๐‚๐Ž๐’๐Œ๐ˆ๐‚ || Will Byers x...

By yurtlehenderson

โ‡ข Will Byers x Gender Neutral*!Reader [Book 1/5] โ‡  You haven't known much excitement since your return t... More

CHANGES ARE COMING
๐€/๐
โ‡ฃโ‰ก ๐‚๐€๐’๐“ โ‹ฎ
๐—ฒ๐—ฝ. ๐Ÿญ โ”
โ”โ” ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐•๐€๐๐ˆ๐’๐‡๐ˆ๐๐† - ๐๐Ÿ โ”โ”
โ”โ” ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐•๐€๐๐ˆ๐’๐‡๐ˆ๐๐† - ๐๐Ÿ‘ โ”โ”
๐—ฒ๐—ฝ. ๐Ÿฎ โ”
โ”โ” ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐–๐„๐ˆ๐‘๐ƒ๐Ž ๐Ž๐ ๐Œ๐€๐๐‹๐„ - ๐๐Ÿ โ”โ”
โ” ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐–๐„๐ˆ๐‘๐ƒ๐Ž ๐Ž๐ ๐Œ๐€๐๐‹๐„ - ๐๐Ÿ โ”
โ” ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐–๐„๐ˆ๐‘๐ƒ๐Ž ๐Ž๐ ๐Œ๐€๐๐‹๐„ - ๐๐Ÿ‘ โ”
โ” ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐–๐„๐ˆ๐‘๐ƒ๐Ž ๐Ž๐ ๐Œ๐€๐๐‹๐„ - ๐๐Ÿ’ โ”
๐—ฒ๐—ฝ. ๐Ÿฏ โ”
โ” ๐‡๐Ž๐‹๐‹๐˜, ๐‰๐Ž๐‹๐‹๐˜ - ๐๐Ÿ โ”
โ” ๐‡๐Ž๐‹๐‹๐˜, ๐‰๐Ž๐‹๐‹๐˜ - ๐๐Ÿ โ”
โ” ๐‡๐Ž๐‹๐‹๐˜, ๐‰๐Ž๐‹๐‹๐˜ - ๐๐Ÿ‘ โ”
โ” ๐‡๐Ž๐‹๐‹๐˜, ๐‰๐Ž๐‹๐‹๐˜ - ๐๐Ÿ’ โ”
๐—ฒ๐—ฝ. ๐Ÿฐ โ”
โ” ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐๐Ž๐ƒ๐˜ - ๐๐Ÿ โ”
โ” ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐๐Ž๐ƒ๐˜ - ๐๐Ÿ โ”
โ” ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐๐Ž๐ƒ๐˜ - ๐๐Ÿ‘ โ”
โ” ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐๐Ž๐ƒ๐˜ - ๐๐Ÿ’ โ”
๐—ฒ๐—ฝ. ๐Ÿฑ โ”
โ” ๐…๐‹๐„๐€๐’ ๐€๐๐ƒ ๐€๐‚๐‘๐Ž๐๐€๐“๐’ - ๐๐Ÿ โ”
โ” ๐…๐‹๐„๐€๐’ ๐€๐๐ƒ ๐€๐‚๐‘๐Ž๐๐€๐“๐’ - ๐๐Ÿ โ”
โ” ๐…๐‹๐„๐€๐’ ๐€๐๐ƒ ๐€๐‚๐‘๐Ž๐๐€๐“๐’ - ๐๐Ÿ‘ โ”
โ” ๐…๐‹๐„๐€๐’ ๐€๐๐ƒ ๐€๐‚๐‘๐Ž๐๐€๐“๐’ - ๐๐Ÿ’ โ”
๐—ฒ๐—ฝ. ๐Ÿฒ โ”
โ” ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐Œ๐Ž๐๐’๐“๐„๐‘ - ๐๐Ÿ โ”
โ” ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐Œ๐Ž๐๐’๐“๐„๐‘ - ๐๐Ÿ โ”
โ” ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐Œ๐Ž๐๐’๐“๐„๐‘ - ๐๐Ÿ‘ โ”
๐—ฒ๐—ฝ. ๐Ÿณ โ”
โ” ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐๐€๐“๐‡๐“๐”๐ - ๐๐Ÿ โ”
โ” ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐๐€๐“๐‡๐“๐”๐ - ๐๐Ÿ โ”
โ” ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐๐€๐“๐‡๐“๐”๐ - ๐๐Ÿ‘ โ”
๐—ฒ๐—ฝ. ๐Ÿด โ”
โ” ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐”๐๐’๐ˆ๐ƒ๐„ ๐ƒ๐Ž๐–๐ - ๐๐Ÿ โ”
โ” ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐”๐๐’๐ˆ๐ƒ๐„ ๐ƒ๐Ž๐–๐ - ๐๐Ÿ โ”
โ” ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐”๐๐’๐ˆ๐ƒ๐„ ๐ƒ๐Ž๐–๐ - ๐๐Ÿ‘ โ”
โ” ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐”๐๐’๐ˆ๐ƒ๐„ ๐ƒ๐Ž๐–๐ - ๐๐Ÿ’ โ”
๐‚๐Ž๐’๐Œ๐ˆ๐‚ ๐๐‹๐Ž๐Ž๐๐„๐‘๐’

โ”โ” ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐•๐€๐๐ˆ๐’๐‡๐ˆ๐๐† - ๐๐Ÿ โ”โ”

1.9K 39 29
By yurtlehenderson

*     .         ⋆       °           *          '                 .                *
°         .  。 °  ⋆ •   ゚  。•  .   .   *          . ⋆         . °   .    𝐍𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟔𝐓𝐇, 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟑
𝐇𝐀𝐖𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐒, 𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐀𝐍𝐀
*            .                .          .       ⋆      .     .  ⋆   .  .   . ⋆             .           °                   *            *        •
*         °                      .                          •            *       .            . 

𝐇𝐀𝐖𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐒 𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐋 𝐋𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘

𝐔.𝐒 𝐃𝐄𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐑𝐆𝐘

The night is quiet, as it always has been in this small corner of Indiana, and yet this night is unlike any other. The halls were especially bare, occupied only by the melody of the generator humming as it struggled to pump light throughout the twisted maze of halls. That was, until...

BAM

The steel door rips open, colliding fast and hard with the walls with a fantastic thud. Swallowing all remaining silence along with it, was the cry of alarms that flood the hallway as he runs for his life. The man finds himself at the elevator, furiously slamming his hand against the elevator button hoping just maybe it might make the elevator come faster. As he does so, the man continues to look over his shoulder in a panic.

He knows its after him.

BOOM

He knows its close.

The man is thrilled to hear the soft ding of the elevator signaling its arrival. Before the doors are even opened all the way the man quickly ducks through and proceeds to frantically hit the UP button inside the elevator.

The doors begin to close.

For a second he believes he just might make it. But that doesn't completely cast away the fear as he can't seem to take his eyes off of the eerie hallway, expecting its arrival. The man attempts to calm his breathing. His hopes of escaping are growing stronger as things quiet down.

That's when he hears it.

That... Thing.

It takes every remaining ounce of courage for the man to slowly look up, but on some level, he already knows he is done for.

A low growl is heard above him followed by an unusual yet terrifying squeak.

The man's screams were cut off with the shut of the doors as he is yanked up towards the ceiling of the elevator. The man is no more.

||𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕||

It's quiet. The faint sound of sprinklers outside can be heard as we wait for Mike to continue. We are all on the edge of our seats. It's already hard enough they still can't find proper seating for me since I officially joined the party, so, for now, I'm wedged between my best friend Will and my brother Dustin.

"Something is coming. Something hungry for blood," Mike says, his voice barely above a whisper. "A shadow grows on the wall behind you, swallowing you in darkness."

Subconsciously we all slowly lean in waiting for whatever happens next.

"It is almost here."

"What is it?" Will asks suddenly, no longer capable of containing his curiosity.

This time it's Dustin who cuts in, "What if it's the Demogorgon?"

I take a deep breath in suspense. Out of the corner of my eye, Will practically throws himself back in his seat.

"Oh, Jesus, we're so screwed if it's the Demogorgon." Dustin rambles on.

Lucas speaks up, "It's not the Demogorgon." He sounds very sure of himself which gives me more confidence.

We all jump a little in our seats when Mike slams one of the game pieces down in front of us suddenly as he shouts "An army of troglodytes charge into the chamber!"

I sigh in great relief as Lucas gives a very smug and quite frankly, sassy look to Dustin as he props his elbow on the back of his chair which earns a soft chuckle from me.

"Troglodytes?" Dustin asks in disbelief.

"Told ya," I roll my eyes at Lucas despite the smile that grows on my face.

Everyone shares a good laugh, all of us relieved when my eyes meet Will's and we share a smile and a shake of the head as if silently saying 'I can't believe we were so worried for nothing'.

Simultaneously all of our smiles melt away when Mike starts looking around as he says, "Wait a minute. Did you hear that?"

"That...That sound," he says softly.

"Boom... Boom," his voice is getting slightly louder with each 'boom'. We all stare at Mike expectantly, hanging on to his every word.

"BOOM!" Mike is shouting at this point as he slams his hands against the wooden surface making the table as well as all of us jump.

I always get too into these games, I realize. My heart is racing as adrenaline courses through my veins. I look over and it seems when I jumped I grabbed on to the nearest thing next to me which happened to be Will's arm. Sheepishly, I retract my hand and look back at Mike in anticipation.

"That didn't come from the troglodytes. No, that... That came from something else." Mike continues.

We all look around at each other as we wait for Mike.

In an instant, Mike slams down the next figure on the board and exclaims, "The Demogorgon!"

'Yep. We're screwed.'

The silence is replaced with all of our defeated groans. Dustin sighs and says, "We're in deep shit."

Mike suddenly says, "Will, your action!"

"I don't know!" Will sounded desperate.

We're all on edge, but the boys are completely panicking.

"Fireball him!" Lucas shouts.

"I'd have to roll a 13 or higher!"

"Too risky." Dustin cuts in. "Cast a protection spell!"

Lucas turns to Will and says "Don't be a pussy," I roll my eyes. "Fireball him!"

At this point, Lucas and Dustin are just yelling at each other.

"Cast protection."

Our attention is quickly brought back to Mike when he shouts, "The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering! It stomps towards you."

"BOOM!"

"FIREBALL HIM!"

"Another stomp. BOOM."

"Cast. Protection."

"He roars in anger!"

At this point, everyone is yelling over one another; it's utter chaos, and finally I snap.

"Oh, come on, I'M tired of your silly human bickering, just let the boy roll!" It's hard to be heard over all the yelling but, by some miracle,, they manage to hear me and it's quiet for a split second as Will gets a chance to speak.

"And, FIREBALL!" He throws the dice on the table out of excitement and they go flying onto the floor.

"Oh shit!"

We all jump to our feet, scrambling to find the dice in anticipation.

"Where'd it go?" Lucas asks. "Where is it?"

Will almost sounded defensive, "I don't know!"

"Is it a 13?"

"How are we supposed to know if we haven't found the dice yet, Dustin?" I retort.

"Oh, my God! Oh, my God! Oh, my God!" Dustin chants as he paces back and forth. I roll my eyes as I continue to search on my hands and knees.

"Mike," It was Mrs. Wheeler.

"Mom we're in the middle of a campaign!" Mike exclaims.

"You mean the end? Fifteen after."

Mike sighs, exasperated and runs up the stairs.

I hear Lucas accuse Will. "Oh, my God! Freaking Idiot!"

"Lucas," I ease. "come on, it's not his fault. We were all caught up in the game. Let's just focus on- OH! Found 'em!"

I jump to my feet, pointing down at the D-20 for my friends to see and not wanting to tamper with the roll. The boys come running over and practically trampled me in the process.

"Shit, it's a seven." We all groan in frustration, especially Will.

"Does a seven count?" Will asked hopefully.

"Did Mike see it?" Lucas counters.

"Well, no."

"Then it doesn't count."

I sigh, beginning to pack up my bags and tidy up my mess knowing it was time to leave. The others do the same.

"Why do we have to leave?" Will asks sadly as we head up the stairs. "It was just getting good,"

"I know," I swing my arm off his shoulder dramatically with a sigh as we head up the basement stairs and for the garage door. "I know. But hey, just think how awesome the next one will be, eh?" I tease trying to get my best friend to smile.

||𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕||

Y/n has always been so good at cheering people up, I have no idea how they do it.

"Hey, guys. I'm sorry we had to end it so soon." Y/n and I turn around looking at Mike.

"No sweat, Mikey." Y/n shrugs, with a smile.

I love that smile. Suddenly their arm leaves my shoulder, and I frown a little.

I sigh inwardly, I've had such a bad crush on Y/n since Dustin and them moved here in the 4th grade. Y/n has no idea... I hope. I always admired them from afar, that is until they finally convinced Dustin to let them into the party. We were all glad to have them, Dustin can be a little overprotective is all. I'm not sure about Dustin, but as for Mike and Lucas, they know I like Y/n. Those guys can read me like a book, and once they caught on there was no convincing them otherwise.

"Hey, Mike? Where is Dustin?" Y/n asks.

That's a good point, I realize. He was right behind us but he hasn't come outside yet.

"I think he went upstairs to give the leftovers to Nancy."

"Oh, okay. I'll just wait here then. Uh oh, your plant is dying," Y/n said suddenly, kneeling down by the withering plant by the patio.

"Yeah, that's my mom's tomato plant. That thing is hopeless. She basically gave up on it."

"Well, I might be able to help," they said thoughtfully, beginning to scan the garage. "Where do you keep your gardening- Oh, never mind!"

Y/n quickly runs over to the shelves, retrieving some old packets and ran back over to the plant, kneeling beside it. 

You can always tell when they are concentrating; they always do this cute thing where they furrows their brow and chew their lip. My stomach does a little flip when I realize I was staring again and I quickly refocus my attention on my vest zipper. I still manage to see Y/n fiddling with the the packet to get it open, finally sprinkling the contents into the dirt before mixing it in with their finger. All the while, they mutter words of encouragement towards it. I remember them telling me one day about a study conducted on plants and how it was proved that they respond well to positive feedback, and the memory makes me smile. They were so fascinated by it; it was hard not to be as excited about it as they were when they told us about it.

Y/n stands up, brushing themselves off and smiles at Mike and then me. 

I kinda froze, not in panic but in awe. They just radiates warmth, and positivity effortlessly.

"What?" They chuckle, smiling at me.

I shake my head in embarrassment and look away, zipping up my vest and getting on my bike.

Lucas just rolls his eyes at my behavior. He's always telling me to just go for it but it's not that easy.

We all look to the door when we hear it slam. It's Dustin.

"There's something wrong with your sister." He grumbles.

"What are you talking about?"

"She's got a stick up her butt."

"Yeah," Lucas joins in. "It's because she's been dating that douche bag, Steve Harrington."

"Yeah, she's turning into a real jerk."

"She's always been a real jerk!" Mike interrupts.

"Nuh-uh. She used to be cool, like the time she dressed up as an elf for our elder tree campaign." With that, Dustin headed off on his bike, followed by Y/n but not before sending me a smile and thanking Mike.

"It was a seven," I tell him, thinking back on the campaign.

"Huh?"

"The roll, it was a seven. The Demogorgon, it got me."

Mike seems a bit shocked at my truthfulness, but ultimately shrugs it off, nodding. I nod back.

"See you later!" I say as I start peddling away.

I catch up just in time to see Lucas bid his goodbyes.

"Good night, ladies!" He chimes.

"Kiss your mom 'night for me," Dustin calls before looking over at me.

"Race you back to my place? Winner gets a comic?"

Before I can respond Y/n speaks up, "and am I included this time, like at all?"

"Course not," he says nonchalantly. I shake my head, feeling kinda bad for them, but I know it's just sibling banter.

"Well then," they scoff. "Don't be surprised if your bike tires mysteriously deflate one day, Dustin. There's all kinds of weirdos around here,"

I laugh, and Dustin just ignores them.

"Any comic?" I ask.

"Yeah!" As we are about to start we both look back when we hear Y/n frantically yelling, "Shit! DUSTIN HELP!"

I look back to see them winking at me with a smile on their face. Automatically realizing what they are up to, I booked it.

Fortunately for me, Dustin wasn't so quick. I could hear his frantic cries, suddenly struggling to keep his bike steady as he attempts to look back, "Jesus, Y/n what's wrong-? HEY, WHAT THE HELL?!"

There it is. Although, I was already far ahead.

"DAMMIT Y/N, IF I LOSE YOU OWE ME A COMIC BOOK!"

I can hear Y/n's laughter from here and it makes me smile. As the laughter grows more and more distant, I hear "GO WILL, GO!"

Somehow my smile gets bigger, and my legs go faster.

"Hey! Hey! Get back here! I'm gonna kill you! BOTH of you!"

"I'll take your X-Men 134!" I shout as I pass his house and take the shortcut to my own.

As I slow down my mind starts to wonder; It wanders to the campaign today. It wanders to how Y/n helped me win the race and my new comic book just moments ago. It wanders to Y/n grabbing my arm during the campaign and how I don't think I've ever blushed that hard... My mind wanders to Y/n. 

Sometimes I really hate how much I like them. How I can't get them out of my head. They've always been such a good friend to me and I just don't get how someone can be so nice, and thoughtful and-

My thoughts are cut short when I notice my bike light flickering. I look down at it in confusion. Just then it comes back on. I look back at the road and I see a disturbingly tall, ominous figure staring me down. My heart practically stops in the figure's wake.

My body reacted before my mind could; I yanked my bike right and as I cruise down the ditch, my bike topples over and I'm sent to the muddy ground. It takes me a second to gather my senses as I warily pick myself up and try and get a glimpse of what I just saw. My heart starts racing faster as I hear an alarming and indistinct growling. I'm whimpering at this point but I don't care. I ditch my bike without a second thought and book it as fast as I can in the direction of my house.

I'm sniveling and panting as I make it through the fog that covers the road in front of my house. I make it on to the porch, throw open the door, and slam it shut just as fast. My fingers fumble to secure every single lock on the door and for the first time in my life I wonder why we don't have more. All the while, Chester is barking like crazy.

"Mom?" I'm running through the house looking in every room for any sign of my mom or Jonathan.

"Jonathan? Mom?"

'Crap they must be working. Crap! No No No!'

I run back into the living room and throw the blinds over my head, wincing as it hit the back of my head. But I waste no time in cupping my hands up against the glass to get a better look at the yard to see if I can spot the figure.

My stomach drops what feels like ten stories.

I can see it in the distance right between the sheets that were hung out to dry.

It's just standing there. Menacingly. (a/n: If you understood that reference, and actually thought it was funny let's be friends please 😂)

It starts stomping towards the house.

I gasp and start running for the phone.

I hastily pick the phone up from the mount and my fingers are shaking as I try and dial 911 as fast as possible.

I can hear it ringing. I can hear the click as if someone picked up. I waste no time, "Hello? HELLO?!"

All I can hear over the phone now is static, and then a disturbing, yet familiar screech-like growl. Chester's barking is getting louder and more frequent indicating that It's right outside. I slowly peer around the corner to look at the glass window on the door and I can barely make out the menacing shadowy figuring looming outside the door. I can hear it growling from outside.

Chester's barks quickly turn into whimpers as he backs away towards me.

Then the unthinkable happens.

The chain lock on the inside of the door starts unlocking itself.

'Shit!'

At this point, I realize I'm never going to be able to outrun it so I'm going to have to at least try to defend myself. I remember the gun we keep in the shed out back and make a run for it, not even bothering to hang up the phone. I nearly trip on my own feet as I run for the shed. I make it inside and slam the shed door behind me in the process. I quickly but carefully take the gun off the wall and set it on the shelf as I scramble for the ammo. My fingers are still trembling as I fumble to put the bullets in the magazine.

Once I finally get the magazine in, I pick up the gun and aim it at the shed door waiting. It seems as though I can't even keep the gun steady since my entire body is completely tremoring, even my unsteady breaths.

It has to be close by now.

As if on cue I hear the deep growling that I've already heard twice tonight and for a couple of moments I think it's outside. But then I realize why it sounds so close.

It's in the shed with me.

It's behind me.

The fear is nearing paralyzing, but I still manage to command my body to turn around to get a look at this relentless monster. When I see it I just stand there in utter disbelief, the gun slowly and subconsiously lowering to my side in shock. I'm completely frozen in place as I stare at the beast in front of me. The hanging light bulb above me glows intensively brighter with every passing second. The last thing I see before I'm cloaked in pure white light and an unbearable chill is the monster's long arm reaching out for me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.4K 455 27
Y/n L/n was experiment number 10. You escaped the lab when you were eleven. After walking a few miles, you passed out. When you came too, four boys w...
207 13 8
On November 7 of 1983, a tragedy struck the american city of Hawkins, the disappearance of Will Byers. ...And 5 days later, on the 12th A mysterious...
242K 6.9K 31
Y/n uses they/them pronouns to make it comfortable for all readers. ************************* "Don't you trust me?" "Of course not! I would never tru...
42.4K 1.2K 27
One night changes everything when you and your best friend Will Byers get trapped together in a strange realm known as the Upside Down. While your mo...