not thrilled" Jerbo simply said as, in the flashback, some mud hit Bump's face.

The scene changes as now Barcus is sitting on top of a desk on a classroom while he had a cauldron un front of him. Bump and the Potions Teacher were there too.

"Barcus makes potions with oracle magic" Jerbo said.

Barcus then sunk a crystal ball on the brew, confusion spreading around Bump's and the teacher expressions. Then, the later looked into the cauldron, and what she saw was a reflection of her, but then she started to grow older until nothing but bones were left in a very horrorific way.

She got scared and then staggered back, only to bump into a bigger cauldron, making it flip and land over her while also spilling all of it's liquid over her.

Bump looked at Barcus with a dissaproving stare as Barcus looked at him slightly worried.

The scene changes again, and now Viney is on another classroom while she is standing in front of a table. On top of said table laid a Barb student, who seemed to have a small cut on his arm. Bump opened the door and smiled as he saw Viney do a spell circle, making the cut vanish.

"Mixing healing and beast keeping was slightly unconventional" Viney narrated.

However, Bump seemed confused as Viney drew another spell circle. That confusion morphed into shock as a pidgeon-headed griffin-kind of beast broke through the wall. Viney's friend, Puddles, went over to the them and barfed some lollipops.

The barb student had a wide eye with a shrunken pupil while Viney smiled up at Puddles.

"But Puddles was a great assistant, dang it!" Viney said.

In the flashback, Viney then looked at Bump. Her smiled vanished, Bump expression droped and he slightly shook his head from side to side.

]]

Viney looked at Luz with a slight smile.

"We all want to be in more than one coven track" She said, then looking down with sadder eyes "But Bump just says we need to focus"

Luz just looked at them with a neutral face "Sounds like Bump's priorities are out of whack"

(With [Y/n])

Behind the door of the detention track, [Y/n] stood there with a small frown on his face. He took a breath in and then lifted his hand up, drawing a spell circle.

His body became transparent, getting into his beloved phantom state. He walked forward and passed through the door.

"This is the second time I'm trying to break someone out of detention" [Y/n] thought as he sweatdroped "And both times occured within the same month"

[Y/n] drew another spell circle with his hand as his body went back to it's normal, tangible state. He rested his hand on his waist as he looked around the room.

He noticed the sleeping teacher, but payed little mind to it, simply reminding himself to be quiet. Then, he started to inspect the rest of the room with his eyes.

"Well, where is she?" [Y/n] said out loud on a hushed tone.

The nerves he already had from getting caught felt like nothing compared to the uneasy feeling that he gained upon noticing that none of the students were on the room.

He started to frown as he re-searched the room, again seeing no one. [Y/n] then brung his hand up to his face and sighed heavily.

[Y/n] took his hand off his face and instead faced up again with a serious expression on his face.

"Where could they have gone? I don't think they would go out and risk being expelled" [Y/n] thought as he walked and looked around, heading trowards the front of the classroom "Jerbo and Barcus seem to really enjoy being here"

As he walked around, ocasionally glancing at the teacher to make sure he didn't wake up on him, something caught [Y/n] interest as he rised an eyebrow.

On the board, the square drawing with the key hole on it was there. [Y/n] walked over to it and looked at it from up close.

"Was this here before?" [Y/n] said, giving the chalkboard a few hits with his hand, like he was knocking on a door.

[Y/n] then lifted his hand up to his chin and rubbed it while he frowned harder.

"It's supposed to be a door, maybe..." [Y/n] said to himself in a quiet tone "If they are not here, and it would be a bad idea to get out..."

He then glanced down at his hand, before he lifted it and started to draw a spell circle.

"It won't hurt to try I guess" He said as the spell casted, his phantom form on again.

He then nonchalantly passed his hand through the 'door' or the drawing, not really expecting anything with a bored face. But, his eyes widened a bit in slight shock.

Normally, while under the effects of the phantom spell, if a part of his body passed through something solid, he would feel a slight preassure around said body part. If he didn't feel anything, there was nothing there.

Just like now.

"There is nothing behind this wall?!" [Y/n] exclaimed in his mind.

[Y/n] pulled back his hand and looked at the little door with a confused face, but then he straightened his figure and put on a neutral expression.

He didn't hesitate to walk forward and pass through the wall. He was quickly met with a slightly dark and small corridor, but as he looked forward he saw light coming from a more iluminated room, and obviously a open door that led to said room.

He lifted his hand up and drew a spell circle again, his phantom spell being uncasted. After that, he took a few steps forward towards the door.

[Y/n] was slightly taken aback as he noticed all of the troublemakers (Plus a mini plant-abomination) sitting there on a circle on the floor.

He kept silent as he quietly walked forward, now hearing their conversation.

"Sounds like Bump's priorities are out of whack" Luz replied to it.

At that, [Y/n] kinda messed up and made a stepping sound with his feet against the floor. Not loud, but loud enough for Luz, Viney, Jerbo and Barcus to hear.

Viney sharply turned her head to look into his direction, and so did everyone else. Viney seemed to be slightly nervous as she frowned.

Viney did a spell circle and pointed it at [Y/n], even thought she didn't know where he was exactly.

"Who... W-who's there?!" She exclaimed.

After that, [Y/n] simply walking in while smiling nervously. He stood by the door frame and chuckled a bit.

"Please, don't attack!" [Y/n] said as he held up his hand "I come unarmed"

"You again?" Viney said confused as her spell circle disapeared.

"[Y/n]?" Jerbo and Luz said as Barcus barked

[Y/n] gave them a little wave, but then he turned to look at Viney. A smirk started to spread around his face as Viney gave him an untrusty look.

"Since I'm at it, I could get her back for ignoring me earlier..." He thought.

[Y/n] then turned around and looked up at the differnt doors, facing away from them.

"How did you get in here?" Viney asked with a demanding tone.

[Y/n] didn't look at her as he kept inspecting the doors. Then he walked up to the wall and opened one, seeing as it opened on a random corridor of Hexside.

"I have my ways" [Y/n] replied to Viney's question as he closed the door.

Viney seemed just as tense as the moment he walked in.

"Well, look. You're not welcome here, so I'm going to have to ask you to go away" Viney said as she stood up and walked up to him.

[Y/n] turned his head to the side and look at her with a fake cold gaze.

"I don't know if you realize what kind of position you're in" [Y/n] said as worry started to form into everyone's faces "So let me remind you"

[Y/n] then moved his whole body to face into her direction and took a step forward, making her back down. Luz slightly furrowed her eyebrows.

"[Y-Y/n], what are you...?" Lus asked.

"This room conects to different parts of the school and you're in the detention track" [Y/n] explained with seriousness.

Realization hit Viney and the rest as they started to comprend what [Y/n] meant by this.

[Y/n] closed his eyes as he lifted his finger up "If Bump were to find out about this place, you would be..."

"Expelled..." Viney continued with wide eyes.

"Quite" [Y/n] said with a smirk on his face as he opened his eyes "You could say you're on the 'Hook' right now"

Viney lifted her hand and touched her hook-earing and then looked at him with a blank face for a moment before looking down again.

"That was terrible" Viney simply stated.

[Y/n] frowned slightly "Even in this situation, she's complaining about that?"

Viney, Jerbo, Luz and Barcus seemed to grow and keep growing nervous as [Y/n] tried to keep a cool mask on, just snickering on the inside. Barcus barked a bit as Jerbo nervously chuckled.

Luz nervously smiled "You aren't p-possibly being serious now"

"Yeah, y-you're not actually thinking about doing this, right?" Jerbo asked.

"Oh no..." Viney said with a hushed tone.

And that was the last that [Y/n] could take.

He started laughting as a incredibly confused expression overtook everyone else in the room. Viney then frowned as she looked at him angrily.

"You think it's funny?!" She exclaimed as [Y/n] just laughted for a few seconds more

[Y/n] laughter had started to die down by now as he looked at Viney and the others.

"For goodness sake, I'm just playing with you guys" [Y/n] said as he wiped a little tear from his eye "That's what you get for being so rude before"

Silence fell over the place as [Y/n] just kept lightly smiling and chuckling for a few seconds more. He crossed his arms as everyone looked at him. After a bit Barcus, Jerbo and Luz smiled and Luz even chuckled a bit, but Viney was still pretty confused by all of it.

"I knew you were acting strange" Luz stated with her eyes closed.

"You're not snitching on us?" Viney asked confused

"Of course not. If you haven't noticed already, I'm friends with 3 out of 4 people on this room" [Y/n] said as he unfolded his arms.

Viney sighed in relief, then looking down a bit as she smiled and chuckled a bit too "I got really scared, not gonna lie"

"Why would I rat you out anyways?" [Y/n] asked as he switched his glance between all of them.

"What do you mean?" Viney then asked.

[Y/n] smiled as he fixed his cowl a bit "For all I know, you're not bad people. You're just students like any other that just wanted to learn more than one kind of magic"

At this, Jerbo, Barcus and Viney smiled. [Y/n] then started to walk towards the door of the Secret Room of Shortcuts. Luz stood up and looked at him.

"Wait, you're going already?" Luz asked him as she grabbed his hand to stop him from going "Why don't you stay a bit?"

[Y/n] simply looked down at his hand and Luz's hand and then back at Luz. As she noticed what she did, Luz was quick to let of his hand.

"I shouldn't tell her I came to break her out. I'll have to come up with a an excuse" [Y/n] said, trying his best to keep on a neutral face.

After a small awkward silence, [Y/n] grew a smile and spoke up again.

"You see, I don't want to be a bother" [Y/n] stated with a smile.

Viney walked up to them with a smile "No no, it's fine actually"

"Quick turn-around, huh?" [Y/n] asked jokingly as Viney chuckled. An simple idea popped on his head as he looked at Luz again "Even so, I want to go and watch the presentation of the tracks Bump prepared for the inspector. It should have already started by now"

Upon hearing this, Luz looked a bit down while she looked at him, but then she nodded as she regained her smile.

"Sorry" [Y/n] apologized, giving her a smile "But... see you later?"

"Alright then, see you later I guess" Luz said with a smile.

[Y/n] smiled at her for a moment, and he then walked over to one of the doors that were on the floor of the room. He opened it and looked around a bit. He gave a little nod and then turned to look at the detentioners.

"Do you mind if I use this door?" [Y/n] asked.

Luz and the others all sat down again in a circle. Viney simply shruggered her shoulders.

"Go ahead" Viney said with a relaxed attitude.

[Y/n] then looked down, since the door was on the ceiling of a empty classroom. He then looked again at Luz and the other while floated there, his head and shoulders still visible, the rest of his body being cut by the door.

He smiled at them and waved a bit, but then the door closed on it's own, smacking him hard on the head. Luz flinched a bit at it as hers and the detentioners smiles went away.

The door was still slightly open, so she thought that he might still hear her.

"...[Y/n]?" Luz called out.

"I'm okay!" Was heard from the other side of the door.

As she heard that, Luz giggled amused. Then, a [F/C] glow surrounded the door as it closed shut. Viney joined in to Luz's giggle with a chuckle, looking at Luz with a smile after that.

"You really think he won't tell anything to Bump?" Viney asked her.

Luz shook her head 'no' "Nah, [Y/n] is good at keeping secrets. It's alright"

Viney then smiled and placed her hand on the floor to support herself. She then looked at Luz with a smile and a raised eyebrow.

"You know, you've made a great first impression" Viney stated, now pulling out a black marker and offering it to Luz "Would you like to add your name to the troublemaker wall?"

Luz got excited at the offer as she smiled widely. She reached her hand out to grab the marker, but she stoped as another voice was heard.

"Luz?" Willow called out.

Her voice sounded muffled as she was outside of the Room of Shortcuts, and all of the detentioners turned to look into the direction of the door that led to the detention classroom.

"We're here to get you out of that horrible class!" Willow called Luz out, in more than one way.

All of the troublemakers turned to glance at Luz, looking for answers. Luz then dissmissed it with her hand as she squinted her eyes.

"Eh, they're probably looking for some other Luz" She said before chuckling a bit.

Viney stood up and walked over to the little door that conected the Secret Room of Shortcuts and the detention track. She opened the door and looked around a bit.

She saw Willow and Gus standing there while they looked around. Willow slighty crouched down, whistling as she lightly smacked her hands against her legs, as if she was calling a dog.

"Maybe she already booked it" Gus said with a neutral tone "She did say she was better than this place"

As she heard that, Viney mouth opened in suprise. All Jerbo, Luz and Barcus had stood up by now, and Luz looked at Viney with a sad and guilty face.

Viney slowly turned around and looked at Luz with a frown on her face, feeling somewhat betrayed.

"You think you're better than us?"

(Somewhere on the hallways of Hexside)

The [H/C] haired witch was about to finally reach the room where the presentations are being held, and he had a smile on his face.

"I think Amity's presentation hasn't ended yet" [Y/n] said to himself "Hopefully, I'll get there before all of the presentations are over"

[Y/n] kept calmly giving step by step, seemingly just taking it easy. However, the world wasn't allowing that right now.

A monstrous roar echoed on the halls, making [Y/n] halt as his eyes opened in surpise. Then, he frowned as he started to straight up run towards the presentations room.

Within a few seconds, [Y/n] turned the last corner that separted him from the presentations room, since in was thr place the noise had come from. What was a bit of a surpise was the person, or demon, that was at the end of the hallway.

"King?" [Y/n] asked confused.

King walked towards him and they stoped in front of the door. King looked up at [Y/n], waved and smiled. For some reason, King was wearing a really oversized red tie.

"Good day, [Y/n]" King said as he stoped waving.

"G-good day" [Y/n], still confused. He pointed at his tie "Why are you wearing that? What are you doing here?"

"I would love to answer your questions, but i have a class to get back to" King said.

[Y/n] just stared at him as he went up and pushed the door open. It didn't take long for him to snap back and enter the room along with King.

"Excuse me! Could you keep it down? Mr. King's trying to mold young minds here!" King complained.

[Y/n], who had already looked around the room, just looked on with wide eyes.

"What the hell?!" [Y/n] exclaimed.

Before them was a huge fish-snake like beast. A Greater basilisk, to be exact. It had a pale skin, yellow eyes and a very wide mouth, filled to the brim with sharp teeths. The monster was sucking the magic out of Principal Bump like a vaccum.

Several other victims laid on the ground in a weakened state or unconscious. The greater basilisk, or the fake inspector stoped eating the magic out of Bump for a moment.

"Ugh. Only 300 years until retirement" Bump said with a weak tone as he looked down.

The fake inspector then looked into King and [Y/n]'s direction as both of them were visibly frightened.

King started to slowly walk backwards "I can see that I'm interrupting, so I'm just gonna..."

At that, King yelled and speeded out of the room, his tie getting stuck on the door before he pulled on it, getting it free.

On the other hand, [Y/n] stood straight as he looked at the basilisk with a serious expression. In echange, The monster looked at him with a... smile?.

"Aww, what a shame! I was expecting a teacher or someone with a more developed magic" It said with a fake sad tone "I hope that didn't hurt your feelings~"

"Don't worry, I'm used to bringing disappointment into the room" [Y/n] stated casually.

The inspector licked it's lips- and it's whole face- as it looked at [Y/n] "Not a teacher, but you'll do"

As it said that, the inspector droped Principal Bump on the floor and then started to crawl closer to the boy. The elder witch fell and hit the floor with a thump as [Y/n] glared up at the Inspector.

"Hey! Be more careful with the old man! We can't have him break something!!" [Y/n] exclaimed as he lifted his hand to cast a spell "You picked the wrong school, fool!"

He started to draw the spell circle, but Bump eyes widened. He lifted himself up from the floor a bit and looked at [Y/n]

"W-wait!!" Principal Bump exclaimed "Don't do that!!"

[Y/n] quickly stoped, dissmissed the spell and looked at Bump confused "Eh?"

"T-that thing can consume your magic, leaving you in the state we are right now" Bump said as [Y/n] eyes widened a bit. Bump then shook his head "Make sure not to cast any spells!!"

[Y/n] just looked as the figure of the Inspector growing closer and closer while he frowned, now sweating a bit.

"I-I'm afriad? What I am supposed to do if I can't use magic?!" [Y/n] thought as he frowned harder "Why am I stuttering in my mind?!"

The Basilisk kept getting nearer as [Y/n] nervousness started to grow too. He took yet another step back as his breathing hitched.

"Maybe I can buy some time, keep it busy" [Y/n] thought as he tried to calm himself down and stead his breathing.

The Inspector was now towering over [Y/n] with that wide mouth curving into a smirk. [Y/n] took another step back.

"Even if i just passed through Glandus High, I still feel SOOO hungry!!" It stated as it started to loom closer.

"W-why?" [Y/n] asked her.

The inspector was clearly taken aback. She stoped getting nearer, instead just staring down at [Y/n] with a perplexed expression.

"...What?" It asked him.

[Y/n] looked up with a neutral expression "Why did you do it? Is there a reason?"

The inspector scoffed as she frowned too.

"A reason?! Of course!! I'm hungry!" She exclaimed angrily.

"It that it though?" [Y/n] asked as he lifted his hand up to his head "Is that the only reason?"

With a raised eyebrow, the Inspector looked at [Y/n] with a now less agressive expression.

"What do you mean exactly?" She asked

[Y/n] folded his arms "Do you have a place to go back after this? A place to call home?"

The Inspector frowned again "Well I-I-"

"Are you homeless? Do you have a loving family? Any friends?" [Y/n] asked her with a gentle tone.

The Inspector didn't say anything, just looking forward with a neutral expression.

"...When i was little, I always wondered why I didn't have a dad" She finally said.

[Y/n] gave her a nod as he unfolded his arms "Did he abandon you?"

"No no, my mother ate him a few days after I was born" The Inspector explained.

"Ahh, t-that sounds worse" [Y/n] said with a nervous tone "Do you... wish you had the chance to meet him?"

The Inspector then nodded with a sad expression on her face. [Y/n] then looked at her with a serious face.

"Do you think that, perhaps, this whole eating magic is product of growing up without your father?" [Y/n] asked with a gentle tone "That you're subconsciously trying to fill the void that he left in your heart?"

[Y/n] looked up at the beast as he could swear he saw a small smile appear on her face for a second. The Inspector looked down at [Y/n] again.

"I'm feeling better now" She said.

"That actually worked?!" [Y/n] screamed internally.

The boy of [E/C] eyes smiled a bit as he looked at her.

[Y/n] then spoke up "Well, I'm glad I could help-"

"I'm still gonna eat your magic though" The Basilisk cut him off with a smirk.

"Oh shit"

(With Luz, Willow and Gus)

The group of friends were walking over to find Principal Bump. After breaking Luz out of detention and Luz feeling guilty because of how she made the troublemakers feel, now she walked while looking down with sadness all over her face.

Seeing her state, Willow looked at her and smiled.

"Don't worry Luz!" She said cheerful "Once we talk to Bump, we'll get everything sorted out"

That, however, didn't seem to help brighten Luz mood at all.

"I know, but what's the point if people get hurt on the way?" Luz asked as she continued to glance down.

Gus rubbed his chin "That is a fair question. Here's another question-"

His pupils shrunk down as he lifted his hand to point at something.

"What the heck is that?" Gus exclaimed.

At the end of the hallway, they could see The Inspector crawling on the walls, barely being able to fit there. They inmeadiatly noticed how she was chasing off two persons, one being The Oracle teacher and the other being [Y/n]. They both ran like their lifes depended on it.

"[Y/n]?!" Luz exclaimed as she, Willow and Gus frowned in worry.

The Inspector stoped and hissed down at the Oracle teacher, as she turned around and drew a spell circle in her direction. [Y/n] also stoped running at this point, looking at the teacher.

"Well, she's dead" [Y/n] thought as he frowned.

The teacher completed the spell circle and shot a green magic blast against the monster. In return, The Inspector feasted on it and simply ate it, like it was nothing.

[Y/n] stared as The Oracle teacher fell on the ground, out of magic and twitching slightly. When this happened Willow, Gus and Luz also flinched and screamed as The Teacher hit the floor. Luz and Willow also hugged eachother.

[Y/n] then frowned harder "Dang it- Ugh!"

He grunted as The Inspector clawed at him. She did so while he was distracted, and she managed to make a cut just bellow his right eye.

[Y/n] hissed in pain a bit as he felt the sting. He then glared up at The Inspector, pointing at her too.

"WHEN I SAY NO I MEAN NO!-" [Y/n] yelled.

But he was cut off as The Inspector tried to reach out to him. He was able to react in time and she barely missed. [Y/n] quickly understood that he should just run, and so he did.

[Y/n] booked it down the hall as quick as he  possibly could, now finally seeing his friends also there.

"Guys!!" [Y/n] exclaimed.

He then reached to them, looking back as he saw The Inspector coming for them. He glanced at them all with a hurried, inpacient and worried face.

"We gotta go!! Now!" [Y/n] stated with a frown.

At that, he heard the sliding noise of Tye Inspector getting closer. He abruptly turned around and glared at the Basilisk.

"More cute morsels!" The Inspector said as she slid even closer.

Willow and Luz separted from the hug and Willow walked forward as she frowned up at her. Everyone just looked up at The Inspector too.

"We may be cute" Willow righfully agreed, but then she slammed her hand on the ground with a spell circle "But we're nobody's morsels!"

"No! No magicking, running!!" [Y/n] said with a serious tone.

The spell that Willow had casted made a giant super plant, the same one that Luz saw earlier, sprout out from the ground. Gus then walked around and went over to Willow's super plant.

"Time for a power-up!" He said as he jumped in front of the plant with a spell circle of his own floating on top of his finger.

"NO!" [Y/n] said, now almost angry.

As he touched the ground again, his spell took effect, engulfing the plant on a puff of smoke. After it subsided and disipated, Willow's plant now had a pair incredibly buff arms.

"Stop ignoring me" [Y/n] sounding simply frustrated.

The strangely awasome plant then threw itself at against The Inspector with it's right fist reeled back, prepared to punch with full force. Obviously, that didn't work.

The Inspector's tail wrapped itself around the plant tightly, capturing it and leaving it hopeless. Then, The Inspector ate the whole thing, slurping the roots of the plant like if it were a noodle.

Now without their magic and weakened, Willow and Gus fell on the floor. Luz looked at them with furrowed eyebrows as [Y/n] tried to keep a calm state.

As calm as he could in this situation anyways. Willow and Gus seemed to have been 'drained', as even their colors looked less bright and mire dim.

"I feel so..." Willow said as she drew a spell circle, but it looked thin and wavy "...Weak"

Then, Willow let out a sad noise that resembled a short and sad sigh. Luz then walks up in front of her fallen comrades and pulls out her notebook.

"Eat this!" Luz yells as she throws the notebook at The Inspector.

The monster didn't think things through and actually ate the paper, finding a little suprise in it. A light glyph activated, and as the papers consumed a bunch of blue bolts shot out of her mouth.

Then she spat out the teared down bits of paper as she trashed around in pain. Luz took hold of Willow and then looked at [Y/n] with a serious expression.

"We gotta get them to somewhere safe!" She exclaimed.

[Y/n] wasted no time and grabbed Gus, but he seemed to be slightly angry.

"Oh, so NOW we escape" [Y/n] said as he slightly furrowed his eyebrows at Luz.

Luz rolled her eyes at him as they both started to run away, taking adventage on the fact that The Inspector was still 'stunned' due to Luz improvised strategy.

"It burns! It burns!" She exclaimed.

(Small Timeskip)

Viney, Jerbo and Barcus were still sitting on a circle in the middle of the Secret Room of Shortcuts. But, their peace was soon disturbed as a door was opened.

They looked in the direction that the door had opened, and frowned as they noticed who was behind it. Lus had somehow managed to open the door from outside of the room, and now she and [Y/n] were standing there while carring a magicless Willow and Gus.

"Guys! I need your help!" Luz said with worry.

"Oh. You're back" Viney said with a calm yet irritated tone as she frowned.

[Y/n] looked on confused "Woah, what happened? I thought you guys were friends"

"I'm sorry for hurting your feelings, but please listen!" Luz said as she struggled to hold Willow "Argh!"

Then finally her strenght and legs started to give in, and as she fell on her knees she accidentally droped Willow. [Y/n] cautiously layed Gus on the ground, as he was also starting to grow tired of holding him.

"Willow!" Luz called out worried.

As the troublemakers noticed Willow and Gus's current state, they stoped frowning, as if they forgot about the thing that happened with Luz before.

"What happened to them?" Viney asked her.

"Something horrible is loose in the school" Luz said with furrowed eyebrows.

[Y/n] nodded at this "The monster sucked them, and many more, out of their magic"

After that, Luz opened a green door, door which she needed to stand on the little ramp  to reach. As she opened the door, they could all see The Inspector as she was attacking several students.

Viney, Jerbo and Barcus quickly ran up the ramp and reached Luz. As they did, [Y/n] also simply jumped up and landed with them, behind Luz.

Viney quickly closed the door that Luz had opened.

"Don't let it see us!" Viney said, now turning to look at her with a serious face "I think that's a Greater basilisk. I heard about them in a class. My cousin at St. Epiderm said she saw one, but those things should be extinct"

"That doesn't seem very 'extinct' to me" [Y/n] said with a slightly nervous smile.

Luz looked at Viney with concern.

"It must've attacked the other schools" Luz said calmly, now turning to Jerbo "And now it's come for us. We have to do something"

As she said the last phrase, she smacked her balled up right fist into the palm of her left hand as she frowned, determinated.

Jerbo looked at Luz as he rised his hand up.

"But if Bump catches us mixing magic again..." He said.

Viney looked down as she continued what Jerbo said "...He'd kick us out of the school"

[Y/n] looked at them as he started to frown, letting out a sigh after it. He folded his arms together as he kept his glance on them.

"If you're gonna just hide here, I don't blame you" [Y/n] said with a calm tone "But we're not gonna stand here and do nothing, and we could really use your help"

[Y/n] then jumped down and slowly fell down, his feet softly hitting the ground as he now stood besides Willow and Gus. Luz then also frowned as she also jumped down from the ramp and onto the floor. She gestured at Willow and Gus.

"Hexoleos are out there getting hurt, and we're the only ones who can save them" Luz said as she looked up at all Jerbo, Barcus and Viney "We're troublemakers, right?"

Luz pointed at the door where she, [Y/n], Gus and Willow had came from while she held a determinated expression on her face.

"So let's go out there and make some trouble!" Luz encouraged, finishing the speech.

After hearing all of this, the detentioners all echanged a few looks as they all furrowed their eyebrows. It seems that they had been convinced.

[Back with The Inspector)

The monsterous crature kept on lurking the halls of the school, eager to find new and fresh victims to feed. A green haired witch fell on the her side, and a couple of seconds later The Inspector passed besides her

"Hungry! Still hungry!" She said to herself.

At that moment, she heard the sounds of footsteps. The sound came from behind a corner that was a few meters in front of her. She rised an eyebrow as she stoped sliding, curious about what the sound could be.

The Inspector smirked as she saw [Y/n] walk towards her from behind the corner. [Y/n] looked at her with a serious expression as he has both if his hands behind his back.

He stoped, now being a few meters away from her. The Inspector started to chuckle as she stared down at him.

"Oh~ look who decided to show up!" She cooed evily

[Y/n] expression didn't change at all, and he just stood there as she got closer.

"You want my magic?" He said with a neutral voice, now placing his arms on his sides rather than his back "Then go ahead! Go for it"

"You know, I was gonna take your magic last as a thanks for that little talk" She said as she prepared to pounce at him "But if you insist, I have no problem on doing it now!!"

The Inspector then lunged at [Y/n], hitting the walls and several lockers as she did. She was screeching loudly while she opened her mouth, but [Y/n] didn't seem that scared.

As The Inspector went to wrap her tail around him, [Y/n] smiled as he knitted his eyebrows. He jumped up high and going over The Inspector, avoiding her tail. The Inspector looked up at him with confusion.

"Huh?" She said.

[Y/n] looked down at The Inspector, flashing a grin as he pointed at her. He seemed to already be falling, but slowly.

"Congrats, you played youself" He told her.

The Inspector angrily frowned at him, but then she heard a sliding sound. Like paper sliding across the floor.

She looked down at the floor, and she saw a piece of paper that had a drawing on it. More specifically, the drawing of an ice glyph.

A huge tower of ice bursted out from the little paper square that was on the floor, forcefully pushing The Inspector up just like Luz had done with the Slitherbeast a while ago.

The Inspector let out a surprised yelp as she was launched back and slammed against the wall. She quickly recoiled and moved around a bit like a snake. She looked around a bit, trying to find [Y/n],  but couldn't and ended up glaring at the ice rock that hit her with annoyance.

From the right hallway, a figure on a black cloak jumped and stood in front of the ice.

"From humblest of beginnings, a hero will rise" This person narrated, then taking a few steps forward and moving her hands around in a dramatic way "I've trained with the Secret Society to discover the power of mixing magic"

Then, she placed her hand on her hood, ready to pull it down.

She spoke up "I am-"

"Dinner!" The Inspector exclaimed, abruptly interrupting her.

At that, she also threw herself to attack the hooded person. On the other hand, said person quickly took off her cloak, yelled and was fast to get out of the way, revealing herself as, obviously, Luz.

The Inspector hit the ice rock and broke it some, then trashing around again before following after Luz, who was running on the left hallway, the opposite to the one she came from.

"Viney, do the thing, do the thing!" Luz quickly exclaimed as she started to panick.

From around the corner, Puddles came flying at high speeds and full on tackled the Inspector onto the ground. Viney, who was close by, did a spell circle and smiled at Puddles.

"Attagirl, Puddles!" Viney said "Jerbo, now!"

From inside of the Secret Room of Shortcuts, Jerbo was smiling as he looked up at the door that was at the ceiling of said room. As his abomination opened a door on the floor, Jerbo did a spell circle and pointed his palm upwards.

"On it!" Jerbo exclaimed back.

Out of the spell circle several spikey vines interwined together and formed a strong and thick plant-rope that tied itself on one of the doors that were on the ceiling.

Outside, The Inspector attacked Puddles with her claws and then threw her away. But, as she did so, she failed to notice that she was just above a door of the Secret Room of Shortcuts. A glowy, white oulined rectangle appeared beneath The Inspector, and then the door opened.

The Inspector quickly tried to claw at the slippery floor to not fall, and that's when she looked up.

[Y/n] was floating above her with a spell circle pointed at her. He smirked as The Inspector frowned.

"Hi again" He said, now pressing the spell circle.

The magic gust of wind shot out of the circle and right at her, pushing her down with it's force.

"Bye~" [Y/n] said as he did a little wave.

Once she fell, she got stuck on the door that was bieng held open by the abomination inside of the Secret Room of Shortcuts. Luz jumped down the first door, and she landed on the belly of the Inspector, kicking her down once again.

On the presentations room, Bump was able to lift himself from the ground slightly.

"Must...find...help..." He said with a weak tone.

Just then, The Inspector fell onthe floor of the room with a loud thump as she grunted, Luz landing and bouncing off her stomach soon after. She then landed on the floor with no problem, while also casually doing a flip and a super hero landing to top it.

Luz then stood up and looked to the side of the stage with a smile.

"It's all yours, Barcus!" Luz said.

Barcus then came out from behind of the curtains of the stage and barked in agreement. He poured a purple potion on the Inspector's hand, threw the glass bottle away and then took hold The Inspector's hand on his paws.

"Where am I?!" The Inspector asked as she started to feel less dizzy.

However, Barcus eyes now had two magic purple flames coming out of them while his whole body was also surrounded by a purple glow. He started to bark repeatedly as The Inspector started to panick, not knowing what was happening.

"What's he doing? What'd he say?" She asked quickly.

Jerbo, Viney and Luz were standing together there, all of them holding smiles on their faces. Viney was resting her elbow on Luz's shoudler.

Luz smiled as she furrowed her eyebrows together.

"He's reading your palm, and your future looks bleak" Luz simply stated.

Then, all of them just looked to the side, where and abomination was holding a rope and Puddles was there too. Puddles then cut the rope with her beak.

The rope was the only thing holding a bunch of heavy bags on the air, and once it was cut, all of them fell like raining bricks on top of The Inspector's abdomen.

She let out a final screech as her body went limp. Out of her mouth escaped all of the stolen magic that she had gotten, and it looked like a lot of blue energy balls.

Each magic traveled right to their rightfull owner, such as Willow, Gus, Amity, Bump, etc...

As this happened, [Y/n] was seen slowly falling down towards the ground. Luz smiled up at him as he returned the gesture.

"Don't mind me, just 'droping' in" [Y/n] said with a wink.

Luz chuckled a bit. As [Y/n] finally and gracefully landed on the stage, Luz crossed her arms as she looked at him.

"That was lame, but I kinda liked it" Luz said with a smile.

[Y/n] closed his eyes and gestured at himself with his hand "Then that means I must be improving"

Luz and [Y/n] then turned to look at the troublemakers as they stood there. Luz quickly ran up and hugged Viney, earning a 'Oh' from her. Instead, [Y/n] simply walked over to them with a calm smile.

"You did it! You were amazing!" Luz exclaimed with excitement.

[Y/n] nodded at this "I liked the way the plan unfurled so perfectly"

"You are in so much trouble!" They all heard from behind them.

Luz, [Y/n], Viney, Jerbo and Barcus looked on and saw Bump, now having his magic again, with a angry and stern expression on his face.

"Leaving your homeroom, mixing magic and" Bump listed off, almost shouting. He pointed up at the door that was on the ceiling "Is that a secret hideout?!"

Up there, Willow and Gus whimpered slightly as they quickly moved out of the way. Now Jerbo, Barcus and Viney were looking down, [Y/n] having his arms crossed with a little frown as Luz just looked at Bump with a serious expression.

"Yeah it is, but let's think about this, Principal Bump" Luz said as she walked forward, gesturing at Jerbo, Viney and Barcus "Why would kids in the detention track need a secret hideout?"

Luz pointed at Principal Bump, but he was just looking up and at the secret door with a frown.

"I don't care to know the ins and outs of rascality" Bump no looked at Luz again as he pulled out the rules book. He opened and started reading it "But if the Emperor's Coven can send an actual inspector this time-"

"Sir, with all due respect" [Y/n] cutted in as he sauntered over and stood besides Luz with his arms crossed "They practically saved everyone on this school and also helped the victims of that..."

[Y/n] glanced at The Inspector on the ground with a troubled expression.

"...Thing. Not only here, but it also returned the magic to other victims of other schools and so" [Y/n] explained with a slight smile "If it weren't for them, who knows what would have happened"

"You too?!" Bump exclaimed surpised as he looked at [Y/n].

"Okay, you need coven money, but if you have to hurt your students to get it, what's the point?" Luz further added. She gestured at the Detentioners "They saved Hexside" Her hands pointed at Bump once again "They should be allowed to study what they wish"

Principal Bump hugged the book of rules "B-but..."

From inside of the secret room, Gus and Willow were looking down at this with annoyed faces.

"Do the right thing, you dingus" Gus said.

Principal Bump then offered a smile as he looked at Viney, Jerbo and Barcus with a raised eyebrow.

"Alright, I'm smart enough to know when I've made a mistake" Bump said, then turning to face them as he lifted his hand up "Which tracks would you like to be in?"

The three of them instantly perked up with excitement, Viney letting out a little gasp.

"Healing and beast keeping!" Viney said.

"Plants and abomination!" Jerbo also said.

Barcus simply barked, but that was more than enough. Bump smiled as he lifted his hand to draw a spell circle.

"Then so be it" He said.

The spell took effect, and each of their unifroms changed up to the colors of the tracks that everyone had chosen. They all looked at their mixed uniform with wonder and glee.

"But if any of you cause more property damage, I'm feeding you to the choosy hat" Bump warned.

"Aren't you gonna fix their torn clothes?"[Y/n] asked with curiosity.

Bump simply shruggered his shoulders, as if saying that he doesn't really care that much. Then he turned and looked down at Luz.

"And you?" He asked her with a smile.

"Oh, I still can't choose" Luz said while looking down "Maybe it's crazy but I wish I can study a little bit of everything"

Luz looked up as she said that, but then suddenly something happened. A green circle went up from her feet and up to her head as all of her clothes started to glow.

"Whoa!" Luz said.

Then, her uniform started to change, the colors of her shirt and leggins shifting from the dull gray to several colors on the same outfit. Her right arm was half light green and half dark green, her left arm was half dark purple and half light purple, her left leg was half blue and half light blue, and finally her right leg was half red and half magenta.

"What's going on? What is this?! Whoa-ho! This is so cool!!" Luz said as her clothes changed. Then, she fist pumped the air "Yeah, yeah, I'm gonna study everything!"

[Y/n] chuckled a bit at this while Bump looked at Luz with a slight smile.

"You know, only one other student wanted to study every track" Bump said as he did a spell circle. Out of a mini portal, the picture of Lord Calamity was floating there "Unfortunately, she was never given the opportunity"

Bump then uses magic to clean all of the painting that was over the picture, showing that it was Eda on her youth.

Luz gasped in realization, then letting out a little laugh and looked up.

"I shoulda guessed..." Luz simply said with a smile.

As Luz just looked up to nowhere in particular, [Y/n] was now standing besides her as he looked at the picture with a raised eyebrow. He turned to look at Luz as he pointed at the photo with his thumb.

"Who's that?" He asked.

Luz turned to face him as she kept on her usual smile.

"Oh, that's Eda when she was a student" She told him.

[Y/n] eyes widened "WAIT WHAT-"

(A while later...)

After the whole thing with the fake inspector and all that, classes for today had ended already, and [Y/n] was walking out of the school, there wasn't many students around, seeing as most have already gone home.

And [Y/n] was about to do so too, but then he heard a voice that made him stop on his tracks.

"[Y/n]!!" Luz exclaimed from behind him.

[Y/n] turned around and looked at Luz with a raised eyebrow.

"Luz? I thought you would have gotten going already" [Y/n] asked.

Luz then catched up to him as she smiled.

"Well, I'm about to go to The Owl House now" Luz said.

[Y/n] then hummed, and that's when Luz noticed something. He had a band-aid beneath of his eye.

"You got a band-aid for that cut?" Luz asked him.

[Y/n] frowned, now seeming annoyed "Yeeeah, It's kind of my fault, really"

Luz then let out a confused hum as [Y/n] touched the band with his hand, or more exactly his finger.

"I went up to Viney all like 'I need healing', but she gave me this band-aid and said it was vengance for that little prank I pulled on you guys before" [Y/n] explained, slightly irritated "And damn me, I was too shy to ask help form a healing witch that I don't know"

Luz giggled at that as [Y/n] blushed slightly un embarassment. Then he crossed his arms and closed his eyes.

"It's fine anyways, I'll just take a potion when I get home and-"

[Y/n] suddenlly cut himself off as he felt something being pressed against his cheek whic confused him. He opened his eyes and looked to the side, and that's then his face heated up like crazy.

Luz had just laid a soft peck on his cheek while he was talking. [Y/n] stood there, not even moving an inch as Luz took her lips off his face.

Luz looked at him with a smile as she blushed too. [Y/n] just stared at her, mouth open, eyes in shock and a blush on his face.

"T-that should help until you can get it healed up" She said with a chuckle.

"I... I-" [Y/n] tried to say, but before he knew it, Luz was walking away.

She waved at him a bit as she smiled.

"I'll see you later [Y/n]!!" Luz exclaimed, and then she turned around and walked off.

As Luz just left, [Y/n] just looked on with a lost sight, still taken aback and processing what just happened. He now closed his mouth and lifted his hand to touch his cheek.

His blush now had dimmed down. As [Y/n] stood there, a slightly nervous smile started to form on his face.

(Timeskip - [Y/n]'s house)

Hours had passed and now it was already night time, and so [Y/n] had already done his daily routine and was laying down on his bed.

However, as he tried to sleep, he just kept looking up at the ceiling of his room, still thinking about what had happened earlier today.

Not really thinking about the Basilisk invident, but more about that little cliche moment he had with Luz at the exit.

"Dammit..." [Y/n] muttered to himself as he placed both of his hand behind his head.

He just looked up as a slight blush tinted his face once again.

"I can't have a crush on her, right?" [Y/n] thought as he frowned "I've met her not that long ago. I don't even know that much about her! Like music taste, favorite food! Nothing"

[Y/n] then closed his eyes again with a frown, turning to sleep on his side.

"Alright [Y/n], just take your mind off it, and focus on sleeping" [Y/n] said to himself in a hushed tone.

A few minutes passed as [Y/n] tried his hardest to fall alseep. He groaned as he fliped, laying on his back again as he stared up at the ceiling once again, now with a frowning face.

[Y/n] sighed as he sat up on his bed and did a spell circle. His scroll appeared on his hand as he looked at it, the light it gave off was the only light that was on the room right now besides the dim moonlight that entered through his window.

"Good ol' trusty it is" [Y/n] thought as he pressed a few buttons on his scroll "I hope she is awake"

A few seconds later, he lifted his scroll and placed it just right next to his ear, a slight ringing sound was heard.

"Hello? [Y/n]?" A femenine voice was heard on the other side.

"Hi Amity" [Y/n] said with a tired tone.

"What are you doing awake at this hours? I thought you said that you wanted to fix your sleep schedule" Amity asked curious "Did you wanted a snack before going to sleep or what?"

"Now that you say it, I am craving lemonade right now" [Y/n] replied as he smiled and looked up. Then, he changed to a more serious expression "But that's besides the point"

Amity now sounded more interested "Then what it is?"

[Y/n] then looked down at his bed as he frowned slighty.

"There's something I need to get out of my chest" [Y/n] stated slightly nervous "I just need to tell someone, and I thought you would be the best option. Do you have a few minutes?"

"Well, I was about to go to sleep, but if you really need to then tell me" Amity said with a neutral tone.

[Y/n] frowned a bit "Just know, this is serious. If I tell you, I really need you to keep the secret, alright?"

He heard a agreement hum from Amity "Don't worry, I promise not to tell anybody. I actually mean it this time"

[Y/n] then nodded even though Amity obviously couldn't see him. Then, he laid down on his bed again.

"Well, y-you see..." [Y/n] said with a little stutter "Today, after the school day had ended already, I was walking out of the school"

Amity hummed again to show that she was listening. [Y/n] then looked at where the band-aid was placed.

"The monster was actually able to make a cut on my face, so I tried to get it healed up. But, for... reasons... I couldn't and someone gave me a band-aid" [Y/n] narrated with a frowning face

Amity laughted a bit at this, as [Y/n] gave her a annoyed grumble.

"Ahem!" Amity said, cutting her laughter off "Please continue"

[Y/n] then frowned for a few seconds more before he kept going with the story.

"Right. So, when I was about to walk out and go home, Luz came up to me" [Y/n] said as Amity hummed once again "We talked for a little while and t-then..."

[Y/n] face then grew slightly red at the memory. Amity could be heard sipping from something on the other side, most likely water or something alike.

"... She just went up and k-kissed me on the cheek" [Y/n] finally said as his blush became redder.

Suddenly, [Y/n] could hear several coughs and choking noises as his eyes widened.

"Hold on, did you just choke on your drink?!" He exclamied with a worried expression "Are you fine?"

"S-She did WHAT?!" Amity also exclaimed.

[Y/n] then sat up on his bed again "I know, right? I was just as s-surpised"

After that, they stayed un slience for a while, after Amity broke it.

"So... uh, what happened next?" She asked with a slightly nervous tone.

[Y/n] closed his eyes at that "She just walked off, like nothing had happened"

[Y/n] then sighed as he reached his hand to a table that was besides his bed. He grabbed a  little ball and threw it up on the air, and catched once it fell down again.

"A-and I think I might have a crush on her" [Y/n] stated with a more calm tone this time "It's just that I think I sort of admire her in a way. So carefree, positive and nice about things, she's also pretty brave"

Amity said nothing about all of that, just giving him a hum again. As the little ball fell on his hand again, [Y/n] didn't threw it again, instead he just gained an slightly nervous expression.

"Do you... think that, if I do have a crush on her, she will like me back?" [Y/n] asked her.

"O-oh, well, I'm don't know. I don't know her that well" Amity responded "But you're... you know"

[Y/n] now had a slightly confused face "Huh?"

"I mean, you're nice, polite most of the time and friendly even if you can be a bit of an idiot at times" Amity replied as a smile started to form on [Y/n]'s face "What I mean is that you can't know if she likes you THAT way unless you ask, but you're a g-great person!"

[Y/n] smiled as he placed the little ball back on the table.

"Thanks, a confidence boost was just what I was needing right now" [Y/n] said while he smiled.

"You're welcome" Amity replied.

Amity also gave a litte laugh. Now, [Y/n] had a big smile on his face.

"You know, I'm glad we're friends" [Y/n] stated with a more happy tone "I don't know who would I trust this type of things on if I didn't have you"

[Y/n] waited for a response, and as he got none, his smile started to falter slightly.

He shaked the scroll a bit "Amity? Are you still there?"

"Yes! Yes, I just... spaced out for a moment there" Amity replied with a small chuckle.

[Y/n] then nodded "Oh, alright then"

"I'm sorry [Y/n], but it's kinda getting late now" Amity said with a neutral tone "I'm tired and I need to rest"

The boy then looked at the hour on his scroll, noticing that Amity was indeed right. He then layed down on his side again, a slight smile still on his face.

"You're right! Well, goodnight Amity" [Y/n] said with a hushed but cheerful tone.

Amity chuckled a bit, again "Alright, goodnight to you too, [Y/n]"

At that, the call ended as [Y/n] was left there alone again. He used a spell to make the scroll disappear, and then he closed his eyes, now feeling a lot more calm and overly better.

[Y/n] smiled, but then he slightly furrowed his eyebrows.

"That was kind of abrupt. The way she ended the call" [Y/n] said on his mind.

As he thought that, another idea crossed his mind, his frown going away.

"Then again, we have school tomorrow, so it does make sense for her wanting to catch some sleep" [Y/n] thought as it dissmissed his doubts and questions "I should get some too"

After that, [Y/n] sighed content and layed down, completely relaxing on his bed. It didn't take long for his tiredness to take over him as he drifted off into a sweet and comfortable sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.6K 998 20
|| bartender au luz (21) works part time as a bartender and a collage major in fine arts. amity (19) is a rich girl, in position to inherit her paren...
99.4K 1.5K 74
The story begins with a boy who's the son of eda the owl lady the most powerful witch of the boiling isles and the holder of the powerful most magic...
50.1K 911 36
You were regarded as a weird child in kindergarten. Weren't all the kids strange though? Despite the number of weird kids in your general class and g...
160K 4.7K 71
book 1 Luz Noceda gets into fights constantly in her home town. so her mother, Camila, sends her to live with a old friend of hers named Eda until he...