Colors of Fate (EDITED/ON-HOL...

By SinisterInside

(On Hold) follow the journey of a special man named Sakti that can see the colors of Fate, he can see whethe... More

Prologue : Regret (Edited)
Character Sheet
Chapter 2 : Reminiscence (Edited)
Chapter 3 : A friend
Chapter 4 : Premonition
Chapter 5 : Monochrome Road
Chapter 6: A Place to Call Home
Chapter 7: Daunting Reality
Chapter 8 : Make Your Choice
Chapter 9 : Everything's gonna be okay
Chapter 10 : Lost
Chapter 11 : Suspicious
Chapter 11.5 : in the pursuit of love (1)
Promote #1

Chapter 1 : Re-Start (Edited)

119 24 11
By SinisterInside

Story by : SinisterInside

Re-Edited by : Sarakura0218

(2016)-(11 Years in the Past)

[Classroom]

I guess this is it, everything is over........, I'm dead. 

well that was what I thought but suddenly I hear some kind of voice, someone was trying to call out to me.......

"Why are you closing your eyes" the voice called out to me.

Am i finally in heaven? but this can't be an angel since her voice is so crude, don't tell me....

"the devil?" i accidentally said it out loud, and the next thing I knew

There was a loud SMACK sound as something hit my forehead. My eyes shot open as a blurry figure approached me and said

"Who are you calling a devil? Stop sleeping in class and get your notebook out- NOW!"

"Ouchh"

after a brief time, I finally remembered who that voice was, it was the voice of my junior high math teacher, Mrs. Ayu.

But why am I here? Wasn't this my ninth-grade classroom? Was this some sort of messed-up flashback? Like the ones everyone says you get when you're dying?

But why the hell would I be remembering getting slapped on the head with a notebook by my math teacher? Don't I have any better memories?

While i was trying to get my bearings on what was actually going on, I heard yet another voice calling out to me,

"pftt..... Hey bro you okay man?" the voice called out to me while trying to hold back his laugh, I look to my left and was surprised to see that it was my friend David.

"I know you're really tired from work but at least try to concentrate while you're in class" said another voice from the seat right behind me.

It was Bayu my other Junior High friend, he was always the strict and diligent one in the group, he would often remind us of how studying is really important.

"We are already in our last year of junior high, so we need to focus on studying so we could get into a better high school," Bayu continued.

"Here we go again, Mr. Smart Guy preaching to us on how we should be living our lives," David said, as he shoved his middle finger at Bayu's face.

 "Being a smartass won't make you a successful person, you know," David said, as he leaned back and fold his hands behind his head.

"And you think, you would succeed in life with that kind of attitude?" bayu snapped back.

"What did you say? You wanna fight me now?"

Those two guys were my best friends. We would often have quarrels, but that's what made our bonds stronger. We each have a different view of life. Bayu was born from a rather well-off family and has a big expectation resting on his shoulders, which is the main reason he is so strict on himself most of the time. David's parents were very lenient with him, making him adopt an approach to life that's very different to Bayu's.

"Hey... guys, stop it," I said quickly. The last thing we all needed was a fight in the classroom. 

But apparently, I was too late.....

A marker suddenly flew towards me at the speed of light, aiming at my already sore forehead. At that moment I could see the colors of fate. The marker had a rather deep red aura. That meant that it was imbued with a very nasty killer intent, and it was coming straight at me. In that split second, I broke down in sweat, feeling truly frightened.

Is this what (1) Goliath felt when he saw David hurling a stone at his forehead? Am I going to die again?

*Tak*

"Fuck" I said it aloud as I felt a very nasty sting over my forehead.

"Sakti!!".

"How many times do I have to tell you to stop disturbing the other students?! We are still in the middle of class right now! And take out your notebook!" shouted Mrs. Ayu from the other corner of the room.

I could hear brief laughter came from both of my sides. I didn't have to look to know who they were.

I decided to take my notebook out of my school bag. I picked up one of the bags beneath me and rummaged around for my notebook. But to my surprise, all I could find was perfume, hairspray, and other things weird things in the bag.

"What the-" I was also surprised to see a smartphone in the bag since I rarely brought my cellphone to school and this one was a very expensive one back in the days.

it didn't take me long to realize that I took the wrong bag.

"Hey, why are you taking out my phone? We're still in class bro. I know you might be jealous, but you shouldn't steal in broad daylight." said David as he wrestles back his phone from me.

"Ohh my baby," he said while stroking his phone.

"Ohh sorry, i thought this was my bag" i sincerely apologize to him.

apparently, I have forgotten what my bag looked like back in the days.

suddenly Bayu kicked a bag over from his side of the seat, thinking this was my bag I decided to reach it out to it, saying "thanks bro"

but suddenly bayu replied,

"Hmm..... that's my bag" 

"Your bag is over there dude" David pointed out to a bag right beside me.

"You're acting kind of weird today Jay." Bayu said with a rather suspicious gaze.

"Ohh am I now? I thought I was always kind of weird haha" I tried to laugh it out.

"I think you've eaten too much (2)instant noodles man, you know my mom always told me if we eat Rindumie you should only pour in half seasoning, otherwise it would affect your brain cells and make you stupid," said david with a stern face.

"I might need to stop eating instant noodle altogether, now that I've heard your theory, since even eating half of the seasoning can make me as dumb as you" said Bayu with a smirk on his face.

I ignored them and scrummaged through my own bag, looking for my math notebook. but to my surprise I noticed something else inside.

"Why is it here?" it's the diary from before....

Suddenly David yanked the diary off from my hands and started flicking through it.

"Hey!" I tried to take it back.

"now you understand my feeling bro" David laughed as he opened the diary.

"Hmm... there's nothing inside. You are still writing diaries in this time of age?.

come on bro,  nowadays we have smartphones for that!" David showed off his phone yet again.

"See this? it's the newly launched (3)Samsuddin S6 Edge, even the curve on this little baby is sexier than Britney spear's curves...." David started caressing his phone again.

"What did you say?" I asked David as I saw the content of the diary.

"sexier than Britney spears curves" David wink one of his eyes at me and gave me a thumbs up while saying that.

all of them are still there...

all the articles I have compiled together, could they not see it?

"No, I meant, are you sure that the diary is really empty?"

"Well, I don't see anything there. Don't tell me you hid something interesting in it..." I noticed a rather perverted color surrounding him.

I decided to ignore his antiques, as I don't have the time to entertain his perverted thoughts, what's more, important is.....

I remembered everything like it was yesterday. All those mysterious murders, kidnappings, and suicides that happened in this town. Everything seemed to have been solved, but because I could see the colors of everyone in the cases back then, I knew that they had apprehended the wrong person.

I remembered that Bayu said that something weird was happening in this town, right before he died...

Wait.... so if I were to travel back in time. and I am back at  9th grade right now, which means it's still 2016, it also means none of the cases here have happened yet.

 I flipped the page to the very first case titled <A series of kidnapping haunts the small town of (4)Jayakarta, as many children went missing>

That means that this time, time is on my side.

Maybe... maybe now I could make a difference...

Authors Note :

Hey everyone, i'm back with chapter 1 of Colors of Fate, so i will be putting some references for a few things that are said in the chapter to further help all of you visualize what is actually being talked and what actually occurs in chapter 1

(1) a reference from the bible where David killed Goliath with a swing from a rock to Goliath's forehead

(2) a very funny myth that people in my home country of Indonesia would say to children to prevent them from eating too much instant noodles, they would say the MSG in the noodle would hurt your brain cells making you stupid XD

(3) Samsuddin is a slang i use to describe the smartphone SAM*UNG lel

(4) Jayakarta is a small fictional town where Sakti and his friends used to live at

I hope all these reference glossary would help all of you (My Beloved Readers) understands what's going on with the story, if any of you have any further suggestion or question feel free to notify me on the comments section below.

Thank you everyone

Ciaosuu~~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104 9 2
You suffer in a tragic love story, where, your athletic lover suffers an unfortunate accident. Think of it like this, you love to paint in favor of y...
5.3K 2.3K 89
A storm brews so slowly that you hear your blood rush through your veins. How do you keep yourself sane when insanity is your best friend? Kiara is...
6.7K 534 38
By the second date they were moving in together, a disaster they didn't expect awaited them She was a rich naïve sheltered girl, joining college was...
356 113 12
#WINNER♡ OF APRIL WRITING CHALLENGE OF #MYSTERYTHRILLERIN The narrative unfolds in a period when mental institutions were scarce in India. It sheds...