A Weasley Love Story: Year 1

By JulieSbyAndersen

You are Cora West and you are attending to Hogwarts school of wizardry. There you meet a couple of red haired... More

~Two Of A Kind~
~The Two Weasleys~
~Dangerous Duo~
~Christmas Back Again~

~First Day~

13 0 0
By JulieSbyAndersen

I woke up the next morning of a loud bang. I fell out of my bed and right onto the hard, cold floor. I quickly grabbed my wand and got up and pointed it towards the window where the sound came from. There was a big whole in our window so I slowly walked over to check. I got a glimpse of some red hair and I put my wand down again. "Fred, George!" I yelled and opened the window and looked down at them as they were hiding right below the window. They flew up in front of the window and looked at me for a second before they started yelling at each other: "I told you to stay quiet!" one shouted. "And I told you not to breathe so loud!" the other shouted back. "Uhm actually, it was your hair I noticed. Not your...breathing," I mumbled looking at them. "Must've been George. He's got such a big head," Fred said. "I do not!" George yelled and almost pushed Fred off of his broom. I rolled my eyes and grabbed my clothes before I walked to the bathroom to get changed.

Hermione and I headed to class and picked a couple of seats in front of the room. I looked around wondering where our professor was. I hummed to myself and looked back on my desk, seeing a potions book. "I've heard that Professor Snape is very strict and that he's not a fan of Gryffindors," Hermione said looking at me. "I saw him out in the hall earlier, he even looks terrifying," Ron said. He was jumping into our conversation, sitting at the desk behind us, along with Harry. Then the door in the back of the classroom was shut loudly. Professor Snape walked up to his desk slowly.

"There will be no foolish wand-waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion-making. However, for those select few..," he said, keeping his eyes ahead. "Who possesses the predisposition... I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper in death. I am Professor Snape, during class you will not speak unless addressed to do so. You will keep your eyes forward at all times. If I hear or see anything out of the ordinary, you will be sent directly to Dumbledore. Do I make myself clear?" Snape drawled, eying the Gryffindors.

"Yes sir," chorused around the class as some students just nodded silently. "I'd expect so," he snarled. "Today we will be brewing a simple potion: "The Draught of Peace" everyone get out your textbooks. You will partner with those closest to you in groups of two or three. I will come around to assign partners. When you come to collect ingredients, you will all share one cauldron and one student from each group will walk here to retrieve what they need," he said pointedly.

He then walked around the class, partnering students. Finally he got to me. It was like he totally was ignoring me. It almost looked like he had something to tell me but couldn't.  "Professor Snape," I nodded to him with a straight face I made sure to carry. "Tell me, will I be expecting any incompetence from you as I saw with your siblings," he asked with a twisted face. "Your judgement of my siblings is obviously flawed. However, I assure you that I hold skill in potion making and that I will continue to build no matter what you think of me," I said to him, trying to remain professional.

"You two," he said pointing at Hermione and Ron. "And you two," he pointed at Harry and Neville. "What about Cora?" Hermione asked, with slight anger in her eyes. "Well, if Ms. West is so astute at potion making, I'm sure she can do it alone," he said with a sickly smile. "Gladly," I said coldly, slamming open my potions book. Finally, Snape left and I got to work. I mumbled severe profanities under my breath as he walked away. "You okay?," Ron asked quietly. "Peachy," I snarled, glaring at Snape's greasy black mop on his head. "Hey, relax. You'll do great," he said smiling and looked at me. I sighed slightly. "Thanks Ron," I smiled. "No problem."

I got up to get the ingredients, then began reading the textbook.
"To brew the Draught of Peace, follow these steps :

1. Add powdered moonstone and wait until the potion turns green.

2. Stir until the potion turns blue.

3. Add powdered moonstone until the potion turns purple.

4. Allow to simmer until the potion turns pink.

5. Add syrup of hellebore until the potion turns turquoise.

6. Shake powdered porcupine quills vigorously until they are ready and then add until the potion turns red.

7. Stir until the potion turns orange.

8. Add porcupine quills until the potion turns turquoise again.

9. Add powdered unicorn horn until the potion turns pink.

10. Stir until the potion turns red.

11. Add more powdered moonstone until the potion turns grey.

11. Allow the potion to simmer
until it turns orange.

12. Add more powdered porcupine quills until the potion turns white. Stirring.

13. Add exactly 7 drops of hellebore.

And if done correctly it will change from white to silver."

I sighed and moved some hair out of my face. Then, I began crushing moonstone.
After about half an hour, I was on the final step. I was so deeply concentrated that I didn't take much notice of my surroundings. I got hellebore in a vial and got my tube out to measure exactly seven drops.

"One... two... three" I mumbled when all of a sudden - "Oops," a blonde Ravenclaw girl muttered with a smile as she hit my back. I was in the middle of careful mixing. "What the hell?!" I exclaimed, turning to her.  She shrugged and walked away. I was about to flip her off when I noticed Snape eying me across the class. I sighed and rubbed my face with my hands. I turned back to my potion. It either has seven drops or it's one short. I held my breath as I went with my gut and added one more drop. The potion bubbled a bit, causing Snape to come closer, hoping to see me fail. Then, it calmed down and turned a slick silver.

I sighed in victory, relief flooding my body. Snape came and looked at my potion. "Hmm. It's adequate. Seems some traits from your mother made it to you," he said rolling his eyes as I looked at him in amazement. That seemed like a compliment. "Good job, Cora," Hermione and Ron said at the same time. Harry patted my back as Fred and Geroge jumped up out of nowhere, pumped their fists in the air and yelled.  "YEAH!" "SIT DOWN WEASLEY'S!" Snape boomed in anger. They quickly sat down quietly with fear in their eyes, causing me to chuckle.

We all walked out of class relieved that we all finished our potions. "You guys don't happen to have flying class with Madam Hooch now do you?" George asked us. "Oh god, what have you done now," Ron asked, looking at the twins. "Oh we haven't done anything," one said "Yet," the other finished. "They're helping Madam Hooch with her class today as they're really good in Quidditch. And they got detention. So they kinda have to. Or sit down with Snape for hours after school time. And no one wants that," Hermione said, still looking forward as we walked. "How does she always know everything...it's scary," Ron whispered to Harry and I and we'd both chuckle at him. 

"I'm so tired," I mumbled, rubbing my eyes. "I'm sure flying will get you excited," Fred said with a comforting smile. "I'm quite excited," Harry said. "I'm not," Ron said, panic flooding his eyes. "Why not?" "Can't stand heights," he said shakily. George laughed at this, causing Ron to scowl. After a bit we were at the field, appearing to be the last ones to arrive.

"Alright, alright settle down first years!" a woman with slim features and striking yellow eyes called out, silencing the curious murmurs rippling throughout the class. "My name is Madam Hooch, today will be learning simply how to fly on a broom. Now everyone please stand in front of a broomstick," she gestured to the brooms on the ground laid about two feet apart from one another.

"Very good, yes now hold a hand over your broom and say 'Up'" "Up!" Fred called, getting it on his first try. George did the same and they both looked at the others to see if anyone needed some help or tips. "Up!" I said, getting it on my first try as well. I looked over to my left to see Fred and George smiling cheekily at me. "We did it first," Fred taunted. "I did it better," I said, leaning on my broom. "Up!" Ron said. The broom didn't move. "Up!" he said again. "Up! Up! Up!" he yelled angrily, the broom then launched up and smacked his head. "Oww!" he rubbed his face while we all laughed.

"Oh shut it," he said with a smile. Just then the rest of the class also lifted their brooms. The twins couldn't stop laughing and making jokes about Ron. Madam Hooch finally had enough of them and started to bark orders very aggressively.

"Alright, now get on the broom. Place one foot on either side of it and get ready to jump upward," Madam Hooch said as the class excitedly got on their brooms, except for Ron who looked like he was going to throw up from even thinking about flying.  "Gryffindors, you first. On my whistle. 3, 2, 1!" she said, then blew a piercing whistle. I launched myself upward. Obviously, the others haven't done this before, like I had. I felt a light breeze as I looked down to see myself levitating off the ground.

I looked over to see Fred racing around on his broom. I speed up to him. "Isn't this great, West?" he yelled in excitement as his eyes watered slightly from the air. "It's amazing!" I laughed, going in circles around him. "You up for a race, West?" he challenged excitedly. "Only if you're prepared to lose Weasley!" I said back confidently. "Go!" he yelled suddenly, taking off.

We both flew over to some goalposts that were set up. Surprisingly enough I got there first. I flew through the goalpost and towards the next one. He flew underneath me and I looked down at him confused. As I was looking at him I didn't pay attention to what was in front of me. I stopped right before hitting the brick wall. I saw Fred laughing to himself as he flew through the next goalpost. There was only one left of the race. And I was not going to let him win that easily. I adjusted my broom and flew off after him as fast as I could on a broom as bad as this one. As I flew past him, I went through the goalpost just a second before him and I almost knocked him off his broom as I did so.

As we both landed we could see Madam Hooch's furious look. She then calmed down out of nowhere and walked over to us. "Ms. West. I will not accept such behavior in my classes. You will only do as I tell you to. Not what Weasley encourages you to do," she said and I sighed looking down. "But, I haven't seen such talent in someone as young as you in forever. I would like you to join Gryffindor's Quidditch team," she said and looked at me. I looked up at her slowly, my eyes widened. "Wait what? Are you serious! I would love that!" I answered excitedly. Fred put his hand up and I gave him a high-five him. "Not bad for a first year," he said and smirked and walked off.

"Good job, to most of you. You may all leave for dinner," Madam Hooch said and stared at Fred and George with her creepy yellow eyes before she walked off towards her office. Ron, Hermione, Harry and George walked up to Fred and I and cheered. "We actually do have a Quidditch match soon, so don't forget to meet up on our practices," George said seriously for the first time ever. I nodded. "Yes sir! Will do!" The others laughed and we walked to the great hall.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 54.2K 100
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
135K 2.8K 25
Colby Brock x reader fan fiction In which a girl runs from her past and a boy tries to heal her. COMPLETED
1M 39.6K 92
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
32.9K 389 12
I shall be doing preferences for... Harry, Ron, Draco, Fred, George and Neville. These preferences are quite short and take ages to write as I'm lazy...