779 Miles Apart

By Scrooge69

I started this at 1am we'll see if it goes somewhere lmao it's a DNF fic that i'm trying to keep kind of real... More

Welcome to Florida
Oh, You're Right
Dreamy Dream
Admit it
Video Call
Best friend til the End
Don't Say No
Change of Heart
Looking Forward
Hitomebore
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6
Day 6pt 2
Day 7
Day 8
Day 9
Day 10
Day 11
Day 12
Day 13
Goodbye
Emotional Hangover
Wilbur Soot
Wings
George
Drunken
Sad & Sober
Your Hands
Roof Top
Close
Take Two
I'll See You Again
Epilogue

Beach Walks

30.8K 1K 2.7K
By Scrooge69

A/N: I'm straight up on a writing spree lol 

After the stream Dream and George had stayed on the call for a bit longer, just talking. Somehow talking to George was so effortless. They had nothing to talk about yet somehow still talked about everything. Off stream it was so different in a way Dream found relaxing. He could just lean back in his chair and talk softly, and George was much more relaxed and more... open? Dream didn't know how to describe it. George just sounded free.

Though it only took just over half an hour before Sapnap came in and joined him. Not that he didn't enjoy talking with Sapnap, but he enjoyed talking with just George. Eventually they'd all logged off and went their separate ways.

It was lunchtime, so Sapnap and Dream decided to go out and get some lunch. 

"We should go to be beach," Sapnap said. "I want to go to the beach."

"Why?" Dream asked.

Sapnap shrugged from the passengers seat. "I don't know, it's just something to do," he yawned. "And it'll keep me awake."

"Are you tired?" Dream asked.

"I was up til around 3am last night," Sapnap replied.  "But that doesn't matter. How far is the beach from here?"

Dream thought for a moment. He didn't go to the beach all that much. "Depends on traffic, but it's not too far," he replied finally. "If you want to go to the beach we can go to the beach."

"Beach it up."

So off to the beach they went. Sapnap blasted songs in the car as Dream drove. They ended up getting some Costa Vida and then going to eat it on the beach. Thankfully Dream had an old blanket in the back of his car that they were able to lay out and sit on. 

They ate at the beach in the soft breeze, talking in between bites. Eventually they finished and made their way to the water where Sapnap ran around in the water like a child who'd never been to the beach before. It didn't take long for Sapnap to realize that he wanted to build a sand castle, too.

Of course he made Dream help him. Together they began grabbing wet sand and began trying to build a sand castle. It was definitely not easy with no sand castle molds, but Sapnap had apparently seem some cool trick online that he was certain would make it look awesome in the end. To Dream, it looked like a bunch of wet sand.

His phone started ringing in his pocket. Dream wiped his sandy hands on his pocket and pulled out his phone. George was calling him.

"I'll be back, Sapnap, I've gotta answer this," Dream said, standing up and starting to walk away.

"Okay, but don't take too long!" Sapnap called after him.

"Hey," Dream said, answering and holding the phone up to his ear. He was walking ankle deep in the water that drew itself back and forth.

"Hey," George said. "Have you been on twitter since our stream?"

"No, why? Is something going on?" Dream asked.

George chuckled slightly. "Nothing's going on," he said. "But the fans are going crazy over the fact that you said I was with you in your dream last night. They think its some sort of sign that I'm going to come visit you soon."

Dream smiled. He'd like that. "I think that'd be fun," he said. "But they're wrong. Unless you have something you need to tell me."

"No, I don't," George said. "Where are you? It sounds like there are birds in the background. And it's windy."

Dream looked out on the ocean. "I'm at the beach," he replied.

"Why are you at the beach?"

"Sapnap wanted to," Dream replied.

George made a humming noise on the other end of the phone. "What are you doing there? Building a sand castle?"

Dream chuckled. "Sapnap is," he replied.

"What are you doing?"

He stopped walking and looked out over the never ending ocean before him. The waves rubbed against his ankles. "Walking," he replied. "I'm standing in the ocean, not up any higher than my ankles, though. I'm actually not a huge beach person. I'm looking out over the ocean that goes on forever... and thinking that somewhere out there, you're on the other end of this phone."

George didn't say anything.

Dream wondered if he'd went too far, but he figured George would let him know. "I wish you were here to walk along the beach with me."

"Like they do in the movies?" George asked, though his tone didn't sound extremely sarcastic.

"Yeah, it could be like that I guess," Dream said. "We're celebrities, well, I kind of am, a large part of our lives are documented anyway, might as well pretend we're in a movie."

"Oh yeah?" George asked. "What's our movie about?"

"What do you want our movie to be about?" Dream asked in return.

George paused. Dream could picture the face George was making. A mixture of a smile and thinking. It was a look he'd seen several times before. "I don't know," he replied. "We haven't even met in person yet."

It was a detail that Dream never forgot, but also always forgot. He felt like he knew George so well, how could they not have met in person? "Well... we need to fix that," Dream said. "Then we can choose what our movie is about."

"I know we do," George said. "I just... I don't know. Soon, hopefully."

"We have room for you in our house," Dream said. "You can finally meet Patches. And me, and Sapnap."

George was quiet for another moment. "I'd like to be with you and Sapnap," he said. "What's it like? I can guess, but I want you to tell me."

"Sapnap and I living together? It's so much fun. It's a good way to keep you fed and hydrated, the other never forgets to check the last time you ate or drank. You always have someone to talk to, but can also go chill out in your own personal space. Sapnap and I both are kind of physical with people we like, so we can lay on the couch together and watch movies or something which is nice."

"It does sound nice," George said.

"Are you physical with your friends?" Dream asked.

"It depends," George replied slowly. "Everyone is different. I don't really hang out with many people but I'm not against the idea I don't think."

Dream turned and looked back over at Sapnap, who was adding more sand to his mound in the distance. He turned back the other direction and kept walking. "Would you be with us?" he asked. He felt like he already knew the answer.

"Yeah," George answered, then added, "to an extent. I can't have you guys on top of me all the time, but I think overall..."

Dream waited until his voice had faded all the way out to talk. "Come visit us, George."

"Dream..."

"I'm serious," Dream said. "Let's look at flights and get you out here for a week or two. I want to see you, George."

George sighed. "I want to see you, too, Dream," he insisted. "Believe me, I want nothing more than to be with you, but..."

"But what? What's holding you back?"

George was quiet for another moment. "I don't know, just give me some more time to think about it," he said. "I really do want to come see you, but I have some things I need to figure out first."

"Okay," Dream said. "I don't want to rush you. I want you to come when you're ready."

"I will come visit you," George promised.

Dream nodded. "Can you tell me what it is that's holding you back?" he asked. "You don't have to, but I just want to help you."

"Not... not right now," George said quietly.

He bit his bottom lip. "Okay," he said. "Just let me know when you're ready."

"I will, I promise," George said.

"Alright," Dream said. "I love you George."

He thought he could hear George chuckle. "I love you Dream," he said back.

Dream smiled. "I'll talk to you soon," he said. They hung up. He looked down at his phone, then back out onto the endless sea. I love you Dream George's voice rang in his head. It was nothing new, George said it to him much more frequently off stream than George would ever admit. And yet for some reason, this one made Dream's heart sing.

He put his phone back in his pocket and turned around, walking back over to where Sapnap was. Sapnap was now done dumping went sand into a mountain and had taken one of the unused plastic knifes from their lunch to carve and flatten the sand castle.

"Who was that?" Sapnap asked.

"George," Dream replied, crouching down beside Sapnap and looking at the soon-to-be-castle.

Sapnap paused his carving to look at Dream and then back to his carving. "What did you guys talk about that was so private?" he asked.

"We mostly talked about him coming out to visit," Dream replied.

"He better be doing it soon," Sapnap said.

Dream smiled to himself. "I sure hope so."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.2K 380 32
Another Wilbur Soot x Reader Story:) if you like it make sure to read my other story's as well! This one is a bit a sadder one, the mood in this one...
19.6K 855 26
Hi! This is my first fanfic, so please don't expect it to be a professional type. [This is an Angst Story! There might be a bit of fluff here and the...
45.7K 888 21
I made the cover! PARTS GET BETTER AS I CONTINUE!! Every part takes me 3-7 days or more (mainly because i wanna write ones with 1000+ words, or i mig...
46.8K 1.7K 25
Hullo! This is my first story to be published and I honestly don't expect it to be read. This is a random AU I thought of and wrote within five days...