You, Me and Ours

By ThatGirlNC

All it takes is one night for your life to change. A man, a woman and a vibe will lead to something more than... More

CHARACTERS
A night to remember
Positive+
The Guys
Life Line
Studio Sessions
Restaurant Surprises
Reality Check-Up
Dinner Chronicles
Album Release
Brooklyn Bridge
Attitude Check
Baby Father
Character Homes Part 1:
Character's Homes Part 2:
Celebrating Papa
Past meets present
Photoshoots✨
Claimed
Anger Issues
Oh Baby❓
LA
Additional Characters✨
Atlanta, GA
LA Nights✨
The Black's Baby Shower
Blast of the Past💥
Thanksgiving🦃
L.A👼🏾
Unc Unc😝
🎄❤️
Refinery Rooftop🏙
NYE🍾✨
Miami, FL🌴
Update🌝
Back At It💫
Hookah Longe💨
Lover's Day❤️‍🔥
Come Back💔
Juicy Crab🦀
A/N😅
Domino Effect⚡️
Book 2🥰

Flutters

2K 94 4
By ThatGirlNC

Checking out my fit in the mirror, I brush over my waves for the last time before applying my cologne and collecting my phone as I head to the kitchen. "Good morning Maria" I say as I place a kiss on her cheek as she hands me my morning smoothie, a protein bar and a bottle of water; "Good morning mi hijo" she says smiling towards me.

"Are you ready to see your bebé" she asks while wiping the countertops as a wide smile spreads across my face; "I'm so excited Maria, I've already built a bond with this baby" I tell her as I finish off my apple. Spending a few more minutes talking to Maria before leaving the house and heading to Amara's house to pick her up for the doctor's appointment

Yeah, this album is dedicated to all the teachers that told me;

I'd never amount to nothin', to all the people that lived above the buildings;

That I was hustlin' in front of that called the police on me;

When I was just tryin' to make some money to feed my daughter;

And all the nigga in the struggle, you know what I'm saying?

I rap as Juicy by Biggie Smalls plays through the car causing me to bop my head to the beat; they don't make them like this no more. Pulling up to Amara's house I watch as she walks out of the house in an all-black outfit paired with fuzzy slippers; damn she's really glowing I think as I bite my lip. Hopping out the car, I walk towards her before pulling her into a hug "Hey baby mother" I say while rubbing her belly before placing a kiss on it; "Hey baby father, you're early" she says as I hold the door open, while helping her to enter the car. Backing up out of her driveway, I listen as she hums along to the song playing, "What you know about Biggie?" I ask jokingly; she rolls her eyes before saying "Boy I grew up in Brooklyn, this was my childhood."

I watch as Amara fills up a form as we sit in the in the reception area of her doctor's office, looking straight ahead I lock eyes with a little girl who lets out a squeal when I smile at her. "Amara Cole" a lady announces causing us to follow her into a room where she sits on a bed, "Climbing up on things is getting harder cause of this chubby ass baby" she complains as she rubs her lower back. "I've been telling you about all that shit you've been eating; you need to stop eating all that junk Amara" I say as she rolls her eyes before huffing at me.

"I haven't even been eating that bad, I just feel hungry all the time" she says while crossing her arms like her lil attitude is supposed to scare me; "Better keep that attitude in check, I'm just tryna help you baby mother" I explain before the doctor walks into the room. "Welcome back Amara, hello I'm assuming that you are the daddy" she says as she extends her hand towards me; "Yes I am, nice to meet you" I reply as we shake hands. "Okay Amara I need to take your weight and blood pressure so please come stand on this scale for me" the doctor announces as I help Amara off the bed.

"Looking at your charts, I'm a bit concerned because you're gaining more weight than expected for the period you are in your pregnancy. At 15 weeks pregnant, you need to slow down and try eat healthier and maybe join a yoga class or participate in low-impact activities. Due to this rapid weight gain, your blood pressure is slightly high so I'll have to give you medication to help with that, take it easy Amara don't overwork yourself. If this continues, you'll have a high-risk pregnancy which comes with so many more complications which we don't want love" the doctor explains kindly. Looking Amara directly, I watch ass she squirms under my gaze knowing I was right earlier, if she thought I was problem before, I'm about to watch her like a hawk.

"Okay so now let's move onto the more exciting part of our appointment" the doctor says as she squeezes a blue gel onto her belly before starting the ultrasound. Looking at the screen, I watch as a little body pop appears moving around causing to let out a low chuckle as tears fill my eyes, "There's your little baby daddy" the doctor says while smiling towards me. I feel my emotions overcome me as a steady heartbeat is heard from the speakers, tears streak down my eyes as I continue to look at the figure on the screen. Amara's hand wipes away my tears before holding squeezing my arm causing me to look down at her before placing a light kiss on her forehead before saying "Thank you" in a low voice.

Collecting the medication prescribed by Dr Beth, I watch as Reign looks at the ultrasound intently; "You good baby father?" I ask causing him to lift up his head. "Yeah, I'm good, it just feels real to me now" he says honestly while stroking the side profile on the ultrasound which prompts my smile. I'm happy that he's forming a bond with our baby cause at some point I thought I would be the only parent this baby had.

"You better believe Imma be up your ass about eating healthy. You're going to join a yoga class for pregnant woman and we're gonna start going to the gym twice a week" he says in a serious tone causing me to groan before turning away from him as we exit the building. "I don't care about your lil attitude ma, you not about to put my baby or yourself at risk" he says while opening the door for me; "Our baby" I say lowly as he closes my door.

Noticing that we're not on our way back to my house, I frown at him "Where we going?" I ask; "We're going to Trader Joe's so we can buy you more groceries" he answers while turning into the shopping centre. Going around the store, Reign picks out different foods that will make up healthy meals as well as healthy snacks; "Boy don't nobody want those bland ass crackers, I just want some cheetos" I complain while stomping my feet. Turning around slowly, I was as Reign's face hardens "Amara I'm not about to do this with you" is all he says as we head towards the till where Reign pays for the bill. Hearing my phone ring, I look through my bag before answering it:

📞Phone conversation

A: Hey mama, you good?

G: Hey baby, I'm good. How are you and my grandbaby?

A: I'm good and your grandbaby is good, I just came from my doctor's appointment

G: Oh, you went with Reign, right?

A: Yeah I did, we just finished buying groceries from Trader Joe's

G: Oh okay, I'm close to your house so I'll just wait for you here

A: Okay cool, I'll see you soon mama

Hanging up the phone I watch as Reign looks my way, "We're meeting up with your mom?" he asks; "Yeah, she's going to the house right now so by the time we get there" I let him know as we drive towards my house. Hopping out the car, I walk towards my mother's car as Reign gets the grocery bags out of the car; "Hello my babies" my mom says as she pulls me into a hug before looking behind me. Opening the door for Reign, I let him walk towards the kitchen while my mom and I went into the living room with my mom.

"So you're the famous Reign, father of my lil grandbaby" she says while side-eyeing Reign who awkwardly scratches the back of his neck. "Uh, yes ma'am, it's nice4 to see you. I'm really sorry about the way I treated your daughter, it was never my intention to disrespect her" he explains not knowing that I had already told her about our talk. "Don't worry baby boy, Amara explained everything to me. How was the doctor's appointment?" my mom asks causing me to sigh out loud knowing damn well that Reign is about to let my mom know about everything.

I sit with my arms crossed and a frown on my face as Reign finishes ratting me out, "Now you know better Amara, I done told your ass about eating all that unhealthy junk. Don't you dare put yourself and this baby at risk" she says while wiggling her finger at me as Reign nods in the background. "Alright damn" I say while rolling my eyes causing my mom to throw a pillow at my head; "Watch your mouth lil girl" my mom tells me. Standing up, I walked to the kitchen to get some food, "I know you not in here sulking" Reign announces while coming into the kitchen.

"Leave me alone Reign" I reply in a monotone. He grabs my hand before stopping me right in front of him as I fold my arms, "Come on ma, don't be so sad, I'm doing this for you. I don't want you to get sick and have to stop your hustle" he explains while pulling me into a hug. "I know but sometimes I just be craving it, it's your baby's fault" I let him know as I sulk up at him; flicking my forehead he says "Girl don't be blaming my baby, crazy how it's suddenly my baby huh."

Finishing off our lunch, we sit around the table just talking as my mom and Reign get to know more about each other. "I'm really happy that you decided to come around, it's nice to meet you" my mom says while hugging Reign as she gets ready to leave; "Bye mama, I'll talk to you later. Love you" I say as I kiss her cheek.

Closing the door, I see Reign chilling on my couch with his feet up; "I know you ain't got your nasty feet up on my couch" I say with a frown on my face. "Girl my feet is clean, don't do me" he says while mocking me as I just roll my eyes at him; "I was talking to Mia and she asked me if we wanted like a gender reveal" I let him know. "I don't mind, it's whatever you want baby mother" he says as he looks in my direction, "I don't want it to be all about me, I want you to be involved cause this is your baby too" I reply.

"Nah ma, don't worry about all that, I want you to enjoy this pregnancy" he says causing me to smile before a weird feeling fills my stomach causing me to place a hand on it while sitting up. "What's wrong Amara?" Reign asks while sitting up and moving closer to where I am; "I don't know, I just got a weird feeling in my stomach" I tell him before a small smile appears on my face.

A shaky breath leaves my lips as tears fill my eyes causing Reign to move my face towards his while wiping away my tears, "The baby is moving, I can feel the baby moving" I say as I rub my belly as a warm feeling spreads throughout my body.

📸I N S T A G R A M P O S T S:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110 0 24
"Life is like a sketchbook. There's a beginning and an end. When you start, your drawings will start simple but become more detailed over time. Some...
1.3K 49 13
Harper Jones: A normal girl who just wants a normal high school life to the point that she moves from Georgia to Virginia to get that experience. Unf...
2.3K 124 21
"If you love me, you won't leave me." Jessie has believed those words from her boyfriend, Josh, since senior year of high school. She loves him and d...
995K 28.9K 81
love /l^v/ an intense feeling of deep affection. It's one of those things that you want to feel but hate the pain it causes. Warning - This book i...