Strength to Protect (A BBB AU...

By SorameiTenebris

A BBB AU Fanfiction (Big Brother AU) Everything changed that day, and by that time, Boboiboy's role as a hero... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Journal Log 1
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Journal Log 2
Journal Log 3
Chapter 19
Birthday Special
Chapter 20
Teaser for the upcoming new arc
Chapter 21
Chapter 22

Chapter 18

874 66 23
By SorameiTenebris

A/N: A short POV of Boboiboy during the discovery of their powers. Though it is set during Ice's to Solar's power awakening.

-0-0-0-

Boboiboy always remembered how everything was his doing. The moment their powers suddenly awakened, the brunette knew that his siblings wouldn't be able to live a normal life anymore. He didn't want to hide the fact of their lineage, but at the same time, Boboiboy wanted for his siblings to live a life of some normalcy.

He often wondered if he grew up away from the family business of being galactic heroes. Of course, he accepts it willingly, even if slowly he had come to realize of the dire consequences. Boboiboy would often call back those times of his childlike innocence. As a child, he was never that close with children of his age, other than Kaizo. It was always missioning, and he was young when he started. Now, he sees how other children would act. It made the oldest sibling think feel jealous of that life, but he never lets it get to him as he knows and experiences everything. He is just thankful of the second chances and for his family's safety.

However, he knew that the past would come back. The moment his father came back, Boboiboy had a hunch that it was something more than family visit. His father seemed detailed when recalling the events of their deeds across the galaxies. But none could prepare when he heard that his father managed to tell them more of their mother's demise, as well as the hidden power that Boboiboy has.

And even if he hates to admit it, his father was right. Boboiboy had no idea of his dark elemental powers. If he were to also find out how to unlock second tier, it was still a mystery to him.

The aftermath of those events left his siblings questioning things that they experienced. Boboiboy could only look at them with such sadness as he didn't want to tell much. They were still children, and the oldest sibling even thought that maybe their powers would appear at a slight older age. Now, it caused more ruckus than what he expects.

It didn't help that Blaze and Halilintar were the first ones to have their powers awaken. All because his father broke what Boboiboy tried to make them experience, some of his lost childhood innocence. Then Gempa was next, and it was too much for him as well. It was to protect him, and the third septuplet bore a scar to his fist, reminding of his desperation to stop Boboiboy from being taken. As once the owner of their powers, he knew how he activated his powers from before.

When it was the lightning, it was when he protected Ochobot from Bora Ra. Thunderstorm came next when he was on a dangerous mission. There were lots of explosions and it surrounded him, Kaizo, and his team. They were children, but during that situation, Boboiboy turned his fears into anger and frustration.

Fire came when he took a test for TAPOPS, it didn't help that the ones who were testing them had some deep hatred rivalry towards his father. Kaizo was with him as his partner, but they took it too far when the physical fights became extreme. The taunts and them still on the process of noting their powers, made Boboiboy angry and vengeful. The second tier came, and it was one of those memories that he wished to forget. The first fight he had towards his father, it destroyed the entire training room, and it took Laksamana Tarung and his mother to stop the fight.

The earth element appeared during the same time he protected Ochobot. But Quake, the second tier became a part of him when he first went on a mission with his mother and father. It was a planet surrounded by rocks, but they were ambushed. When Boboiboy sees them being outnumbered, that desperation to protect grew, and his second tier came to be. It took a lot from him since he summoned golems and sentient life forms from the rocks, but they were able to protect him.

Now, his three siblings gained the powers of his once elementals. It seemed that they have awakened second tier at such a young age, yet he knew that there are still room for developments. Boboiboy never forced them to train that hard, but he made sure to at least practice control and basic manipulations and summoning from their respective elements.

It was all going well, but he knew that the remaining four seemed to feel hurt with what happened. Boboiboy knew the glances they were giving, and he made sure to give them attention, and comfort them with the hopes of his siblings never being left behind no matter what.

The fifth septuplet, Ice, was the first one Boboiboy confronted. It was night time, but his brother was alone in their backyard. A cold night with the winds drifting as a soft breeze. The oldest sibling didn't want any of them to feel alone, so he did what he remembered his parents would do when feeling sad.

He already had Ice's favorite blanket, and Boboiboy knew how much this means to his little brother. A comfort blanket when he feels overwhelmed and sad, since the fifth septuplet was usually calm. But when he panics or becomes frightened, Ice freezes on spot, and would look at something with wide quivering eyes.

When he sees those young cyan orbs, Boboiboy knew that Ice was not feeling well, not after the events from their father. The young child's face seemed calm, but those eyes would always betray that calm demeanor.

"It's late, Ice." He softly uttered, hoping that it doesn't scare him, "You should be in bed."

"I don't like sleeping now." He sees Ice shaking his head, but he could see Ice clutching the blanket, and covering most of his small body.

Boboiboy knew that the child didn't want to be left alone, so he sat beside his brother, "I'll stay then..."

The oldest sibling chuckled at the sight of Ice trying to deny the blanket, but he could see how his brother loved it. Since it was the blanket that his mother made, and that time, he was using his water elemental form when Boboiboy was watching his mother making it. This was a memento and hopes that his little brother, Ice, now carries a piece of memory towards his childhood.

Yet, it made his eyes soften even more when his brother begged for hugs, which Ice implies that he felt cold. Boboiboy knew that his brother likes the cold, which includes treats, the breeze, and temperature. The oldest sibling knew what it meant and he didn't ask. Rather, he hugged Ice, with the blanket surrounding his young body.

"...you won't leave us..."

"Y-you feel cold – please! Don't leave me!"

Those words made his eyes widen, remembering his realization that he was almost taken by his father, in hopes of his dark elemental powers to be understood. Maybe this was what his father meant, which Boboiboy misunderstood. He thought his siblings would be taken because he may hurt them. It was actually the opposite.

Boboiboy slightly tightened his grip onto Ice's shoulder, but was still careful enough to not hurt his brother. The thought of being separated at such a disastrous state would destroy them, the same thing that happened when he chose to leave and take his siblings. He and his father left with an unresolved past, and it was eating Boboiboy.

But now, he doesn't want his past to intervene with his siblings' life. He could see Ice not looking at him, a child that was desperate and in denial of the events. So, Boboiboy did the same thing he would do for Ice. Something that his brother loves.

He raised the palm of his hand, as much as some of his elemental powers were not the same as before, Boboiboy could still use them other than to fight and protect.

"Open your eyes, Ice. Please?"

And when his brother did, Boboiboy remember those same cyan eyes when Ice was still an infant. How it sparkled with glee and delight when snowflakes began dancing, as well as droplets swirling at his fingertips, before freezing and dissipating into glittering orbs. Ice loved the cold, and Boboiboy made sure to place it onto the child's heart that regardless of the bad, there is always the good, and the grey.

"The cold isn't always harsh." He says, "It could be calming as well."

And it did. Because when his water elemental came, it was during a training session with his parents. Boboiboy was stressed out that time, but when his mother calmed him through meditation, and when they arrived at a planet that has different bodies of water, it all came to be. The second tier came when he learned to fight without just rushing in. Keeping a cool and calm mind, everything froze around him. On the battlefield, his ice was dangerous and harsh, but when he uses it, the past elemental sentient of Ice would always make it snow, especially if others were to request a winter wonderland playground.

Boboiboy wanted his brother Ice to remember this, that it has many purposes. The cold isn't just to hurt, or feel it's deadly blizzard, but it also means rest, and calmness. A time to rejuvenate before being out to the colorful life. Just like winter before spring, a moment of rest, preparing to be rejuvenated.

Ice is that child, and he knows that it would still grow. Boboiboy was scared when he sees Ice's powers awakening, replicating his own, which was even more beautiful than his. However, when he sees his brother smiling at his new found powers, the oldest sibling gleamed with pride and joy.

'Just like me, just like Ice... calm he may be, but his eyes showed gleam and joy.'

"Your snowflake is beautiful, Ice." Boboiboy compliments as he gently ruffles his brother's hair.

But Ice replied, smiling as he showed the same snowflake Boboiboy made. The same simplistic but memorable pattern, "My snowflakes ... they're from you, Abang. It's prettier than mine."

Boboiboy blinked, but he couldn't help but see a reflection of himself, wearing cyan clothing with a hood adorning his head. The oldest sibling smiled, but he fought back the tears.

'Ice... you would have loved him...'

-0-0-0-

Boboiboy remembered how kites were something that his mother and father used to practice his wind powers. It appeared the same time from the Bora Ra incident, but he mostly uses it for fun practices. The brunette remembered how he would tease his father by blowing his hair out of revenge. That's where his parents got the idea of using kites for wind control, and out of sheer fun, Boboiboy even flew with the kites as he holds the string with his hand. His second tier even appeared when he and Kaizo raced at an obstacle field, in some wide terrain planet. They were having fun, and to make him win without using his thunderstorm powers, he used his wind. Suddenly, the thrill and the fun of it made his powers evolved, and he flew fast like the dash of strong but gentle winds.

Those were the good days whenever they had the time to visit Earth. As a child, Boboiboy recognized that he was traumatized with the events that occurred for being a child agent of the galaxies. He was just thankful that he has parents to support him, whilst trying to have some semblance of child fun. However, that was all in the past that Boboiboy could only remember in melancholic glances. Yet he tried to remain some semblance of his experiences towards his brothers. Taufan loved it so much when he introduced it to his siblings. They all joined the fun, but it was the second septuplet that felt more of it.

Boboiboy smiled when he remembers the memory of Taufan almost falling from the stairs. He did catch his little brother, but the giggle made the oldest sibling sigh. He knew that Taufan enjoyed that moment, and would often try to do it again. Boboiboy had to give him the talk and begged to ask another alternative. Like the winds, Taufan was a free spirit and his words were like the breeze. It could soothe everyone around him. He likes thrills and fun games, especially if the outside is windy and breezy. Taufan even enjoyed sleeping on fields near their cocoa shop with little Ice, only if it's a windy day and the breeze is soothing.

Yet, after the events from their father, his happy breezy brother suddenly lost any mood for it. Boboiboy could see the glances Taufan would give whenever they would fall asleep at night, it's like his little brother was afraid of him disappearing. Whenever Halilintar was with Gempa and Blaze, training outside, Taufan would glance at them, and then to his siblings. Those blue orbs were cold and bore so much sadness.

Boboiboy knew that the thought of them being separated gave so much fear that neither wanted to let their guards down. They were only children, six years of age, yet this was almost the feeling Boboiboy had as a child. He wanted to help ease those fears and worries. The oldest sibling knew that it won't disappear, but at least, maybe, he could help them give some semblance of safety.

So, when Boboiboy received a chat coming from Ochobot, he immediately rushed home since he was finished with buying groceries. He arrived and sees the living room silent and no traces of being occupied. The brunette just placed the groceries at the kitchen, placing some of the stuff inside the refrigerator before coming up.

He arrived at the top, and was standing by his siblings' room. Boboiboy didn't knock, but decided to call, "Taufan?"

Boboiboy didn't wait, but he gently pries the door open, only to see Taufan being covered by a blanket of his bed. The oldest sibling gave a sad gaze when he sees his little brother curling up.

"I'm sleepy..." Taufan said, soft his voice may be, but Boboiboy could hear the sadness from it.

"Doesn't seem like you want to sleep, though." He replied, and when he explained how he left his siblings and friends to play, Taufan declined the offer and decided to stay in their room.

Boboiboy gently closes the door and approaches Taufan with soft footsteps echoing throughout the room. He sat down beside his blanket covered sibling, brown eyes noticing how the windows were shut and no sensation of winds anywhere.

"It's kind of hot here, Little Breeze." Boboiboy said as he glances at his brother.

A memory came on a fine summer afternoon, it was very hot during that time. Boboiboy remembered how everyone of his siblings seemed bored since Tok Aba and Ochobot were working at the cocoa shop. The older man even scolded Boboiboy and told to just rest and be with his siblings. It was because the brunette worked hard within a week just for Tok Aba to rest, add that he even volunteered to do some of the chores alone when he gets home. So, the older man decided to let Boboiboy rest, and spend time watching the septuplets.

Long story, short, he sees Taufan making some paper airplanes that were taught by Tok Aba, and flew it at the nearest electric fan. An idea popped and he told them of flying kites. It was Taufan who beamed at the thought more, and released an excited whoop.

"Why don't you come out. Let's fly some kites." He said as his hand gently holds the blanket, "I want to do this with you for a while, Ufan."

Because kites now remind him of Taufan. When flew up high, there is a sense of freedom from being blown by the breeze. But there's a guide so it could never be led astray. His little breeze is still that kite. A young child needed to feel that sensation, but at the same time, a need to be guided so he could never feel lost or alone up above.

He wants his siblings to experiences happiness of being a child, without any worries of any enemy or the thought of being a hero. Just children having fun, even if it could be short-lived. When Taufan got out of the covers, he could see that longing look for such a menial activity to other's eyes. But for them, especially for Taufan, the oldest sibling knew that there are such dreams from those blue orbs.

So, when he opens the windows, he lets the wind get inside their room. Because whenever Taufan felt sad, he would let his little breeze experience flight even at such small heights. The feeling of flying, whenever literal or metaphorical, or just at such small heights, there is always a sense of satisfaction of being able to reach some degree of thrilling sensations.

And, when Taufan felt those winds, the same ones that occur whenever all of them spend time together, his little breeze quickly got out from the bed and hugged Boboiboy without any hesitation.

"... I also want to fly so I could be with you."

He hugs his little sibling, caressing his hair as the winds add more to the sensation of being comforted.

"... I thought they'll leave... and you'll leave..."

'Ah...'

"P-Please don't leave..."

Boboiboy had begged with those words to two people in his life, his mother and father. Regrettably, they both left at different circumstances. He never wanted his siblings to experience being left at such tragic fates. But he would be ready when they were to spread their wings and fly, that's the parting he would feel comfortable with, because he knew that they're ready to fly... and that they'll come back if needed or wanted to be.

"Then fly, Taufan. And even if you did, we won't leave you." Boboiboy softly replied, 'You enjoy the winds, fly, and I'll be there to witness it.'

"What if I can't? If I fall down?"

They would always stumble and fall along the way, and if they cannot experience the feeling of both parents ready to catch their child, then Boboiboy, their big brother, is ready to catch them no matter what.

"Then I'll catch you. Just like before."

When he felt and sees the changes from those blue orbs, he knew that Taufan accepted it, and felt comforted. Boboiboy would never leave them unexpectedly. He would rather wait for them to be ready. Then, when the light engulfed the room, he knew what happened.

Boboiboy smiled when he hears Taufan's giggles, his little breeze flying like the kite... no, as if he were one with the winds.

"You made your winds, and it's like you, a free spirit."

Out of nostalgia, the winds surrounding Taufan suddenly disappeared. But Boboiboy made another to catch him. He chuckled, especially when he hears his little brother's mischievous laugh. Boboiboy looked at Taufan, who seemed to have had fun being caught after his little stunt. When he gazes at the window, he sees himself wearing blue clothes, flying at the sky. That reflection smiled at him, and when he blinks, he was gone.

'He'll fly like you, Taufan.'

-0-0-0-

A/N:

I did say that it's not only the four, but there is also Boboiboy's POV. I decided that this would occur and a timeskip would happen after that. Because the slight crucial pov, which I'll be challenged to write are Halilintar, Blaze, and Gempa. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3K 266 18
Being in a family of septuplets seems fun and all, But it may be a complete chaos. This is the story of the Elemental septuplets-their life, adventur...
36.3K 1K 27
[Changed story title] Oldest - Thunderstorm 2nd Oldest - Cyclone 3rd Oldest - Earthquake Mid - Blaze 2nd Mid - Ice Younger - Thorn Youngest - Solar M...
23.4K 1.4K 72
This is my first fanfiction so please be kind to me. Just correct me if I make mistake. I don't mind. Oh, and feel free to comments! I like reading p...
4.2K 225 4
Blαcĸ Ice. Aɴ eхpαɴѕιoɴ ѕploтcнed wιтн cryѕтαllιɴe вαllѕ oғ ғlαмe. "Leт ɢo! I ɴeed тo ɢeт тo нιм!!!" ...S-ѕo.. Dαrĸ. Scαrleт αɴd opαl ιɴ α вυrѕт oғ ɴ...